Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

On Sky News this morning

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On Sky News this morning

Post  Bobsy on Sat 11 Jun - 10:22

avatar
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  almostgothic on Sat 11 Jun - 10:38

Thanks for that, Bobsy!

Well, well, well.
Oh dear, oh dear!
Much consternation and bed bashing this morning at Rothley, eh?
How long I wonder before Sky News gets a 'furious' phone call?
avatar
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  kitti on Sat 11 Jun - 10:41

Well it certainly won't be the bishop that Kate will be bashing this morning!
avatar
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Age : 107
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  almostgothic on Sat 11 Jun - 10:43

kitti wrote:Well it certainly won't be the bishop that Kate will be bashing this morning!

avatar
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Angelique on Sat 11 Jun - 10:48

Morning Bobsy

This certainly is not a good sign is it. I wonder why Sky (Murdoch) is writing the 'script' like this - normally it would have a bias the other way.
avatar
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Bobsy on Sat 11 Jun - 11:02

Angelique wrote:Morning Bobsy

This certainly is not a good sign is it. I wonder why Sky (Murdoch) is writing the 'script' like this - normally it would have a bias the other way.

Well it certainly isn't a good sign for the saintly pair having the case of their missing daughter being linked with the Cayley case. When I saw it I was stunned and turned to OH and said "am I really seeing and hearing this"? And he confirmed it, yes I was.
Now there has been another few seconds with a shot of the mother going into the court room and the news reader said they would be reporting about it, but nothing more.
avatar
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  pennylane on Sat 11 Jun - 11:09

It looks as if similar stories will become more and more 'hurtful and unhelpful' to the gruesome twosome's façade. How many times can Sky News et al, continue to slag off the expertise of cadaver dogs, when there's a mountain of evidence showing how amazing and specific these dogs are.

I DO HOPE SCOTLAND YARD IS PAYING CLOSE ATTENTION:



avatar
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Oldartform on Sat 11 Jun - 13:58

My guess is that the news editor on the early shift this morning sneaked this in - every news item doesn`t get vetted by Murdoch surely, especially in the early hours. Maybe not the usual staff at Sky news and bank staff brought in to collate the news, especially over a Friday night/Saturday morning shift. Its not really something the McCanns can sue Sky news for as it is the truth - the Anthony case does have similarities to the McCanns.
avatar
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  marxman on Sat 11 Jun - 15:08

almostgothic wrote:
kitti wrote:Well it certainly won't be the bishop that Kate will be bashing this morning!


Do you think Gerry will be vigeriously polishing the banister rail?
avatar
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Bobsy on Sat 11 Jun - 15:26

Oldartform wrote:My guess is that the news editor on the early shift this morning sneaked this in - every news item doesn`t get vetted by Murdoch surely, especially in the early hours. Maybe not the usual staff at Sky news and bank staff brought in to collate the news, especially over a Friday night/Saturday morning shift. Its not really something the McCanns can sue Sky news for as it is the truth - the Anthony case does have similarities to the McCanns.

Hi Oldartform, it wasn't exactly early when I saw it was about 9 ish whilst having a late leisurely breakfast And this hasn't been on since, not as we saw it anyway.
Since there was just a quick video of the mother in court and the newsreader said they would return to it. But I have not seen any return in the same detail as the showing I saw.
The first version I saw went into detail about where the body was found, this was the back garden, a swimming pool and a wooded area.
The newsreader connected it to similarities/resemblances, cannot recall the exact word, of the McCann case of a child that was reported as being abducted, but not recovered. There was also mention of findings in the family car.
Then that has been it as far as I have seen. Nothing since so is it whooshed?
No picture of Madeleine, just her name.

avatar
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Angelique on Sat 11 Jun - 15:31

Bobsy wrote:
Oldartform wrote:My guess is that the news editor on the early shift this morning sneaked this in - every news item doesn`t get vetted by Murdoch surely, especially in the early hours. Maybe not the usual staff at Sky news and bank staff brought in to collate the news, especially over a Friday night/Saturday morning shift. Its not really something the McCanns can sue Sky news for as it is the truth - the Anthony case does have similarities to the McCanns.

Hi Oldartform, it wasn't exactly early when I saw it was about 9 ish whilst having a late leisurely breakfast And this hasn't been on since, not as we saw it anyway.
Since there was just a quick video of the mother in court and the newsreader said they would return to it. But I have not seen any return in the same detail as the showing I saw.
The first version I saw went into detail about where the body was found, this was the back garden, a swimming pool and a wooded area.
The newsreader connected it to similarities/resemblances, cannot recall the exact word, of the McCann case of a child that was reported as being abducted, but not recovered. There was also mention of findings in the family car.
Then that has been it as far as I have seen. Nothing since so is it whooshed?
No picture of Madeleine, just her name.


