Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy Howson.........killed by her father

2 posters

Go down

Amy Howson.........killed by her father Empty Amy Howson.........killed by her father

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 11:16

James Howson, 25, was found guilty of murdering his daughter Amy earlier this week following a trial at Leeds Crown Court.

A jury heard that Howson held the little girl over his knee and exerted so much pressure it broke her back in two.

The youngster, who was malnourished and dehydrated, had also been slapped and punched in the months leading up to her death.

The court heard harrowing evidence of how little Amy was covered in fractures and bruises from a number of assaults.

Howson, of Nelson Road, Doncaster, had admitted a charge of child cruelty by not seeking medical attention but denied murder.

But the jury of six men and six women took just three-and-a-half hours to convict him.

Howson was also found guilty by the jury of child cruelty by assaulting Amy.

The court was told Howson was looking after the little girl last December because her mother, Tina Hunt, 26, had morning sickness.

At the time of Amy's death, Hunt was 12 weeks pregnant. Howson said it was possible his partner might have been responsible.

Hunt earlier admitted a charge of allowing the death of a child and child cruelty.

Howson and Hunt will be sentenced by Mrs Justice Cox.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Father-Who-Snapped-Daughters-Spine-Sentenced/Article/200810415127627?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_7&lid=ARTICLE_15127627_Father_Who_Snapped_Daughters_Spine_Sentenced

Its heartbreaking Amy Howson.........killed by her father 389741 I am just lost for words
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Amy Howson.........killed by her father Empty Re: Amy Howson.........killed by her father

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 11:26

Amy Howson.........killed by her father 87849 this is terrible. How old was little Amy?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Amy Howson.........killed by her father Empty Re: Amy Howson.........killed by her father

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 11:51

Jennifer wrote:Amy Howson.........killed by her father 87849 this is terrible. How old was little Amy?

16 months old Amy Howson.........killed by her father 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 12:35

This is terrible.

I am so out of touch these days, but would Amy have still been under the care of the Health Visitor or anybody ? In my day these were a formidable bunch of ladies who visited and "advised" whether the mothers wanted it or not. Even I went in fear and trembling of mine.

The man should be locked up for life and the other prisoners allowed to mete out their own brand of justice on him. It's a pity that the woman will probably be treated more sympathetically and will be freed to produce more children in the future.

Last edited by justagrannynow on Fri 24 Oct - 12:38; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 12:37

justagrannynow wrote:This is terrible.

I am so out of touch these days, but would Amy have still been under the care of the Health Visitor or anybody ? In my day these were a formidable bunch of ladies who visited and "advised" whether the mothers wanted it or not. Even I went in fear and trembling of mine.

I am not sure TBH

here in the Netherlands you take your child quite a lot to the health centre uptill they are 5 (I think minimum 3 times per year)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 12:42

Melanie wrote:

I am not sure TBH

here in the Netherlands you take your child quite a lot to the health centre uptill they are 5 (I think minimum 3 times per year)

Thanks Melanie, I edited my OP while you were replying.

My boys were monitored in one way or another until primary school and my grandsons had a health visitor, but they are grown up now and things do change.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Fri 24 Oct - 12:51

Melanie wrote:

I am not sure TBH

here is the following way:

1 per week in the first month

1 per month during the firts year

1 per year until the age of 18

And if you don´t go there, social service visit you

This are the law

But PT don´t have enough social services team and in tlittle places and far from big towns no one will check
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Amy Howson.........killed by her father Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amy Howson.........killed by her father Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 12:56

pm wrote:
Melanie wrote:

I am not sure TBH

here is the following way:

1 per week in the first month

1 per month during the firts year

1 per year until the age of 18

And if you don´t go there, social service visit you

This are the law

But PT don´t have enough social services team and in tlittle places and far from big towns no one will check

Paula its like that here, if you dont attend you get a reminder letter and another appt and if you dont attend that you get a visit. If you are not in then you get reported to the authorities its very very strict and like that until they leave school at 18

My daughter was naughty at 14 at school leaving lessons when she shouldnt and we paid a fine and had to visit the county I felt badddd so baddd that my daughter didnt do it again lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 14:48

Paula and Melanie, it sounds so much better for childcare where you are living. Here I think health visits are very lax - they are far too easy on 'troubled families' and i think far more people get away with treating their children like crap.

This is a terrible story....but I fear, like Justagran pointed out, this woman will be able to produce more children in the future.
She should have been made to have her womb removed, she doesn;t deserve children.

RIP Amy x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Fri 24 Oct - 14:53

eddie wrote:Paula and Melanie, it sounds so much better for childcare where you are living. Here I think health visits are very lax - they are far too easy on 'troubled families' and i think far more people get away with treating their children like crap.

This is a terrible story....but I fear, like Justagran pointed out, this woman will be able to produce more children in the future.
She should have been made to have her womb removed, she doesn;t deserve children.

RIP Amy x

Eddie

All medical visits, the doctors saw all body of Ana

All of it

the fist time, when i saw for where they were looking, i became very mad and told to the doctor, what you think i did to my little baby?

she answer me: i don´t know you and i care for your baby!

After, more calm, i understood and i think they must do that checks!

is for the safety of the kids and is a way to control abuses!
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Amy Howson.........killed by her father Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amy Howson.........killed by her father Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 15:23

pm wrote:
eddie wrote:Paula and Melanie, it sounds so much better for childcare where you are living. Here I think health visits are very lax - they are far too easy on 'troubled families' and i think far more people get away with treating their children like crap.

