Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 14 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  aqeleega Thu 30 Dec - 9:34

fedrules, that was my first thought when I saw a pic of him lol.
aqeleega
aqeleega
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 262
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:36

And he was a teacher at boys public school. Somebody posted on facebook that he was one of his pupils 20 years ago and that the landlord was quite 'flamboyant' at the time with blue hair.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 30 Dec - 9:37

Marky wrote:
pennylane wrote:...advances were made, and then things turned ugly.

that's pretty much what i was hinting at. wouldn't be the first time it'd happened would it?

jo yeates - Page 14 25346

.....and won't be the last, that's for sure!

I can't think of anything worse than having a creepy landlord living upstairs, who no doubt has a spare set of keys to the flat. Really chilling!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 30 Dec - 9:40

I wonder if the landlord knows anything about what happened to Melanie Halls ?

fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 9:43

fedrules wrote:I wonder if the landlord knows anything about what happened to Melanie Halls ?

might be mentioned to him sometime soon. jo yeates - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 10:05

Video interview (brief)
Landlord denies seeing Joanna Yeates on night she disappeared

Chris Jeffries, the landlord of an architect murdered in Bristol, told reporters he "cannot confirm seeing Joanna Yeates" on the night of her disappearance.

9:12AM GMT 30 Dec 2010
Miss Yeates, 25, went missing from her home in Clifton, Bristol on Friday 17th December. She was last seen at the Ram Pub in Park Street and called in at several shops on her way home to Canynge Road.
Her body was found at 9am on Christmas Day 2010 at a roadside verge off Longwood Lane, Failand, by a local couple who were walking their dog.
Anybody with information which could help the investigation is urged to contact the Operation Braid incident room online or call 0845 456 7000

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/8230050/Landlord-denies-seeing-Joanna-Yeates-on-night-she-disappeared.html

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Thu 30 Dec - 10:11

mumbles wrote:
pennylane wrote:
fedrules wrote:Pure speculation here..Jo goes upstairs to see if the landlord wants to share a pizza. Finds him in some kind of embarrassing situation. He's so scared of his tendancies being discovered that he panics and strangles her..

Snap!

I was just about to say..... I imagine Jo was in a happy, friendly mood and her joviality and sharing of her pizza was misread... advances were made, and then things turned ugly.

I think it's more likely that he was either already in her flat when she returned or arrived at her door soon afterwards.

I hope he's not one of these men that's prone to 'spying' on his tenants!

Agree with fedrules - he does have that Gary Glitter look about him.

Agree! If he was already in her flat, that's why yesterday I started to talk about keys and locks if you all remember. I said in this country where I live, anyone that rents a flat/house, the first thing they do is to change locks - no need to have any authorization, as landlords can't forbid that (house is yours to live, so no one else besides those who live there - have the right to have a key in their possession - landlords included)! And if a landlord wants/needs to do something inside the house (like repairing tubes, etc) they don't need to have a key.

That's why I would NEVER in my life live in a rented house knowing a landlord could enter my place of residence at any time. I don't care about the system used in the UK. If landlords have the right to keep a key, than it's very, very dangerous. We never know who is who.

FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 10:17

FSoares wrote:
mumbles wrote:
pennylane wrote:
fedrules wrote:Pure speculation here..Jo goes upstairs to see if the landlord wants to share a pizza. Finds him in some kind of embarrassing situation. He's so scared of his tendancies being discovered that he panics and strangles her..

Snap!

I was just about to say..... I imagine Jo was in a happy, friendly mood and her joviality and sharing of her pizza was misread... advances were made, and then things turned ugly.

I think it's more likely that he was either already in her flat when she returned or arrived at her door soon afterwards.

Agree! If he was already in her flat, that's why yesterday I started to talk about keys and locks if you all remember. I said in this country where I live, anyone that rents a flat/house, the first thing they do is to change locks - no need to have any authorization, as landlords can't forbid that (house is yours to live, so no one else besides those who live there - have the right to have a key in their possession - landlords included)! And if a landlord wants/needs to do something inside the house (like repairing tubes, etc) they don't need to have a key.

That's why I would NEVER in my life live in a rented house knowing a landlord could enter my place of residence at any time. I don't care about the system used in the UK. If landlords have the right to keep a key, than it's very, very dangerous. We never know who is who.

If that was me, if my landlord was already in my flat when I arrived home, the last thing I would do would be enter it - so wouldn't have left coat, mobile, keys half drunken bottle of cider in there. I'd go with the possibility that, as he knew the boyfriend was away (I suspect he's a snooper), then he's called round a short while after she's arrived home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 10:20

carmen wrote:If that was me, if my landlord was already in my flat when I arrived home, the last thing I would do would be enter it - so wouldn't have left coat, mobile, keys half drunken bottle of cider in there. I'd go with the possibility that, as he knew the boyfriend was away (I suspect he's a snooper), then he's called round a short while after she's arrived home.

i'm guessing that's more likely the way it happened. jo yeates - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  FSoares Thu 30 Dec - 10:31

carmen wrote:
FSoares wrote:
mumbles wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Snap!

If that was me, if my landlord was already in my flat when I arrived home, the last thing I would do would be enter it - so wouldn't have left coat, mobile, keys half drunken bottle of cider in there. I'd go with the possibility that, as he knew the boyfriend was away (I suspect he's a snooper), then he's called round a short while after she's arrived home.

