Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 31 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  POPPY1 Mon 3 Jan - 20:50

AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:I may have got it wrong, but I thought Marky was expressing displeasure at the term, so can't see what the problem with him is. Also if we can't acknowledge each other with an occasional smile then there's hardly any point in discussing anything. I have the greatest respect for Jo's parents and their grief and I'm sure the smiles weren't directed at them.

I think the smiley is Marky's way of saying...."I come in peace." jo yeates - Page 31 25346

After what has happened in the last few days, AnnaEsse ?
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 31 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 3 Jan - 20:51

POPPY1 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:I may have got it wrong, but I thought Marky was expressing displeasure at the term, so can't see what the problem with him is. Also if we can't acknowledge each other with an occasional smile then there's hardly any point in discussing anything. I have the greatest respect for Jo's parents and their grief and I'm sure the smiles weren't directed at them.

I think the smiley is Marky's way of saying...."I come in peace." jo yeates - Page 31 25346

After what has happened in the last few days, AnnaEsse ?

Especially after what has happened in the last few days. Now please stick to the topic.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 31 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 31 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 20:51

POPPY1 wrote:

By this logic if a person has a bereavement , then a smiley face is in order.

I'm just staggered.

THIS IS A MURDERED YOUNG WOMAN, NOT A JOKING MATTER I THINK

poppy's angry. why is poppy angry? jo yeates - Page 31 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 3 Jan - 20:52

I thought that it was not Marky who used the expression first but another poster who explained that they meant it from the press's point of view.

This case is tragic and terribly sad, but from a journalistic point of view it is a ' juicy case' and it is certainly one which the public responds to as it is the most read subject on most newspaper websites.

fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 20:55

AnnaEsse wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:

I'm just staggered.

POPPY1, it's just a smiley face which Marky tends to use almost like a signature. It's nothing to get worked up about.

of course it is anna. been doing it since i joined. but any old excuse to pick on marky huh? jo yeates - Page 31 25346

Last edited by Marky on Mon 3 Jan - 21:01; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 3 Jan - 20:56

POPPY1 wrote:

I'm just staggered.

I certainly don't think this is a joking matter. Far from it. Smiley faces directed at other posters have absolutely nothing to do with poster's feelings towards the case, the parents or anyone else actually involved in the case.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Mon 3 Jan - 21:00

24 hour rolling news and the internet means that there's a hell of a lot of space to fill. It's clear that this space is mostly filled with crap - hence the rise of 'celebrity culture'. The police, and the criminal justice system, have unfortunately become part of the modern celeb culture. They don't beaver away enimatically, occasionally going, "'ello, 'ello, 'ello" to passers-by. They're expected to behave like tv cops, whilst also quickly solving crimes. They have to respond, and interact, with a public that is much more knowledgeable about those providing our public services than 30 or 40 years ago. The tendency is to 'give the public what they want', which is information. However, when it comes to justice, things sometimes have to be done under the radar. I'm not saying I won't be proved totally wrong, but I'm inclined to believe that the police have a pretty good idea of who's done this crime, but, at the moment, need to establish the evidence that will hold up in court jo yeates - Page 31 52433 .

Last edited by jejune on Mon 3 Jan - 21:09; edited 1 time in total
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 21:03

and the red stripes are flying thick and fast. F Troop's on the attack. jo yeates - Page 31 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Mon 3 Jan - 21:06

[quote="Marky"]
AnnaEsse wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:

I'm just staggered.

POPPY1, it's just a smiley face which Marky tends to use almost like a signature. It's nothing to get worked up about.

[/quote

of course it is anna. been doing it since i joined. but any old excuse to pick on marky huh? jo yeates - Page 31 25346

I am perfectly aware of your signature Marky, we all are.

However, there is the question of using your intelligence and feeling for other people's losses.

You don't seem to grasp that concept.

I really hope you never find yourself in the predicament of these poor parents.

Not even you.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 3 Jan - 21:07

I think I can clear this up.

In response to T4two's post about the press I said

The papers presumably run everything past their lawyers before they print, so either they were pretty confident that Jeffries would be charged or they've got away with this level of speculation in the past, so weren't that worried. I guess it's a commercial decision for them and they have to factor increased sales from a nice juicy story like this.
Wallflower

Then Marky comes along and says

'nice juicy story.' a tragic story but maybe that's just me.

For reasons known unto him alone, he chose not to use the Quote function but to take that bit out of context - and put in the gum blowing emoticon.

