Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th February in court

+22
Dimsie
fred
dumouchelwolf
Alfiefinn
jay2001
MaryB
tanszi
AnnaEsse
the one and only big_l
RIORITA
zodiac
ann_chovey
Lizzy11268
MJH1901
quickfingers
jinvta
welshy
oliver
lynn
buildersbum
Arsenal666
Faithlilly
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

10th February in court Empty 10th February in court

Post  MaryB Sat 30 Jan - 15:08

It's not long now till February 10th. What's happening then. Is it two more witnesses for Mr Amaral and who are the witnesses for the McCanns. Does anyone know. And will the McCanns be going to Portugal again for this. Or don't we know yet. I know the judge will take a few weeks to make a decision. I wonder if Sky will be doing the reporting word by word. Or not.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
10th February in court Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10010th February in court Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

10th February in court Empty Re: 10th February in court

Post  jay2001 Sat 30 Jan - 18:35

As their last trip was such a PR disaster I have doubts that they will go. Whether they do or not I really hope the case gets proper coverage. At least by Fiona Govan of the Telegraph, as she reported the facts last time and as far as I know didn't do a 'clarified' U turn like the Mail.

Unless Gezza's Anger Management Class has worked, he might be advised to stay at home. But his preening on arrival at Lisbon airport will possibly ensure he goes again. What a celebrity entrance - he positively purrs as he looks over to the cameras.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
10th February in court Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 10010th February in court Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 30 Jan - 18:48

jay2001 wrote:As their last trip was such a PR disaster I have doubts that they will go. Whether they do or not I really hope the case gets proper coverage. At least by Fiona Govan of the Telegraph, as she reported the facts last time and as far as I know didn't do a 'clarified' U turn like the Mail.

Unless Gezza's Anger Management Class has worked, he might be advised to stay at home. But his preening on arrival at Lisbon airport will possibly ensure he goes again. What a celebrity entrance - he positively purrs as he looks over to the cameras.

He appears to certainly love the publicity. And that photo on the event night. His 'I'm the King of the castle' look I thought! I also hope the case gets a good coverage whether they are there or not. And a bit less of the disgraced cop and a bit more of reporting the facts would be a good thing.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 30 Jan - 18:53

As has already been stated several times, the McCanns have NO witnesses. All their witnesses already gave their statements when the temporary injunction was granted in September. These hearings are only for the witnesses called by Gonçalo Amaral, TVI, the publisher of the book and the producer of the video in opposition to the injunction.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 30 Jan - 19:01

I can't wait to see the outcome of the court case, I really don't think there is a way they can brush this under the carpet, mind you I've thought that about a lot of the things since Maddie went missing. Everything crossed there are more and more exposures and they are seen in the true light.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 30 Jan - 19:20

Even if they get the injunction this court case hasn't been a good thing for them. And it seems that they think if they get the injunction then the £1.2 million is more or less in the bag. But I'm not sure if I agree with that.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sat 30 Jan - 19:41

Any Pro or Anti Mccann know that this court case is a joke, if anyone has harmed the search for Maddy its the Mccanns themselves, surely the Judge will also know this also, if Team Mccann win and this Portuguese Judge stands by and let this happen then I honestly will believe that the Mcs are home and dry, because if Portugual can't stand up to them with the Law on its side than no one can.
The only saving grace is that the Judge dosen't award them any money, now that would be good, because they will have not got any financial gain out of it, which would upset Team Mccann greatly, because money comes befor anything else in this sad case imo
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sat 30 Jan - 19:59

Completely agree Buildersbum. If the judge finds completely in favour of the McCanns it will be a gross miscarriage of justice. But I was totally gobsmacked when the case was shelved with all the discrepancies in the statements, the unanswered questions and no reconstruction. Plus the fact that they were allowed to leave before being questioned again. So in a way nothing in this case would surprise me anymore.

I've tried to consider whether they were totally innocent, but just cannot reconcile their bizarre behaviour and the comments they make. And the fund? Why do they keep begging for money? I know the legal fees must be astronomical, but they went down the sue everyone in sight who questions the abduction story.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Faithlilly Sat 30 Jan - 20:28

buildersbum wrote:Any Pro or Anti Mccann know that this court case is a joke, if anyone has harmed the search for Maddy its the Mccanns themselves, surely the Judge will also know this also, if Team Mccann win and this Portuguese Judge stands by and let this happen then I honestly will believe that the Mcs are home and dry, because if Portugual can't stand up to them with the Law on its side than no one can.
The only saving grace is that the Judge dosen't award them any money, now that would be good, because they will have not got any financial gain out of it, which would upset Team Mccann greatly, because money comes befor anything else in this sad case imo

TM requesting the injunction in the first place clearly harmed the search for Madeleine far more than Senhor Amaral's book possibly could. Spending tens of thousands of pounds on lawyers is reducing the money that is available to look for their child. There is simply no getting round that fact.

