Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral Defence Fund

+18
kitti
fred
Carolina
wjk
dutchclogs
Arsenal666
buildersbum
xklamation
renoir
Dimsie
zodiac
RIORITA
duncanmac
margaret
tabs
Alpine Aster
vivvy
Angelina
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Amaral Defence Fund Empty Amaral Defence Fund

Post  sans_souci Thu 28 Jan - 14:01

With the next phase of the appeal coming up, have there been any updates on this? How much raised, and whether it is sufficient.

At the outset, it was declared that this would be conducted in a spirit of openness and transparency. But so far, this seems to have been honoured in the breach, with one brief update weeks ago.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
Amaral Defence Fund Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Amaral Defence Fund Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Amaral Defence Fund Empty Re: Amaral Defence Fund

Post  Carolina Thu 28 Jan - 14:09

By the way, Sans-souci, you have been very quiet since just before the hearings started on the book ban. Expected some kind of reaction to the 3 days of hearings in Lisbon from you. I would be interested in hearing what you have to say.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :
Amaral Defence Fund Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral Defence Fund Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Thu 28 Jan - 14:30

Carolina wrote:By the way, Sans-souci, you have been very quiet since just before the hearings started on the book ban. Expected some kind of reaction to the 3 days of hearings in Lisbon from you. I would be interested in hearing what you have to say.

Bit off topic.

But not much to say really. In my view Amarals witnesses didn't do him any favours, but it is in the hands of the judge now and we will have to see what her verdict is sometime after the 10th.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :
Amaral Defence Fund Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Amaral Defence Fund Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  vivvy Thu 28 Jan - 15:28

sans_souci wrote:
Carolina wrote:By the way, Sans-souci, you have been very quiet since just before the hearings started on the book ban. Expected some kind of reaction to the 3 days of hearings in Lisbon from you. I would be interested in hearing what you have to say.

Bit off topic.

But not much to say really. In my view Amarals witnesses didn't do him any favours, but it is in the hands of the judge now and we will have to see what her verdict is sometime after the 10th.

'Amarals witnesses didn't do him any favours'?!! They agreed with him that Maddie was probably dead and her parents implicated!
vivvy
vivvy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 203
Warning :
Amaral Defence Fund Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral Defence Fund Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Thu 28 Jan - 15:50

vivvy wrote:
sans_souci wrote:

Bit off topic.

'Amarals witnesses didn't do him any favours'?!! They agreed with him that Maddie was probably dead and her parents implicated!

Wasn't it more a case of they didn't do the McCanns any favours?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 28 Jan - 15:58

sans_souci wrote:

Bit off topic.

Are you sure you were in the right courtroom? Nothing like denying reality.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  vivvy Thu 28 Jan - 16:02

Absolutely! The witnesses didn't do the Mccanns any favours at all yet their supporters say just the opposite. Denying reality indeed..
vivvy
vivvy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 28 Jan - 16:26

To get back on topic, Sans-souci, I suggest that you ask your question on the Maddie Case Files, where someone would be able to answer.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 28 Jan - 16:48

sans_souci wrote:With the next phase of the appeal coming up, have there been any updates on this? How much raised, and whether it is sufficient.

At the outset, it was declared that this would be conducted in a spirit of openness and transparency. But so far, this seems to have been honoured in the breach, with one brief update weeks ago.

I dont see a problem if Amaral supporters want to support him with financial help or should we all abandon him just because he's the only one with balls to speak out?

When the McCanns are honest about how they've spent the money I'm sure Amaral will feel he owes the scams fanclub an answer to your question.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Thu 28 Jan - 17:01

I also do not see the problem. I have given to the fund and
would gladly give more if required. Amaral Defence Fund 25346
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Thu 28 Jan - 17:42

Mystycal wrote:
sans_souci wrote:With the next phase of the appeal coming up, have there been any updates on this? How much raised, and whether it is sufficient.

I dont see a problem if Amaral supporters want to support him with financial help or should we all abandon him just because he's the only one with balls to speak out?

When the McCanns are honest about how they've spent the money I'm sure Amaral will feel he owes the scams fanclub an answer to your question.

Where have I suggested that he be abandoned. As a contributor to the fund I would just like an update. Which, despite requests, has not been forthcoming. The last information was some weeks ago and that approx 3000 euros had been raised.

