Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Jackson

Go down

Matthew Jackson Empty Matthew Jackson

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 9:46

Matthew Jackson

Matthew Jackson Untitl41
Age at disappearance: 18

Matthew has been missing from Crawley, West Sussex since 18 December 2009.

When last seen he was in Tenerife. There is great concern for Matthew and he is urged to call our confidential service Message Home on Freefone 0800 800 700 740 for advice and support.

Matthew is 5 ft 9 in tall, of athletic build with blue eyes and short blonde hair. When last seen he was wearing yellow/brown flip flops, a red and white striped t shirt and beige/grey shorts.
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1604
Warning :
Matthew Jackson Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Matthew Jackson Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down

Matthew Jackson Empty Re: Matthew Jackson

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 9:47

Teenage soldier goes missing
Matthew Jackson Matthe10
Published: 24 Dec 2009
Add a comment (6)
A TEENAGE British soldier due to be deployed to Afghanistan has vanished while on holiday with his girlfriend in Tenerife.
Matthew Jackson, 18, went missing following a night out on the island at around 2am last Friday and has not been heard of since.

His concerned mother Lyn flew to Tenerife on Saturday from the family home in Crawley, West Sussex, to be with his girlfriend Amy Taylor, also 18.

The young couple were four days into a week-long holiday at the Pearly Grey Ocean Club hotel in Callao Salvaje, near Playa de las Americas, when he disappeared.

He was last seen after jumping over a wall near their hotel in what Amy thought was a prank. But he has not been seen since and his bank cards have not been used.

Matthew, an electrician and driver with the 16th Signal Regiment based at Elmpt Station in Germany, was on Christmas leave and due back at base on January 4.

Mrs Jackson, 49, a special needs worker, said he was due to be sent to Afghanistan in February to drive Ridgeback armoured trucks but had his deployment date put on hold due to an eye injury.

She said Matthew and his girlfriend had had a minor "tiff" on the night of his disappearance but that small rows were part of their relationship.

Speaking from Tenerife, Mrs Jackson said: "This is totally out of character for him. He has never done anything like this before.

"They did have an argument but it wasn't over anything major. I'd call it just a tiff as they were going back to the hotel after having some drinks.

"Matthew is terrible for his habit of jumping out on people for a laugh and he jumped over a wall which people sit on and look out to sea near the hotel. It has a drop on the other side.

"Amy thought he was messing about and she walked on to the hotel, but he didn't come back. After about 10 minutes, she went down to reception to see if he was there but he wasn't.

"She also went back to the area where he was but couldn't find anything, and then back to the hotel and the bar but again he wasn't there.

"He wouldn't go off and leave Amy by herself. He's not that type of person. He doesn't know anybody out here. We are hoping he has met someone but we just don't know."

Mrs Jackson said there was nothing to suggest he was unhappy about being sent to Afghanistan, saying he lived his life for the Army.

"He couldn't wait to get out there," she said. "Other people would say to me that I must be worried about seeing him go there, but that's what he wanted to do.

"He has wanted to be in the Army since he was 12 - it's his life. He was in the cadets as a schoolboy and he joined the Army when he was 16."

Mrs Jackson said there were also no troubles in her son's personal life.She said: "He and Amy have been going out for two years and were talking about getting engaged.

"They would sit down at night to talk about how many children they would have."

Speaking about a possible explanation for his disappearance, she went on: "I think he may have been knocked unconscious after slipping, maybe. It's just not him to disappear."

Posters have been displayed in the resort, and police have been conducting searches of the area where he was last seen.

Mrs Jackson plans to fly back to the UK shortly with Amy before returning to Tenerife within the week if there are no further developments.

Meanwhile, a Facebook page with more than 4,500 members has been set up by his 21-year-old sister, Claire Jackson, titled "Bring Matt Home for Xmas".

One message read: "Matt, come home. We all miss you! Hope you're safe and well where-ever you are. Come back home soon. Thinking of you and your family xxx."

