Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral V McCann trial

+56
kitti
maebee
Dimsie
Lilemor
hobnob
jypsybear
jay2001
T4two
pipstar1
welshy
saloongirl
fred
Kazlux
Annabel
lynn
MJH1901
nanadebbie
sans_souci
wjk
krissie
Alfiefinn
deborah
Claudia79
keepingmum
duncanmac
fedrules
Carolina
louiseh
Keela
Eve
it's me again
Colonel Fabien
quickfingers
Judge Dread
macy
Alpine Aster
ali1966
weissnicht
fishie
Christine
curious george
Arguida
MilkyWay
stellarose
oversoon
Jem
Susan
RIORITA
snowflake
nostra
oliver
tanszi
steve1295
suzyone
frencheuropean
Justiceforallkids
60 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Empty Re: Amaral V McCann trial

Post  duncanmac Thu 10 Dec - 11:55

[quote="Beattie"]Everton Football Club still believe in the Fund. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 25346 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 25346

Thanks Beattie, not proud to say I am an Everton supporter.
See everything the Macs touch falls to pieces, Evertons new ground failed to get approval and plans have collapsed.
Wait, what is that I have just read in my local paper.
" Gordon Brown to get involved in failed ground plans"
Now where have we heard that before.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  MJH1901 Thu 10 Dec - 12:01

Hi Duncanmac - mind if I ask how you and your fellow Everton supporters perceived the t-shirt thing?
MJH1901
MJH1901
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 696
Location : Scouseland - You don't have to be gullible or corrupt to support the McCanns, but - no sorry that's wrong you DO.
Warning :
Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 10 Dec - 12:17

The Famous Grouse wrote:
Alfiefinn wrote:Agreed, TFG, my daughter was terrified that a man could actually get into our house, through the locked front door and take her from the bed, and all because of Gerry's fairy stories and his claims that it was like they were "dining at the bottom of our own garden".

Yet another nasty idea planted by them, and I know one fellow member here has had their child accosted on holiday by brainldead British tourists who thought she was Madeleine.

Yes Alfie, I know the poster you mean and I don't think she will ever get over it. Her holiday, that they worked hard all year for, was ruined bcase of it.

My daughter was pushed off a wall in Costa del Sol, by an effing Chav, she also had her face scratched when a different person (same holiday) pulled her Barbie sunglasses off her face and caught her cheek, all in the name of Madeleine and Mitchell and his merry men, telling tourists to look out and grab any child who looked like Madeleine, half the costas are full of light haired children, it makes me so angry that the Mccanns are still spouting the same propoganda, that she is still alive and findable (whatever the Hell findable means?)
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 10 Dec - 12:28

duncanmac wrote:[quote="Beattie"]Everton Football Club still believe in the Fund. Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 25346 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 25346

Thanks Beattie, not proud to say I am an Everton supporter.
See everything the Macs touch falls to pieces, Evertons new ground failed to get approval and plans have collapsed.
Wait, what is that I have just read in my local paper.
" Gordon Brown to get involved in failed ground plans"
Now where have we heard that before.

Sorry about that duncanmac......friends of mine in Rainhill support Everton and another friend in Norris Green
supports Liverpool........I don"t live there by the way but have visited many times. If I was on the Board of
Everton, no way would I let Gordon Brown near the Ground or accept his offer of help, he reminds me of Stan
Laurel "that"s another fine mess youv"e got us into.". Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 23324 Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Thu 10 Dec - 12:53

Comments being allowed on this. I've added mine but I doubt it'll be printed.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23782143-mccanns-fly-out-to-see-maddy-book-libel-trial.do

McCanns fly out to see Maddy book libel trial
Felix Allen
10.12.09 Kate and Gerry McCann were travelling to Portugal today for the start of a libel trial against a former policeman who was involved in the search for their daughter Madeleine.

In a book called The Truth Of The Lie, Goncalo Amaral claimed Madeleine was dead.

Mr McCann has said that the assertion harmed the search for his daughter.

Mr Amaral will go on trial in Lisbon tomorrow.

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said: "They only intend to appear at the opening and I would expect that they will return to the UK fairly swiftly."

In September, a Portuguese judge granted an injunction banning further sale or publication of the book. It also banned Mr Amaral, who was removed from the initial investigation, from repeating claims about Madeleine and her doctor parents.

After the injunction, Mr McCann said the false allegations would have dissuaded Portuguese people from coming forward.

He said: "There's a lot of people in Portugal, who might have evidence, who believe Madeleine is dead.

"If people believe that, they won't search for her and they won't come forward with information."

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on 3 May 2007.

Despite a massive police investigation and huge publicity worldwide, she has not been found.

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Mccann415
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Thu 10 Dec - 13:04

My comment got printed!
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Thu 10 Dec - 13:05

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/805715-libel-cop-launches-new-maddie-book-on-opening-day-of-trial

Martin Higgins - 10th December, 2009

Libel cop launches new Maddie book on opening day of trial
A spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann said today that the decision of a Portuguese policeman to launch a second book on the day a libel trial is to start concerning his first book on the case was 'regrettable'.

Madeleine McCann was nearly four when she disappeared.

Former policeman Goncalo Amaral launches a second book relating to the case, called A Mordaca Inglesa (The English Gag), in Lisbon tomorrow night.

"It's regrettable that Mr Amaral chooses to do this on the same day as the trial opening," said Clarence Mitchell.

"Most people would expect him to concentrate on the trial rather than launching any new book and the court will take its own view of his activities."

Madeleine McCann disappeared from her parents' holiday apartment in Praia de Luz, Portugal in May 2007,

Despite a massive police investigation and worldwide publicity campaign, has not been found.