RIP Amy x

Eddie

All medical visits, the doctors saw all body of Ana

All of it

the fist time, when i saw for where they were looking, i became very mad and told to the doctor, what you think i did to my little baby?

she answer me: i don´t know you and i care for your baby!

After, more calm, i understood and i think they must do that checks!

is for the safety of the kids and is a way to control abuses!

I think the doctor was right to check Ana over like that Paula. it's better to be over-cautious than not bothered. At least this way more babies are looked at properly and checked for abuse. If you had been a 'bad' mother/abuser then Ana would've been taken away and been luckier than the little girl in this story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 15:45

I think most mothers would see that it is only by checking out all children that the ones who are being ill treated can be discovered. Once they know the reason they are only too willing to co-operate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Fri 24 Oct - 15:59

I've read 2 lines....cant do anymore!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 16:55

It's been on sky news. The man has been jailed for 22 years.

The mother got 12 months suspended.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 21:31

justagrannynow wrote:It's been on sky news. The man has been jailed for 22 years.

I hope he gets bent over and has his spine snapped! B******!!!!! Scumbag!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 24 Oct - 21:46

eddie wrote:
justagrannynow wrote:It's been on sky news. The man has been jailed for 22 years.

I hope he gets bent over and has his spine snapped! B******!!!!! Scumbag!

i second that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Oct - 6:44

But how long before the mother is bringing more innocent victims into the world ?
If she has no respect for herself and is willing to be used in return for what she sees as "love", fair enough, but her babies should not have to pay the price.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Oct - 7:01

How I would love to putin a room alone with this man...and with all child murderers and abusers... Amy Howson.........killed by her father 371436
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Oct - 12:25

Social workers were denied access to Amy 5 times. In my opinion parents/carers have something if hide if they fail to allow access. If it was me I would have a applied for a Child Assessment Order, the parents would have been required to produce Amy for an assessment so therefore her abuse would have been identified and her death prevented. Refusal of access would have also justified an application for an Emergency Protection Order, in this instance the child would be taken to a place of safety for 72 hrs. Not good enough yet again Amy Howson.........killed by her father 36898

Rest in Peace little Amy x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 13 Nov - 20:11

Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 15 Nov - 12:13

By ALASTAIR TAYLOR

Published: 09 Oct 2008
TRAGIC tot Amy Howson was battered to death and had her spine SNAPPED in two by her brutal dad – after being starved, a court heard today.

Amy had more than 40 injuries, including seven other fractures, over her shattered body – some of them eight weeks old.

The tormented tot also suffered “deprivation of food and water” and when she died from her injuries aged just SIXTEEN MONTHS she weighed the same as she did at the age of SIX MONTHS.

Amy Howson.........killed by her father Howson10
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Amy Howson.........killed by her father Empty The face of the bastard who killed his daughter

Post  Susan Sat 15 Nov - 12:25

Amy Howson.........killed by her father Article-1079484-0232301E000005DC-194_233x399
Guilty of murder: James Howson snapped his baby daughter's back in two

And this is the sick bitch who let him do it.

Amy Howson.........killed by her father Article-1079484-02F3876400000578-812_233x423
Tina Hunt admitted allowing the death of a child and one offence of cruelty
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Sat 15 Nov - 12:33

Dad jailed for snapping tot's spine

A father who murdered his 16-month-old daughter by snapping her spine after months of abuse has been jailed for life.

James Howson, 25, was told he will serve a minimum sentence of 22 years

Amy's mother, Tina Hunt, was given a 12-month suspended sentence after admitting allowing the death of a child and child cruelty.

Sentencing him at Leeds Crown Court, judge Mrs Justice Cox, recounted More.. how the defendant placed his daughter over his knee or other object and broke her back at their home while he was looking after her. He then sat with her body until the morning.

The judge said: "This was, in my view, a chilling and brutal attack.

"The bone was completely dislocated, resulting in spinal shock, rapid unconsciousness - mercifully - and to death."

She went on: "The jury was satisfied, on the clearest of evidence, that it was you who deliberately inflicted truly horrific injuries upon your defenseless little daughter, Amy, from which she died within a few hours."

The judge also detailed the other occasions in the weeks leading up to the murder in December last year when Howson "cruelly and deliberately assaulted Amy", leaving her with multiple fractures to her arms and legs.

Howson showed no emotion as he was led from the dock.

The judge said to him: "I have not seen the slightest evidence of remorse from you for what you did."

The court heard how Howson had a troubled history and had been violent towards women when he was young yet had no previous convictions.

Adrian Waterman QC, defending, told the court how, when Howson was expelled from school as a teenager, a teacher noted in a report: "This boy will commit a murder before too long. I've never seen a such a disturbed young man."

Hunt admitted the child cruelty charge on the basis that she did nothing to alert the authorities to her daughter's plight.

But the judge told her "level of culpability falls at the lowest end of the scale" after hearing how Howson completely dominated her and was often violent.

She said Hunt was also in the lowest 1 per cent band of intelligence and that she had to balance the protection of children against the "pressures on immature and inadequate parents"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2b4_1224885366

Good heavens! You have to watch the mother on video walking out of court....and Amys grandfather is totally sick...doesnt blame his daughter at all!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 0:30

Amy Howson.........killed by her father 389741 My God!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down