Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10

+39
kitti
T4two
tanszi
oliver
hobnob
quickfingers
contrary
hollie4
Susan
the one and only big_l
AnnaEsse
Alpine Aster
deborah
Simon K
fedrules
margaret
DGSx
welshy
halfamo
ann_chovey
Annabel
FSoares
blossom45
tabs
roseland69
ali1966
Roasted Arizona
comperedna
LJC
fred
dazedandconfused
Justiceforallkids
frankie stein
devonmum
keepingmum
Christine
Bebootje
buildersbum
squeaker
43 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 18:01

Thankyou very much hobnob for posting this, it's very informative and interesting. xx
With all my very best wishes from Rose xxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 13 Jan - 18:04

Thanks Beattie, i should have thought of that.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 18:09

Harvesmom wrote:I dont belliieevve it! He's done it again. Half 5 and he legs it.

He has probably gone to ask advice from Clarence and Carter, if the Hearing closes tomorrow it"s a bit late to alter their strategy. If the Hearing lifts the injunct it"s not only Freedom of Speech which has been re-instated,
it"s a tacit judgment that the McCanns version of events is flawed. Therefore, I think the Trial will be cancelled on the grounds that the McCanns have to save every penny they have to keep searching for Madeleine because
the Hearing seriously damaged the number of donations received.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 13 Jan - 18:26

Beattie wrote:
Harvesmom wrote:I dont belliieevve it! He's done it again. Half 5 and he legs it.

He has probably gone to ask advice from Clarence and Carter, if the Hearing closes tomorrow it"s a bit late to alter their strategy. If the Hearing lifts the injunct it"s not only Freedom of Speech which has been re-instated,
it"s a tacit judgment that the McCanns version of events is flawed. Therefore, I think the Trial will be cancelled on the grounds that the McCanns have to save every penny they have to keep searching for Madeleine because
the Hearing seriously damaged the number of donations received.

If they lose this one they still have the Portuguese police and the Portuguese judiciary to sue as well as each individual Amaral witness. Perhaps they'll sue their Portuguese lawyers or even Clarry for not lying well enough? Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 23324
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 18:56

T4two wrote:If they lose this one they still have the Portuguese police and the Portuguese judiciary to sue as well as each individual Amaral witness.

If they lose this one, hopefully the publisher will be suing them for loss of sales of the book.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 19:01

T4two
I just watched Martin Brunt reporting on Sky News, he is very muted about the McCanns and I just wonder what the Press will make of Gerry doing a whoosh clunk from Portugal. He keeps saying no one is looking for Madeleiene, so the LP are not doing anything despite saying it is an ongoing investigation.? The McCanns had
their chance to ask for the case to be repoened but did nothing.

I don"t think they ought to brag that they are the only ones searching for Madeleine after giving away £300,000 to Halligen. Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 25346 Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 19:55

Beattie wrote:...the Press will make of Gerry doing a whoosh clunk from Portugal.

rat and ship spring to mind here. Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 13 Jan - 19:59

quickfingers wrote:I'm sure it will have been recorded somewhere by the officer taking the call. How does Gerry know anyway as he was away when Kate made the call wasn't he?

I DO REMEMBER VAGUELY THAT KATE MCCANN RANG SOMEONE IN TEARS BUT WHEN GERRY FOUND OUT HE CHANGED HER MIND...CAN ANYONE REMEMBER THAT PHONE CALL?

IS THERE ANYTHING IN THE FILES ABOUT THIS SO CALLED DREAM?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 21:11

Marky wrote:
Beattie wrote:...the Press will make of Gerry doing a whoosh clunk from Portugal.

rat and ship spring to mind here. Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 25346

I joined Wordpress ages ago, never posted on there but all of a sudden today I"m getting e-mails on the Hearing. One of the posts says there is a new spokesperson for the McCanns, a lady named Claudia, anyone know anything about this?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 13 Jan - 21:15

I read a lot of articles online yesterday. And one said family spokesperson Claudia something might have began with F or P. I thought it sounded like a Portuguese name. So I assumed they just had got a Portuguese speaking spokesperson rather than a pink speaking one. Joke!!
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 13 Jan - 21:27

Found the article in the mail. Claudia Nogueira.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 21:30

MaryB wrote:I read a lot of articles online yesterday. And one said family spokesperson Claudia something might have began with F or P. I thought it sounded like a Portuguese name. So I assumed they just had got a Portuguese speaking spokesperson rather than a pink speaking one. Joke!!