It was said that this fund would be open and above board. As things stand, that does not seem to be the case. Some posters have been very critical of the handling of the Find Madeleine fund. This one seems to be as bad.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Thu 28 Jan - 18:28

RIORITA wrote:I also do not see the problem. I have given to the fund and
would gladly give more if required. Amaral Defence Fund 25346

Me too.
Now let's see perhaps we should ask about the McCann's Fund and where all that money has gone!.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Thu 28 Jan - 18:44

it's a valid question sans

as it would also be for anyone that donated to the maddy fund

tell me if it emerges that Mr Amaral has spent 37,000 euros on a website would you consider that a valid expense and a good use of your donated money?
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 28 Jan - 20:28

I am assuming that GA was granted legal aid as it was reported during the last Hearing that Ms Duarte had made a an official complaint to the police about Mr Amaral, alleging that he has abused the legal aid system!

Whilst I did contribute to the fund I am happy to have done so regardless of how the money is actually spent, call it compensation for the only man who has the guts to stand up for what he believes in and against a couple who are attempting to take everything from him to satisfy their own lust for money.

That being said it would be nice to know how he stands financially and more importantly whether a lack of finances is going to hinder his ongoing legal battle for justice for Madeleine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 28 Jan - 20:56

Is there really a fund for Amaral? I never knew that it wasn't well publicised.

He should have got Clarrie to advertise it for him - l could have sent him some money in a brown envelope.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 29 Jan - 10:12

margaret wrote:Is there really a fund for Amaral? I never knew that it wasn't well publicised.

He should have got Clarrie to advertise it for him - l could have sent him some money in a brown envelope.

http://pjga.blogspot.com/2009/11/press-release-defence-fund.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Fri 29 Jan - 10:17

Well I contributed and am more than confident the great man will not have used it to pay his mortgage.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Fri 29 Jan - 15:44

tabs wrote:it's a valid question sans

tell me if it emerges that Mr Amaral has spent 37,000 euros on a website would you consider that a valid expense and a good use of your donated money?

I would be very surprised if Amaral spent anything on a website - flash cars seem to be more his thing. And as it unlikely that much more than 3000 euros will have been raised, unlikely.

More to the point - when the "fund" was launched complete transparency and frequent progress reports were promised. These do not seem to have been realised in practice. Inhabitants of glasshouses, etc.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 29 Jan - 15:56

sans_souci wrote:As a contributor to the fund I would just like an update. Which, despite requests, has not been forthcoming.

you contributed? why? Amaral Defence Fund 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Fri 29 Jan - 16:00

]quote="Marky"]
sans_souci wrote:As a contributor to the fund I would just like an update. Which, despite requests, has not been forthcoming.

[/quote]

Cos He/She is part of team McCann.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Fri 29 Jan - 16:13

Marky wrote:

For the same reason that many others contributed, I would imagine. Althought I disagree with Amaral on practically every level, I believe that court is the place to thrash out the issues surrounding his book It would be unjust for him to be denied his opportunity to appeal the injunction and defend his right to publish his book against libel actions, on financial grounds. I was therefore happy to contribute to the fund, and would probably do so again if there were a demonstrable need.

It is interesting that, having been critical of the McCanns with regard to the find Madeleine fund, the organisers of this one seem to be very reticent to provide any information to contributors.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 29 Jan - 16:18

sans_souci wrote:
tabs wrote:it's a valid question sans

I would be very surprised if Amaral spent anything on a website - flash cars seem to be more his thing. And as it unlikely that much more than 3000 euros will have been raised, unlikely.

More to the point - when the "fund" was launched complete transparency and frequent progress reports were promised. These do not seem to have been realised in practice. Inhabitants of glasshouses, etc.
Oh dear some more interesting comments which are empty of any proof. Link up or stop the insinuations. Thank you
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 29 Jan - 16:18

duncanmac wrote:
Marky wrote:

Cos He/She is part of team McCann.

and to what end would that be? Amaral Defence Fund 25346

Last edited by Marky on Fri 29 Jan - 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 29 Jan - 16:20

sans_souci wrote:
Marky wrote:

For the same reason that many others contributed, I would imagine. Althought I disagree with Amaral on practically every level, I believe that court is the place to thrash out the issues surrounding his book It would be unjust for him to be denied his opportunity to appeal the injunction and defend his right to publish his book against libel actions, on financial grounds. I was therefore happy to contribute to the fund, and would probably do so again if there were a demonstrable need.

It is interesting that, having been critical of the McCanns with regard to the find Madeleine fund, the organisers of this one seem to be very reticent to provide any information to contributors.

ok. thanks for the reply. Amaral Defence Fund 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 29 Jan - 16:36

sans_souci wrote:
Marky wrote:

Have you tried to contact the persons in charge of Amaral’s fund?
I would start there and then come here if the answer is not to your satisfaction.
You’re looking for answers in the wrong place, unless of course, you’re not looking for answers at all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next