Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns/Amaral

+57
jimuck
malena stool
Colonel Fabien
T4two
pennylane
Carolina
MaryB
keepingmum
buildersbum
dutchclogs
jinvta
Claudia79
Keela
mumbles
AnnaEsse
Badboy
Bebootje
widowan
Sandi
jay2001
the slave
zodiac
jejune
tanszi
Christine
Karen
ann_chovey
docmac
fred
kitti
squeaker
Judge Dread
Jem
LJC
DavidA
margaret
Dimsie
lea
POPPY1
Wallflower
hobnob
Alpine Aster
wantthetruth
ashwil
Lioned
saloongirl
quickfingers
wjk
jeanie
Justiceforallkids
bootsy
contrary
frencheuropean
blossom45
steve1295
welshy
Annabel
61 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Empty Re: McCanns/Amaral

Post  widowan Sun 12 Sep - 22:37

True, I had not thought of that - how can they prove any suffering any of them felt are the result of his book and not the CHILD being missing, and a sharp eyed judge can see that one of the two causes of their pain,is attached to a significant pay out for the McScams. Even the UK judge forced them to drop Madeleine from the action
Amaral should wear a Ken Thompson shirt to the trial. There is a father who put his (own) money where his mouth was in searching for (and finding) a son he knew or believed to be merely missing and not dead. He quit his job and went out and looked - on his bike. mcCanns use other people's money to pay people to mount a campaign, etc but do nothing themselves to show they care for their child, not while in PDL to sit at home nights and watch over her, and not today with their lawsuits trying to keep people from their right to free speech or the right to read what the lead investigator on the case has to say.

As long as there is (someone else's) money available to pay lawyers their frivolous lawsuits will go forward. It would be nice if they would lose and have to pay Amaral's court costs.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sun 12 Sep - 23:09

If the McCanns actually go through with appearing in court, I will eat my hat. I'd better go and see if I can find one, just in case.
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 14 Sep - 0:38

What does it mean if they don't win?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu 16 Sep - 13:24

What type of parent of person puts soiled nappies in a boot - especially when there are uge green bins ALL OVER the place on the Algarve, you do not EVER have to walk further than 2minutes to place your garbage in these bins,

Ask me I know, I visit the Algarve three or four times a year, Thats what pisses me of: Gerry really does undermine our intelligence, he the same dickhead that cant string a sentence errrrrrrr together.

Their time is coming.
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Thu 16 Sep - 16:28

squeaker wrote:If the McCanns actually go through with appearing in court, I will eat my hat. I'd better go and see if I can find one, just in case.

That would be a wise precaution. Given what happened at the appeal hearing.

Perhaps Ms Shilling does a line in edible hats?
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Sep - 16:49

sans_souci wrote:
squeaker wrote:If the McCanns actually go through with appearing in court, I will eat my hat. I'd better go and see if I can find one, just in case.

Are you referring to Gertrude Shilling?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 16 Sep - 16:51

sans_souci wrote:

Does this mean that you believe that the McCanns will probably appear at the libel hearing?
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Thu 16 Sep - 17:04

Carolina wrote:
sans_souci wrote:

Does this mean that you believe that the McCanns will probably appear at the libel hearing?

I imagine they will be there, at least for part of the hearing. Especially bearing in mind they were there for the hearing of the appeal against the injunction.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Sep - 17:22

sans_souci wrote:
Carolina wrote:
sans_souci wrote:

I imagine they will be there, at least for part of the hearing. Especially bearing in mind they were there for the hearing of the appeal against the injunction.

Sans, are you talking about Ms Gertrude Shilling, the one who died in 1999?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Sep - 17:28

Sans, I know this may be somewhat difficult for you, answering a question about a statement you have made, but which Ms Shilling were you referring to?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Sep - 17:35

AnnaEsse wrote:Sans, I know this may be somewhat difficult for you, answering a question about a statement you have made, but which Ms Shilling were you referring to?

Well?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Thu 16 Sep - 17:37

AnnaEsse wrote:Sans, I know this may be somewhat difficult for you, answering a question about a statement you have made, but which Ms Shilling were you referring to?

You are of course quite right - I should have thought before typing - it is of course David Shilling who is the milliner, whilst Mrs Shilling was his mother.

I offer my most humble apologies to the forum and throw myself upon your mercy.
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 16 Sep - 17:44

Sans...shouldnt you be serving the pope tea as this moment!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Thu 16 Sep - 17:45

sans_souci wrote:

Would that be the appeal hearing where the judge rewrote some of the terms of the first temporary injunction and by doing so it allowed Dr G A to speak.
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Sep - 17:48

sans_souci wrote:

You are of course quite right - I should have thought before typing - it is of course David Shilling who is the milliner, whilst Mrs Shilling was his mother.

Thank you sans. I would just add that if the McCanns, both of them, take the witness stand in a court of law and answer questions about their search for their child without either getting rather worked up, then I shall cook a hat-shaped cake and eat it.

Conditions:

1) They take the stand.

2) They answer all questions about searching for their daughter and what makes them so sure she's alive and unharmed.