Lift Consulting are the Portugese PR and maybe it was Claudia, but she would hardly be a family spokesperson.
Clarence must be in hiding, he hasn"t made any announcements for a while.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 13 Jan - 21:32

Beattie wrote:
MaryB wrote:I read a lot of articles online yesterday. And one said family spokesperson Claudia something might have began with F or P. I thought it sounded like a Portuguese name. So I assumed they just had got a Portuguese speaking spokesperson rather than a pink speaking one. Joke!!

Lift Consulting are the Portugese PR and maybe it was Claudia, but she would hardly be a family spokesperson.
Clarence must be in hiding, he hasn"t made any announcements for a while.

maryB, just noticed your post, the name does sound Portugese, well spotted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pipstar1 Thu 14 Jan - 0:21

Just been reading the thread "On news from the hearing in Lisbon" and Lilemor mentions the fact that in the trial today it was established that the book was ready to be published in the last week in July 2008. I understand that the process was archived on 21/7/08 and was made available to the public in the fist week of August 2008. Is there something in this that Gerry has gone to check with Carter Ruck, is this a technicality that can be used to dynamite the trial? I hope not. I can't remember the publication date of the book.
pipstar1
pipstar1

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu 14 Jan - 0:32

kitti wrote:
quickfingers wrote:I'm sure it will have been recorded somewhere by the officer taking the call. How does Gerry know anyway as he was away when Kate made the call wasn't he?

I DO REMEMBER VAGUELY THAT KATE MCCANN RANG SOMEONE IN TEARS BUT WHEN GERRY FOUND OUT HE CHANGED HER MIND...CAN ANYONE REMEMBER THAT PHONE CALL?

IS THERE ANYTHING IN THE FILES ABOUT THIS SO CALLED DREAM?

I think both Gerry and Kate are shell-shocked at what has been exposed in this case already as they simply thought all along that Amaral would be a walkover.

At last the McCanns have realised that in two days their lies have been exposed to the world. Have some of their loyal family members and friends started to become suspicious of them? Or can Gerry keep getting away with defaming the PJ and have everyone believe him? The media seems to be his biggest ally but how long will that last now? Is the game up or can he save it?

They are both in a dilemma for different reasons - and it is not just one.

Gerry needs to race back to the UK for various meetings to gauge the reactions of those who have protected them thus far and get advice. Proceed or not? He has probably realised that they will possibly lose this libel battle and could be facing arrest in the not too distant future.

If Gerry has been protected by individuals or groups, he would need to meet with his protectors and sort out whether they can come to his rescue in any way.

Government? Lawyers? Tapas7? Freemasons? Family?

Gerry would be wondering what the staff at the hospital know and think. What about his patients? Does he still work full or part-time?

Does Gerry need more witnesses? Leicestershire Police? FSS? Gamble? Telecommunications expert?

Clarence Mitchell and Brian Kennedy would be first on his list of people to meet up with. My guess he might have flown to London first - even to see Gordon Brown.

Gerry may or may not return to Lisbon depending on the advice he is given. He could even disappear! Fund fraud was mentioned so I guess he might have to look into that. He is due to speak at the CEOP Conference soon. Will he still do that?

Another issue that might be addressed in Lisbon is the Gaspar statements so he might have to speak with Payne about that.

Gerry will either return to Lisbon sure of winning this libel case or he will do a runner.

As for Kate, she has always looked like an abused woman to me with mental health problems addicted to money and celebrity. These could be two sides to her - a tough exterior and an inner soul which is tormented.

Is she covering up for Gerry?
Or is he covering up for her?
Or are they both covering up for David Payne or someone else known to them?

I have often thought that Gerry (possibly with Payne's knowledge) planned Maddie's demise and Kate was complicit. So IMO she has been covering up for him in order to protect the twins. She loves the attention and celebrity she has received and the money. Lying has become a habit. If and when she realises that the time has come when she will no longer receive that attention and money, and family and friends become suspicious of them, she could crack. This current case is likely to exert that sort of pressure on her. Kate has always been concerned about what her parents think of her. If they have become informed about what has been exposed this week in court, her parents could become suspicious. Perhaps Gerry has decided that he needs to repair the damage with some of his own spin.

As far as her nightmare/dream is concerned, I remember reading that Amaral (perhaps in his book) claimed that she phoned them and was about to "confess" back in July 2007. Paiva was not mentioned. Perhaps kazlux told us about this. But there must have been two things she phoned about - the dream and the idea of drug testing the twins.

