Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 32 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 3 Jan - 21:38

Joanna Yeates murder: police believe she may have been killed by more than one person.

Joanna Yeates may have been killed by more than one person, the detective leading the murder hunt said, as he confirmed her landlord remains a suspect.

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones said one “hypothesis” is that an accomplice helped whoever strangled the landscape architect, adding that he was “not making any assumptions” about how the crime was committed.

Scenes of crime officers continued to search the home of Christopher Jefferies, 65, the former English master who owned Miss Yeates’s flat in Bristol and lived in the same building, 48 hours after he was released on police bail.

Mr Jones said Mr Jefferies, the only person so far arrested on suspicion of murder, “is still a suspect” but refused to say whether any other suspects have been identified.

He also disclosed that witnesses had reported seeing a light-coloured 4x4 vehicle near the spot where 25-year-old Miss Yeates’s body was found on Longwood Lane, around three miles from her home in Clifton.

Finding the vehicle in which Miss Yeates was taken to Longwood Lane, where her body was found covered by snow on Christmas Day, would be a vital breakthrough in the case and Mr Jones made an urgent appeal to taxi drivers and people who attended Christmas functions at nearby golf clubs to contact him if they saw a 4x4 on the night of December 17, when Miss Yeates was last seen alive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8237496/Joanna-Yeates-murder-police-believe-she-may-have-been-killed-by-more-than-one-person.html
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 32 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 21:39

sunflower wrote:Can this bromance go to a more appropriate thread please.

like it. jo yeates - Page 32 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 3 Jan - 21:43

Does anyone know btw when the boyfriend arrived oop north on that Friday? I notice he still hasn't appeared on tv speaking just released a statement.

I also don't believe the police when they said they don't know when Jo died (see link). They'll know by now what she ate that Friday and by the contents of her stomach/bowels whether that was the last thing she ate.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Joanna-Yeates-Investigation-No-Evidence-Of-Sexual-Assault-Police-Appeal-Over-4x4-Vehicle/Article/201101115878740?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15878740_Joanna_Yeates_Investigation%3A_No_Evidence_Of_Sexual_Assault%2C_Police_Appeal_Over_4x4_Vehicle

Last edited by margaret on Mon 3 Jan - 21:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 32 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 32 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Mon 3 Jan - 21:46

AnnaEsse wrote:

Thank you, sunflower. Very interesting.

It is interesting but I do think the headline is rather misleading, more likely an answer to a question asked at the press conference. So they haven't ruled it out.....I wonder if they are having problems placing them at the location, certainly there seems no evidence of anything odd in his car. Also the focus on this other 4x4 seems to be a major issue. I just hope they are not getting clouded wanting this guy to be guilty and missing other things.
sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 239
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 3 Jan - 21:51

If the guilty person was in the flat and removed the pizza/pizza packaging to avoid detection, why did they not take Joannes's keys/purse to confuse matters?
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  sunflower Mon 3 Jan - 21:54

Never accuse The Mail of sensational reporting, dear me..........this article would make me shake if I lived in Bristol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343462/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Police-hope-frozen-DNA-sample-body-solve-murder.html

sunflower
sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 239
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 3 Jan - 21:59

SteveT wrote:If the guilty person was in the flat and removed the pizza/pizza packaging to avoid detection, why did they not take Joannes's keys/purse to confuse matters?

Exactly. I think the police know or have a good idea who the murderer is, they just don't have enough evidence yet. You can rule out an opportunist IMO, must be someone who knows her, meant to kill her and had no inclination for sexual assault first.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Mon 3 Jan - 22:02

I am not entirely sure that Chris Jefferies wasn't arrested to spook the real perpetrator/s - you will remember Jefferies said initially that he saw Joanna with two other people that evening and then denied it. It's quite possible that the Police would not have liked this bit of information out there so they initiated an arrest to cover this statement from Jefferies. Going in at 7 a.m. in the morning would have been normal practice - so that's what they did. Maybe they wanted whoever was responsible for her disappearance to feel the Police were going 'in the wrong direction' just to see how he/they may react/behave. We now know from the statement issued this evening that they suspect there are two people.

Also the statement regarding Joanna not being sexually assaulted before being strangled is puzzling - does this mean that she may been after death ?

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 3 Jan - 22:05

margaret wrote:
SteveT wrote:If the guilty person was in the flat and removed the pizza/pizza packaging to avoid detection, why did they not take Joannes's keys/purse to confuse matters?

Exactly. I think the police know or have a good idea who the murderer is, they just don't have enough evidence yet. You can rule out an opportunist IMO, must be someone who knows her, meant to kill her and had no inclination for sexual assault first.