TM may make the argument that if people read in Amaral's book that Madeleine is dead they may stop looking for her. I however know of no one who, if they had information that could help the child, would not come forward whether they had read the book or not. Depleting the fund of the money needed to pay PIs etc however will definitely mean there is less chance of 'finding' her and is , IMHO, far more harmful.

I feel that if anyone still has information regarding Madeleine's whereabouts, at this juncture, that they have not brought to the attention of the authorities, their silence is for deeper and darker reasons than the perusal of Senhor Amaral's book.
Faithlilly
Faithlilly
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 283
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Arsenal666 Sat 30 Jan - 21:10

buildersbum wrote:Any Pro or Anti Mccann know that this court case is a joke, if anyone has harmed the search for Maddy its the Mccanns themselves, surely the Judge will also know this also, if Team Mccann win and this Portuguese Judge stands by and let this happen then I honestly will believe that the Mcs are home and dry, because if Portugual can't stand up to them with the Law on its side than no one can.

I do not think the Portuguese people will stand for a cover up/whitewash,not after the way their country has been portrayed by the media in the UK.I feel strongly that the judge will throw the injunction out, thus starting the beginning of the end for the dastardly duo. 10th February in court 306321
Arsenal666
Arsenal666

Number of posts : 48
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 30 Jan - 21:33

My understanding is that two further witnesses will give evidence for GA before the lawyers make their closing speeches. GA wont give evidence and therefore neither will Mc'scums.

The judge is expected to send her ruling directly to the Mcs's and GA before the end of February on the temporary injunction.

Then there will be a full trial on whether the injunction banning the book should be made permanent if the matter proceeds that way.

The compensation that the Mcspenders seek in compensation for defamation will be dealt with in separate proceedings, but will follow these proceedings.

Anyhow that is my interpretation of matters. Please feel free to point me in the right direction if I have got my wires crossed.

I have to say that I too was surprised the criminal investigation was dropped at the stage it was with so many unanswered questions, wouldnt it be just sweet if the Judge ordered the criminal matter to be re-opened so that the Mcs's could be ruled in or out of any involvement in the "disappearance" of Madeleine. I dont know anything at all about Portuguese criminal law, so perhaps this could not be an option. Perhaps wishful thinking?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sun 31 Jan - 1:01

vengefulangel, i think it is wishful thinking - unfortunately. But certainly the case needs to be reopened as it was archived IMO with far too many questions unanswered (Kate's 48, for a start) and the impression given is that no one had the will to continue with the case. I don't blame the PJ who had to bear the twin burden of investigating Madeleine's disappearance and at the same time being libelled almost day and daily in the British press. Add lack of British help and an ever-present pro-McCann British media and it's a wonder the PJ managed to investigate at all. But I feel the authorities shouldn't have archived the case, as it's wrong that a little girl went on holiday and just disappeared, and there's a feeling of 'all finished now' even though it's still not known for certain what happened to her. Maybe the Portuguese authorities thought her parents would take advantage of the fact that they could have asked for the case to be kept open; perhaps it was a surprise to them when the parents didn't seem to want any further investigation.

I don't have a clue what the result of the hearing will be, though obviously I hope GA wins and the injunction is lifted. But even if he doesn't, he'll still come out of this much better than the McCanns, IMO, as it's now been made clear that his conclusions about Madeleine's disappearance were and are shared by others privy to the investigation.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 31 Jan - 8:59

Dimsie wrote:vengefulangel, i think it is wishful thinking - unfortunately. But certainly the case needs to be reopened as it was archived IMO with far too many questions unanswered (Kate's 48, for a start) and the impression given is that no one had the will to continue with the case. I don't blame the PJ who had to bear the twin burden of investigating Madeleine's disappearance and at the same time being libelled almost day and daily in the British press. Add lack of British help and an ever-present pro-McCann British media and it's a wonder the PJ managed to investigate at all. But I feel the authorities shouldn't have archived the case, as it's wrong that a little girl went on holiday and just disappeared, and there's a feeling of 'all finished now' even though it's still not known for certain what happened to her. Maybe the Portuguese authorities thought her parents would take advantage of the fact that they could have asked for the case to be kept open; perhaps it was a surprise to them when the parents didn't seem to want any further investigation.

I don't have a clue what the result of the hearing will be, though obviously I hope GA wins and the injunction is lifted. But even if he doesn't, he'll still come out of this much better than the McCanns, IMO, as it's now been made clear that his conclusions about Madeleine's disappearance were and are shared by others privy to the investigation.