If Gerry was in the USA, she might have been more vulnerable. He cancelled the twins' drug test but it appears that she might not have told him that she told the PJ about the dream. If he found out only yesterday, that could have led to an argument.

If he has been protecting her, he might have told her to handle the libel case herself as she was a "stupid woman". He had more important things to do as now they could lose their libel case, etc.

If this is the case, Kate could break down in the witness box as she would not have Gerry's strength. Once she knows that everyone around her is suspicious of her, she may end up confessing but while she thinks she can get away with it, she will.

However, if she has been protecting him or somebody like Payne, and the pressure is on her now that she is alone in Lisbon and all these things have been exposed, she might spill the beans just like she almost subconsciously did to Paiva.

Is Sargento going to be a witness? I would love to see him interview Kate. He might be the one to get the truth out of her.

The tapas7 might also be feeling a little anxious at the moment, so one of them could come forward.

But unless Carter-Ruck can rescue them in some way by making this case closed to the media, or they abandon it now, they are at risk of all the secrets that they did not want people to know being exposed even if they win the case against Amaral. But IMO the damage has been done already. I would the case to be re-opened and would like to see them in a court as soon as possible.

This week they have gone one step too far. Gerry knows it but Kate has not realised it yet perhaps as she is so accustomed to him rescuing her.
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  4timesanan Thu 14 Jan - 0:41

pipstar
it seems like gerrymac left court after hearing the publishers say that the book was ready to be published july 2008...just a guess that may be why he ran back to uk
on another subject,, i used to read 2 library books a week, now i got insomnia and i'm reading here instead.. Sky Live Day 2 - 13/01/10 - Page 14 25346
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 548
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  pipstar1 Thu 14 Jan - 0:51

Thanks for reply. Addictive reading here at the moment! Just been irritated by the mirror article for tomorrow about Amaral's outburst F***the Mc C's, absolute slander......Must go to bed now, nearly 1....
pipstar1
pipstar1

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  4timesanan Thu 14 Jan - 0:55

pipstar..i wonder if theres a conection to the the the uk cops releasing this.. goodnight to you

Published: Today to
BRITISH cops have thousands of pieces of evidence relating to Madeleine McCann's disappearance which may never be made public, it emerged yesterday.

Details about the number of sightings, bugged emails and calls, tip-offs and correspondence with ministers will not be released until her kidnapper is caught.

Leicestershire Police's files also include a dossier on parents Kate and Gerry, both 41, of Rothley, and their families.

The force led the UK inquiry - Operation Task - after Maddie vanished aged three in Portugal in May 2007.

Yesterday it said: "Consideration may be given to releasing certain material, which would not reveal police tactics, when the people involved are brought to justice."
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 1:02

Can anyone help me here, Does anyone who saw Gerry the second time remember if the video contained reference to the dream being a lie as the vid on sky does not have it and the twitter page contained on the news article page seems to have it one minute and then its not there the next.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 1:18

From today's Sky Live feed:

5:07

Twitter
jondipaolo:
"I hope that everyone remembers that there is a little girl missing that still has to be found," Mr McCann continued.
Wednesday January 13, 2010 5:07 jondipaolo
5:04

Twitter
jondipaolo:
He also rejected the testimony yesterday that Kate had had a dream about Madeleine lying buried somewhere, saying "that never happened"..
Wednesday January 13, 2010 5:04 jondipaolo

5:04

Twitter
jondipaolo:
"We made a mistake by leaving Madeleine alone in the apartment, and we have to live with that. We can't change it," Mr McCann said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  4timesanan Thu 14 Jan - 1:25

News regarding hearing in Lisbon by lillemore..photon what does this post mean..something about secrecy laws...
4timesanan
4timesanan
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 1:51

4timesanan wrote:News regarding hearing in Lisbon by lillemore..photon what does this post mean..something about secrecy laws...

News that the case was being archived was 'leaked' on 21st July - but the McCanns lawyers weren't formally notified about it until 28th July. I think there is a suggestion that as the publisher's witnesses today said that the book had been completed by 24th July - then technically Amaral may have breached the secrecy laws surrounding an ongoing investigation, as technically the investigation wasn't archived until the notification was published on 28th July. That's my understanding - it may be wrong!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 14 Jan - 8:44

How come everyone else lies except the McCanns? If I was Paiva I would sue Gerry for calling him a liar.

The McCanns are reeling from all this information coming out and the fact that an abduction has been
rejected once and for all. I honestly can"t see them taking the Witness stand.
It"s also noticeable that Fiona Payne is apparently going to Portugal to be with Kate and not her Parents .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14