Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition

+14
xklamation
Christina
MissGivings
Alpine Aster
vivvy
laci
Heartsease
wjk
Christine
Lilemor
RIORITA
Claudia79
wantthetruth
Bebootje
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition Empty Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition

Post  Susan Sat 7 Nov - 13:20

Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition The_law_header

NÃO à Censura! NO to Censure! NON à la Censure! NO a la Censura!

Petition

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19

“Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.”

Charter of Fundamental Rights, Article 11

We, the Citizens in Defence of Rights and Freedoms – Project Justice Gonçalo Amaral, according to what is consecrated by Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, as well as by Article 11 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights, hereby declare our indignation over the attack that has been perpetrated against the right to freedom of expression for Citizen Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral, who saw censorship fall over not only a book, but also any expression, oral or in writing, of the thesis that he defends.

In effect, the recent decision to prohibit, more than the sale of a book, an entire reasoning that sustains it – a reasoning which has been expressed and sustained within the core of a criminal investigation process -, constitutes, in our opinion, a serious and worrying precedent.

This attack is aggravated by the fact that the thesis that is defended by Gonçalo Amaral rigorously reflects the facts of an investigation that is no longer under the Portuguese law of judicial secrecy, and has been made widely available to the public. Whether one agrees with its conclusions, or not, it is indefensible to forbid its reproduction and discussion.

Freedom of Expression, exercised with responsibility, is an inalienable right for any European Citizen, and we cannot accept, without protest, that this value is attacked.

We therefore petition the European Court of Human Rights, under Article 44 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, to protect the constitutional rights of Citizen Gonçalo Amaral, in a case of blatant disrespect for the universally consecrated right to Freedom of Expression.

===================================================================================

PJGA- Citizens in Defence of Rights and Freedoms – Project Justice Gonçalo Amaral

The International petition is still not up, it will be soon. At the moment the only petition working is for Portuguese citizens and foreigners who are resident in Portugal. The Portuguese petition has to be validated by and ID card number, called Bilhete de Identidade. Both petitions have the final objective of being send to the UN Court of Human Rights, the European Parliament, the EU Ombudsman, the Portuguese petition will also be sent, if we achieve the number of signatures required [5000], to the Portuguese Republic Assembly - our parliament.

There are already in place social sites where you can follow the project updates. At twitter
https://twitter.com/PJ_GA and on facebook https://apps.facebook.com/causes/392889?m=4d3902a5

You can follow the blog by subscribing to the rss feeds or you can follow via the google widget "followers" at the bottom of the site.

http://pjga.blogspot.com/

spread the word, thank you, muito obrigada.

Last edited by Ambersuz on Sat 14 Nov - 15:12; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To add comment by Xklamation)
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition Empty Re: Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition

Post  Lilemor Sat 7 Nov - 13:22

I assume G. Amaral is aware of those fundamental rights.

Why does he act on C. R. or the judge????

Last edited by Lilemor on Sat 7 Nov - 13:24; edited 1 time in total
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :
Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition Empty Re: Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition

Post  Bebootje Sat 7 Nov - 13:23

Bravo!! Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 307691 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 307691 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 307691 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 307691
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Sat 7 Nov - 13:26

Well, here we are now: European Court of Human Rights

A good idea, Ambersuz!!!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 7 Nov - 18:30

Done !!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Sat 7 Nov - 18:44

I think I must be stupid. How do you sign it?

I entered my email address into the 'follow' box on the right. I take it that doesn't mean I'm signed up to the petition but I want to be.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

OK I think I found it after the Portuguese language bit. Except I don't know what BI means to fill in the field. Is it for an address, or just country of origin? Sorry, but I don't speak Portuguese and have to google translate, which tells me nothing in this instance.
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Sat 7 Nov - 19:07

Many thanks Jeanne. I kind of figured it but it would be easier if the same links were under the English translation.

Thanks again and done. This is the kind of petition that should get things moving and people questioning the methods of TM. Methods which contradict human rights and general decency.
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Sat 7 Nov - 19:30

The same here obsessed. I'll wait till someone explains.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 7 Nov - 19:32

signed up and tweeted
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Sat 7 Nov - 19:38

Hi - I just wrote UK in that BI box, and it accepted it.
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Sat 7 Nov - 19:43

It only accepts numbers. I tried BE for Belgium, won't accept it.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Sat 7 Nov - 19:45

It accepted UK. Try Belgium instead.

I got an acceptance note up in Portuguese telling me I will be getting an email to confirm it and to send it to friends.

I haven't had the email yet though.

ETA: This was the note - it was still on my Google Translate page:

"Foi enviada uma mensagem para o email que informou para confirmar a sua assinatura na petição.

Ajude-nos a divulgar a Petição. Agradecemos que envie um email rápido aos seus amigos a informar da existência desta Petição online.

Obrigado."
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Sat 7 Nov - 19:58

No, can't do it. It wont't let me type in anything, except numbers.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 7 Nov - 20:02

BI means Identity Card. You have to type your identity Card Number. Maybe it only accepts Portuguese citizens.
Here, 'real' petitions have to be signed with people's real names and identity cards numbers.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Sat 7 Nov - 20:03

I've just signed. Took UK in box. Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 944533
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 7 Nov - 20:04

32 pessoas já subscreveram.

Come on people.....lets do something positive! Can all of you sign if in agreement which I'm sure you are!

Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 307691
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 7 Nov - 20:05

Claudia79 wrote:BI means Identity Card. You have to type your identity Card Number. Maybe it only accepts Portuguese citizens.
Here, 'real' petitions have to be signed with people's real names and identity cards numbers.

Well my ID card No is España cause it accepted it Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 294124
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Sat 7 Nov - 20:06

Thanks Claudia, it worked Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 25346
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Sat 7 Nov - 20:08

Christine wrote:No, can't do it. It wont't let me type in anything, except numbers.

Try to insert zeros instead. BI stands for our Identification Card Number. For foreigners, you may try inserting "0000000". Maybe it will work.
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Sat 7 Nov - 20:08

That's weird. I didn't know what the box meant until Jeanne posted above, but as I was born England and live here, I put UK.

It really would help if that link was also at the bottom of the English translation part, with explanatory notes at the side in English.

ETA : Well, in that case non-Portuguese can't sign if it is only with Identity numbers. Why did UK work then? Obviously, because I haven't got the email to confirm, they must've tossed it.

This is the kind of petition we all need - why isn't it open to all to sign? Pan-Europe?

Last edited by Christina on Sat 7 Nov - 20:13; edited 1 time in total
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Sat 7 Nov - 20:11

FSoares wrote:
Christine wrote:No, can't do it. It wont't let me type in anything, except numbers.

Try to insert zeros instead. BI stands for our Identification Card Number. For foreigners, you may try inserting "0000000". Maybe it will work.

I typed my card number,and it accepted Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 25346
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christina Sat 7 Nov - 20:15

I've just had a thought - maybe citizens from countries that do not have Identity Cards can type their country of origin? I'll wait and see if I get the email from them as it may be that.
Christina
Christina
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 7 Nov - 20:20

Oh Damn, I signed and put my date of birth Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324 Well it accepted it. Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 7 Nov - 20:40

Me too, Bren Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 294124
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 7 Nov - 20:51

@wjk I am glad I am not the only one Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324 Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral - petition 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next