10th February in court 306321 Dimsie
Good points. I think the PJ did have a hard time and I still dont understand why certain information that they asked for was blocked, things like bank accounts/credit card details, phone tapping request supposedly turned down etc. Imagine in the UK reporting your child as missing and when the police start to investigate and work out you are involved, you tell them you wont participate in any reconstruction and wont answer any further questions...it just wouldnt happen. Disappointedly we still havent as yet heard the "golden nugget" of information from GA, the piece that he was hinting at that he hadnt said yet. Perhaps he was blocked by LP, who knows. Still kept me on the edge of my seat for 3 days, with 2 more to go.

As much as I have the greatest respect for GA and support him all the way, I am not sure how his success in this case will move things along for Madeleine. More people are definitely seeing the Mc's in a new light, at long last, but proper justice is still not done. I often wonder if the Mc's are playing this as in a last game of roulette, they are putting all the fund on one last spin of the wheel, if they dont get their reputation back re this latest action, then the fund will be dry and they can be seen to have been justified in dropping this whole charade. The day they sell their home and move into a council house to fund the lovely PI's will be the day that I will scratch my head and say I got it wrong about their involvement 10th February in court 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sun 31 Jan - 9:14

vengefulangel wrote:
Dimsie wrote:vengefulangel, i think it is wishful thinking - unfortunately. But certainly the case needs to be reopened as it was archived IMO with far too many questions unanswered (Kate's 48, for a start) and the impression given is that no one had the will to continue with the case. I don't blame the PJ who had to bear the twin burden of investigating Madeleine's disappearance and at the same time being libelled almost day and daily in the British press. Add lack of British help and an ever-present pro-McCann British media and it's a wonder the PJ managed to investigate at all. But I feel the authorities shouldn't have archived the case, as it's wrong that a little girl went on holiday and just disappeared, and there's a feeling of 'all finished now' even though it's still not known for certain what happened to her. Maybe the Portuguese authorities thought her parents would take advantage of the fact that they could have asked for the case to be kept open; perhaps it was a surprise to them when the parents didn't seem to want any further investigation.

10th February in court 306321 Dimsie
Good points. I think the PJ did have a hard time and I still dont understand why certain information that they asked for was blocked, things like bank accounts/credit card details, phone tapping request supposedly turned down etc. Imagine in the UK reporting your child as missing and when the police start to investigate and work out you are involved, you tell them you wont participate in any reconstruction and wont answer any further questions...it just wouldnt happen. Disappointedly we still havent as yet heard the "golden nugget" of information from GA, the piece that he was hinting at that he hadnt said yet. Perhaps he was blocked by LP, who knows. Still kept me on the edge of my seat for 3 days, with 2 more to go.

As much as I have the greatest respect for GA and support him all the way, I am not sure how his success in this case will move things along for Madeleine. More people are definitely seeing the Mc's in a new light, at long last, but proper justice is still not done. I often wonder if the Mc's are playing this as in a last game of roulette, they are putting all the fund on one last spin of the wheel, if they dont get their reputation back re this latest action, then the fund will be dry and they can be seen to have been justified in dropping this whole charade. The day they sell their home and move into a council house to fund the lovely PI's will be the day that I will scratch my head and say I got it wrong about their involvement 10th February in court 294124

Vengefulanger
"The day they sell their home and move into a council house to fund the lovely PI's will be the day that I will scratch my head and say I got it wrong about their involvement"

I might say I "maybe" got it wrong, but I doubt that day would ever come!!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/119833/Sleuth-I-can-find-Maddie-/

Hmm Team Mccann will not like this from Mr Krugel,he is not been very helpful is he just befor the court case starts up again, could there be enough time to do a dig of were he says Maddy is befor the 10th Feb 10th February in court 29204
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 1 Feb - 23:16

I think the book could stay banned but perhaps there will be a temporary injunction on it again. but I don't think they have got any chance of getting their £1.2 million. Can't see why they should get anything. They had over £2 million and nothing to show for it. Why encourage them to waste even more money.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MJH1901 Tue 2 Feb - 0:07

Really hope Jon Di Paolo goes and tweets it all again; it was mind blowing seeing the quotes pop up in real time and knowing that people were reading things they'd never seen before .

I put it all on a word doc last time for future ref and because I knew it wouldn't be printed in its entirety.

Just hope he's allowed and Sky haven't been got at to stop it...
MJH1901
MJH1901
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 696
Location : Scouseland - You don't have to be gullible or corrupt to support the McCanns, but - no sorry that's wrong you DO.
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Tue 2 Feb - 0:09

Waiting patiently to hear what Amaral has not said, to be said in court, hopefully. He says there is a lot I have not said. The 10th is not that far away.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy11268 Tue 2 Feb - 0:40

Yes, I hope we hear what goes on there. I wouldnt be surprised if we don't though.....there is SO much pressure around if anyone does anything that is perceived as "against" the family. Here's hoping.