3) Neither gets worked up about the questions being asked.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 16 Sep - 17:51

Hi Anna

I would like your suggestions to happen - but I am afraid they wont - this is just about "pieces of paper" and whose holding the Rule book. McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 371436

Angelique

Last edited by Angelique on Thu 16 Sep - 17:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : signature)
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Thu 16 Sep - 17:54

AnnaEsse wrote:
sans_souci wrote:

Thank you sans. I would just add that if the McCanns, both of them, take the witness stand in a court of law and answer questions about their search for their child without either getting rather worked up, then I shall cook a hat-shaped cake and eat it.

Conditions:

1) They take the stand.

2) They answer all questions about searching for their daughter and what makes them so sure she's alive and unharmed.

Don't bother because that would be cheating. McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 25346

The hat would have to be one of my choosing........
sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Sep - 18:08

sans_souci wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
sans_souci wrote:

Conditions:

1) They take the stand.

Don't bother because that would be cheating. McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 25346

The hat would have to be one of my choosing........

I only eat my own home-made cakes. And I would be happy to photograph it before and with me eating it. You have entered into this hat business at a stage where the conditions are not open to you. The conditions are set by the person who makes the offer, not by a bystander.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 16 Sep - 18:44

AnnaEsse wrote:
sans_souci wrote:

Conditions:

1) They take the stand.

The Universe isn't prepared for that and it is possible a second big bang would occur wiping us all out from the face of the Earth with only a few unicellular specimens surviving, most of which McCann supporters.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 16 Sep - 19:23

kitti wrote:Sans...shouldnt you be serving the pope tea as this moment!!

With his trousers down, and nether regions up I assume?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 16 Sep - 20:00

My guess is they'll show up and have their pitiful woeful faces on, but will avail themselves of their rights to silence and against self incrimination after all it is not them who is on trial, it's Amaral. They don't need to take the witness stand do they? Or do they? If they do, so they can answer questions about how the intimation that their child died in 5a has harmed Maddie, via harming the "search" for Maddie.

does Amaral's lawyer get to cross examine or are they just given the bully pulpit from which to spew their nonsense and the defendant doesn't get to have his lawyer question them? Like, how come you guys did not cooperate and did not answer the PJ questions, clearly you didn't think THAT would harm the search for your daughter even though it resulted inthe case being shelved, you were more interested in CYA manuevers, right, than in taking steps that would assist any kind of investigation? I mean, my first question as his lawyer would be WHAT SEARCH?

If Madeleine's dead, by their hand, or even not by their hand but they know she is dead, then the search is pointless, insofar as people throwing good money after bad or good money being wasted when it could go to help others who are still "alive and finable". It's not going to "help" her even if you find her.

I don't see how the logic can be other than this, either she is alive and needs to be searched for, and the search assisted in all ways possible or she doesn't. Why can McCanns behave in a way that impedes the search (by impeding the investigation, failing to search, hiring crap fraud detectives and spin masters with the Fund's money) but Amaral if he does something that impedes the search, can be sued? Who's suing the McCanns for failing to assist the search? Didn't they sit and have their lawyer prep them and their pals for the rogatory interviews, and refuse to reconstruct the crime, all the while claiming Madeleine was with pedophiles?

Will they get to play Kate's statement from the tv interview that they didn't actually physically search?

I hope Amaral has a good lawyer and that the McCanns if they are allowed to speak about how this book has harmed "the search" are put on the stand and have to describe all the vastly many ways they have searched and used money to search, their detectives' pedigrees ought to be interesting too, as compared to Mr Amaral's. The people they hired to carry on the "search" - I can't believe they'd bear to show their faces in court for fear they would get questions like that.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Thu 16 Sep - 20:06

widowan wrote:

Why can McCanns behave in a way that impedes the search (by impeding the investigation) but Amaral if he does that can be sued? Who's suing the McCanns for failing to assist the search? Didn't they sit and have their lawyer prep them and their pals for the rogatory interviews, and refuse to reconstruct the crime, all the while claiming Madeleine was with pedophiles?

Don't give many green stripes. Have one, Widowan.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 16 Sep - 20:07

If anyone's baking cake hats to eat, make mine spice cake with buttercream frosting okay? Or how about a nice German chocolate fedora with lovely coconut icing? I haven't eaten a good hat in years.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Thu 16 Sep - 20:09

docmac wrote:
widowan wrote:

Why can McCanns behave in a way that impedes the search (by impeding the investigation) but Amaral if he does that can be sued? Who's suing the McCanns for failing to assist the search? Didn't they sit and have their lawyer prep them and their pals for the rogatory interviews, and refuse to reconstruct the crime, all the while claiming Madeleine was with pedophiles?

Thanks... not sure what a green stripe is but it must be good. If I get five of them can I have a red velvet hat-cake with chocolate chip frosting?

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Thu 16 Sep - 20:30

widowan wrote:
docmac wrote:
widowan wrote:

Thanks... not sure what a green stripe is but it must be good. If I get five of them can I have a red velvet hat-cake with chocolate chip frosting?

A green stripe means more 'rep'. It's not something I strive for, but you deserve an extra point for that post.

Just wondering whatever happened to the McCanns' proposed literary version of events. This would have been an hilarious read, imo. Especially if all the 'erms' were not edited out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-562371/McCann-twins-pick-phone-day-ask-Where-Madeleine.html
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 12 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next