Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Hope Now

+24
Oldartform
kitti
tanszi
pennylane
almostgothic
jay2001
mara thon
Karen
Angelina
cass
humanist
AnnaEsse
nospinnaker
Lillyofthevalley
marxman
flower
snowflake
wjk
Autumn
T4two
interested
Wallflower
margaret
MaryB
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What Hope Now - Page 3 Empty Re: What Hope Now

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Feb - 21:38

snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
kitti wrote:What's 'of' or 'off' got to do with anything .

So it's 'nasty' to think what I think....

Snowflake think what you want to think....I have read the files and I can add that I came to my conclusion WAY before the files were realised that Madeleine won't be coming back alive ...that is the conclusion off the files and my conclusion...it's not yours...so be it.

same asmy poor spelling which you mentioned first i beleive.
and my saying nasty was to your being nasty mentioning my poor spelling first, so you dont know when to use of or off , so much the same.
i still hope she is alive, you dont........

So, what do you want? A medal? You hope she's alive. OK. Most of us would love to be shown some kind of evidence that would lead to that hope. Do you have any? What evidence gives rise to your continued hope? That she hasn't been found dead? What? And is your hope a belief that she will be or just hope founded on very little? What is your hope founded on? Give us a few reasons to be hopeful!

no medal required.
my hope is based on the fact that until now and to this present moment and under any semblance of justice there is no absolute proof that she is dead and until there is i will continue to HOPE x

Hope really needs to be based on something solid and not just a negative. At the very heart of this case is that there isn't any solid proof that Madeleine was abducted. So, hope that she is alive is pretty groundless. I guess a relative of a missing child in these circumstances might just hope against all the odds, but people not so closely involved probably look at the more logical possibilities. You a relative?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
What Hope Now - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Hope Now - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 12 Feb - 21:53

Iris wrote:I think Margaret made a good point, which appears to be getting overlooked. The new book is supposed to have an update with the details of the SY investigation, right? That implies that SY are keeping the McCanns up to speed with what's happening. But are they really, or is this just TM spin again? I don't for one nanosecond believe that SY are telling TM everything as they go along. There would be too much of a public outcry at a wasted £3m, for one thing.

It was also tweeted by someone that if the book is scheduled for Spring, and it's about the on-going investigation and review, then clearly even the McCanns don't expect Maddie to be found before then. What's happened to their hope, might I ask, as even they seem pretty confident that she won't be found any time soon.

I would imagine if SY are saying anything to the McCanns, it will be along the lines of, things are progressing well. They won't be telling them in what direction things are progressing or any details of the investigation, as much as the McCanns would like everyone to believe.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
What Hope Now - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Hope Now - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 21:56

I would imagine if SY are saying anything to the McCanns, it will be along the lines of,

"You're nicked" "Doc" "(s)"!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 12 Feb - 21:57

The End Is Nigh wrote:

I would imagine if SY are saying anything to the McCanns, it will be along the lines of,

"You're nicked" "Doc" "(s)"!

Oh yes, that aswell! What Hope Now - Page 3 25346
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 12 Feb - 21:59

wjk wrote:
Iris wrote:I think Margaret made a good point, which appears to be getting overlooked. The new book is supposed to have an update with the details of the SY investigation, right? That implies that SY are keeping the McCanns up to speed with what's happening. But are they really, or is this just TM spin again? I don't for one nanosecond believe that SY are telling TM everything as they go along. There would be too much of a public outcry at a wasted £3m, for one thing.

It was also tweeted by someone that if the book is scheduled for Spring, and it's about the on-going investigation and review, then clearly even the McCanns don't expect Maddie to be found before then. What's happened to their hope, might I ask, as even they seem pretty confident that she won't be found any time soon.

I would imagine if SY are saying anything to the McCanns, it will be along the lines of, things are progressing well. They won't be telling them in what direction things are progressing or any details of the investigation, as much as the McCanns would like everyone to believe.

Again I ask - any thoughts on why TM think it's to their advantage to 'Spin' this SY thing??,,,,,,,,, SY must see exactly what they are doing.................... and that can't be to their advantage.............
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 22:01

Desperation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 12 Feb - 22:06

The End Is Nigh wrote:Desperation.