I agree as well. I wouldn't enter it either! No way entering it with the Landlord inside, unless he was there and she just noticed it after entering the flat and was caught by surprise. Like you said, it's also very possible he called round a short while after she arrived home. One way or another, it looks like he was a snooper (and not only that).
FSoares
FSoares

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 30 Dec - 10:39

I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but he looks a total perv.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Thu 30 Dec - 10:45

fred wrote:I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but he looks a total perv.

He gave me the creeps when I first saw him on TV last night.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Thu 30 Dec - 10:46

Once I saw his combover yesterday there was little doubt it my mind....and I'm not joking!
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 30 Dec - 10:46

mumbles wrote:
fred wrote:I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but he looks a total perv.

He gave me the creeps when I first saw him on TV last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12092600

Maybe looks say a lot - he has been arrested

ETA - should have read back further as I see it has already been posted
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Thu 30 Dec - 10:50

fedrules wrote:I still feel bad about thinking the worst of someone who must be grief-stricken, although, in my defence, many women are killed by their husbands / partners.. Perhaps the landlord called Jo to his flat to discuss something ? Might explain the half-drunk bottle of cider...I bet he was already known to the police as he was involved in various campaigns, but why does a 65-year-old suddenly murder someone ?
I think if people had known all along that the landlord lived in a flat in the same house, suspicion might well have fallen on him as much as on Joanna's boyfriend, as he would have been able to enter her flat either with her permission or with his own key OR she might have gone to his flat for some reason and then something happened. The fact that Joanna's keys, mobile phone and handbag were still in her flat made it very likely that she didn't leave the building of her own volition, and since the police said there was no sign of a break-in this seemed to rule out a stranger entering the flat (unless Jo had opened the door to a stranger, but would a young woman in a flat on her own do that?).

I'd better add that the police arresting someone on suspicion of murder doesn't of course mean that person is a murderer (thought I'd better say that as I don't want to be responsible for sans souci having another fit of the vapours today).
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 30 Dec - 10:52

Dimsie wrote:
fedrules wrote:I still feel bad about thinking the worst of someone who must be grief-stricken, although, in my defence, many women are killed by their husbands / partners.. Perhaps the landlord called Jo to his flat to discuss something ? Might explain the half-drunk bottle of cider...I bet he was already known to the police as he was involved in various campaigns, but why does a 65-year-old suddenly murder someone ?
I think if people had known all along that the landlord lived in a flat in the same house, suspicion might well have fallen on him as much as on Joanna's boyfriend, as he would have been able to enter her flat either with her permission or with his own key OR she might have gone to his flat for some reason and then something happened. The fact that Joanna's keys, mobile phone and handbag were still in her flat made it very likely that she didn't leave the building of her own volition, and since the police said there was no sign of a break-in this seemed to rule out a stranger entering the flat (unless Jo had opened the door to a stranger, but would a young woman in a flat on her own do that?).

I'd better add that the police arresting someone on suspicion of murder doesn't of course mean that person is a murderer (thought I'd better say that as I don't want to be responsible for sans souci having another fit of the vapours today).

I guess they have more to go on than his bad haircut.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Thu 30 Dec - 10:55

I can't imagine for a moment she went and invited him to share a pizza! I suspect maybe she'd sent him a Christmas card, maybe thanking him for all he'd done in the year, or similar....he misunderstood her intentions, came down to see her when he realised boyfriend was away, and got amorous. She freaked out, and threatened to tell the boyfriend, he panicked and killed her.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 11:21

Roasted Arizona wrote:

I can't imagine for a moment she went and invited him to share a pizza! I suspect maybe she'd sent him a Christmas card, maybe thanking him for all he'd done in the year, or similar....he misunderstood her intentions, came down to see her when he realised boyfriend was away, and got amorous. She freaked out, and threatened to tell the boyfriend, he panicked and killed her.

did i read somewhere that they only moved into the apartment in november of this year? jo yeates - Page 14 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Thu 30 Dec - 11:28

Roasted Arizona wrote:Once I saw his combover yesterday there was little doubt it my mind....and I'm not joking!
I had a similar reaction. But I tried to repress it.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 11:29

But there was another high profile murder case, I forget which one offhand, where a suspect was arrested and later released without charge. Sorry, but this whole 'landlord' thing just does not sit right with me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 30 Dec - 11:35

The latest on Sky is Martin Brunt with the landlord's car being taken away in the background. He says that another vehicle is likely to be removed and that there are other properties which will probably be searched. Landlord's flat being forensically examined.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Indigo Thu 30 Dec - 11:40

Well I am 'happy' to have been wrong. jo yeates - Page 14 25346
Indigo
Indigo
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 30 Dec - 11:45

I suppose Denis Nilsson looked and acted "normal". He got away with his crimes for years. But if it really is the landlord, and I am not saying it is, are there other victims? It seems a bit reckless to do away with your own downstairs neighbour, then not try to do a runner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Thu 30 Dec - 11:54

The Famous Grouse wrote:But there was another high profile murder case, I forget which one offhand, where a suspect was arrested and later released without charge. Sorry, but this whole 'landlord' thing just does not sit right with me.

You may well be right Famous Grouse. Hopefully there is real reson to suspect people who are arrested - rather than a ridiculous hair cut. However, I'm really wondering just how helpful the whole rolling news thing is.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 30 Dec - 12:00

The Famous Grouse wrote:I suppose Denis Nilsson looked and acted "normal". He got away with his crimes for years. But if it really is the landlord, and I am not saying it is, are there other victims? It seems a bit reckless to do away with your own downstairs neighbour, then not try to do a runner.

It is far harder to come up with a plausible deflective crime scene if the murder is a spur of the moment lashing out, and not pre-meditated.

Just look at the pathetic story the McCanns came up with!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next