I, Too, would like to see what GA has to say.

I wish I was very rich. I'd pay his court costs! 10th February in court 294124
Lizzy11268
Lizzy11268
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 426
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 3:02

vengefulangel wrote:My understanding is that two further witnesses will give evidence for GA before the lawyers make their closing speeches. GA wont give evidence and therefore neither will Mc'scums.

The judge is expected to send her ruling directly to the Mcs's and GA before the end of February on the temporary injunction.

Then there will be a full trial on whether the injunction banning the book should be made permanent if the matter proceeds that way.

The compensation that the Mcspenders seek in compensation for defamation will be dealt with in separate proceedings, but will follow these proceedings.

Anyhow that is my interpretation of matters. Please feel free to point me in the right direction if I have got my wires crossed.

I have to say that I too was surprised the criminal investigation was dropped at the stage it was with so many unanswered questions, wouldnt it be just sweet if the Judge ordered the criminal matter to be re-opened so that the Mcs's could be ruled in or out of any involvement in the "disappearance" of Madeleine. I dont know anything at all about Portuguese criminal law, so perhaps this could not be an option. Perhaps wishful thinking?
Never forget that on the day Amaral was removed from the case Gordon Brown made a call to confirm that this had happened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  oliver Tue 2 Feb - 6:52

i cant wait for 10th - that was best day of 2010 so far 10th February in court 25346
oliver
oliver
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 197
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 2 Feb - 7:30

MJH1901 wrote:Really hope Jon Di Paolo goes and tweets it all again; it was mind blowing seeing the quotes pop up in real time and knowing that people were reading things they'd never seen before .

I put it all on a word doc last time for future ref and because I knew it wouldn't be printed in its entirety.

Quite a lot of the Brit media were at the Lisbon hearing, but they appear to have avoided Halligens lastest bail hearing, WHY ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 2 Feb - 8:06

I only hope that Mr Amaral has more good witnesses and that the judge sees sense and allows his book. 10th February in court 25346
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 2 Feb - 8:08

Lizzy11268 wrote:Yes, I hope we hear what goes on there. I wouldnt be surprised if we don't though.....there is SO much pressure around if anyone does anything that is perceived as "against" the family. Here's hoping.

I, Too, would like to see what GA has to say.

I wish I was very rich. I'd pay his court costs! 10th February in court 294124

Well, the TM Fund is rich and hopefully it will have to pay Amaral's court costs!

I must say that I will lose all faith in the Portuguese justice system if Amaral loses this case. It is absurd to say that Amaral's book is stopping people from searching for Madeleine. Gerry and Kate never even bothered to look for her themselves on the night she went missing, and this was long before the book even came out.

It simply cannot be proven that Amaral's book has hindered the search. Certainly other actions by the McCanns themselves (not answering questions, not taking part in the reconstruction, not searching for Madeleine immediately when she went missing, but instead concocting a timeline, spending the majority of the fund on lawyers rather than the search) in addition to the LP not providing requested phone/medical/credit card records, have hindered the search more than Amaral's book.

Statistically, what is the probability that a child who went missing under suspicious circustances and is still missing nearly 3 years later is likely to be alive? Slim to none I would imagine, and nobody needs a book to tell them that. The McCanns expect the whold world to continue to fund the search forever for the daughter whom they themselves lost.

The McCanns need to walk the walk. If they expect others to give up their own free time to look for Madeleine then they need to get out there themselves and do some physical searching.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 2 Feb - 8:45

On the first day of the last appearance in court didn't the McCann's lawyer ask for an additional witness Luis Frois to be heard? Also there was mention of Dave Edgar being called. Are these the final 2 witnesses? I know its been said here that the McCanns have no witnesses on this occasion but I do remember Luis Frois being mentioned.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MJH1901 Tue 2 Feb - 9:32

Laffin Assasin wrote:
MJH1901 wrote:Really hope Jon Di Paolo goes and tweets it all again; it was mind blowing seeing the quotes pop up in real time and knowing that people were reading things they'd never seen before .

Quite a lot of the Brit media were at the Lisbon hearing, but they appear to have avoided Halligens lastest bail hearing, WHY ?

Wish I knew, LA. That and the total silence about the CEOP conference leave me so frustrated!
MJH1901
MJH1901
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 696
Location : Scouseland - You don't have to be gullible or corrupt to support the McCanns, but - no sorry that's wrong you DO.
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next