Yes I can see why the connection was made. When I say its unusual for Sky because Murdoch Empire leans the other way - I didn't mean he checks everything little thing - just that the "house bias" wasn't switched on this morning and as Bobsy says - it slipped through. Just like the report I heard on sky when the Kelly Inquest request was described by a reporter "abduction or murder" - I think someone is letting them through.
avatar
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Bobsy on Sat 11 Jun - 15:38

Angelique wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
Oldartform wrote:My guess is that the news editor on the early shift this morning sneaked this in - every news item doesn`t get vetted by Murdoch surely, especially in the early hours. Maybe not the usual staff at Sky news and bank staff brought in to collate the news, especially over a Friday night/Saturday morning shift. Its not really something the McCanns can sue Sky news for as it is the truth - the Anthony case does have similarities to the McCanns.

Hi Oldartform, it wasn't exactly early when I saw it was about 9 ish whilst having a late leisurely breakfast And this hasn't been on since, not as we saw it anyway.
Since there was just a quick video of the mother in court and the newsreader said they would return to it. But I have not seen any return in the same detail as the showing I saw.
The first version I saw went into detail about where the body was found, this was the back garden, a swimming pool and a wooded area.
The newsreader connected it to similarities/resemblances, cannot recall the exact word, of the McCann case of a child that was reported as being abducted, but not recovered. There was also mention of findings in the family car.
Then that has been it as far as I have seen. Nothing since so is it whooshed?
No picture of Madeleine, just her name.


Yes I can see why the connection was made. When I say its unusual for Sky because Murdoch Empire leans the other way - I didn't mean he checks everything little thing - just that the "house bias" wasn't switched on this morning and as Bobsy says - it slipped through. Just like the report I heard on sky when the Kelly Inquest request was described by a reporter "abduction or murder" - I think someone is letting them through.

Hello Angelique, I just hope that people saw this brief report and it made them go "What"?????? and if they can look further than the garbage that is spoon fed as a daily pap.
avatar
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Autumn on Sat 11 Jun - 15:38

Thanks Bobsy

I think the McCs will be rushing out to buy bulk supplies of Diocalm after hearing that

Theres no doubt since Kate's book that people are more suspicious about them. Good to see the dogs great work mentioned and think many will be struck by the similarities of these cases.
avatar
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Wintabells on Sat 11 Jun - 18:41

I'm a bit confused. If chloroform is present in the human decomposition process, would a cadaver dog alert to chloroform? Could Eddie have alerted to the scent of Chloroform for example?

Secondly, this interested me, given the mention of cleaning an unidentified brown stain:

It is used to make coolants, as a fumigant for grain, and as a dry cleaning spot remover.

http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/eh/chemfs/fs/chloroform.htm

avatar
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1330
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  widowan on Sat 11 Jun - 18:42

Casey Anthony makes Kate look like the Virgin of Luz, even before Caylee's remains were found Casey had made herself look like a cold blooded killer, it only took the police 2 days to accuse her of just that.

She didn't report her child missing for 31 days and even then did not report it herself, that was done by her frantic mother. That is key for homicide, the child isn't reported missing and MM was.

Casey was out partying every night and got a Bella Vita tattoo after her nearly 3 year old was grabbed by the swarthy abductor - or drowned in the family pool depending on which story of hers you believe. She didn't run around frantically trying to get people to search.

A body was found and horribly so. A whole lot of evidence came out with that of the objects dumped with her, including a syringe with traces of chloroform, her blanket, trash bags and laundry bag from the house they lived in. So all of that is different, at least up to now.

She has now said the baby drowned and she knew Caylee was dead all along of course regardless if she murdered her or "found her dead of an accident by sedation" or she did drown - but allowed people to go on searching, kept her family in suspense, we can't know if that is a parallel, but if it were, that is very bad. The hiding of the body and failure to call it in is one of the three red flags for it to be a homicide according to the Chief ME.

The parallels to me seem to be that the cadaver dogs hit on the car and that the little girl was allegedly abducted but mother was suspected though they don't seem to dwell on that bit here.

