Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

+50
Dimsie
fred
Roasted Arizona
lynn
AnnaEsse
Alpine Aster
Justiceforallkids
MaryB
quickfingers
tanszi
FSoares
Eve
Patchouli
kitti
littlepixie
Fudge
jassi
fishie
wjk
devonmum
dazedandconfused
tabs
MissGivings
Christine
Lillyofthevalley
Bridgieboo
magicslipper
Susan
the one and only big_l
T4two
maebee
wantthetruth
Colonel Fabien
welshy
Sprite
Carolina
bootsy
Gobsmacked
ann_chovey
Jean-Luc
flubber
Angelina
Claudia79
ali1966
ProfMoriarty
stellarose
zodiac
halfamo
frankie stein
steve1295
54 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 11:54

woodward wrote:From the outset there were subliminal mentions of water-the washing machine-pooh bear (and his sticks in the river no doubt)-the neighbour seeing her playing with ducklings-the relative speaking of her love of water-the father mentioning her determined to get to the sea by herself-they all but pointed the police to the drains and the police went for abduction? I dont think even the dumbest policeman is that dumb-must have been giving them enough rope IMO

Yes, not forgetting Aisling's nickname of "splashing"

The McCanns, kate in particular, has always hammered home how sleepy the children where on the 3rd May - in one interview (one year on perhaps) she said "they were sleepy, very very sleepy". The McCanns have always been insistant that Madeleine would not have woken up - and wandered off. The grandmother stating that Madeleine sleep walked. The constant talk of what time the children would go to bed, the fact the twins were now sleeping in beds etc
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 11:58

Lilemor wrote:Full press conference - by inspector

http://www.3news.co.nz/Aisling-police-find-body-of-a-child--full-press-conference/tabid/309/articleID/125084/cat/64/Default.aspx

Such a brave and sympathic inspector! :Hug1:

Police must be very strong. They are exposed to heavy burdens.
And I am really wondering how it is possible for men like Sehnor Amaral still to believe in god!
They get in touch with the evil every day! They know what humans are able to do evil.

The chap is absolutely gutted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 12 Oct - 12:05

No wonder!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 12 Oct - 12:05

Lilemor wrote:
I think such a gully is similar to a drain.
The lids weight: 40 kg (80 german pounds)!!!!
In no way a child can raise such a lid.

The lid or manhole cover is covering a vertical shaft which decends into the drain itself. They are usually placed at intervals as access points to carry out inspection and maintenance of the drain. As you rightly say, no way could a child lift such a cover but, if the cover had been left open by someone else (as in the German article you linked to) then a child could conceivably have fallen in by accident. An autopsy should be able to determine on the basis of the injuries and cause of death whether that was indeed the case.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 12 Oct - 12:09

What are the chances off the body being 'dumped' a mile or two away and coming out exactly near where the child lived?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 12:11

kitti wrote:What are the chances off the body being 'dumped' a mile or two away and coming out exactly near where the child lived?

thts one reason why i think this was a tragic accident i think the little girl somehow either got in a river and was swept into the drain or someone left it open and she got in and drowned
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 12:17

T4two wrote:Lilemor wrote:
I think such a gully is similar to a drain.
The lids weight: 40 kg (80 german pounds)!!!!
In no way a child can raise such a lid.

The lid or manhole cover is covering a vertical shaft which decends into the drain itself. They are usually placed at intervals as access points to carry out inspection and maintenance of the drain. As you rightly say, no way could a child lift such a cover but, if the cover had been left open by someone else (as in the German article you linked to) then a child could conceivably have fallen in by accident. An autopsy should be able to determine on the basis of the injuries and cause of death whether that was indeed the case.

This is true, but a ground search team had spent over 48 hours scouring a three kilometre radius around the house early last week, i find it hard to believe that this open lid would have not have been noticed.

Has it been reported yet who lives in the property where the child's body was found?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 12 Oct - 12:19

Except that rivers don't flow into these drains, these drains empty into rivers or culvets. However it's conceivable that the body could have been dumped into an access shaft further up the drain and carried down towards where the child lived.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 12:20

woodward wrote:carly -slightly off topic-why when I clicked on your link to the Aisling fund website did I see an Eddie in sunglasses image on your list of images?

i dont know???? now thats really weird everything on my end seems normal did anyone else see that?
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 12:29

i see it now wood but i dont understand why??? maybe someone hacked imageshack maybe i should delete the images

edit i took them off im going to change my password here too

Last edited by carlymichelle on Mon 12 Oct - 12:31; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 12 Oct - 12:30

Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 12:35

woodward wrote:its alongside an image ,Carly, of a thankyou teddy to Amber for this site -have you used such an image?
no i have not i changed my password for here and removed the images i screenshot the images with fireshot which is in firefox and after my rant the other day i bet someone is trying to mess with me!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 12 Oct - 12:40

Yes, storm drains can be open or closed, but in this case I understand they had to excavate to recover the body? This would suggest that it was an underground drain of the type in the photo originally referred to.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Mon 12 Oct - 12:40

woodward wrote:I hope you sort it out Carly-they really are a bunch of tw@s arent they?

they sure are i dont know if i can do anymore but i deleted the links on my end a few quoted it so they will have too as well
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 12 Oct - 13:38

At the moment there is no access to the Fund-sites.

http://www.findaisling.co.nz/fund.html
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 12 Oct - 13:39

What will happen to the money already raised?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 13:41

Lilemor wrote:At the moment there is no access to the Fund-sites.

That link is working.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Mon 12 Oct - 13:50

AnnaEsse wrote:

That link is working.

It's almost like a business now. As soon as a child goes missing set up a fund!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon 12 Oct - 13:51

AnnaEsse wrote:

That link is working.

From their website :
About this cause:
Quick summary:
R.I.P. Little Angel xxx Monies raised will now go towards covering both the funeral costs and expenses incurred by the Symes during this difficult period.

More about Aisling Symes: Family Support & Funeral Expenses:
Our heartfelt thanks to you all - your love and support has been very much appreciated.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Empty Re: Missing 2 year old - Aisling Symes

Post  Colonel Fabien Mon 12 Oct - 14:02

arachnidae wrote:I still want to know what prompted the police to conduct further searches in this area, by all account the fire services didn't arrive until 6pm - very late in the day. This leads to me think that a significant peice of info must have come in.

Aisling's sister had been questioned a second time by the police and IMHO she just gave them information that lead to where they started searching.
Colonel Fabien
Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 14:04

Get em Goncalo wrote:
Christine wrote:From their website :
About this cause:
Quick summary:
R.I.P. Little Angel xxx Monies raised will now go towards covering both the funeral costs and expenses incurred by the Symes during this difficult period.

More about Aisling Symes: Family Support & Funeral Expenses:
Our heartfelt thanks to you all - your love and support has been very much appreciated.

I thought it hadn't been confirmed that the body was Aisling's yet? Seems they know otherwise.

I think they are possibly assuming it's Aisling. The latest I have read from the police is that gender had not been determined, which I imagine is to be expected when the body has probably been in the water for a week.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 12 Oct - 14:10

I would hope that any remaining funds would go to the families of another missing child.......after all they did send their support to the parents Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 Icon_flower
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 12 Oct - 14:29

Oh no, I've only just seen this Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 12 389741
Sleep tight little one xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Mon 12 Oct - 14:32

Autumn wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:crime scene

oh no

I know. It's so sad.

"The immediate area has been cordoned off and is being treated as a crime scene,'' a grim-faced Mr Davey said."

This is something which didn't happen at 5A. The Police didn't think it was a crime scene, as there was no evidence of a crime.

The NZ Police must have a pretty good idea what they're dealing with here.

Wantthe truth, I beg to differ - the police certainly should have cordoned off 5A and treated it as the scene of a crime pending further investigations. It didnt help, of course, that the McCanns invited as many people as possible to trample through the apartment prior to the arrival of the police. I think it was Kate herself who said immediately that she knew Kate must have been taken and not wandered off, if that was her belief she should have ensured that nothing was touched. The McCanns were obstructive with the police from the outset and hindered the early investigation as much as they could.

That's what I mean. The Police should have sealed it off but didn't. The first officers on the scene, by their own accounts, thought Madeleine had wandered off. The PJ were far too laid back in the very early stages and this led to vital evidence possibly being lost or destroyed.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 15:23

Autumn wrote:I gree, WTT, but your post implied that the reason the police failed to seal it off was because there was 'no evidence'. A young girl had disappeared and their parents were screaming 'abduction' from the outset - what more evidence did they need that apartment 5A was a potential crime scene???????

Any evidence that a crime had been committed? A child's bed looking undisturbed and an apartment that didn't look as if someone had broken in. The Symes' house from where Aisling disappeared was not sealed off from the outset because it didn't look like a crime scene: it was said that the child had wandered off. Similarly with Madeleine, the police thought she had probably woke and wandered. It is only now that a body has been found that the NZ house has been cordoned off. Where there is no evidence of a crime, why seal off a property?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next