When last seen, he was wearing a red and white Lacoste T-shirt, grey/beige three-quarter length trousers and a pair of yellow flip-flops.
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 9:47

Girlfriend's regrets over missing Matt

Matthew Jackson Girl10
WORRIED: Amy Taylor, girlfriend of missing Crawley soldier Matthew Jackson, with Matthew's mother Lyn
Matthew Jackson Matt_a10
ROMANTIC: Matthew and Amy in happier times

THE girlfriend of a teenage soldier who vanished during a holiday on a sunshine island fears her sweetheart is dead.

Amy Taylor, 18, has told how she feels "very guilty" after she had an argument with Matthew Jackson on the night he disappeared in Tenerife, just before Christmas.

Matthew, also 18, from Bewbush, hasn't been seen since he jumped over a wall near the sea on December 18, after rowing with his girlfriend during a night out in the holiday resort of Playa de las Americas.

Amy says she has sleepless nights thinking about the man she loves, but nearly five months on, fears he is no longer alive.

She said: "I have nightmares about seeing him and chasing him. But I never catch up with him. I wake up crying and sweating.

"It's devastating to think he's dead but I think he's in the sea. I don't think he's alive any more.

"I wish I'd done so many things differently. I wish I hadn't got jealous or walked away when he jumped over the wall. I want to tell him I'm sorry and that I love him but I know it's too late.

"I'll always be proud of Matt. He was a charming boyfriend and a brave soldier. Life without him is unbearable."

Amy says the pair argued after she spotted Matthew, who was a driver with the 16th Signal Regiment, chatting to a blonde in a bar. As the pair argued on the way back to their hotel Matthew, whose regiment was deployed to Afghanistan in February, jumped over a wall near the sea and vanished.

Speaking for the first time since the disappearance, Amy said: "I accused him of flirting but now I wish I hadn't said anything.

"I feel very guilty – I wish I could tell him I'm sorry but I think it's too late now."

Amy, who met Matthew when they were both 16, says her teenage love was "very romantic".

She said: "He'd come home most weekends to see me and when he left he'd hide notes and cards in my bedroom telling me how much he loved me."

Speaking about the night he went missing, she added: "He was a bit of prankster so I thought he was messing about. But when I got back to the hotel and waited for him he didn't come back."

A page set up on social networking website Facebook in honour of Matthew has so far attracted thousands of hits, while there is also a page devoted to Matthew on the Missing Abroad website.

Visit www.missingabroad.org
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 9:48

Fresh appeal over missing soldier Matthew Jackson
Matthew Jackson
Matthew Jackson had been looking forward to going to Afghanistan

The mother of a teenage soldier from West Sussex who vanished while on holiday with his girlfriend in Tenerife is renewing her appeal for information.

Matthew Jackson, 18, from Crawley, has not been seen since having a row with his girlfriend on 18 December 2009.

The teenager was on Christmas leave and looking forward to serving in Afghanistan.

His mother, Lyn Jackson, is flying to Spain to meet police officers investigating her son's whereabouts.

She said: "There has not been any news at all, which is why I am going out to do something.

"The police think he has had an accident and fallen into the sea but obviously I don't want to think that.

"I do think he is out there somewhere but no-one has seen anything."

'Life on hold'

Ms Jackson will be meeting Spanish police with a representative from the Foreign Office to discuss her son's case.

She will be putting up posters translated into Spanish around the resort of Playa de las Americas where Matthew was staying.

He was last seen jumping over a wall near his hotel in what his girlfriend Amy Taylor, 18, thought was a prank.

He did not have his passport or mobile phone with him.

Playa de las Americas
Matthew Jackson was last seen at the Playa de las Americas resort

Ms Jackson said: "We are taking everything day by day. When the phone rings or when someone knocks on the door, I hope it's going to be some kind of news.

"But it's like everything's on hold until we know what's happened.

"Until we have some news, I am going to be positive and hope he's out there somewhere."

Mr Jackson, an electrician and driver with the 16th Signal Regiment based at Elmpt Station in Germany, was on Christmas leave and due back at base on 4 January.

His family say he is mature for his age and would not have gone absent without leave from the Army.
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 9:49