Caylee went missing June 16 2008, about a year after Madeleine. While it wasn't big news here it did make the news. I can imagine Casey might have borrowed the abductor bit from seeing them use this story, however, that is not uncommon for parents who kill. Zahra Bakers parents used it, Susan Smith, Scott Peterson. It's not common for a parent of a child who died accidentally to not call it in in fact in 100% of cases they researched the accidental death of a child IS called in to 911 unless there is a good reason not to.

avatar
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Autumn on Sat 11 Jun - 18:48



Casey Anthony makes Kate look like the Virgin of Luz, even before Caylee's remains were found Casey had made herself look like a cold blooded killer, it only took the police 2 days to accuse her of just that.

Without knowing how Madeleine met her fate or Kate's role in her daughter's disappearance, we cannot say if she is worse, better, or the same as Casey Anthony.
avatar
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  widowan on Sat 11 Jun - 19:03

Autumn wrote:

Casey Anthony makes Kate look like the Virgin of Luz, even before Caylee's remains were found Casey had made herself look like a cold blooded killer, it only took the police 2 days to accuse her of just that.

Without knowing how Madeleine met her fate or Kate's role in her daughter's disappearance, we cannot say if she is worse, better, or the same as Casey Anthony.

True. I said Casey makes her LOOK better, not that she is better. Certainly it was Casey's behavior after the child went missing that was the big indicator of her as cold blooded killer - the not calling in of the police early, the joyful partying after finding her child dead, etc. Casey was obviously attended by a well known track history of the kinds of sociopathic behavior that are well documented, the promiscuity, the egregious lying, risk taking, thefts...
avatar
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Wintabells on Sat 11 Jun - 19:05

No takers for my earlier post about cadaver dogs, chloroform and dry stain removal?
avatar
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1330
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Guest on Sat 11 Jun - 19:05

I can't see any reference to the McCanns in the linked article in OP - has it been edited out? Does anyone have a screenshot of the original??
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Autumn on Sat 11 Jun - 19:09

carmen wrote:I can't see any reference to the McCanns in the linked article in OP - has it been edited out? Does anyone have a screenshot of the original??

Go to the link and its on the video - no mention of it in the article.
avatar
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  widowan on Sat 11 Jun - 19:11

Wintabells wrote:I'm a bit confused. If chloroform is present in the human decomposition process, would a cadaver dog alert to chloroform? Could Eddie have alerted to the scent of Chloroform for example?

Secondly, this interested me, given the mention of cleaning an unidentified brown stain:

It is used to make coolants, as a fumigant for grain, and as a dry cleaning spot remover.

http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/eh/chemfs/fs/chloroform.htm


Chloroform is also present in household cleaning supplies and the dogs don't alert to those when at the dump. All those bottles of Febreeze and Windex and Chlorox with a bit left at the bottom... or the anti freeze bottles...

What are you getting at, that Kate used Chloroform to remove the stain on Maddie's pj top?

Or that the stain WAS chloroform?

An abductor could have come in and tried to drug her the night before? And she didn't remember this and passed it off with the where were you when we cried comment and Kate as an anesthesiologist would not recognize the odor?

The other thing about the dogs was that the one in Caylee Anthony case said the dog could alert to a drop of human blood that was from a live person and decomposing on the ground. However he also said that in all cases but this ONE where the dogs alerted they did have a "find."
avatar
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Autumn on Sat 11 Jun - 19:13

widowan wrote:
Autumn wrote:

Casey Anthony makes Kate look like the Virgin of Luz, even before Caylee's remains were found Casey had made herself look like a cold blooded killer, it only took the police 2 days to accuse her of just that.

Without knowing how Madeleine met her fate or Kate's role in her daughter's disappearance, we cannot say if she is worse, better, or the same as Casey Anthony.

True. I said Casey makes her LOOK better, not that she is better. Certainly it was Casey's behavior after the child went missing that was the big indicator of her as cold blooded killer - the not calling in of the police early, the joyful partying after finding her child dead, etc. Casey was obviously attended by a well known track history of the kinds of sociopathic behavior that are well documented, the promiscuity, the egregious lying, risk taking, thefts...

Yep I take your point. But take another look at the photos of the McCs laughing and looking so relaxed in the days immediatly following Madeleine's disappearance - apart from the coming out the church birthday pics there are many others.
avatar
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Guest on Sat 11 Jun - 19:28

Autumn wrote:
carmen wrote:I can't see any reference to the McCanns in the linked article in OP - has it been edited out? Does anyone have a screenshot of the original??

Go to the link and its on the video - no mention of it in the article.

Thanks Autumn - I thought all of the images were stills, hadn't spotted the video (duh!).