In his book The Truth Of The Lie, Mr Amaral - who was involved in the initial investigation but later taken off the case - claimed Madeleine was dead and questioned the McCanns' account that she was taken while they were eating with friends.

A year-long campaign by the McCanns' lawyers to prevent the publication of the book and a subsequent DVD led to an injunction banning its further sale or publication being granted in September.

It also banned Mr Amaral from repeating his claims about Madeleine or her parents.

Mr Amaral says his new book has emerged from his indignation in the face of censorship.

Mr Mitchell added that the McCanns would attend the opening of the trial, but probably return to the UK 'fairly swiftly'.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 10 Dec - 13:14

Strange that there are no comments after the Mail article..obviously none they dare publish..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 10 Dec - 13:15

Hi fred, Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 306321

I agree with you about 'findable', I think as long as they say Madeleine's alive then 'fundable' is the more apt term Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 25346
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1482
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Thu 10 Dec - 13:26

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 306321

Let hope some truth comes out of all this when they go to court
Eve
Eve
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 225
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Thu 10 Dec - 13:42

Evening Standard comments have disappeared
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 10 Dec - 13:45

The whoosh clunker strikes again Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 294124
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Thu 10 Dec - 13:49

That didn't take long. 3 comments in all, two against the mccanns. I'll try another newspaper! Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 645452

ETA: They're back on there again

(HI Alfie!)
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 10 Dec - 13:49

Hi Fred. Because of the crap which has been spouted about M still being alive, many people have been traumatised by others thinking they have found the most "looked for" person in the world. Sadly we all "know" that she is dead. The parents won't admit this as it would lead to investigations which they could not allow.

I can imagine your anger about G being pushed off the wall etc. How they can even consider that she may be Maddy is beyond me. G is a very pretty little girl but she looks nothing like Maddy!!! For a start she is a lot taller than M would be ( even at 6 years old) and her hair is nothing like Maddy's would/could be like. Just goes to show that some people will see things that aren't there!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Thu 10 Dec - 14:37

My comment has been deleted. Obviously they don't want any on there supporting Amaral. Anyone care to have a go at posting a comment?
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfiefinn Thu 10 Dec - 14:53

saloongirl, I have attempted it - but whether they'll post it God only knows. It is a very mild, factual comment about it not being the libel trial, but a hearing. I also mentioned that his injuncted book used the police files. Pretty innocuous, I think!

It's been published, but how long it will last, I don't know.
Alfiefinn
Alfiefinn
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Thu 10 Dec - 15:12

Thanks Alfie

Have you seen what they have done?? They've edited the previous comment and removed the bit about the McCanns being negligent! It's a joke!
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 10 Dec - 15:14

The Mail says 10 comments have been made. However, none are available to be read which is very odd. What is perhaps significant, is that in the middle of the page, there is a reference to the recent case where a child, left alone briefly, drowned in her foster parent's pool...Cryptic message from the gagged UK media??
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral is to face Maddie McCanns parents in court

Post  louiseh Thu 10 Dec - 15:17

For the last year I have been posting comments to newspapers in Portugal and here and to date NONE of them have ever been published. I have never been over the top or nasty, just pointing out facts and giving my support to Sr Amaral. I know he knows there are lots of people like me doing the same, that's what censureship does. Incidently if you look at the McC supporters comments, altho they appear to come from lots of different people and places the style of writing is often the same which proves to me that there's only a handful but they are using throwaway emails. BUT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP WHAT I AM DOING. NOT 'hounding' the McC's , just asking for justice for one little girl and my freedom of speech Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Icon_flower
louiseh
louiseh
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 202
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 10 Dec - 15:25

I had one published just after the McCanns were named 'arguidos' on the Telegraph website. The theme of the article was if Portugal's treatment of the McCanns had put you off going on holiday there. I distinctly remember that the overwhelming majority were negative regarding the medical duo. I have posted comments to the Mail, perfectly polite and reasonable, but have never had one published. I am convinced that there are far more questioning comments received than the ones sent by those who fail to admit that Maddie may not have been abducted. But the UK's draconian libel laws mean the press cannot publish them.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Amaral V McCann trial - Page 15 Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral is to face Maddie McCanns parents in court

Post  Carolina Thu 10 Dec - 15:34

Clarence Mitchell: who are you to question what Gonçalo Amaral does on the day of the hearing of his witnesses? Quel culot, ce type!! Don't you have something better to do?
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 10 Dec - 15:44

[quote="MJH1901"]Hi Duncanmac - mind if I ask how you and your fellow Everton supporters perceived the t-shirt thing?[/quote]

MJH
The reaction to the t shirts was the same as the global viewpoint.
Those that wore them, were the people who only read the national tabloids, so know no different than believing the abduction b*******s
Those who failed either felt they were not telling the truth or staunch Amaral supporters like myself.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Thu 10 Dec - 15:50

MJH

We have to keep attempting to convert the newspaper readers
I have converted many when I have told them facts of the case that have never been made public.
One was not even aware of the 40+ unanswered questions.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 10 Dec - 15:51

Do you mind me asking who were in the majority ? Newspaper photos seemed to imply there were quite a few fans wearing them...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Thu 10 Dec - 16:00

duncanmac wrote:MJH

We have to keep attempting to convert the newspaper readers
I have converted many when I have told them facts of the case that have never been made public.
One was not even aware of the 40+ unanswered questions.

Duncanmac,
hello, do you think that now, in Portugal, during the hearing, facts of the case will become public?

I hope so!
It would be a great opportunity.
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next