Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the future for News International??

+16
Badboy
marxman
Chris
almostgothic
Angelique
chrissie
Lioned
margaret
meg
kitti
pennylane
Annabel
docmac
whatsupdoc
Carolina
blossom45
20 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

And the future for News International?? - Page 6 Empty Re: And the future for News International??

Post  chrissie Fri 15 Jul - 16:28

@TimGatt Tim Gatt
BREAK Rupert Murdoch meeting Milly Dowler's family in a hotel in central London (organised by Mark Lewis, the family's lawyer)
5 minutes ago via web
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
And the future for News International?? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100And the future for News International?? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

And the future for News International?? - Page 6 Empty Re: And the future for News International??

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 16:30

chrissie wrote:Rupert's apology:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/07/serious-wrongdoing-news-world

The advert that will appear in newspapers tomorrow is below:

The News of the World was in the business of holding others to account.

It failed when it came to itself.

We are sorry for the serious wrongdoing that occurred.

We are deeply sorry for the hurt suffered by the individuals affected.

We regret not acting faster to sort things out.

I realise that simply apologising is not enough.

Our business was founded on the idea that a free and open press should be a positive force in society. We need to live up to this.

In the coming days, as we take further concrete steps to resolve these issues and make amends for the damage they have caused, you will hear more from us.

I wonder why he does not make amends and apologise to those who were hurt -all the EMPLOYEES of NOTW who were NOT engaged in setting nor actioning these disgraceful policies - his "sorting things out" was nothing more than knee jerk Cover Your Arse decision to close the paper to try to save News Int. and it did not work in saving Rebekah although there are now hundreds of people jobless.

I want to see them get to the bottom of the fake stories that started with a lying headline, lied all the way through and then finished up with a conclusion that merely pointed in the direction that the editors wanted.

It's not just the hacking it's the attempt to manipulate the news and influence people with lies. that's propaganda.

hearing Murdoch speak of free and open press makes me want to hurl.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
And the future for News International?? - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100And the future for News International?? - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 16:32

chrissie wrote: @TimGatt Tim Gatt
BREAK Rupert Murdoch meeting Milly Dowler's family in a hotel in central London (organised by Mark Lewis, the family's lawyer)
5 minutes ago via web

Hope they are suitably impressed the great man has deigned to see them, after hiring someone to hack their child's email.

Now, money will change hands and Dowlers will say that they greet with positivity the new direction ... not that they are on the take, it's just how it works. Of course if he's really there to apologize and not shut them up maybe you can teach an old dog a new trick.

He's a wiley one.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

And the future for News International?? - Page 6 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Fri 15 Jul - 16:37

He,s a manipulating asshole if he,s trying to court the public with this cynical move good luck to him all this is is a damage limitation move now they realise at last the sort of dog do they,re in.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 15 Jul - 17:24

Meeting the Dowlers should have been his FIRST priority when he flew over here, instead of smarming over the Ginger Witch and taking her to dinner.
It's only now that the senile despot has realised what a huge pile of sh*t he's in that he condescends to engineer this meeting.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 15 Jul - 18:10

I think Mudoch is trying to claw his way back by meeting the Dowlers.

If it was me I would refuse. How can you apologise for something you cannot redeem. It's all disgusting - if he had to apologise to all the people who have been affected he would never manage it - he wouldn't live that long. He's the lowest of the low.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 18:46

almostgothic wrote:Meeting the Dowlers should have been his FIRST priority when he flew over here, instead of smarming over the Ginger Witch and taking her to dinner.
It's only now that the senile despot has realised what a huge pile of sh*t he's in that he condescends to engineer this meeting.

You always did have a way with words almostgothic! And the future for News International?? - Page 6 944533

couldn't have put it better!
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 18:50

halfamo wrote:He,s a manipulating asshole if he,s trying to court the public with this cynical move good luck to him all this is is a damage limitation move now they realise at last the sort of dog do they,re in.

Just saw "Horrible Bosses" last night - Jennifer Anniston, Kevin Spacey and I forget who the other one was, but seems like News Int could have its own movie along these lines never having to leave the house. You have the manic, totally unprincipled coke head who inherits a chemical company from his father whose funeral he does not even attend, the manipulative, lying aggressive @sshole CEO, and the wh*re -

Someone's got to draw a parallel at some point. Might as well be me.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 15 Jul - 19:03

Thank you widowan - when I get angry, the words just come tumbling out!
I despise those who only say sorry as an afterthought, or when some PR guy has to whisper in someone's ear that it would be in his best interests to apologise.
In NO way is this sincere, and I hope the victims don't fall for it - grrrr!

Btw - I LOVE Kevin Spacey. What a timely movie!

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 19:09

almostgothic wrote:Thank you widowan - when I get angry, the words just come tumbling out!
I despise those who only say sorry as an afterthought, or when some PR guy has to whisper in someone's ear that it would be in his best interests to apologise.

still chuckling over senile despot and ginger Witch - thank you for my first good laugh of the day. I love red heads BYW. Just not that one.

The best part of Horrible Bosses or the part that had me laughing the most was the bit after they roll the credits - outtakes? hilarious.

Maybe that will be the case here too...

The unemployed staff of NOTW should run, not walk, to file an improper termination suit against Murdoch and company.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 15 Jul - 19:23

I love redheads too!

But it's no good Brooks cultivating that pre-Raphaelite look when she hasn't got the heart or the soul to go with it.

Lizzie Siddal she ain't ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 15 Jul - 19:54

almostgothic wrote:I love redheads too!

But it's no good Brooks cultivating that pre-Raphaelite look when she hasn't got the heart or the soul to go with it.

According to a tweet, Piers Morgan loved red heads too!!
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 20:08

good point.

I didn't think she looked pre-Raphaelite as much as a transgender stweardess on a flight I was on from Moscow to Kazakhstan.

Not hard to believe she beat up her husband. !
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 20:10

marxman wrote:

Piers and his wife

http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabies/news/source-piers-morgan-wife-expecting-first-child-together-201156

She must be so proud.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 15 Jul - 20:28

almostgothic wrote:Thank you widowan - when I get angry, the words just come tumbling out!

I am sure the apologies owe much to the appointment a day or two ago of new PR consultants Edleman and the fact Murdoch has agreed to appear before the select committe next week. The apologies at least remove one line of criticism genuine or otherwise. My guess is Murdoch is only truly sorry that his troops have been caught out and his empire is under threat as a result.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 15 Jul - 20:30

Chris - spot on!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 20:42

Chris wrote:

I am sure the apologies owe much to the appointment a day or two ago of new PR consultants Edleman and the fact Murdoch has agreed to appear before the select committe next week. The apologies at least remove one line of criticism genuine or otherwise. My guess is Murdoch is only truly sorry that his troops have been caught out and his empire is under threat as a result.

Exactly.

Since he accepted Rebekah's resignation his own son or himself are now in the line of fire. Bring on the abject apologies, head in hands.

Maybe he can fake some kind of health issue as he totters into the select committee hearing, born up, the fallen lion, with the support of his sons on either side. After all he's done so much for British journalism.

He didn't get this far by being honest - however, due to his unprecedneted influence he hasn't had to cultivate much practice acting- so I have a feeling we'll see his claws if he is pressed into the corner, that or his lawyers answering for him (whilst assistants are frantically texting and tweeting from the gallery more BREAKING NEWS for the rest of his papers).

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 15 Jul - 21:35

News Corp's Les Hinton 'resigns'
breaking news

One of the most senior executives of Rupert Murdoch's embattled News Corporation has reportedly quit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14170879
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 15 Jul - 21:58

almostgothic wrote:News Corp's Les Hinton 'resigns'
breaking news

One of the most senior executives of Rupert Murdoch's embattled News Corporation has reportedly quit.

Looks like an all out battle to try and save James Murdoch's hide now with three former editors, legal counsel and former head of NI all having left, been sacked or fallen on their sword.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Jul - 22:24

Prediction from Murdoch's biographer

@ MichaelWolffNYC

James Murdoch is next.
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Rebekah got £3.5M for keeping quiet submitting her resignation

and

@dontgetfooled

has FOI'd the Met Police about if/how much they paid #CarterRuck to threaten the Guardian over criticism of John Yates whatdotheyknow.com/request/paymen…

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/payments_to_carter_ruc_k
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 15 Jul - 22:34

five million bucks seems to be the asking price.

makes you wonder about the pay off to Sy for the same amount.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sat 16 Jul - 0:11

widowan wrote:
marxman wrote:

Piers and his wife

http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabies/news/source-piers-morgan-wife-expecting-first-child-together-201156

She must be so proud.

Hi Widowan, Unfortunately not the red head as shown, but a certain 'ginger witch' as per almostgothic's description.
according to Twitter had been going on 3 years. However, one can only guess to it's credibility.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 16 Jul - 2:47

Chris wrote:
almostgothic wrote:News Corp's Les Hinton 'resigns'
breaking news

Looks like an all out battle to try and save James Murdoch's hide now with three former editors, legal counsel and former head of NI all having left, been sacked or fallen on their sword.

oh dear. this is getting ugly.

turn up the sound.

!!
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 16 Jul - 16:40

Les Hinton's resignation was clearly forced, his quote in the WSJ is basically one word "irrelevant" -(he had to resign because he was leading the group during the time those scandals were taking place, although he supposedly did not know of these practices - ha! -) he states that this is "irrelevant" -

He's hurt.

Dow Jones supposedly is going to feel some negative effects from this. well, good. people who based their entire livelihood obsessing over how much everything on earth does cost or should cost... what is that quote? A cynic is one who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing?

At least WSJ is reporting on this, but aside from one article that mentioned 9/11 victims they haven't brought that back up. People are still extremely touchy about that subject and how the victims are treated.

I HOPE they uncover some dirt on Fox News.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 16 Jul - 18:51

IT IS NOW BEING SAID THAT THE NOTW HACKED OTHER JOURNALISTS PHONES.WHATEVER NEXT?
HAS ANYONE A COPY OF WHO WHO? BECAUSE THE WHOLE LIST OF HACKING VICTIMS MIGHT BE IN THAT BOOK.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next