Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011.

+7
Keela
Panda
almostgothic
ali1966
kitti
tanszi
malena stool
11 posters

Go down

Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. Empty Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011.

Post  malena stool Thu 7 Jul - 17:36

Mods please move to most appropriare Phone Hacking thread.

http://search.aol.co.uk/aol/search?s_it=tb50-ie-aol-newtab-en-uk&q=this is leicester

McCann spokesman to discuss phone hacking
Thursday, July 07, 2011 Leicester Mercury
Follow.Kate and Gerry McCann's spokesman Clarence Mitchell is to be interviewed a second time by police investigating alleged phone hacking by journalists.

Mr Mitchell says it is possible he was a victim of illegal attempts to access his mobile phone messages during the height of the case involving the McCanns' missing daughter, Madeleine.

He has already spoken once to detectives before allegations that reporters from the News of the World hacked into several phone accounts, including that of murdered schoolgirl Millie Dowler, emerged this week.

Mr Mitchell discovered suspicious activity on his account in February and July, 2008, after asking Vodafone to examine his records late last year.

He said there was no indication that the phone accounts of the McCanns, from Rothley, had been hacked.

He said: "There has been no suspicion that they have been affected though something may emerge in the future.

"I have already spoken to officers in relation to my account to this and expect to do so in the near future.

"I am not pointing the finger at anyone, but at the time the story was front page fodder so it is possible journalists were involved.

"We were not naive. At that time, we knew it was a possibility that this was going on so we were always careful about what we said in messages.

"If, and it is an if, my phone was hacked, then it is a breach of my privacy and potentially something that could have had a harmful affect on the search for Madeleine.

"It that proves to be the case I will look at taking this down legal channels as other victims have."

Prime Minister David Cameron has promised a public inquiry into the affair once the police inquiry is complete.
Unquote

Mitchell is hedging his bets as per usual... what could "possibly emerge in the future"? either their phones were or weren't hacked and what could be found if they had erased all messages?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. Empty Re: Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011.

Post  tanszi Thu 7 Jul - 18:49

perhaps he knew of people who were hacking others phones.... that could be the something in the future remind me who else he worked for... the Government, Gordon Brown, then the McCs then some PR Group owned by someone related to Murdoch then the worked for David Cameron who is he working for now. Wasnt he a reporter on the case of Holly and Jessica?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 7 Jul - 21:46

In other words, he's keeping his options open...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Fri 8 Jul - 10:00

We were not naive. At that time, we knew it was a possibility that this was going on so we were always careful about what we said in messages.

Nothing to hide then clarrie!
meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 75
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 8 Jul - 10:05

And nothing to see, people, so move along please!

Just the McMucks trying to jump on the latest band wagon, to keep themselves in the news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ali1966 Fri 8 Jul - 10:18

Iris wrote:And nothing to see, people, so move along please!

Just the McMucks trying to jump on the latest band wagon, to keep themselves in the news.

Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. 307691
ali1966
ali1966
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 8 Jul - 11:12

So the phone hacking is the latest star the McCanns have hitched their wagon to. What will be the next. Any ideas anyone? This couple make me thoroughly sick, anything to keep their pathetic selves in the spotlight.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 8 Jul - 11:20

And of course, it gives them an ideal opportunity to present themselves as victims once again.

Poor us.
As if we haven't suffered enough ...
Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. 389741
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 8 Jul - 11:40

The McCanns are no longer desperate Parents searching for their missing Daughter they are Celebrities determined to keep their names in the Press, not
to remind readers to keep searching but to feed their egos like facebook or twitter, whichever one it is . I feel very sorry for the Twins who have to be
reminded of their Sister in the press and on T.V......when are the Mccanns going to pay attention to THEIR needs.???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Fri 8 Jul - 13:06

Panda wrote:

The McCanns are no longer desperate Parents searching for their missing Daughter they are Celebrities determined to keep their names in the Press, not
to remind readers to keep searching but to feed their egos like facebook or twitter, whichever one it is . I feel very sorry for the Twins who have to be
reminded of their Sister in the press and on T.V......when are the Mccanns going to pay attention to THEIR needs.???

Never, after all they are old enough now ( and have been for a long time) to look after themselves and their needs.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Fri 8 Jul - 14:01

malena stool wrote:Mods please move to most appropriare Phone Hacking thread.

http://search.aol.co.uk/aol/search?s_it=tb50-ie-aol-newtab-en-uk&q=this is leicester

McCann spokesman to discuss phone hacking
Thursday, July 07, 2011 Leicester Mercury
Follow.Kate and Gerry McCann's spokesman Clarence Mitchell is to be interviewed a second time by police investigating alleged phone hacking by journalists.

Mr Mitchell says it is possible he was a victim of illegal attempts to access his mobile phone messages during the height of the case involving the McCanns' missing daughter, Madeleine.

He has already spoken once to detectives before allegations that reporters from the News of the World hacked into several phone accounts, including that of murdered schoolgirl Millie Dowler, emerged this week.

Mr Mitchell discovered suspicious activity on his account in February and July, 2008, after asking Vodafone to examine his records late last year.

He said there was no indication that the phone accounts of the McCanns, from Rothley, had been hacked.

He said: "There has been no suspicion that they have been affected though something may emerge in the future.

"I have already spoken to officers in relation to my account to this and expect to do so in the near future.

"I am not pointing the finger at anyone, but at the time the story was front page fodder so it is possible journalists were involved.

"We were not naive. At that time, we knew it was a possibility that this was going on so we were always careful about what we said in messages.

"If, and it is an if, my phone was hacked, then it is a breach of my privacy and potentially something that could have had a harmful affect on the search for Madeleine.

"It that proves to be the case I will look at taking this down legal channels as other victims have."

Prime Minister David Cameron has promised a public inquiry into the affair once the police inquiry is complete.
Unquote

Mitchell is hedging his bets as per usual... what could "possibly emerge in the future"? either their phones were or weren't hacked and what could be found if they had erased all messages?

Mitchell imo should be very careful, and so should the Mcs, its no good them trying to jump on the bandwagon, imo if the Murdochs were seen to be helping the Mcs stay off the front pages, then why would they stick their size 10's in at this present moment, FOOLS!!!!...........Watch your backs Mitchell and McCanns.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Sat 9 Jul - 1:37

I actually think the Mccanns have jumped on pretty quick to say they haven't been hacked - 4000 people have been hacked and they were one of the main stories of the decade IMO they are worried about what the NOW might have on them so by declaring they haven't been hacked preempts anything that might come out as false

meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  isar Sat 9 Jul - 1:58

meg wrote:I actually think the Mccanns have jumped on pretty quick to say they haven't been hacked - 4000 people have been hacked and they were one of the main stories of the decade IMO they are worried about what the NOW might have on them so by declaring they haven't been hacked preempts anything that might come out as false

4000 peeps having been hacked

do you know this as fact ?

or have you just copied/pasted this from fluffy media reports ?

suggestion: if you're not sure about FACTS..precede your assumptions with...estimated/alleged/roughly/calculated at ----- etc.

This might be a talking shop only - but it ought to aim to stick to factual information

IMHO
isar
isar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 78
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Sat 9 Jul - 2:08

True it's late and i forgot to put 4000 have allegedly

Whatever the number it's a lot and they were one of the main stories of the decade
meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  isar Sat 9 Jul - 2:11

meg wrote:True it's late and i forgot to put 4000 have allegedly

Whatever the number it's a lot and they were one of the main stories of the decade

there were a lot..that much is fair to assume 8 - )
isar
isar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 78
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 9 Jul - 7:10

isar wrote:
meg wrote:I actually think the Mccanns have jumped on pretty quick to say they haven't been hacked - 4000 people have been hacked and they were one of the main stories of the decade IMO they are worried about what the NOW might have on them so by declaring they haven't been hacked preempts anything that might come out as false

4000 peeps having been hacked

do you know this as fact ?

or have you just copied/pasted this from fluffy media reports ?

suggestion: if you're not sure about FACTS..precede your assumptions with...estimated/alleged/roughly/calculated at ----- etc.

This might be a talking shop only - but it ought to aim to stick to factual information

IMHO
Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. 291673 to yo both god i post stuff all the time without alleged Leicester Mercury 7 July 2011. 23324
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down