Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp?

+29
wjk
tanszi
chrissie
AnnaEsse
Annabel
kitti
mara thon
Lillyofthevalley
Justiceforallkids
Chris
tigger
fred
margaret
Wintabells
Angelique
buildersbum
halfamo
Hammy
widowan
Carolina
maebee
SyFy
the slave
almostgothic
pennylane
MaryB
Wallflower
whatsupdoc
Oldartform
33 posters

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 Empty Re: Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp?

Post  Panda Tue 24 Jul - 12:05

Rebekah Brooks, Glenn Mulcaire and Greg Miskiw, between the 3rd day of December 2002 and the 22nd day of January 2003, conspired together and with persons unknown, to intercept communications in the course of their transmission, without lawful authority, namely the voicemail messages of Andrew Gilchrist.

Thanks chrissie, umm, who is Andrew Gilchrist??? I note Rebekah is still pleading her innocence.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 25346

The U.S. has the power to declare the Murdochs unfit to Govern U.K. Companies and they might be forced to sell BskyB. They must have seen this coming to split the Empire and yet be charged for misleading the Government Committee Meeting.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 Empty Re: Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp?

Post  Panda Tue 24 Jul - 13:09

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/24/world/europe/uk-phonehacking-charges/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

click on th link first, watch the video of Alison Levitt of the Prosecution Service detailing the charges and suggesting the evidence was sufficient to
go to trial.

London (CNN) -- British prosecutors said Tuesday they will charge eight journalists with illegally eavesdropping on voice mail, including a former aide to British Prime Minister David Cameron and a close confidant of media baron Rupert Murdoch.

Cameron's former director of communications Andy Coulson is among eight journalists facing charges, as is Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of Murdoch's News International.

The names of the suspected hacking victims announced by the Crown Prosecution Service include some of the world's biggest celebrities, including Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Paul McCartney, soccer star Wayne Rooney and actor Jude Law.

Read more: Full CPS statement

Eight charged in phone-hacking scandal
Jukes: Brown testimony hurt Murdoch
The relationship between press and power
Inside the UK phone hacking scandal Coulson and Brooks are former editors of the defunct Murdoch tabloid the News of the World, which was shut down last year in the face of public outrage at the hacking scandal.

Brooks, who will be charged with conspiracy to intercept voice mails of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler, vigorously denied the charges, saying she was "distressed and angry."

"The charge concerning Milly Dowler is particularly upsetting not only as it is untrue but also because I have spent my journalistic career campaigning for victims of crime," she said in a statement released by her lawyers.

Cameron's office and News International declined to comment, as did McCartney and a number of other celebrities named as potential victims.

Six other journalists were charged, Alison Levitt of the Crown Prosecution Service announced, while three will not be prosecuted. The CPS is still waiting to decide about two other cases, she said.

The journalists facing charges include former top News of the World staff, including former managing editor Stuart Kuttner, editor Ian Edmonson and chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck.

Private investigator Glenn Mulcaire, who is suspected of carrying out the hacking, is also among the eight.

Prosecutors allege there were more than 600 victims of phone hacking between 2000 and 2006.

Read more: Familiar abuse of power as press fights regulation

Coulson resigned as editor after an earlier round of the phone-hacking scandal involving the paper's royal correspondent Clive Goodman and private investigator Mulcaire.

They were sent to prison for hacking into the voice mails of staffers working for Prince William and Prince Harry. Coulson said he knew nothing about the hacking but resigned because he was editor of the paper at the time.

He was later hired to be communications director for David Cameron, a move which Cameron's critics say was bad judgment on his part.

Coulson quit the post in Cameron's office last year when police opened a new investigation into phone hacking after accusations that it went far beyond Goodman and Mulcaire.

Brooks went on to become chief executive of News International after her time at News of the World and is seen as personally close to Murdoch. She quit News International, the British newspaper publishing arm of News Corp., amid the scandal last summer.

Murdoch recently resigned from a number of positions within News Corp., his global media empire, as the company began moves to separate its entertainment and publishing arms following the scandal.

British police have been investigating phone-hacking by people working for Murdoch since January 2011 and have arrested dozens on suspicion of phone hacking, computer hacking and corruption.

Read more: Timeline of UK phone hacking scandal

The scandal exploded with the revelation that one of the hacking victims was Milly Dowler, a 13-year-old British girl whose phone was hacked after she disappeared in 2002. She was later found murdered.

The Met Police continues to investigate claims of phone hacking in their probe known as Operation Weeting.

A parallel police operation is investigating claims of inappropriate payments to police and public officials.

Cameron established a separate independent judge-led inquiry into media ethics, the Leveson Inquiry, following the news of the hacking of Milly Dowler's voice messages.

Cameron, as well as other senior current and former government figures, have been called to testify before the inquiry, as have Murdoch and Brooks.

Dowler's parents told the inquiry in November how phone hacking on behalf of News of the World had given them false hope their missing daughter was still alive.

In fact, the messages had been accessed by a private investigator working for News of the World, Dowler's father, Bob, told the inquiry panel. The young girl had already been murdered.

Blog: Murdoch's UK legal woes coming to the U.S.?

CNN's Dan Rivers, Jonathan Wald and Laura Smith-Spark contributed to this report.

It appears David Blunkett the MP had his phone hacked, it looks like this case will go on for years and the Murdochs will not escape.

Last edited by Panda on Tue 24 Jul - 13:23; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 24 Jul - 13:19

chrissie wrote:Rebekah Brooks, the former News International chief executive, has issued a statement on the phone-hacking charges. She said:

I am not guilty of these charges. I did not authorise, nor was I aware of, phone hacking under my editorship. I am distressed and angry that the CPS have reached this decision when they knew all the facts and were in a position to stop the case at this stage. The charge concerning Milly Dowler is particularly upsetting not only as it is untrue but also because I have spent my journalistic career campaigning for victims of crime. I will vigorously defend these allegations.

Is that the same campaigning for victims of crime.....that Brooks gave Sarah Payne a mobile phone to use when infact it was bugged, well if thats helping, then yes Brooks needs to be sewing post bags imo

Ive just relised the protection of the two doctors by Murdochs NI and Brooks could it be that they had realised how bad they have been, and were trying to mend their ways??
Bet Mitchell and the McCanns are a little nervous today, what does the future hold for the McCanns and their Tapas frineds, if these heavy weights can be brought to justice  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 540205

Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Tue 24 Jul - 13:24; edited 1 time in total
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 24 Jul - 13:23

Panda wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:We've had Murdoch resign this week, will Brooks sit back after herself and hubby already been charged, and let the likes of Cawlson et al walkaway from this uncharged?.................I think not!!

Sit back folks, with your hard hats at the ready  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 25346

Morning Lillyofthevalley, yes, Brooks has already been charged with perverting the course of Justice, if she is charged now with being complicit in
the phone hacking , how many years in Jail will she serve!!!!! Cameron will also be affected, as a "friend" of she and her husband, Murdoch, his
judgement will be questioned. There were photos of some of the Celebrities whose phones were hacked.....the McCanns were not included.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 294124

Thanks for that Panda I thought she had her hubby had already been charged  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 25346 double wammy for her then no wonder she has put out that pathetic statement today, as Ive said, hard hats at the ready because a certain someone is going to go down fighting I have no doubt about that, aimo!!  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 839934
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 24 Jul - 13:29

Hi Lillyofthevalley,

If you read the previous post and click on the link, watch the video, the Court is quite confident of the charges , so they must have had a lot of
information, all dating back to 2006, why wasn't all this investigated then?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 24 Jul - 13:42

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 306321 Panda hope your well? Ive just posted that my hubby actually thinks that NI/Murdoch and Brooks knew that the brown stuff was going to hit the fan, thats why we had from 2007 the sudden change in how they act towards reporting and deciding to protect the Mcs at any cost, im just waiting for the connection between NI/Murdoch/Brooks and the famous Brian Kennedy??

Whatever im sure the McCanns and their Tapas friends will be nervous today! if the big boys can be brought to task then they can.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 24 Jul - 13:52

Lillyofthevalley wrote:  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 306321 Panda hope your well? Ive just posted that my hubby actually thinks that NI/Murdoch and Brooks knew that the brown stuff was going to hit the fan, thats why we had from 2007 the sudden change in how they act towards reporting and deciding to protect the Mcs at any cost, im just waiting for the connection between NI/Murdoch/Brooks and the famous Brian Kennedy??

Whatever im sure the McCanns and their Tapas friends will be nervous today! if the big boys can be brought to task then they can.  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 25346

Clarence was first of all suggesting the McCanns had been hacked, then changed his mind and said they hadn't ....maybe worried that the conversations
could prove harmful. Actually, all this hacking was mostly done before Madeleine went missing and since the Mccanns had friends in high places their phones were taboo. Don't forget the McCanns were making money for the Press at the time so why would the Press want to bite the hand that feeds it.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 24 Jul - 19:59

Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson are protesting their innocence , but a Barrister said the Prosecution does not have to prove they physically got
involved, but just that the intention was there and Rebekah could have the two charges against her tried together.
These Trials could last for a couple of years because there are still the charges for bribery to come.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 25 Jul - 8:14

Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson are among eight people facing charges over phone hacking, the Crown Prosecution Service has confirmed.

Brooks, former editor of the News Of The World (NOTW) and The Sun, is being charged in relation to the alleged accessing of murdered Milly Dowler's phone messages.

Coulson, who quit as David Cameron's chief spin doctor in January 2011 and also used to edit the NOTW, is also accused in relation to allegedly hacking into the schoolgirl's phone.

Both Brooks and Coulson denied the allegations after the announcement, with Brooks saying she was "distressed and angry" and Coulson telling reporters he would never have attempted to undermine the Milly Dowler investigation.

Private investigator Glenn Mulcaire and a series of former NOTW staff are also facing charges as part of Operation Weeting. In all, the group faces 19 charges.

Thurlbeck is former chief reporter of the News Of The World

They include ex-NOTW managing editor Stuart Kuttner, former news editor Greg Miskiw, former head of news Ian Edmondson and former reporter James Weatherup.

Neville Thurlbeck, who was chief reporter of the now-defunct Sunday tabloid, faces charges in relation to victims including Milly Dowler, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and David Blunkett MP.

Thurlbeck said he was "most surprised and disappointed" about the charges and will "vigorously fight to clear my reputation".

John Whittingdale, chairman of the Culture Select Committee, told Sky News he was "not wholly surprised" by the announcement.

"It's not a day which reflects well on politics or the press, but I think it's part of the process of ensuring that this never happens again," he said.

CPS legal adviser Alison Levitt QC said there was a "realistic prospect of conviction" in relation to eight of the 13 files passed to the CPS by police.

Former NOTW news editor Greg Miskiw
All of them apart from Mulcaire is charged with conspiring to intercept communications without lawful authority between October 3, 2000, and August 9, 2006.

Prosecutors will claim that more than 600 people were victims of this offence.

Brooks is facing charges relating to illegally accessing the voicemails of Milly Dowler and former trade union boss Andrew Gilchrist.

The ex-chief executive of News International, which published the NOTW, said in a statement: "I am not guilty of these charges. I did not authorise, nor was I aware of, phone hacking under my editorship.

"I am distressed and angry that the CPS have reached this decision when they knew all the facts and were in a position to stop the case at this stage.

"The charge concerning Milly Dowler is particularly upsetting not only as it is untrue but also because I have spent my journalistic career campaigning for victims of crime.

"I will vigorously defend these allegations."

In addition to the charge relating to Milly Dowler, Coulson is charged in relation to the phone hacking of David Blunkett, Charles Clarke and George Best's son Calum.

Claims about hacking of Milly Dowler's phone messages surfaced last year

Coulson told reporters: "I will fight these allegations when they eventually get to court.

"I would like to say one thing today about the Milly Dowler allegations - anyone who knows me or has worked with me would know that I wouldn't and more importantly that I didn't do anything to damage the Milly Dowler investigation.

"At the News Of The World we worked on behalf of the victims of crime... the idea that I would then sit in my office dreaming up schemes to undermine investigations is simply untrue."

No further action will be taken in relation to three of the other suspects, and inquiries are continuing over two suspects.

Labour leader Ed Miliband said: "Everybody was very shocked at the revelations of the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone.

"I said at the time we needed to get to the bottom of what had happened.

"It is now right that justice takes its course. This is now a matter for the courts."
Eight people, including former News Of The World and The Sun editor Rebekah Brooks, face a total of 19 charges in connection with the phone-hacking scandal.

All, with the exception of Glenn Mulcaire, will be charged with conspiring to intercept communications without lawful authority, from October 3, 2000, to August 9, 2006.

The communications in question are the voicemail messages of well-known people and/or those associated with them.

In addition, each will face a number of further charges of conspiracy unlawfully to intercept communications, as follows:

Rebekah Brooks will face two additional charges:

:: The first relates to the voicemails of the late Milly Dowler
:: The second to the voicemails of Andrew Gilchrist
Andrew Coulson will face four additional charges, relating to the following victims:

:: Milly Dowler
:: the Rt Hon David Blunkett MP
:: the Rt Hon Charles Clarke
:: Calum Best

Stuart Kuttner will face two additional charges, relating to:
:: Milly Dowler and

Greg Miskiw will face nine further charges, relating to the following victims or groups of victims:
:: Sven-Goran Eriksson
:: Abigail Titmuss and John Leslie
:: Andrew Gilchrist
:: Delia Smith
:: Jude Law, Sadie Frost and Sienna Miller, and
:: Wayne Rooney

Ian Edmondson will face a further eleven charges, relating to the following victims or groups of victims:
:: Jude Law, Sadie Frost and Sienna Miller
:: Mark Oaten
:: Calum Best
:: the Rt Hon Dame Tessa Jowell MP and David Mills
:: the Rt Hon Lord Prescott
:: Professor John Tulloch
:: Lord Frederick Windsor
:: Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills

Neville Thurlbeck will face a further seven charges in relation to the following victims or groups of victims:
:: Sven-Goran Eriksson
:: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
:: Mark Oaten
:: the Rt Hon Dame Tessa Jowell MP and David Mills

James Weatherup will face a further seven charges in relation to the following victims or groups of victims:
:: Jude Law, Sadie Frost and Sienna Miller
:: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
:: the Rt Hon Lord Prescott
:: Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills

For legal reasons Glenn Mulcaire does not face the first of these charges. However, he will face four charges, relating to:
:: Andrew Gilchrist
:: Delia Smith
:: and the Rt Hon Charles Clarke

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 26 Jul - 10:47

David Cameron's meetings with the press from 2005 to 2010

Here's the list of David Cameron's meetings with the press from 2005 to 2010, specifically the social ones. Explore who was wined and dined

• Get the data
• More data journalism and data visualisations from the Guardian
Share0

Email

David Cameron reveals his full list of meeting with the press, starting in 2005 and upto 2010. Photograph: Reuters

Today the full list of more social meetings David Cameron had with the press before his premiership has been revealed as part of the Leveson Enquiry.

We've covered Cameron's meetings with the press as Prime Minister previously on the datablog. But the larger the dataset of meetings, the clearer the picture of how Cameron's time and priorities are placed.

We've conducted some simple analysis on the frequency of meetings with different members of the presss which you can explore in the Google Spreadsheet here.
Here's the dataset of more social meetings for you to explore. What do you think and what patterns can you see?

Data summary

David Cameron meetings with press 2005 - 2010

Click heading to sort

.Date of meeting.

Name of individuals

Purpose of meeting

.16/12/2005.

Matthew and Elisabeth Freud (Shine Limited)

Social

.05/01/2006.

Jonathan Dimbleby (BBC)

Event

.18/01/2006.

John Bryant (Daily Telegraph)

General discussion

.18/01/2006.

Rupert Murdoch (News Corporation), Les Hinton (News International), Rebekah Wade (The Sun), Trevor Kavanagh (The Sun), George Pascoe Watson (The Sun)

Lunch

.18/01/2006.

Tom Bradby (ITV News)

General discussion

.19/01/2006.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

General discussion

.01/02/2006.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Drinks

.28/02/2006.

Robert Thomson, Ben Preston, Camila Cavendish, Patience Wheatcroft (The Times)

Dinner

.13/03/2006.

Martha Kearney (BBC)

Event

.14/03/2006.

Andy Coulson, Ian Kirby (News of the World)

Lunch

.15/03/2006.

Adam Boulton (Sky News)

General discussion

.15/03/2006.

Richard Desmond (Northern & Shell), Peter Hill (Daily Express), Martin Townsend (Sunday Express), Dawn Neesom (Daily Star), Gareth Morgan (Daily Star Sunday)

Lunch

.15/03/2006.

Martha Kearney (BBC)

General discussion

.21/03/2006.

John Bryant, George Jones (Daily Telegraph)

Lunch

.27/03/2006.

Alan Rusbridger, Paul Myners, Simon Jenkins, Martin Kettle, Seamus Milne, Polly Toynbee, Mike White, Patrick Wintour, Will Woodward (The Guardian)

Lunch

.28/03/2006.

John Witherow, Martin Ivens, David Cracknell, David Smith, Robert Winnett, Isabel Okeshott (The Sunday Times)

Lunch

.28/03/2006.

Rebekah Wade (The Sun), Trevor Kavenagh (The Sun), Les Hinton (News International) for drinks

Dinner

.27/04/2006.

Aidan and Howard Barclay (Telegraph Media Group)

Breakfast

.03/05/2006.

Jeremy Vine (BBC)

General discussion

.08/05/2006.

Deborah Turness, Tom Bradley, Mark Austin, David Mannion, Jonathan Munro (ITV)

Dinner

.08/05/2006.

Newspaper Society

Lunch

.11/05/2006.

Lionel Barber, James Blitz, Martin Wolf (Financial Times)

Breakfast

.11/05/2006.

Simon Keiner (The Independent)

Lunch

.18/05/2006.

Andrew Neil (Press Holdings/BBC)

Breakfast

.21/05/2006.

Rebekah Wade (The Sun), Kirsty Young (Channel 5), Elisabeth Murdoch (Shine Limited), Matthew Fraud (Freud Communications)

Social

.05/06/2006.

Irwin Stelzer (The Times)

Lunch

.08/06/2006.

Mark Wood (ITN), David Mannion (ITV), Jim Gray (Channel 4), Nicholas Wheeler (ITN), Alastair Stewart (ITN), Katie Derham (ITN), Mary Nightingale (ITV), Alex Thomson (Channel 4), Krishnan Guru-Murthy (Channel 4), Sarah Smith (Channel 4), Jon Snow (Channel4)

General discussion and lunch

.12/06/2006.

John Micklethwait, Christopher Lockwood, Merril Stevenson, Matthew Symonds, John Prideaux, Paul Wallace (The Economist)

Lunch

.13/06/2006.

Roger Alton, John Mulholland, Gaby Hinsliff, Andrew Rawnsley (The Observer)

Lunch

.15/06/2006.

Les Hinton (News International)

General discussion

.19/06/2006.

Jonathan Ross (BBC)

Phone call

.20/06/2006.

David Jordan (BBC), Peter Horrocks (BBC News), Stephen Mitchell (BBC Radio News), Sue Inglish (BBC), Fran Unsworth (BBC News), Pete Clifton (BBC News)

Lunch

.22/06/2006.

Lord Rothermere (Associated Newspaper)

Event

.30/06/2006.

Sue Inglish (BBC), Mike White (The Guardian), Matthew d'Ancona (The Spectator)

Event

.04/07/2006.

James Murdoch (BskyB)

Dinner

.18/07/2006.

Lunch

.17/08/2006.

Ian Birrell (The Independent)

Lunch

.13/09/2006.

John Kay, Thomas Whitaker (The Sun)

Social

.26/09/2006.

David and Frederick Barclay (Telegraph Media Group)

General discussion

.30/09/2006.

Rebekah Wade (The Sun), John Micklewait (The Economist), Edward Heathcoat Amory (Daily Mail), Robert Thomson (The Times), Matt D'Ancona (The Spectator), Patience Wheatcroft (Sunday Telegraph), Daniel Finkelstein (The Times), Tom Bradby (ITV)

Dinner

.02/10/2006.

Adam Boulton (Sky News)

General discussion

.03/10/2006.

Andy Coulson, Steart Kuttner, Ian Kirby (News of the Wolrd)

General discussion

.03/10/2006.

Daniel Finklestein (The Times), Iam Birrell (The Independent)

Lunch

.03/10/2006.

Mail on Sunday

General discussion

.06/10/2006.

Ivan Fallon (The Independent)

General discussion

.10/10/2006.

Peter Riddell (The Times)

General discussion

.24/10/2006.

Trevor MacDonald (ITV) Greg Dyke (BBC)

Lunch

.24/10/2006.

Richard Desmond (Northen and Shell)

Phone call

.30/10/2006.

George Jones (Daily Telegraph)

General discussion

.31/10/2006.

Francis Elliott (The Independent on Sunday)

General discussion

.31/10/2006.

Ian MacGregor, Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph)

Lunch

.07/11/2006.

Marie Woolf, Tristan Davies, Francis Elliott, John Rentoul, James Hanning (The Independnt on Sunday)

Lunch

.09/11/2006.

PeterHorrocks (BBC)

Breakfast

.16/11/2006.

Matthew D'Ancona (The Spectator)

Event

.17/11/2006.

Robert Crampton (The Times)

Accompanied me on a visit

.24/11/2006.

Bruce Anderson (The Independent)

.29/11/2006.

David Frost (Al Jazeera)

Dinner

.30/11/2006.

Dominic Lawson (The Independent)

Event

.30/11/2006.

Dinner

.02/12/2006.

Elizabeth Murdoch (Shine Limited)

Dinner

.05/12/2006.

James Harding (The Times), James Murdoch (BskyB)

Event

.05/12/2006.

Peter Wright, Peter Dobbie, Peter Hitchens, Susanne Moore (Mail on Sunday)

Lunch

.11/12/2006.

Kevin Peatty (Associated Newspapers)

Dinner

.12/12/2006.

Simon Kelner, Ian Birrell, Adrian Hamilton, Andy Grice, Steve Richards, John Mullin, Mary Dajevski, Ivan Fallon (The Independent)

Lunch

.15/12/2006.

James Harding (The Times)

.18/12/2006.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Dinner

.19/12/2006.

Greg Dyke (BBC)

General discussion

.20/01/2007.

Andrew Marr (BBC)

General discussion

.11/01/2007.

Bruce Anderson (The Independnet)

.16/01/2007.

Rebekah Wade (The Sun), Victoria Newton (News of the World), David Wooding (News of the World), Andrew Porter (The Sun), Trevor Kavanagh (The Sun), Dominic Mohan (The Sun)

Lunch

.22/01/2007.

John Holliday (BSkyB)

General discussion

.30/01/2007.

Andy Bell, Jane Lighting, Lisa Ople, Chris Shaw, Mark Calvert, Kirsty Young (Channel 5)

Dinner

.31/01/2007.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph)

Event

.01/02/2007.

Les Hinton (News International) Rupert Murdoch (News Corporation)

Breakfast

.01/02/2007.

Robert Hardman (Daily Mail)

Social

.05/02/2007.

Sarah Mukagee, Mike McCarthy, Charles Clover, John Vidal, John Ingham, Geoffrey Lean, Val Elliot, Fiona Harvey, Julian Rush (Environmental Press)

Dinner

.06/02/2007.

BBC

Lunch

.12/02/2007.

Ben Brogan (Daily Mail)

.26/02/2007.

Gloria Anderson (New York Times Europe)

Lunch

.08/03/2007.

Birmingham Post

General discussion

.10/03/2007.

Social

.12/03/2007.

James Murdoch (BSkyB)

Event

.12/03/2007.

John Witherow (The Sunday Times)

Drinks

.14/03/2007.

Colin Myler (News of the World)

General discussion

.14/03/2007.

Greg Dyke (BBC)

General discussion

.14/03/2007.

Drinks

.15/03/2007.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Breakfast

.17/03/2007.

BBC

Reception

.20/03/2007.

Veronica Wadley, Anne McElvoy, Joe Murphy (Evening Standard)

Lunch

.21/03/2007.

Mary Ann Sieghart (The Times)

.26/03/2007.

Ann McElvoy (Evening Standard)

Rally

.27/03/2007.

Editors present

Social

.28/03/2007.

Richard Desmond (Northen and Shell)

Lunch

.03/04/2007.

Deborah Turness, Tom Bradby (ITV)

Dinner

.04/04/2007.

James Murdoch (BskyB)

Dinner

.02/05/2007.

Fraser Nelson (The Spectator)

.22/05/2007.

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown (The Independent)

Drinks

.24/05/2007.

Drinks

.05/06/2007.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Drinks

.06/06/2007.

Richard Wallace (Daily Miirror)

General discussion

.08/06/2007.

Mary Ann Sieghart (The Times)

Lunch

.12/06/2007.

Dinner

.14/06/2007.

Paul Mason (Newsnight, BBC)

Event

.21/06/2007.

Press Association

Lunch

.25/06/2007.

Patience Wheatcroft (Sunday Telegraph)

General discussion

.27/06/2007.

Michael Portillo (The Sunday Times)

Social

.04/07/2007.

Jon Sopel (BBC)

Event

.04/07/2007.

Veronica Wadley (Evening Standard)

Dinner

.09/07/2007.

Boris Johnson (The Spectator)

General discussion

.10/07/2007.

Max Hastings (Daily Mail)

Lunch

.11/07/2007.

Dylan Jones (GQ), Nick Robinson (BBC News), Jan Moir (Daily Mail)

Dinner

.13/07/2007.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

.17/07/2007.

Helen Boarden (BBC)

Lunch

.20/07/2007.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

.23/07/2007.

Journalists

Drinks

.20/08/2007.

Martin Ivens (The Sunday Times), Anne McElvoy (Evening Standard), Fraser Nelson (The Spectator)

Dinner

.28/08/2007.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph), Patience Wheatcroft (Sunday Telegraph)

Dinner

.05/09/2007.

Peter Riddell, Phil Webster (The Times)

General discussion

.06/09/2007.

Tom Bradby (ITV)

.10/09/2007.

Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph)

Dinner

.11/09/2007.

Ian McGregor (Daily Telegraph)

General discussion

.11/09/2007.

Trevor Kavanagh (The Sun)

General discussion

.12/09/2007.

Andrew Rawnsley (The Observer)

General discussion

.12/09/2007.

John Ryley (Sky)

Meeting

.12/09/2007.

Matthew Paris (The Times)

Meeting

.18/09/2007.

Philip Stephens (Financial Times)

Meeting

.19/09/2007.

Meeting

.19/09/2007.

Sly Bailey (Trinity Mirror), Neil Benson (Trinity Mirror), Nick Fullagar (Trinity Mirror), Georgina Harvey (Trinity Mirror), Alastair Machray (The Daily Post), Brian Aitken (The Journal), Rob Irvine (The Daily Post), Richard Williams (South Wales Echo), Paul Robertson (Newcastle Evening Chronicle), Mark Thomas (Liverpool Daily Post)

Lunch

.20/09/2007.

Andrew Miller (The Economist)

Lunch

.20/09/2007.

Camilla Cavendish (The Times)

Event

.20/09/2007.

Leo McKinstry (Daily Express)

Meeting

.24/09/2007.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Meeting

.25/09/2007.

Andy Duncan (Channel 4)

Meeting

.27/09/2007.

Irwin Stelzer (The Times)

Lunch

.30/09/2007.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

Meeting

.30/09/2007.

Tom Bradby (ITV)

Meeting

.30/09/2007.

Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph), James Harding (The Times), Tom Bradby (ITV), Andrew Neil (Press Holdings/BBC), Adam Boulton (Sky NEws), Dylan Jones (GQ)

Lunch

.10/10/2007.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis, Ian MacGregor (Daily Telegraph)

Lunch

.01/10/2007.

Peter Wright, Simon Walters (Mail on Sunday)

Breakfast

.01/10/2007.

Rebekah Brooks (The Sun), George Pascoe-Watons (The Sun), Les Hinton (News International), Trevor Kavanagh (The Sun), Fergus Shanahan (The Sun)

Dinner

.02/10/2007.

Colin Myler, Jane Johnson, Ian Kirby (News of the World)

Meeting

.02/10/2007.

Martin Frizell, Gloria De Piero, John Stapleton, Katie Myler (GMTV)

Meeting

.02/10/2007.

News International

Event

.02/10/2007.

Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph), Charles Moore (Daily Telegraph), Matthew d"Ancona (Sunday Telegraph), Andrew Neil (Press Holdings/BBC), Andrew Porter (Daily Telegraph)

Social

.09/10/2007.

John Witherow, Martin Ivens (The Sunday Times)

Lunch

.18/10/2007.

Lunch

.24/10/2007.

Tom Bradby (ITV)

Dinner

.26/10/2007.

Adam Boulton (Sky News)

Meeting

.29/10/2007.

Communication

.06/11/2007.

George Jones (Daily Telegraph)

Communication

.07/11/2007.

Roger Alton (The Observer)

Dinner

.12/11/2007.

Richard Desmond (Northern & Shell)

Social

.19/11/2007.

George Pascoe-Watson (The Sun)

Dinner

.27/11/2007.

Adam Boulton (Sky News)

Meeting

.07/12/2007.

Iain Martin (The Sunday Telegraph)

Meeting

.14/12/2007.

Sam Baker (Red Magazine)

Meeting

.30/12/2007.

Rebekah Brooks (The Sun)

Drinks

.07/01/2008.

John Kampfner, Martin Bright (New Statesman)

Meeting

.09/01/2008.

Dominic Mohan (The Sun)

Meeting

.09/01/2008.

Lionel Barber (Financial Times)

Dinner

.14/01/2008.

Charles Moore (Daily Telegraph)

Drinks

.15/01/2008.

Dorothy Byrne (Channel 4), Merril Stephenson (The Economist), Mark Damazer (BBC), Philip Stephens (Financial Times), David Jordan (BBC), George Brock (The Times), John Mulholland (The Observer)

Lunch

.15/01/2008.

Jon Sopel (BBC)

Meeting

.15/01/2008.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis (Telegraph Media Group), Ian MacGregor (Sunday Telegraph), Iain Martin (Sunday Telegraph), Tony Gallagher (Daily Telegraph)

Dinner

.17/01/2008.

Peter Hill (Daily Express)

Meeting

.22/01/2008.

Rupert Murdoch (News Corporation), James Murdoch (BSkyB/News Corporation)

Breakfast

.22/01/2008.

Kamal Ahmed (The Sunday Telegraph)

Lunch

.24/01/2008.

Meeting

.21/01/2008.

Meeting

.24/01/2008.

Dinner

.30/01/2008.

Lord Rothermere (Associated Newspapers)

Dinner

.31/01/2008.

Clive Anderson (BBC)

Social

.06/02/2008.

Matthew d'Ancona (Sunday Telegraph)

Social

.11/02/2008.

Dinner

.19/02/2008.

Ferdinand Mount (Daily Telegraph)

Meeting

.21/02/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Dinner

.21/02/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Meeting

.25/02/2008.

Aidan Barclay (Telegraph Media Group)

Dinner

.28/02/2008.

Caroline Thomson, Mark Thomson, John Tate (BBC)

Meeting

.29/02/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Meeting

.03/03/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Meeting

.03/03/2008.

John Rentoul (The Independent on Sunday)

Meeting

.04/03/2008.

Frederick Forsyth (Daily Express)

Meeting

.05/03/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Meeting

.06/03/2008.

Tina Weaver (Sunday Mirror), Bob Warren (News of the World), Paul Dacre (Daily Mail), James McManus (News International) and around 80 other editors and chief executives

Event

.07/03/2008.

Lord Rothermere, John Bird, Christine Klafkowska, Paul Dacre, Charles Sinclair, Kevin Beatty (Associated Newspapers)

Event

.14/03/2008.

Mark Thompson (BBC)

Event

.19/03/2008.

David Frost (Al Jazeera)

Social

.19/03/2008.

Communication

.20/03/2008.

Lunch

.20/03/2008.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Communication

.25/03/2008.

Martin Wolf (Financial Times)

Meeting

.27/03/2008.

Andy Grice (The Independent)

Meeting

.27/03/2008.

Lunch

.27/03/2008.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Meeting

.28/03/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Meeting

.31/03/2008.

Helen Boaden (BBC)

Drinks

.08/04/2008.

Jon Snow (Channel 4)

Event

.10/04/2008.

Rachel Sylvester, Alice Thompson (The Times)

Meeting

.16/04/2008.

Rob Winnett, Andrew Porter (Daily Telegraph)

Meeting

.23/04/2008.

Rebekah Brooks (The Sun)

Lunch

.24/04/2008.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

Meeting

.09/05/2008.

Sir Michael Lyons (BBC Trust)

Meeting

.09/05/2008.

Tina Weaver (Sunday Mirror)

Meeting

.12/05/2008.

Ben Brogan (Daily Mail)

Meeting

.15/05/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Meeting

.19/05/2008.

Andrew Porter (Daily Telegraph)

Meeting

.19/05/2008.

George Pascoe-Watson (The Sun)

Meeting

.21/05/2008.

John Mullin (The Independent on Sunday)

Meeting

.22/05/2008.

Amanda Platell (Daily Mail)

Meeting

.05/06/2008.

Kevin Marsh (BBC)

Meeting

.06/06/2008.

Christina Lamb (The Sunday Times)

.09/06/2008.

Reception

.10/06/2008.

Peter Horrocks, Nick Robinson, Craig Oliver (BBC)

General discussion

.11/06/2008.

Christina Lamb (The Sunday Times)

General discussion

.16/06/2008.

Rupert Murdoch (News Corporation)

Reception

.16/06/2008.

Tom Bradby (ITV)

General discussion

.23/06/2008.

Press

Press conference

.24/06/2008.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Breakfast

.26/06/2008.

Financial Times

Event

.27/06/2008.

Matthew Parris (The Times), Adam Boulton (Sky News)

General discussion

.01/07/2008.

Dinner

.03/07/2008.

The Spectator

Reception

.05/07/2008.

Rebekah Wade (News International)

Social

.09/07/2008.

Press

Press conference

.09/07/2008.

David Frost (Al Jazeera)

Drinks

.09/07/2008.

Peter Wright (Mail on Sunday)

Drinks

.10/07/2008.

Drinks

.10/07/2008.

Rebekah Wade (The Sun)

Event

.14/07/2008.

Lord Rees Mogg (The Times)

Social

.15/07/2008.

Anne McElvoy (Evening Standard), Martin Iven (The Sunday Times), James Murdoch (BskyB/News Corporation)

Dinner

.20/07/2008.

Lunch

.21/07/2008.

Press

Press conference

.21/07/2008.

Lobby

Drinks

.22/07/2008.

Journalist and photographer (Time Magazine)

?

.23/07/2008.

Kenny Campbell (Metro)

General discussion

.12/08/2008.

Press

Press conference

.16/08/2008.

Elisabeth Murdoch (Shine Ltd) Rebekah Wade (The Sun), Matthew Freud (Freud Communications)

Dinner

.27/08/2008.

Gloria de Piero (GMTV)

Drinks

.28/08/2008.

Phone call

.28/08/2008.

Phone call

.28/08/2008.

Phone call

.28/08/2008.

Phone call

.31/08/2008.

Patrick Hennessy (Sunday Telegraph)

Accompanied me on overseas visit

.06/09/2008.

Elisabeth Murdoch (Shine Ltd)

Social

.08/09/2008.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

Social

.08/09/2008.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

General discussion

.09/09/2008.

Peter Riddell (The Times)

General discussion

.09/09/2008.

Steve Richards, Roger Alton (The Independent)

Lunch

.10/09/2008.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis, Ian MacGregor (Sunday Telegraph), Iain Martin (Sunday Telegraph) Tony Gallagher (Daily Telegraph)

Dinner

.11/09/2008.

The Economist

Event

.15/09/2008.

Lunch

.17/09/2008.

Melanie Phillips (Daily Mail)

General discussion

.17/09/2008.

General discussion

.22/09/2008.

Matthew D'Ancona (Sunday Telegraph)

Drinks

.25/09/2008.

General discussion

.27/09/2008.

Gloria de Piero (GMTV)

Drinks

.28/09/2008.

James Harding (The Times), Keith Blackmore (The Guardian), Phil Webster (The Times), Francis Elliott (Independent on Sunday), Matthew Parris (The Times), Danny Finkelstein (The Times)

Lunch

.28/09/2008.

Media

Reception

.28/09/2008.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

General discussion

.28/09/2008.

Tom Bradby (ITV)

General discussion

.28/09/2008.

Veronica Wadley, Joe Murphy (Evening Standard)

General discussion

.29/09/2009.

Colin Myler, Jane Johnson, Ian Kirby (News of the World), Fraser Nelson (News of the World/Spectator)

Breakfast

.29/09/2008.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis, Ian MacGregor (Sunday Telegraph)

Dinner

.29/09/2008.

The Spectator

Reception

.30/09/2008.

James Murdoch (BskyB/News Corporation)

Drinks

.30/09/2008.

John Witherow, Martin Ivens, Jonathan Oliver (The Sunday Times)

General discussion

.30/09/2008.

News International

Reception

.30/09/2008.

General discussion

.30/09/2008.

General discussion

.07/10/2008.

Chistopher Caldwell (New York Times)

.08/10/2008.

John Witherow (The Sunday Times) and David Jones (Daily Mail)

Dinner

.10/10/2008.

Simon Kelner (The Independent)

Event

.13/10/2008.

Jane Johnson (News of the World/The Sun)

Drinks

.15/10/2008.

General discussion

.15/10/2008.

Martin Ivens (The Sunday Times)

General discussion

.21/10/2008.

Martin Townsend (Sunday Express)

General discussion

.29/10/2008.

Dinner

.04/11/2008.

Paul Dacre, Ben Brogan, Stephen Glover, Edward Heathcoat-Amory, Quentin Letts, Amanda Platell (Daily Mail)

Dinner

.06/11/2008.

Max Hastings (Daily Mail)

Lunch

.07/11/2008.

John Rentoul (Independent on Sunday)

General discussion

.11/11/2008.

Press

Press conference

.13/11/2008.

Dinner

.18/11/2008.

Mark Hookham (Yorkshire Evening Post)/Newspaper Society Lunch

Lunch

.19/11/2008.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

Dinner

.25/11/2008.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

General discussion

.02/12/2008.

Spectator and GQ

Event

.08/12/2008.

General discussion

.08/12/2008.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph)

Lunch

.09/12/2008.

Charles Moore (Daily Telegraph)

Event

.12/12/2008.

Fergus Shanahan (The Sun)

General discussion

.15/12/2008.

Lobby

Drinks

.16/12/2008.

The Sun and other media

Dinner

.17/12/2008.

Peter Charlton (Yorkshire Post)

Phone call

.12/01/2009.

Iain Dale (Total Politics)

Cameron Direct

.13/01/2009.

Dinner

.14/01/2009.

Adam Boluton (Sky News)

Dinner

.29/01/2009.

Rebekah Wade (The Sun), Robert Peston (BBC News), Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph), James Harding (The Times)

Dinner

.29/01/2009.

Lunch

.30/01/2009.

Drinks

.05/02/2009.

James Forsyth (The Spectator)

Seminar

.11/02/2009.

Dinner

.12/02/2008.

LBC

.12/02/2008.

Dinner

.16/02/2009.

James Chapman (Daily Mail)

.18/02/2009.

Lunch

.24/02/2009.

Ian McGregor (Sunday Telegraph)

Lunch

.24/02/2009.

Lord Rothermere (Associated Newspapers), Alexander Lebedev (Lebedev Holdings Ltd), Evgeny Lebedev (Lebedev Holdings Ltd), Kevin Beatty (Associated Newspapers)

General discussion

.12/03/2009.

Andy Duncan (Channel 4)

General discussion

.31/03/2009.

Colin Myler, Jane Johnson, Ian Kirby, Fraser Nelson, Ian Edmonson (News of the World)

Lunch

.01/04/2009.

Charlie Brooks' book launch

Social

.01/04/2009.

Dawn Airey (Channel 5)

General discussion

.02/04/2008.

Social

.28/04/2009.

David Kermode, Andy Bell, Natasha Kaplinsky, Dawn Airey, Chris Shaw (Channel 5 )

Dinner

.28/04/2009.

Martin Frizell, Gloria De Piero, John Stapelton, Penny Smith, Andrew Castle, Kate Garraway, Emma Crosby (GMTV)

Lunch

.29/04/2009.

Dinner

.03/05/2009.

Lunch

.03/05/2009.

Lord Rothermere (Associated Newspapers), Evgeny Lebedev (Lebedev Holdings Ltd)

Dinner

.05/05/2009.

.11/05/2009.

Ben Brogan (Daily Telegraph)

.12/05/2009.

Media

Press conference

.13/05/2009.

Geordie Greig (Evening Standard)

General discussion

.15/05/2009.

Christopher Thomson, Murray Thomson (DC Thomson)

General discussion

.26/05/2009.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

.29/05/2009.

Adam Boluton (Sky News)

.30/05/2009.

Dinner

.07/06/2009.

Jeff Randall (Sky News/Daily Telegraph)

Dinner

.13/06/2009.

Rebekah Wade (News International)

Wedding

.16/06/2009.

Lunch

.17/06/2009.

Reception

.23/06/2009.

Michael Grade

Lunch

.24/06/2009.

Ben Brogan (Daily Telegraph), Tom Bradby (ITV)

Dinner

.25/06/2009.

Richard Desmond (Northern and Shell)

Event

.26/09/2009.

Steve Richards (The Independent)

.29/06/2009.

Media

Press conference

.01/07/2009.

Sir Michael Lyons (BBC)

General discussion

.02/07/2009.

David Frost (Al Jazeera)

Social

.02/07/2009.

The Spectator

Reception

.07/07/2009.

Jeff Randall (Sky News/Daily Telegraph)

Dinner

.08/07/2009.

Gary Gibbon (Channel 4)

General discussion

.08/07/2009.

Matthew Parris (The Times)

Dinner

.09/07/2009.

Lunch

.10/07/2009.

Neil Thompson (ITV)

General discussion

.14/07/2009.

Lobby

Drinks

.16/07/2009.

The Sun

Event

.20/07/2009.

Andrew Porter (Daily Telegraph)

.20/07/2009.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

.22/07/2009.

Lunch

.28/07/2009.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Lunch

.01/09/2009.

Dominic Mohan (The Sun)

Lunch

.02/09/2009.

Lunch

.07/09/2009.

Amanda and Freddie Barclay (Telegraph Media Group)

Social

.08/09/2009.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

.09/09/2009.

Andy Grice, Roger Alton (The Independent)

Lunch

.10/09/2009.

Janet Daley (Daily Telegraph)

General discussion

.10/09/2009.

Drinks

.16/09/2009.

Deborah Turness (ITV)

Dinner

.16/09/2009.

Lunch

.16/09/2009.

Media

Press conference

.18/09/2009.

Dylan Jones (GQ)

.21/09/2009.

James Murdoch (BskyB/News Corporation) Rebekah Brooks (News International)

Dinner

.21/09/2009.

John Mullin, James Harding, John Rentoul (The Independent on Sunday)

Drinks

.22/09/2009.

General discussion

.24/09/2009.

Sly Bailey (Trintity Mirror plc), Tina Weaver (Sunday Mirror), Richard Wallace (Daily Mirror), Lloyd Embley (People)

Lunch

.28/09/2009.

Paul Dacre, Stephen Glover, Peter Oborne, Quentin Letts, Amanda Platell, James Chapman (Daily Mail)

Dinner

.04/10/2009.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Tony Gallagher, Ian MacGregor (Sunday Telegraph)

Dinner

.05/10/2009.

Dominic Mohan, George Pascoe-Watson (The Sun)

Dinner

.05/10/2009.

The Spectator

Reception

.05/10/2009.

Daily Telegraph

Reception

.06/10/2009.

James Harding, Keith Blackmore, Peter Riddell, Phil Webster, Daniel Finklestein (The Times)

Lunch

.06/10/2009.

Malcolm Douglas, Martin Frizell (GMTV)

Drinks

.06/10/2009.

News International

Reception

.06/10/2009.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

General discussion

.06/10/2009.

General discussion

.06/10/2009.

Political editors

Drinks

.06/10/2009.

Tom Bradby (ITV)

General discussion

.07/07/2010.

Colin Myler, Jane Johnson, Ian Kirby Fraser Nelson (News of the World)

Breakfast

.07/10/2009.

Geordie Greig (Evening Standard)

General discussion

.07/10/2009.

General discussion

.07/10/2009.

Macer Hall, Patrick O'Flynn (Daily Express)

General discussion

.08/10/2009.

General discussion

.13/10/2009.

British Society of Magazine Editors

Drinks

.16/10/2009.

David Dinsmore (Scottish Sun)

General discussion

.16/10/2009.

Euan McCombe (Scottish News of the World)

General discussion

.21/10/2009.

Irwin Seltzer (The Times)

Dinner

.27/10/2009.

Media

Press conference

.02/11/2009.

James Murdoch (BskyB/News Corporation), Rebekah Brooks (News International)

Breakfast

.02/11/2009.

Drinks

.03/11/2009.

General discussion

.03/11/2009.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Drinks

.03/11/2009.

Trevor MacDonald

Event

.04/11/2009.

Editors

Phone Call

.10/11/2009.

Alan Rusbridger (The Guardian)

Event

.12/11/2009.

Sly Bailey (Trinity Mirror plc)

Lunch

.24/11/2009.

Bruce Anderson (The Indpendenent)

Social

.25/11/2009.

Dinner

.25/11/2009.

Dawn Neesom (Daily Star)

General discussion

.01/12/2009.

Paul Potts (PA News)

Lunch

.02/12/2009.

Adam Boulton (Sky News)

Dinner

.07/12/2009.

Madeleine Bunting (The Guardian)

Event

.08/12/2009.

Lobby

Drinks

.08/12/2009.

Patience Wheatcroft, Robert Thomson (Wall Street Journal)

General discussion

.09/12/2009.

Dinner

.15/12/2009.

Breakfast

.15/12/2009.

The Sun

Event

.18/12/2009.

Elizabeth Murdoch (Shine Limited)

Social

.05/01/2010.

Jo Elvin (Glamour magazine)

Breakfast

.06/01/2010.

Deborah Turness (ITN)

General discussion

.14/01/2010.

Lunch

.18/01/2010.

Roland Watson (The Times)

General discussion

.19/01/2010.

Richard Desmond (Northern and Shell)

Dinner

.20/01/2010.

Guy Black (Daily Telegraph)

General discussion

.21/01/2010.

James Murdoch (BskyB/News Corporation), Rebekah Brooks (News International)

Drinks

.21/01/2010.

Martin Townsend (The Sunday Express)

General discussion

.26/01/2010.

Tony Gallagher (Daily Telegraph)

Lunch

.28/01/2010.

International Media Council

Event

.28/01/2010.

John Daniszewski (AP)

General discussion

.28/01/2010.

Will Lewis (Daily Telegraph), Fredric Michel (News Corporation), James Harding (The Times), Robert Peston (BBC News)

Dinner

.29/01/2010.

James Harding (The Times), John Witherow (The Sunday Times), Rebeah Brooks (News International)

Event

.04/02/2010.

Mark Thompson (BBC)

Lunch

.05/02/2010.

ITV

Event

.05/02/2010.

.08/02/2010.

gloria de Piero (GMTV)

Drinks

.08/02/2010.

Murdoch MacLennan (Telegraph Media Group), Will Lewis (Telegraph Media Group), Ian MacGregor (Sunday Telegraph), Tony Gallagher, Ben Brogan, Andrew Porter, Patrick Hannessy (Daily Telegraph)

Drinks

.09/02/2010.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Breakfast

.12/02/2010.

Event

.20/02/2010.

Dinner

.22/02/2010.

Drinks

.24/02/2010.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Dinner

.02/03/2010.

General discussion

.04/03/2010.

Gordie Greig (Evening Standard)

General discussion

.04/03/2010.

Tom Newton Dunn (The Sun)

General discussion

.05/03/2010.

ITV

.08/03/2010.

Media producers/editors

Drinks

.22/03/2010.

Breakfast

.22/02/2010.

Toby Helm, John Mulhollan, Paul Webster, Rafael Bhr, Andrew Rawnsley (The Observer)

Drinks

.25/03/2010.

Readers of The Sun Journalists present (The Sun)

Cameron Direct

.29/03/2010.

General discussion

.29/03/2010.

Evgeny Lebedev (Lebedev Holdings Limited)

Drinks

.30/03/2010.

Alan Rusbridger (The Guardian)

Drinks

.31/03/2010.

Drinks

.01/04/2010.

Paul Dacre (Daily Mail)

Communication

.05/04/2010.

Drinks

.06/04/2010.

Tom Newton Dunn (The Sun)

Meeting

.07/04/2010.

Catherine Mayer (Time Magazine)

Meeting

.08/04/2010.

Meeting

.09/04/2010.

Patrick Hennessy (The Sunday Telegraph)

Meeting

.09/04/2010.

Tim Montgomerie (Conservative Home)

Meeting

.11/04/2010.

John Higginson (Metro)

Meeting

.12/04/2010.

Meeting

.14/04/2010.

Jeremy Thompson (Sky)

Meeting

.14/04/2010.

Kitty Donaldson (Bloomberg TV)

Meeting

.16/04/2010.

Tom Bradby (ITV)

Meeting

.20/04/2010.

Nick Robinson (BBC News)

Meeting

.25/04/2010.

Anthony Faiola (Washington Post)

Meeting

.25/04/2010.

Janan Ganesh (The Economist)

Meeting

.26/04/2010.

Andy Bell (Channel 5)

Meeting

.26/04/2010.

Meeting

.26/04/2010.

Drinks

.30/04/2010.

Peter Allen (BBC Radio 5 Live)

Meeting

.02/05/2010.

Andrew Porter, Rob Winnett (Daily Telegraph)

Meeting

.02/05/2010.

Andy Grice (The Independent)

Well, David Cameron certainly courted the Press prior to the Election!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 28 Jul - 8:22

Michael Wolff

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 29 May 2012 21.38 BST

Wendi Deng has disclosed that Tony Blair is godfather to Rupert Murdoch's nine-year-old daughter, Grace. Photograph: Mike Theiler/EPA

I can connect a few more Blair-Murdoch dots, beyond what Blair offered this week to the Leveson inquiry.

By the time Tony Blair flew out to Hayman Island in 1995 to address a News Corp conference, Murdoch was sick of the Tories. He believed that he had lost his preferential position with John Major's government – so assiduously courted with Margaret Thatcher – that he was condescended to, and wasn't taken seriously.

Blair was right in his testimony: Murdoch isn't out to cut deals with his political allies. He's not lobbying. Yes, he'll expect to be able to call on you if need be (for a deal as big as BSkyB, for instance), but mostly, he's looking for a much more pervasive sense of comfort and confidence. What he wants is: 1) access – a near-constant availability to him, his executives, and his editors; 2) receptivity – you've got to take the Murdoch worldview into account; treat it seriously; cross it cautiously; and understand the power behind it.

The Blair gambit – perhaps, the key gambit of his career – was to try to offer this to Murdoch. In 2008, when I interviewed Blair about his relationship with Murdoch, Blair was almost wry in his reflections about the sense of manners and rituals that had to be observed and feints that had to be made around Murdoch and his people. In a sense, those early years are testament to Blair's fortitude and sense of self. Murdoch and henchmen don't sugar-coat their basic contempt for politicians. Part of their test of New Labour was to treat it with scorn.

In the face of such aggressive surliness, could Blair maintain his willingness and equanimity? Really, it is not possible to underestimate how much Murdoch needs to feel you'll bend when he blows.

In a sense, what Murdoch seeks with politicians is the opposite of a cozy relationship – a nuance beyond the reach of Leveson. What makes Murdoch comfortable is an arms-length understanding of status and roles. Certainly, his relationship with Mrs Thatcher was always exceedingly formal. He doesn't even much want to have a conversation.

Murdoch doesn't particularly like politicians; politicians don't particularly like Murdoch. They ought merely to know what he wants and hence keep him happy enough. Simple.

But this arm-length notion of roles and position changed substantially when Blair was prime minister – indeed, in ways that could be seen as leading directly to the Leveson inquiry.

The Blair era marks the movement of the Murdoch family into a key position in the political matrix. Where, before, his primary contact with Downing Street was through cronies like Irwin Stelzer and Woodrow Wyatt – who could more easily be fended off ("A bloody menace," said Thatcher's press secretary, Bernard Ingham, about Wyatt, a "poisonous little twerp") – now his children stepped into the job. Murdoch's willingness to embrace Labour (beyond his grudge against Major) is partly because his children were leaning that way, and because his children were able to help make Blair more amenable to him.

Not incidentally, the Murdoch sons, Lachlan and James, are in some of the early meetings between Murdoch and Blair. And Blair methodically plays to them and ingratiates himself with them.

Murdoch's son-in-law, Matthew Freud, becomes a Blair fixture – arguably, one of Blair's most important ministers without portfoli: not just the necessary go-between, but an adviser to both camps. He's telling Blair how to deal with Murdoch and the Murdoch press, and also telling the Murdoch press – Rebekah Brooks (then Wade) is Freud's protégée and BFF – how it can both best position and best play Tony.

What's more, Blair's term as prime minister coincides with Murdoch's relationship with Wendi Deng. As it happens, the Blairs are especially cordial to the new Mrs Murdoch – in the face of much hostility from the rest of the Murdoch family and empire. (While Murdoch's children, especially his daughter, Elisabeth, are cold to Wendi, Freud, her husband, is urging Blair to embrace Deng.)

Blair becomes one of Wendi's first official social conquests, in her developing role both as Murdoch social emissary and social power player. Wendi Murdoch becomes a curious wrinkle in the power equation – a way for Blair to see himself as having control of Murdoch, of joining with Wendi to handle him.

It is Wendi Murdoch who, in 2008, when I am writing about her husband, urges me to speak to Blair; she personally sets up the appointment. And it is Blair, spending several hours with me, who has clearly been assigned the job of speaking for the Murdoch family as a whole, of representing the organism. Blair, before I arrived, had been briefed about what individual members of the family had said to me and now how they might like to qualify their views and statements.

Blair becomes the model political relationship for Murdoch – or, rather, for the Murdoch family.

The curious quid pro quo here is that the family helps the politician deal with Murdoch (running a kind of tutorial in how to accord Murdoch and his issues the proper respect), while the stature and power of the politicians gives the family greater standing with Murdoch (and, as well, in the London social order). This is the theme, post Blair, that has continued to play out with David Cameron. (Cameron was the preferred candidate of the family, not least of all because Gordon Brown had his own separate relationship with Murdoch.) The Murdoch relatives see to it that Cameron is better fitted to Murdoch's taste, and Cameron helps give the Murdoch family the heft and clout and social position to help them stand up to the old man.

And that mutual need is one of the reasons for the present mess.

• Follow Michael Wolff on Twitter

• This article will not be open to comment for legal reasons

• Editor's note: Hayman Island was originally misspelt as Hyman Island; the article was amended at 9.20am EST on 30 May 2012
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 31 Jul - 14:21

Can't believe this:

ITV News ‏@itvnews

Report: Boris Johnson has invited Rupert Murdoch and his wife to the Olympics swimming final on Friday http://itv.co/MX6N8v
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 31 Jul - 17:08

Rupert Murdoch’s resignation from the boards of several News Corp. (NWS) newspapers may seek to reassure investors that the fallout from a U.K. phone-hacking scandal won’t follow them after the company splits into two units.

Directorships the 81-year-old News Corp. (NWSA) chairman and chief executive officer quit last week include at News International, the U.K. division that publishes The Times and The Sun, newspapers that Murdoch acquired and used to help build a $53 billion global media empire over the past decades.

June 28 (Bloomberg) -- Rupert Murdoch, chairman and chief executive officer of News Corp., talks about the decision to split the media company into two publicly traded entities focused on publishing and entertainment, challenges for the company's newspapers and lessons learned from recent controversy surrounding News Corp. Murdoch speaks with Betty Liu on Bloomberg Television's "Lunch Money." Bloomberg LP, the parent of Bloomberg News, competes with News Corp. units in providing financial news and information. (Source: Bloomberg)

5:28

June 26 (Bloomberg) -- Reed Phillips, co-founder of DeSilva & Phillips LLC, and Paul Sweeney, a Bloomberg Industries analyst, talk about reports News Corp. Chief Executive Officer Rupert Murdoch is considering breaking the company into two publicly held entities. They speak with Cory Johnson on Bloomberg Television's "Taking Stock." (Source: Bloomberg)

4:06

June 26 (Bloomberg) -- Alex de Groote, an analyst at Panmure Gordon, talks about News Corp.'s stake in British Sky Broadcasting Group Plc and the possibility of Rupert Murdoch splitting his media company into two. He speaks with Manus Cranny on Bloomberg Television's "Last Word." (Source: Bloomberg)

3:39

June 26 (Bloomberg) -- David Bank, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, talks about News Corp.'s announcement that Rupert Murdoch may split the firm into two publicly traded companies with one unit focusing on publishing and the other on entertainment. He speaks with Erik Schatzker and Stephanie Ruhle on Bloomberg Television's "Market Makers." (Source: Bloomberg)
While News Corp. described the resignations as “nothing more than a corporate housecleaning exercise” before the planned separation, the New York-based company is formalizing a more distant role for Murdoch, said Claire Enders, founder and CEO of London-based media researcher Enders Analysis. U.K. regulator Ofcom is examining whether Murdoch is fit and proper to control a broadcasting license through News Corp.’s 39 percent stake in British Sky Broadcasting Group Plc. (BSY)

“The Murdochs have always been keen to sit on every board and have a finger in every pie,” said Enders, whose company advises clients including the U.K. government. “The newspapers don’t benefit anymore in the U.K. from having the ear of Rupert Murdoch” and his resignation from the boards “seems to me to be potentially pleasing to every constituency.”

Company Split

Bowing to pressure from shareholders, News Corp. said last month it plans to split into two publicly traded entities. The publishing business will consist of newspapers in the U.S., U.K. and Australia, as well as book, education and marketing assets. The media-and-entertainment company will have film and TV businesses. Murdoch is slated to be chairman of both units and CEO of entertainment when the deal closes in about a year.

In the year since the Guardian newspaper reported on July 4, 2011 that journalists at News International’s News of the World hacked into the voice-mail account of a murdered teenager, News Corp. has shut the tabloid and abandoned a 7.8 billion- pound ($12 billion) bid for the remaining 61 percent of BSkyB.

Other boards that Murdoch stepped down from last week include those of Newscorp Investments and Times Newspapers Holdings, according to a regulatory filing. Prudence MacLeod, Murdoch’s oldest daughter, remains a director at Times Newspapers, a body Murdoch created to guarantee the Times’ editorial independence after he bought the newspaper in 1981.

Daisy Dunlop, a News Corp. spokeswoman in London, said some of the directorships Murdoch gave up are “small subsidiary boards, both in the U.K and U.S.”

News Corp. fell 1.1 percent to A$21.40 in Australian trading and has advanced 19 percent this year.

‘Fully Committed’

Tom Mockridge, head of News International, told staff in a weekend memo that Murdoch “remains fully committed to our business as chairman,” a person familiar with the e-mail said, asking not to be identified because the message wasn’t public.

James, Murdoch’s younger son, also resigned from the boards of News International and its newspapers this year. He stepped down as chairman of BSkyB in April after his involvement in News International attracted unwanted attention to the stake. The Ofcom regulator has the authority to revoke a broadcaster’s license, threatening part of News Corp.’s most profitable business.

“After all, James and Rupert Murdoch are not all that different in the play-out of the scandal,” Enders said. “They’ve both been heavily implicated in different ways. So this is a response.”

Sun Circulation

Operating income at News Corp.’s publishing unit, which includes the Wall Street Journal, New York Post and Times of London, dropped 32 percent from fiscal 2008 to 2011, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. A shift to the Web has cut industry advertising and circulation revenue, while News Corp.’s entertainment units, including Fox networks and the Twentieth Century Fox film studio, increased profit by 13 percent.

Bloomberg LP, the parent of Bloomberg News, competes with News Corp. units in providing financial news and information.

Circulation at The Sun has declined 7.7 percent in the past year through June, according to the Audit Bureau of Circulation. The Times has lost 11 percent of readers as total daily circulation in the U.K. has declined 9.3 percent.

News Corp.’s Sunday newspapers, which took a hit after the News of the World closed, are declining as well. In May 2011, about a month before it shut, the 168-year-old News of the World had 2.7 million customers. News Corp. released the Sunday version of the Sun in February to try to win back customers. Since February, circulation has declined by almost a third to 2.1 million readers, according to ABC.

Political Influence

After inheriting an Australian newspaper in Adelaide in 1953, Murdoch built his empire, eventually acquiring television assets and expanding internationally. In 1969 he bought The Sun and The News of the World tabloids in the U.K.

His newspapers helped make him one of the world’s richest men, giving him a net worth of $8.3 billion as of March, and ranking him as the 106th wealthiest person, according to Forbes. They’ve also provided him a platform to influence politicians.

As part of a judge-led inquiry into the phone-hacking scandal, Prime Minister David Cameron and other high-ranking British politicians were forced to explain why they attended Murdoch family weddings, Christmas parties and vacations, accepting rides on private jets and holding meetings on yachts.

Murdoch has made public his desire for one of his children to follow him as CEO, grooming his oldest son Lachlan, daughter Elisabeth as well as James as executives within his empire.

“You do have, for the first time, a complete Murdoch gap,” Enders said. “They have a very direct and engaged style of management in a number of matters by sitting on those boards, but this unfortunately hasn’t saved them from embarrassment.”

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 1 Aug - 21:59

TOMORROW AT 1105PM ON CH4 THERE IS SUPPOSEDLY A PROGRAMME CALLED UNDERCOVER AT THE NEWS OF THE WORLD.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 3 Aug - 6:28

Submit this story

In July last year I suggested that the claims made by Rebekah Brooks that she knew nothing of phone hacking under her tenure, if true, suggested she was at best a poor leader, and that if she was indeed neutral in shaping the culture under her at News International, we had to look further up the food chain for those culpable - recalling the old saying, a fish rots from the headhttp://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/alex-jaconelli/a-fish-rots-from-the-head_b_894606.html.

Seems I was wrong - Apparently there was a systematic deception that succeeded in duping Brooks, Murdoch junior and Murdoch senior. Don't look up, look down. Robert Jay QC, the enquiry's chief interrogator, used a style reminiscent of a certain raincoat wearing detective and in the best tradition of Columbo, just one thing. I could only believe this level of deception if another explanation previously put forward by News International by had held water, that of the rogue reporter.

Rogue actions are by definition against the prevailing culture, and usually kept secret by the protagonist for fear of the repercussions of being found out (think Nick Leason, rogue trader). But as we all know that explanation was skewered and it became known that the practice was widespread and long standing. So, it was part of the "ways of working" it would have been known, shared and talked about.

Not withstanding that at least one of the "powerful individuals" has stepped forward to deny the accusation (NOW's chief lawyer Tom Crone), we are left with an apology of the "if only I knew" type. In essence this apology provides the perfect combination of acknowledging the known facts as they currently stand, and avoiding the culpability for the hacking that took place.

This defence smacks of an appropriate construction, and in the absence of further evidence to the contrary may well stand. However given the long standing nature of the behaviour everyone agrees as unacceptable I stand by my initial observation. When you sit atop an organisation your behaviours shape the culture below you, people act in a way to please you since their future depends upon it. This can go wrong (the way patients are shuffled to massage NHS waiting lists being a prime example) but that doesn't excuse the person or people at the top.

What was the motivation to deceive Rebekah Brooks and James Murdoch? In the same way that the PM hopes Jeremy Hunt survives as a buffer if nothing else, if he goes the scandal lands at the doorstep of the next person up. If Brooks and Murdoch junior are found to have known more than they are letting on, then the heat is greater on Murdoch senior.

For Murdoch to present himself, his son and Brooks as some kind of victims is the most egregious example of the people at the top (for which they are very well rewarded) ducking responsibility. I can actually believe Murdoch Senior knew nothing of this, but if the evidence finally points to his fellow "victims" being somewhat better informed, he will look somewhat less powerful and not the figure of the "hands on" proprietor we are invited to believe. When it is appropriate of course.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 3 Aug - 6:33

Former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks has been formally charged with phone hacking and will appear in court next month.

Brooks, 44, answered bail at Lewisham police station and will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on September 3.

The charges were announced last week by the CPS but Brooks had not been formally charged until today.

Six other journalists from the News of the World, including David Cameron's former spin doctor Andy Coulson, have been officially charged and will appear at the same court on August 16.

The seven stand accused of one general charge of alleged phone hacking between October 2000 and August 2006 that could affect as many as 600 victims.

Brooks, of Churchill, Oxford, and Coulson face specific charges of illegally accessing the voicemail of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.

The other former NOTW staff who face court action are ex-managing editor Stuart Kuttner, former news editor Greg Miskiw, former head of news Ian Edmondson, ex-chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck and former reporter James Weatherup.

In a statement issued last month, Brooks insisted she was innocent, adding: "The charge concerning Milly Dowler is particularly upsetting, not only as it is untrue but also because I have spent my journalistic career campaigning for victims of crime. I will vigorously defend these allegations."

Brooks is already facing three counts of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, linked to the investigation into phone hacking.

She and five others, including her racehorse trainer husband Charlie, who faces one count of the same offence, are due to appear at Southwark Crown Court in London on September 26.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 3 Aug - 12:40

RUPERT MURDOCH WANTS BORIS JOHNSON TO BE NEXT TORY LEADER
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 3 Aug - 16:03

Badboy wrote:RUPERT MURDOCH WANTS BORIS JOHNSON TO BE NEXT TORY LEADER

I like Boris , not sure of his ethics but if he has any sense he will not get involved with Murdoch. With all the scandal
over the phone hacking and so many being charged I think there are very few Politicians now who would want his help.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 4 Aug - 17:21

First we have Boris Johnson, now this:

Video footage of Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt smiling and shaking hands with Rupert Murdoch at the Olympics on Friday suggests the pair are "as close as ever," a Labour MP has said.

ITN filmed Mr Hunt talking to the News Corp boss near the Aquatics Centre.

Labour's Jim Sheridan said the film suggested "no contrition" for mistakes since Mr Hunt faced questions over his handling of News Corp's BSkyB bid.

But Mr Hunt's office said the meeting was an "exchange in passing".

News Corp said it had "no comment" to make on the affair.

Rupert Murdoch had been invited to the Olympics by London Mayor Boris Johnson.

In the video, shot on a mobile phone in the Olympic park, the News Corp chairman and Mr Hunt are seen smiling, shaking hands and conversing briefly before the culture secretary gets into a car and is driven away.

Mr Sheridan, who sits on the Commons committee which probed the phone-hacking affair, said: "It looks like the relationship [between Mr Hunt and Mr Murdoch] is as close as ever.

"The relationship between the Conservative Party and the Murdoch empire still looks strong.

"And after everything that's gone on, the very fact that Boris Johnson invited Murdoch to the Olympics is outrageous.

"What do Milly Dowler's family make of that I wonder? There appears to be no contrition whatsoever for the mistakes."

Mr Murdoch was questioned by MPs and Lord Leveson in connection with the phone-hacking scandal, which led to the closure of his News of the World title, after it emerged journalists had hacked into thousands of mobile phones, among them one belonging to schoolgirl murder victim Milly Dowler.

Former News International head Rebekah Brooks and other senior journalists have since been arrested and charged with various offences related to phone hacking.

'Chance' meeting

A spokeswoman for Mr Hunt said the meeting between had been an "exchange in passing".

She said: "They met in the margins at an event and they said hello and it's nothing more than that."

She confirmed that Mr Hunt did know that Mr Murdoch would be at Olympic Park as a guest of Boris Johnson, but said the greeting was by chance.

The cabinet minister was in the Olympic Park to watch GB swimmer Rebecca Adlington's event, the spokeswoman said.

"They happened to be in the same place. They just said hello. If you meet someone you know, you normally say hello. It wasn't prearranged," she added.

Mr Hunt's relationship with the Murdochs was examined by the Leveson inquiry into media ethics after it emerged the cabinet minister had written a memo to Downing Street backing a News Corp takeover of BSkyB.

Although the memo was written before Mr Hunt inherited the job of deciding whether the takeover should go ahead, critics said he had compromised his role because he could be seen to be not impartial.

At the time, the culture secretary said he "strictly followed due process" in the matter, and denied that News Corp had any "back channel" of influence with his office.

Mr Hunt also said claims made on 4 July 2011 that Milly Dowler's phone had been hacked had made him re-evaluate the News Corp bid.

The culture secretary's special adviser later resigned over "inappropriate contact" with News Corp.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 4 Aug - 19:32

Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 477442  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 477442

if Boris is taken in by Murdoch, then its the end for Boris, lets hope he has his head screwed on  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 303636
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 4 Aug - 19:57

Lillyofthevalley wrote:  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 477442  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 477442

if Boris is taken in by Murdoch, then its the end for Boris, lets hope he has his head screwed on  Is this Armageddon for Murdoch and NewsCorp? - Page 29 303636

Boris and Cameron attended Eton and were rivals, Boris being the more flamboyant and Cameron quite serious. I quite
like Boris, he COULD make a good PM , but would have to be squeaky clean. Boris ended up President of the Students
Union, Cameron had an Aunt working at Buckingham Palace who pulled a few strings to get him a job at Conservative
Central Office.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 4 Aug - 20:58

You know what, when I heard this I thought....boris wants to be PM.....and I giggled to meself...

My god, have i learnt a lot over the past couple off years....nest off vipers came to mind...

Haha......it's gonna happen lol..

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 4 Aug - 21:00

I also think...Tony blair is coming back...he will be the head off the labour party when re- election comes up.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 4 Aug - 23:23

kitti wrote:I also think...Tony blair is coming back...he will be the head off the labour party when re- election comes up.

Can you believe this? He is "political advisor "to Ed Milliband. Shows what a sorry state Politics is in, I wouldn't vote for any of them.

Last edited by Panda on Sun 5 Aug - 7:58; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 5 Aug - 7:58

Hacking Case

By Don Jeffrey - Aug 3, 2012 12:00 AM GMT+0100
.QUEUE

Rebekah Brooks, the former editor of News Corp. (NWSA)’s now-closed News of the World tabloid in the U.K., was was released on bail after being charged with unlawfully intercepting voice-mail messages of people to get information for news stories.

Brooks, 44, was ordered to report to Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Sept. 3, the Metropolitan Police Service said in a statement yesterday.

Rebekah Brooks, former head of News Corp.'s U.K. publishing unit News International in London on Friday, June 22, 2012. Photographer: Jason Alden/Bloomberg
Brooks and others including Andrew Coulson, who had been Prime Minister David Cameron’s press chief until the scandal broke, conspired to hack the mobile-phone messages of more than 600 people between 2000 and 2006, British authorities said.

The alleged victims included actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and the murdered British schoolgirl Milly Dowler, who was reported missing in 2002.

Brooks was charged with three counts of conspiring to intercept communications in the course of their transmission, without lawful authority. One of the counts applied to Dowler and another to Andrew Gilchrist, a former union leader who sued News Corp.’s News International unit in February for allegedly hacking his phone.

Stephen Parkinson, a lawyer for Brooks, didn’t immediately return an e-mail yesterday after regular business hours in London.

Daisy Dunlop, a spokeswoman for News International, said in an e-mail the company had no comment on the charges.

News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch shut down the 168-year- old tabloid last year in the wake of the scanda
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next