Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life

+21
wjk
renoir
Susan
Alpine Aster
malena stool
welshy
lea
the one and only big_l
buildersbum
duncanmac
tanszi
nanadebbie
Lioned
Alfiefinn
Dimsie
Eve
dazedandconfused
RIORITA
tabs
keepingmum
snowflake
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Empty Re: Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life

Post  renoir Sun 31 Jan - 21:39

I am so sad to hear this news. I wish her strength to recover.
renoir
renoir
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 211
Warning :
Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-17

Back to top Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Empty Re: Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life

Post  wjk Sun 31 Jan - 21:54

Best Wishes Sara x
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 31 Jan - 23:11

So this is how the good are rewarded. There´s great hope for Kate and Gerry as they are the other side of the coin. Looks like the Devil is winning right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Empty Sarah's killer found with photos in his cell

Post  Guest Sun 21 Mar - 9:50

Sarah's Killer Found With Her Picture In Cell
9:41am UK, Sunday March 21, 2010
James Jordan, Sky News Online
The man convicted of murdering schoolgirl Sarah Payne was found with pictures of her in his cell, it has been revealed.

Roy Whiting, 51, had newspaper and magazine cuttings about the eight-year-old and other young girls in his cell at Wakefield Prison in West Yorkshire.
The disturbing discovery was made during a routine search and detailed in a prison report seen by the Sunday Mirror.
The newspaper quoted the 2009 report as saying: "It is of serious concern that the security information indicates hidden newspaper cuttings of Mr Whiting's victim and young girls were discovered during a cell search.
"It appears that his interest in young girls continues to be evident within the prison environment."
Sarah's mum Sara Payne, 40, told the News of the World: "I felt anger and dismay when told what he had been doing. This is extremely unfortunate and gives me the creeps.
"We live in an age where material like this is easily available and the Prison Service can only do its best to try and restrict it."
She added: "Collecting newspaper clippings is, I am sure, Roy Whiting and other paedophiles' way of trying to intimidate the families of their victims."

Sarah vanished while out playing
Sarah vanished while playing with her brothers and sister in a field near her grandparents' house in Littlehampton, West Sussex.
Search teams looked for 16 days before her body was found 12 miles away.
After Whiting was convicted, it emerged that he had kidnapped and sexually assaulted a nine-year-old girl five years earlier.
A Prison Service spokeswoman said: "We don't comment on individual cases.
"Where inappropriate materials are found in prisoners' cells they are immediately removed and the prisoner may be subject to disciplinary proceedings."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 21 Mar - 9:53

Truly sickening and distressing for Sarah's family.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Mar - 10:09

AnnaEsse wrote:Truly sickening and distressing for Sarah's family.

It is, so why has the paper published all the gory details. They could just have said that he was found with pictures of young girls in his cell. They didn't have to specify that one of them was Sarah.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Mar - 10:10

I thought the same thing but not in those words Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 477442
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Mar - 10:12

The Famous Grouse wrote:

It is, so why has the paper published all the gory details. They could just have said that he was found with pictures of young girls in his cell. They didn't have to specify that one of them was Sarah.

It sells more papers if it has all the gory details.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Indigo Sun 21 Mar - 10:18

I am lost for words.
Indigo
Indigo
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Mar - 10:20

Antoinette wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:

Exactly. That editor has no sense of decency or humanity. Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 157799
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Mar - 10:23

The Famous Grouse wrote:
Antoinette wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:

Exactly. That editor has no sense of decency or humanity. Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 157799

The story I posted here is from Sky news but I'd say it's all over the papers too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Mar - 10:26

Oh well, Sky, that explains a lot. Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 157799
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sara Payne - child campaigner - battles for life - Page 3 Empty Sarah Payne Murderer's Jail Term Reduced

Post  Guest Fri 11 Jun - 0:55

1:35pm UK, Wednesday June 09, 2010

Emma Rowley, Sky News Online

The paedophile who murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne has had his minimum jail term reduced to 40 years.

Roy Whiting was jailed for life in 2001

High Court judge Mr Justice Simon cut the 50-year term set by former Home Secretary David Blunkett, following a legal challenge by killer Roy Whiting.

Whiting, now 51, was jailed for life in 2001 for the kidnap and murder of eight-year-old Sarah, from West Sussex.

Mr Justice Simon, sitting in London, told a packed courtroom he had concluded that the "appropriate" period Whiting must spend behind bars before he can apply for parole was 40 years.

He stressed Whiting's sentence remained one of imprisonment for life and that he would be detained "unless and until the Parole Board is satisfied that he no longer presents a risk to the public".

Sarah was kidnapped and murdered by Whiting

Mr Justice Simon added: "I invite everyone present in court, before we go about our daily business, to pause and for a moment remember Sarah Payne, who would now be 18 if she had not been murdered, and reflect the grave loss her death has caused to her family and others who loved her."

Mr Blunkett's decision had meant Whiting would not be considered for release until he was 93; the reviewed term means he will not be considered until he is 83.

Since the original term was laid out, the law has changed so that tariffs are now set by judges, enabling lifers who were notified of their minimum term by a Home Secretary to apply to the High Court for a review.

The child's mother, Sara Payne, was in court to hear the ruling in Whiting's case.

Speaking after the hearing, she said: "The family is clearly disappointed that the tariff has been reduced, but he will be well into his 80s before he is eligible, so it's not a terrible, terrible thing, and could have been a lot worse, so we carry on as before.

"The family obviously doesn't get a parole date. There's no end to this. This is our life from now on.

"The man is a danger to children and will remain so as long as he lives and breathes."

Sara Payne, mother of murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne

Her daughter was snatched by Whiting on July 1 2000, near the home of her grandparents in West Sussex.

After a huge search, Sarah's body was discovered in a field 16 days later off the A29 at Pulborough.

Since the murder, Mrs Payne has campaigned tirelessly for victims' rights and for a change in the law to publicise where sex offenders live.

Mrs Payne, who was critically ill last year and underwent brain surgery, said earlier she was now "okay" but that she had now "not got" a left side of her body.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 11 Jun - 8:42

Roy Whiting should have been put down, like the viscious subhuman he is, 10 years knocked off his sentence why??
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 11 Jun - 14:42

I felt physically sick when i saw the pic in the paper off whiting and thought that THAT was the last face she would off seen before she died.

I want to kill the bastard.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 11 Jun - 14:46

kitti wrote:I felt physically sick when i saw the pic in the paper off whiting and thought that THAT was the last face she would off seen before she died.

I want to kill the bastard.

Me too Kitti!!! Actually I think looking at that perverted bastards face would have been the last of poor little Sarahs worries.
It makes me so cross when I hear Gerry say, Madeleine has probably been abducted by a paedophile, then in his next breath say, there is no evidence that she has come to any harm!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3