I thought that at first, but then why warn other women in the area not to go out alone after dark? Seems like major scaremongering to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 3 Jan - 22:13

[quote="The Famous Grouse"]
margaret wrote:

Exactly. I think the police know or have a good idea who the murderer is, they just don't have enough evidence yet. You can rule out an opportunist IMO, must be someone who knows her, meant to kill her and had no inclination for sexual assault first.[/quote]

I thought that at first, but then why warn other women in the area not to go out alone after dark? Seems like major scaremongering to me.

Who could possibly have a motive for killing her other than a sexual one?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 3 Jan - 22:14

Mr.Jefferies did not help himself by contacting his neighbours and asking them not to repeat his conversations with them as it would "muddy the waters". I think the police wanted him to removed from being able to contact anyone until they had asked questions first to these neighbours and friends.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 3 Jan - 22:20

Marky wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:Now c'mon folks, play nice. The term "nice juicy story" is a pressman's way of saying that that story sells papers. It's used in all sorts of contexts, and for newspapermen everywhere, any unsolved murder with a diverse collection of characters would be a nice juicy story.

In any case, Marky wasn't the first to use that term on here.

OK Grouse, I'm not on about selling newspapers.

We know papers sell, good old tabloid tripe.

So I'll ask you the same question I asked Marky.

What if this woman was your daughter ?

Would you say the same thing ?

Personally i wouldn't say it about anybody's murdered daughter, but if you are going to take Marky to task over it, then you should do the same to any other posters who have also said it. Marky was just quoting somebody else.

and taking them to task grouse, in a nice way i may add. read back a couple pages people you'll see. poppy don't do research. stupidity yes. research, no.

jo yeates - Page 32 25346

Marky was just quoting someone else, as I've pointed out, without using the normal channels - and completely out of context. What could have been his reason?
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 3 Jan - 22:22

Wallflower wrote:
Marky wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:Now c'mon folks, play nice. The term "nice juicy story" is a pressman's way of saying that that story sells papers. It's used in all sorts of contexts, and for newspapermen everywhere, any unsolved murder with a diverse collection of characters would be a nice juicy story.

In any case, Marky wasn't the first to use that term on here.

Personally i wouldn't say it about anybody's murdered daughter, but if you are going to take Marky to task over it, then you should do the same to any other posters who have also said it. Marky was just quoting somebody else.

and taking them to task grouse, in a nice way i may add. read back a couple pages people you'll see. poppy don't do research. stupidity yes. research, no.

Marky was just quoting someone else, as I've pointed out, without using the normal channels - and completely out of context. What could have been his reason?

Wallflower, we have left that behind now. Please stick to the topic.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 3 Jan - 22:27

Good question.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  zodiac Mon 3 Jan - 22:33

Wallflower wrote:

Good question.

I cannot understand why he/she or they would remove her from her flat.

Last edited by zodiac on Mon 3 Jan - 22:42; edited 1 time in total
zodiac
zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 3 Jan - 22:39

I can't see that two people killed her otherwise the body would off been disposed off, properly.

And it would also point to it being planned and it wasn't.

She knew her killer, she a let him/her in.

What's happened to the CCTV cameras they were going to look at?

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 3 Jan - 22:42

Wallflower wrote:

Good question.

Because he or she panicked tho why take the pizza is baffling........unless she got a lift home and left the pizza in the car....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 3 Jan - 22:51

AnnaEsse wrote:
Wallflower wrote:
Marky wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:
POPPY1 wrote:

Wallflower, we have left that behind now. Please stick to the topic.

Oh absolutely Anne Esse, I'd like to move on too. I just thought that Marky would like to explain why he did it, that's all jo yeates - Page 32 678246
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 3 Jan - 22:55

Zodiac,

The only reason I can think that a body would be removed from the flat is if the person had a key and would therefore become a suspect.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 3 Jan - 22:58

zodiac wrote:
Wallflower wrote:

Good question.

I cannot understand why he/she or they would remove her from her flat.

There was speculation on the news that there's a disused quarry (I think) near to where her body was placed. And that may have been where the killer(s) intended to take her. It's possible that the killers thought that there would be some forensic evidence of themselves on her body.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Mon 3 Jan - 23:06

kitti wrote:
Wallflower wrote:

Good question.

Because he or she panicked tho why take the pizza is baffling........unless she got a lift home and left the pizza in the car....

Is it possible that the pizza was eaten and the wrapping was all taken as normal by the refuse collectors?

Autopsy would show up what she'd eaten.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 3 Jan - 23:09

Wallflower,

Yes, the bins had been taken before the police were aware of the crime.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Mon 3 Jan - 23:14

the pizza box could have been burned?in which case it would never be found
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 3 Jan - 23:17

I dot thnk she could off ate all that pizza, it was far too big for one person

Wasnt the scream heard a 9pm or am i mistaken?i
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Mon 3 Jan - 23:21

Kitti,

9 O'clock was my understanding. Can't help thinking that someone else ate some of the pizza and therefore removed all evidence, unaware that there was a video of Joanna buying it.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next