I said, to Marky.

Naughty Naughty.

Contextualise. It's what the papers would see as a nice juicy story.

Marky said ... nothing.

In another post later, to T4two, and to everyone reading, I said

hope this does prompt newspaper editors and people like Brunt (and all of us too) to learn a little caution when dealing with cases like this in the future. Whether he's ever re-arrested or not. And I agree with you, that in this case, the police DO seem to have handled everything in an overdramatic manner, as if they were clearly signposting Jeffries' guilt.

I should probably make it clear that I think it's absolutely hideous that someone's life can be destroyed in this way, on the basis of being a suspect for such a short duration. I think the 'tone' of my last post went a little awry. If there was an :irony: emoticon, I would've used it.
Wallflower

Sorry for my part in this confusion. But I think that Marky's unusual method of quoting me, and quoting me out of context was probably the cause of the confusion Poppy.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 21:12

[quote="POPPY1"]
Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:

I'm just staggered.

[/quote

However, there is the question of using your intelligence and feeling for other people's losses.

Not even you.

give up now. you tried. you lost. jo yeates - Page 31 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Mon 3 Jan - 21:13

I agree and what the public most wants is reassurance that whoever committed this awful crime, which has inflicted such life-long sadness on Jo's poor family, will swiftly be brought to justice. The idea that it could be the random act of a psychopath is worrying because they are the hardest murders to solve. Apparently most murders get solved quickly because there is a link between the killer and the victim or the perpetrator gives themselves up, but when the victim is just unlucky enough to cross the path of a serial killer or mentally ill person then it's much tougher for ANY police force to find the truth.

Personally, I believe that the police know who killed Jo and that they are waiting to see if forensics backs up their view, but that is just my opinion.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Mon 3 Jan - 21:16

[quote="Marky"]
POPPY1 wrote:
Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:

I'm just staggered.

[/quote

Not even you.

I never give up Marky. That's not my way.

Why don't you apologise for the smiley face to the Yeates family ?

I'm sure they will appreciate it.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 21:18

POPPY1 wrote:
Marky wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:
Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Not even you.

it's not aimed at them and means nothing but of course you already know that. your just trying to cause trouble or save face. probably both. and not doing very well.

jo yeates - Page 31 25346

Last edited by Marky on Mon 3 Jan - 21:21; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Mon 3 Jan - 21:19

sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 239
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 3 Jan - 21:19

[quote="POPPY1"]
Marky wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:
Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

[/quote

Not even you.

POPPY, the smiley face, as you have been told, is for the benefit of other posters. It is not an inappropriate comment on the subject. It's what Marky always adds to his posts. No more on this now.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 3 Jan - 21:21

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 3 Jan - 21:22

The ubiquitous "grin" is very bizzare.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 3 Jan - 21:23

Wallflower wrote:The ubiquitous "grin" is very bizzare.

It may be, but please ignore it! End of the subject of the grin!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 3 Jan - 21:23

Happy New Year. Peace on earth and this forum.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Mon 3 Jan - 21:26

[quote="Marky"]
POPPY1 wrote:
Marky wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:
Marky wrote:

Not even you.

it's not aimed at them but of course you already know that. your just trying to cause trouble or save face. probably both. and not doing very well.

Au contraire Marky,

I'm not trying to save face, I really feel strongly about this issue and I'm not trying to cause trouble.

There is no need for smiley faces when discussing a murder.

Like I said earlier, how would you feel in the same circumstances if something like this had happened to a close relative of yours ?

I doubt you would respond in the same way.
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 21:26

SteveT wrote:Happy New Year. Peace on earth and this forum.

and to you my brother. jo yeates - Page 31 25346

'scuse the smiley face. jo yeates - Page 31 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 21:28

[quote="POPPY1"]
Marky wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:
Marky wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:

it's not aimed at them but of course you already know that. your just trying to cause trouble or save face. probably both. and not doing very well.

Au contraire Marky,

I'm not trying to save face, I really feel strongly about this issue and I'm not trying to cause trouble.

There is no need for smiley faces when discussing a murder.

Like I said earlier, how would you feel in the same circumstances if something like this had happened to a close relative of yours ?

I doubt you would respond in the same way.

will no one rid me of this turbulent priest. jo yeates - Page 31 157799

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Mon 3 Jan - 21:31

Can this bromance go to a more appropriate thread please.
sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 239
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 3 Jan - 21:36

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next