Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings

+4
jejune
kitti
matthew
Oldartform
8 posters

Go down

Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings Empty Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings

Post  Hunger4Unger Tue 3 Jan - 15:53

I may have missed this or forgot but after just re-watching the dog video, has Grimes said anything regarding it since?
Obviously he is independent so I don't expect him to say anything on the case but has he defended the dogs when put up against scrutiny from the haters?
Hunger4Unger

Male
Number of posts : 16
Warning :
Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings Empty Re: Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings

Post  Oldartform Tue 3 Jan - 16:21

I don`t know of anything more from Martin Grimes apart from his statement, but he did say that GM had contacted his boss at South Yorkshire Police which I always thought was rather arrogant of GM.

"At any time, did Gerald McCann address, either in Portugal or the United Kingdom, the performance of the dogs in this case?
I never met nor spoken to Gerald McCann. However I do know that he addressed my head supervisor at the time, the South Yorkshire Head of Police, or Mr. Meredith Hughes."

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings Empty Re: Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings

Post  matthew Tue 3 Jan - 16:41

What needs to be said? has he had work with the police forces in different countries since 2007 ??

So if the police trust him & his dogs...thats good enough for me
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 3 Jan - 21:32

The dogs did the talking, mr grimes is just the handler.

Mr grimes and is dogs work for the FBI and they get paid ALOT more than they did whilst working for the yorkshire police.

So up yours mccanns....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Tue 3 Jan - 23:42

I agree that Mr Grime doesn't need to comment on his dogs' findings. He's stated that anything they indicate would need to be backed up with other forensic evidence, which is obvious. The dogs can't speak in court. But they also don't know the human concepts of lying and deceit. They indicate, and it's up to the justice system to find the evidence that will stand up in court. I think it's right that convicting someone of a terrible crime should not be an easy thing to do, but the dogs aren't trying to follow human thoughts and beliefs, they're doing what they've been trained to do. The dogs don't care if a crime has been committed - they use their sensitive noses for picking out things which indicate to humans that there's something which needs to be investigated. There's no smell of death where someone has not died.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 4 Jan - 10:01

kitti wrote:The dogs did the talking, mr grimes is just the handler.

Mr grimes and is dogs work for the FBI and they get paid ALOT more than they did whilst working for the yorkshire police.

So up yours mccanns....
ohthey were paid a lot kitti , something like 500 pounds a day . they wanted the best . they got the best . wish dna had been saved , but looking at the lawrance thread . anythings possible
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 4 Jan - 10:14

Martin Grimes was 'told by police not to talk about the McCann case.' Those were the exact words l read in an article l'll have to go and find it now. Has Martin Grimes said anything re:dog findings 25346

ETA: Found it, it was when he book was being serialised, sorry to bring this particular unsavoury headline back.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1385336/Kate-McCann-Madeleine-guilt-meant-I-make-love-Gerry.html

Scroll down to the bottom:

Mr Grime is now a director of a forensic science company, GSS International, and is employed as a sniffer dog expert. He owns both his former police dogs and they continue to work with him.

Yesterday he was in the U.S. on business and a spokesman for the Hampshire-based company said he had been asked by police in the UK not to comment on the McCann case.

Mr Grime and his dog Eddie were involved in the search for remains at the Haut de la Garenne children’s home in Jersey.

The massive investigation in 2008 ended with the conclusion that nothing suspicious was found at the scene and there was no evidence of murder.

----

Now why would the police tell him that? Good news l think!

margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Wed 4 Jan - 10:35

too true margaret , police cannot go talking about their finds during a investigation to the press etc . what has always been a very big worry is that the mcanns can = and will claim trial by press etc .
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Wed 4 Jan - 12:52

It appears that Eddie and Keela are still working, at least according to the following forum re Lisa Irwin:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread760582/pg148

Huhh?? Nope, don't see it.
Even went to her site, looked at her other version, and her "map" -- STILL don't see it.

I was just doing some extra searching about Lisa's case, too, and came across some info on the cadaver dog that was used and "hit" in her parent's home.

The handler's name is Martin Grime; the dogs are Eddie and Keela, and they are known internationally and have a spot-on track record.
Cases in which Eddie has been used are Maddie McCann, Kate Prout, and about 200 others.

A sniffer dog called Eddie, which took part in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann, could not find any trace of her either. (***Blogger note: Eddie found cadaver scent in Prout home. In November 2011, Adrian Prout confessed to murdering Kate.)
Senior Investigating Officer Acting Detective Superintendent Neil Kelly said yesterday: "This has been a complex, thorough and necessarily lengthy investigation to bring us to this point.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those affected, especially Mrs Prout's friends and family, for their understanding, tolerance and patience."
eddieandkeela.blogspot.com...

and on another blog here, a commenter said
I believe that FBI Martin Grime with his dog Eddie alerted in the Irwin home, the same dog that picked up on the death of Maddie McCann...the same dog that picked up on the Kate Prout murder. I have some footage Peter if you would like to see the dog, it was the day reporters were asked not to film

McCann is due to speak at the Leveson inquiry on Wednesday, he of course wants money and is hoping for a large payout.

Today, Sky have censored the cadaver dog findings in the Prout murder as police now begin to search for her body, James Murdoch does not want to upset his pal Gerry and he may settle for a smaller payout.

Same handler, same dog has alerted to over 200 cases !
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunger4Unger Wed 4 Jan - 15:52

Thanks.
To be clear I wasn't questioning the findings.
Hunger4Unger

Male
Number of posts : 16
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down