Here's a transcript of that reference (between 0:10 to 0:35)

It’s for seats in an Orlando courtroom for the trial of this young mother, accused of using sticky tape to suffocate her two year old daughter Caylee and then concocting a story that she’d been abducted by her nanny. The girl’s disappearance in 2008 was likened to the Madeleine McCann case, that prompted a nationwide search. During the hunt her grandparents were rarely off television, believing their daughter’s story.

Robert Nisbitt, Sky News, Washington

I didn't hear any other reference to McCanns.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Wintabells on Sat 11 Jun - 19:30

widowan wrote:

Chloroform is also present in household cleaning supplies and the dogs don't alert to those when at the dump. All those bottles of Febreeze and Windex and Chlorox with a bit left at the bottom... or the anti freeze bottles...

What are you getting at, that Kate used Chloroform to remove the stain on Maddie's pj top?

Or that the stain WAS chloroform?

An abductor could have come in and tried to drug her the night before? And she didn't remember this and passed it off with the where were you when we cried comment and Kate as an anesthesiologist would not recognize the odor?

The other thing about the dogs was that the one in Caylee Anthony case said the dog could alert to a drop of human blood that was from a live person and decomposing on the ground. However he also said that in all cases but this ONE where the dogs alerted they did have a "find."

Take your point about household cleaning products and dogs.

No, I'm suggesting that given chloroform can have an 'innocent' use, the 'tea stain' explanation could be a cover for the presence of chloroform (used to sedate or whatever...)
avatar
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1330
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  widowan on Sat 11 Jun - 19:45

Autumn wrote:
widowan wrote:
Autumn wrote:

Casey Anthony makes Kate look like the Virgin of Luz, even before Caylee's remains were found Casey had made herself look like a cold blooded killer, it only took the police 2 days to accuse her of just that.

Without knowing how Madeleine met her fate or Kate's role in her daughter's disappearance, we cannot say if she is worse, better, or the same as Casey Anthony.

True. I said Casey makes her LOOK better, not that she is better. Certainly it was Casey's behavior after the child went missing that was the big indicator of her as cold blooded killer - the not calling in of the police early, the joyful partying after finding her child dead, etc. Casey was obviously attended by a well known track history of the kinds of sociopathic behavior that are well documented, the promiscuity, the egregious lying, risk taking, thefts...

Yep I take your point. But take another look at the photos of the McCs laughing and looking so relaxed in the days immediatly following Madeleine's disappearance - apart from the coming out the church birthday pics there are many others.

Yes they did manage to get in the odd haircut and run and the odd posing on the rocks looking casual and at peace, the odd walk on the beach giggling into Cuddle Cat, the glass ( or bottle) of (free) vino, the odd guffaws and grins holding up their missing child's face on a t shirt, or on her bday at church etc, didn't they.

They say a sociopath feels better after they have removed the person who threatens their mask. But I can see what threat Caylee posed to Casey - she was a ball and chain around her neck, unwanted, and a battle ground between Casey and her mom. Part of Casey's mask - to keep her from being a total lying little skank and useless wastrel was her mothering of Caylee. Despite how she lied and stole and went from one bed to the next she was a good mother to Caylee which her friends had examples of, although at the time I can only recall one specific one which was her keeping Caylee away from people when they were smoking.

Having her mom rip Caylee away from her on the grounds of being unfit would not be a good thing for her nor would having to spend the next 16 years parenting - at SOME point even her enabling parents were going to say "you know what we have supported YOU for long enough, it's obvious you have no job or if you do you arne't giving us any help on Caylee's or your own bills, get a job and step up to your responsibilities, you leech" and at that point she'd be tied to a day job and to forking over money to them rather than stealing thousands off her mom's credit cards.

But I can't quite make that leap with Kate. She wanted to be a mom, what mask of a sociopath would Maddie be threatening? By most accounts Maddie was a darling and they were proud of her, how cute, smart, special etc. I don't get the premeditated vibe here although of course as a doctor Kate would not need to google sedatives to see how they work and would be well able to get them and not have to make home made chloroform if she wanted her kids to sleep.

I didn't see any real connection to the Anthony story in this article other than the one Carmen points out which is damning enough just that it likens the two cases - although here they seem to be referring to the likeness of it spurring a nation wide search. It seems to me that that comment came in when they were showing the cadaver dogs or just before, which does present a less friendly comparison. Both cars were alerted to by the dogs, in one case a body was later found and the mother is now on trial for her life.

avatar
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: On Sky News this morning

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum