Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katie Piper

+2
pennylane
mara thon
6 posters

Go down

Katie Piper Empty Katie Piper

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 12:05

Ive just finished reading her story. She was 24 and met a man called Daniel Lynch on facebook. Her life turned into a nightmare. He held her captive, brutally raped her and got another man to throw acid over her. Her face and neck were distroyed but she tells her story all through her recovery and the court case that she had to endure because of this bastard Lynch. If anyone gets a chance to read her book it is well worth it. the name of the book is "Beautiful" A beautiful girl, an evil Man. One inspiring story of courage.

Here is the foundation she set up following her ordeal to help other burns victims

http://www.katiepiperfoundation.org.uk/

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Katie Piper Empty Re: Katie Piper

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 12:17

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/model-katie-pipers-struggle-after-rape-and-acid-attack-14535601.html

Model Katie Piper's struggle after rape and acid attack

0 0ShareThisNewMonday, 19 October 2009

C4
Katie Piper: victim of a rape and an acid attack by a jealous boyfriend

More pictures Ads by Google

Child Protection Courses
Call 0800 731 9271 - UK's No.1Complementary Therapy College
www.bsygroup.co.uk

Everything MUST Go
40'' LED TV Sold for €104Nintendo Wii Sold for €14
Ziinga.com

EazySafe
Online Safety Training- We're the Experts!
www.EazySafe.com

A model and aspiring TV presenter who had sulphuric acid thrown in her face has revealed details of her courageous battle to recover and pioneering surgery to treat her burns.
Katie Piper Model110
Katie Piper was left fighting for her life when her jealous boyfriend Daniel Lynch raped her and then arranged for another man to throw the corrosive liquid on her.

The acid burned through all four layers of skin on her face and some spilled down her throat, damaging it so badly that she needs to be fed through a tube into her stomach.

She was left blind in one eye and has undergone more than 30 operations on her face and throat. Surgeons had to remove the skin from her entire face and use an artificial skin substitute and skin grafts from other parts of her body to rebuild it.

The 26-year-old's recovery will feature in a Channel 4 documentary later this month, and she has waived her right to anonymity over the sexual assault. In the film, she says she was a “fun person” before the attack on March 31 last year.

She said: “I was a fun person. I had lots of friends. If I went somewhere and people met me for the first time they would say ‘Oh, you're really pretty’ and I would think ‘Yeah, I am’.”

In the wake of the attack and only able to communicate by writing, she told her mother Diane “kill me”.

She now wears a plastic pressure mask for 23 hours a day to flatten her scars and keep in moisture.

She said: “I think I've got the chance to build a life.

“I don't it's going to be that easy, but I wanna try. I want to move on from my attack, and I don't want to be a scared little child. I want to blossom into a confident, able woman.”

”My dream would be just to live a normal life and after all this be able to meet somebody again and learn to trust a guy and the normal dream: a girl wants to get married and have kids.”

She has thanked the hospital staff who saved her life and have cared for her since the attack.

“Coming to terms with the fact that my life as I knew it before the acid attack was over, and that my facial appearance had changed forever, has been incredibly difficult,” she said. “I wouldn't have been able to rebuild my life without the support of all the staff at Chelsea and Westminster.

“I want to say thank you to everyone in the Burns Service, in particular my surgeon Mohammad Jawad who has done an amazing job of rebuilding my face - it has exceeded my expectations of what I ever thought would be medically possibly. I'm absolutely thrilled.”

She told the News of the World that she had decided to go public to raise awareness of the plight of burns victims.

Miss Piper said: “I've decided to tell my story so that people know what these men did to me. To help people understand who have ignorance about people that look different, and for people not to be frightened of burns and the stigma attached to it, to understand that it's still the same person underneath.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/model-katie-pipers-struggle-after-rape-and-acid-attack-14535601.html#ixzz1VNVoRPiY
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 12:18

Katie Piper Crime_10

KATIE BEFORE
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 12:19

Katie Piper Crime_11
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 18 Aug - 12:20

i have her book and watched her doco awesome women and brave
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Katie Piper Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Katie Piper Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 12:21

DANIEL LYNCH WHO SUBJECTED KATIE TO HER ORDEAL

Katie Piper 15408810
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 12:22

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/breakfast/8314689.stm

Katie Piper was young and beautiful; a model and budding TV presenter, the 24-year-old had a glowing future ahead of her. But on 31st March 2008 a vicious acid attack destroyed her face - and with it her career and life as she knew it. More than a year on, and having undergone countless operations and rounds of physiotherapy, Katie has now chosen to give up her anonymity and tell her own story for the first time.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Katie Piper Empty Katie's story My beautiful face

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 12:26

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-face/4od#3019774

Katie: My Beautiful Face (49 mins) [S]
First Broadcast: 9PM Thursday 29 Oct 2009 Channel 4

Katie was young and beautiful. A model and budding TV presenter, the 24-year-old had a glowing future ahead of her. But in 2008 a vicious acid attack destroyed her face, and with it her… More Series 1 Episode 1 Katie: My Beautiful Face
Contains scenes of surgery and medical treatments which may distress some viewers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 18 Aug - 12:57

Antoinette, thank you. As I scrolled down, I found myself gasping as the photos of Katie appeared.

What amazing courage Katie has shown. As for Daniel Lynch, I think someone should take a baseball bat to his face. What a despicable excuse for a human being.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Thu 18 Aug - 14:51

Baseball bat wounds would heal Anna, what he needs is branding, something like "I am a vile abuser and coward" and a permanent picture of what he did to that lovely girl tattooed on his face saying "this is what I did". That should ensure he would never get another girl near him for the rest of his sad life.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 18 Aug - 15:08

mara thon wrote:Baseball bat wounds would heal Anna, what he needs is branding, something like "I am a vile abuser and coward" and a permanent picture of what he did to that lovely girl tattooed on his face saying "this is what I did". That should ensure he would never get another girl near him for the rest of his sad life.

Anyone who throws acid in someone's face should have the same done to them! I'll bet that particular crime would be stopped in its tracks if that were the law.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 18 Aug - 15:33

katie was and still is beautiful beauty is skin deep imo and to rise above that amount of that trauma takes courage imo he may have damaged katies face but he didnt destroy her spirit
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 18 Aug - 15:50

Daniel Lynch will need to be protected 24/7 in prison. Even with that, I can foresee that sooner or later someone is going to get him and it'll be payback time.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 23:16

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-friends/articles/video-interview-katie-piper

Friday 18 March 2011
An exclusive video interview with Katie Piper on her attack, her hopes for the future and her new series

In our exclusive video interview, Katie Piper talks movingly about her attack, her hopes for the future and her new series.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 23:18

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-friends/4od#3188828

Series 1 Episode 1
Katie: My Beautiful Friends (48 mins) [S]
Katie meets two young women who have experienced very different forms of disfigurement. More Series 1 Episode 1 Katie: My Beautiful Friends
Strong language and graphic scenes of surgery which some viewers may find distressing

There's support information for issues raised plus a video interview with Katie at channel4.com/Katie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 23:20

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-friends/4od#3189495

Series 1 Episode 2
Katie's charity is about to launch and Simon Cowell has agreed to be the patron. The pressure is on Katie to get the launch right. More Series 1 Episode 2 Katie: My Beautiful Friends
Flashing images, strong language and scenes of surgery

There's support information for issues raised plus a video interview with Katie at channel4.com/Katie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 23:20

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-friends/4od#3188825

Series 1 Episode 3
Katie seeks out people who, unlike her, were born with their disfigurements. Twenty-one-year-old Amit has Neurofibromatosis, which has disfigured one side of his face and given him… More Series 1 Episode 3 Katie: My Beautiful Friends
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 18 Aug - 23:21

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/katie-my-beautiful-friends/4od#3188827

Series 1 Episode 4
Katie: My Beautiful Friends (47 mins) [S]
Katie has gained the confidence to move out of her parents' home and into her own place. It's a huge step forward: after her attack, it took Katie a year to even venture out to the corner… More Series 1 Episode 4 Katie: My Beautiful Friends
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 18 Aug - 23:27

AnnaEsse wrote:Daniel Lynch will need to be protected 24/7 in prison. Even with that, I can foresee that sooner or later someone is going to get him and it'll be payback time.
I agree Anna...he is an accident waiting to happen, a marked man.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 18 Aug - 23:46

malena stool wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Daniel Lynch will need to be protected 24/7 in prison. Even with that, I can foresee that sooner or later someone is going to get him and it'll be payback time.
YOU ARE NOT SUGGESTING THAT SOME SCUM-ON-SCUM VIOLENCE IS A GOOD THING, ARE YOU, MALENA STOOL?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 19 Aug - 9:59

Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:
YOU ARE NOT SUGGESTING THAT SOME SCUM-ON-SCUM VIOLENCE IS A GOOD THING, ARE YOU, MALENA STOOL?
Katie Piper 303636 possibly not Katie Piper 36898 but, on the other hand....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 19 Aug - 18:00

malena stool wrote:
Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:

He would deserve anything that is done to him. I hope he rots in prison and never gets out. Its amazing that someone who would get another person to destroy another persons life only gets 16 years. He should have been put in prison and not allowed out until he is dead. Katie has to live with this trauma for the rest of hers so why should this Bastard get out and be able to live his life.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 19 Aug - 19:16

Antoinette wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:

He would deserve anything that is done to him. I hope he rots in prison and never gets out. Its amazing that someone who would get another person to destroy another persons life only gets 16 years. He should have been put in prison and not allowed out until he is dead. Katie has to live with this trauma for the rest of hers so why should this Bastard get out and be able to live his life.
Katie Piper 463742 Katie Piper 944533
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down