Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Madeleine petitions - update

+9
fred
Annabel
Keela
4timesanan
littlepixie
MissGivings
Arguida
Christine
deborah
13 posters

Go down

Current Madeleine petitions - update Empty Current Madeleine petitions - update

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct - 22:09

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/please-re-open-madeleine-mccanns-case

Started 2 August 2009

Currently 1,377 signatures

Average of over 16 new signers per day

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/7/freedom-of-expression

Started 14 October 2009

Currently 101 signatures

Average of over 7 new signers per day

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE: Each of these petitions has a stated target of 5,000 signatures, which I understand is the minimum needed to ensure that the European Parliament formally considers the petitions.

To make it easy to circulate these petitions and maximise the number of signatures, when you sign them, you have an automatic facility to send information about them to 10 other e-mail addresses. You just type in 10 e-mail addresses of your choice, then the care-petitions site will automatically send a pre-programmed message about the petition to your 10 contacts

Last edited by Tony Bennett on Mon 26 Oct - 7:37; edited 29 times in total (Reason for editing : Add information about the care-petitions site)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Current Madeleine petitions - update Empty Re: Current Madeleine petitions - update

Post  Guest Sat 17 Oct - 22:10

Excellent news Tony!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Current Madeleine petitions - update Empty Re: Current Madeleine petitions - update

Post  deborah Sat 17 Oct - 22:56

BonnyBraes1 wrote:
Photon wrote:Excellent news Tony!

Carter Ruck will not like this one little bit. They will protest outside the forum office in the morning.
Your jaws could do with wiring Current Madeleine petitions - update 613255
deborah
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 875
Warning :
Current Madeleine petitions - update Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Current Madeleine petitions - update Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Sun 18 Oct - 0:03

sharonl wrote:Talking of petitions, please sign the petition for freedom of speech in the Madeleine McCann case

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/7/freedom-of-expression

I think that it may have upset a few McCann supporters though

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/4/stop-petitions-by-sharon-lawrence

I signed both, but not being an British resident, the 'freedom of expression' one may not be of great help.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :
Current Madeleine petitions - update Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Current Madeleine petitions - update Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Current Madeleine petitions - update Empty More signatures on the petitions

Post  Guest Thu 22 Oct - 17:56

The petitions (see OP) have now reached 1,360 and 90 signatures respectively.

I have updated the OP regularly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 22 Oct - 18:08

Will it do any good though, however many we sign? I thought that we might achieve something, but we all got the standard e-mail reply back from the other one. Still I will sign them and pass them on, we have to live in hope.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Arguida Fri 23 Oct - 5:55

I think it is high time someone started a petition about super injunctions and free speech. All super injunctions in effect in Britian should be reviewed by parliament to see if they unnecessarily quash free speech. New laws are needed or amendments to the libel laws to stop the madness.
Arguida
Arguida
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGivings Fri 23 Oct - 7:05

Did anyone watch Question Time last night?? The question near the end of the programme was about JanMoir's article and should it have been allowed to be printed?? Every one of them on the panel voiced their strongest concern, that although the article was disgusting, this country was a democracy, and the right to free speech, and newspapers to write and print their point of view was a fundemental right of any individual. They make me laugh!!!!!!!
MissGivings
MissGivings
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  littlepixie Fri 23 Oct - 9:40

I saw it MissGivings and thought exactly the same thing.
littlepixie
littlepixie
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 274
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Current Madeleine petitions - update Empty voting

Post  4timesanan Fri 23 Oct - 15:30

i am sorry for the little girl, but for me now i feel offended that the goverment won't allow me my choice to buy a book that i want to read about a crime investigation, whats so terrible about that... no votes from me, but why arent the other parties speaking out, i am sure they could attract votes with something like opening the case and rooting out corruption..curiouser and curiouser..
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 548
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 23 Oct - 16:10

I didn't see Question time last night but from what I have heard about Nick Griffin, he doesn't seem to be a man who is afraid to speak his mind. Maybe he is the person we should be approaching with a view to moving this circus onto a different level. Any views anyone?
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Current Madeleine petitions - update Empty Is the petition closed?

Post  Annabel Thu 4 Feb - 6:51

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Feb - 7:08

Morning Annabel

I think these petitions have time limits on them. I would have thought there would have been more signatures though.

There is a different one although I note it mentions Tony Bennett who I know causes a bit of contraversy on here although I personally dont know too much about him, but here goes http://www.thepetitionsite.com/7/freedom-of-expression
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Thu 4 Feb - 7:17

Current Madeleine petitions - update 306321 Thanks
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Feb - 8:39

Full Petition Text

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION
Target:5000
Sponsored by: Sharon Lawrence
We refer to the high profile case of Madeleine Mccann.

We have heard the Mccanns side of the story and its variations through the UK press and media many many times. There are thousands of people who question the validity of these press reports and would would like to hear the other side of the story, that being the version told by Goncalo Amaral, the investigating officer in the case, and the Policia Judiciari.

Goncalo Amaral`s side of the story is available in his book "The truth of a lie", and can also be viewed in his documentary where he claims to dis-prove the McCanns version of events.

We, as members of the public are entitled to hear from Mr Amaral, we are entitled to the facts of this case and we are entitled to draw our own conclusions from the evidence that stands.

We also want to hear from the Madeleine Foundation. We want access to the book "60 Reasons to suggest that there was no abduction" by Tony Bennett.

We are human beings with human rights, one of those rights being the freedom of expression.

We feel that the firm of lawyers namely Carter Ruck have overstepped the mark and taken away our rights as members of the public.

We therefore demand that:

Carter Ruck remove any injunction and refrain from creating any further injuctions against any person including Goncalo Amaral and the Madeleine Foundation, to speak out against the parents or anyone else connected with the Madeleine McCann case unless they can prove that anything that has been said is false, libelous or defamatory.

We want to hear from Goncalo Amaral in the United Kingdom.

We want the option to purchase the book "The truth of the lie".
Goncalo Amaral must be allowed to publish this book (which is based on the facts of the case as already published in the original police files), in the United Kingdom.

WE WANT THIS BOOK!!!

We want to see the Documentary of "The Truth of the Lie" by Goncalo Amaral in the United Kingdom.

We want the Madeleine Foundation website re-instated

We want the book "60 Reasons to suggest that there was no abduction" by Tony Bennett back on sale.

We want Carter Ruck to stop Gagging those who are seeking to find out what happened to a little 3 year old girl and let us get on the task that the British Government failed to do.

And looking at the list of signatures I see my name is on there - well I never signed it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 4 Feb - 9:04

Look at this silly comment on the petition! Why would he be looking for madeleine before she went missing?

[quote]
Oct 15, 2009, Derek SPRING, United Kingdom
i saw madeleine 4 days before she went missing even got her name,police here & in portugal do not want to know did i find madeleine i say yes still in portugal ,click on powerful psychic reading 2 stories did i find madeleine,i have been over there twice looking,was i right about the other 15 children derek spring 02476301146
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Feb - 11:03

[quote="fred"]Look at this silly comment on the petition! Why would he be looking for madeleine before she went missing?

i saw madeleine 4 days before she went missing even got her name,police here & in portugal do not want to know did i find madeleine i say yes still in portugal ,click on powerful psychic reading 2 stories did i find madeleine,i have been over there twice looking,was i right about the other 15 children derek spring 02476301146

Tried to find out about more about derek and found many of his comments on this link, warning dont read while eating and drinking Current Madeleine petitions - update 294124 http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/127292-family-of-madeleine-mccann-issue-christmas-appeal.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 4 Feb - 11:39

Loads off the negative replies from weeks ago have gone missing.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 4 Feb - 13:16

vengefulangel wrote:Morning Annabel

I think these petitions have time limits on them. I would have thought there would have been more signatures though.

This petition opened Aug 02 2009 and closed Feb 02 2010 so presumably had a 6 month lifespan and closed on the due date.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  anvi Fri 5 Feb - 0:52

[quote="vengefulangel"]
fred wrote:Look at this silly comment on the petition! Why would he be looking for madeleine before she went missing?

Tried to find out about more about derek and found many of his comments on this link, warning dont read while eating and drinking Current Madeleine petitions - update 294124 http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/127292-family-of-madeleine-mccann-issue-christmas-appeal.html

Clicked on the above link and found this:-
Writing on their Find Madeleine website, Kate and Gerry said: "There will be a spare place at the Christmas table again this year.

So unlike the many well-wishers who commented that they hoped Madeleine would be home for Christmas, the doctors McScam clearly weren't expecting her.!!
Now how would they know that I wonder?
anvi
anvi

Number of posts : 32
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  laci Fri 5 Feb - 1:30

I know this is not relevant to the topic but loads of twitters this evening if you search Mccann voting on poll what happened to Madeleine. its like a virus?
laci
laci
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 73
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  razzler Fri 12 Feb - 13:43

Hello all

Are there any petitions regarding opening the case with Independant Police authorities, I see there's been a few petitions about opening the case but
none that say it should be done via an independant team ie not the PJ or the British Police force?
razzler
razzler

Female
Number of posts : 4
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down