But tht's not to their advantage...................... just trying to get my head around it!!!! What Hope Now - Page 3 Icon_flower
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 22:09

Well that's just it ............... there is no advantage to be had any more. The End Is Nigh (I told you so!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 12 Feb - 22:13

@ flower

The SY spin is all about the court of public opinion IMO.
If the inference is that SY are keeping them informed it makes it look as if the police do not suspect them or consider them worthy of investigation.
That's what they want Joe Public to think.
If they can keep a majority of the public on their side then they hope that this majority will somehow 'save' them.
And if that happened, maybe they figure that the chances of twelve members of the public (ie a jury) also being on their side might be better than average. Should they be charged with anything in the UK, that is.

If that is the approach, it won't go down well with SY.
But these days, they'll be more concerned about the immediate present. Keeping and acquiring support.
Damage limitation, responding to the 'now'. Shoring up the fan base. Shooting first and worrying about the consequences later.
JMO

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 12 Feb - 22:16

almostgothic wrote:@ flower

If the inference is that SY are keeping them informed it makes it look as if the police do not suspect them or consider them worthy of investigation.
If they can keep a majority of the public on their side then they hope that this majority will somehow 'save' them.
And if that happened, maybe they figure that the chances of twelve members of the public (ie a jury) also being on their side might be better than average. Should they be charged with anything in the UK, that is.

But these days, they'll be more concerned about the immediate present. Keeping and acquiring support.
Damage limitation, responding to the 'now'. Shoring up the fan base. Shooting first and worrying about the consequences later.
JMO What Hope Now - Page 3 307691

cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 12 Feb - 22:22

JMO

Many Thanks for that almostgothic............ That too is the ONLY reason I can see................ I'm not sure how anyone else feels - but I think if I was in their position my main thought would be keeping SY happy.......... they've spent the last five years trying to convince Joe Public and I think by now most have their own opinion on what happened that fateful holiday................... If they alienate SY then they have no hope of convincing the Public.............. I still can't quite get my head around why they would be doing this and flagging themselves up to SY...................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Sun 12 Feb - 22:54

AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
kitti wrote:What's 'of' or 'off' got to do with anything .

So it's 'nasty' to think what I think....

Snowflake think what you want to think....I have read the files and I can add that I came to my conclusion WAY before the files were realised that Madeleine won't be coming back alive ...that is the conclusion off the files and my conclusion...it's not yours...so be it.

and my saying nasty was to your being nasty mentioning my poor spelling first, so you dont know when to use of or off , so much the same.

So, what do you want? A medal? You hope she's alive. OK. Most of us would love to be shown some kind of evidence that would lead to that hope. Do you have any? What evidence gives rise to your continued hope? That she hasn't been found dead? What? And is your hope a belief that she will be or just hope founded on very little? What is your hope founded on? Give us a few reasons to be hopeful!

no medal required.
my hope is based on the fact that until now and to this present moment and under any semblance of justice there is no absolute proof that she is dead and until there is i will continue to HOPE x

Hope really needs to be based on something solid and not just a negative. At the very heart of this case is that there isn't any solid proof that Madeleine was abducted. So, hope that she is alive is pretty groundless. I guess a relative of a missing child in these circumstances might just hope against all the odds, but people not so closely involved probably look at the more logical possibilities. You a relative?

sorry for the late reply.
do you mean am i a relative of either gerry or kate mccann?
no i'm not.
don't know them at all.

good night
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Feb - 22:58

snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:

no medal required.

no i'm not.
don't know them at all.

good night

Goodnight to you, Snowflake. Know any other members of the family, then?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Sun 12 Feb - 23:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

no medal required.

no i'm not.
don't know them at all.

good night

No.
Why do you ask?
Do you know any of the familly?
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Feb - 23:08

snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:

no medal required.

no i'm not.
don't know them at all.

good night

No.
Why do you ask?

Just wondering. And no I don't know any of the family. Don't live anywhere near any of them and so have no reason to come into contact with them.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Sun 12 Feb - 23:26

AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

no i'm not.
don't know them at all.

good night

No.
Why do you ask?

Just wondering. And no I don't know any of the family. Don't live anywhere near any of them and so have no reason to come into contact with them.

No, neither do I.
strange you should ask me if i knowany of them.

snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Feb - 23:29

snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
snowflake wrote:

no i'm not.
don't know them at all.

good night

No.
Why do you ask?

No, neither do I.
strange you should ask me if i knowany of them.

Just wondering. That's all. Thought you had said good night?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 12 Feb - 23:30

flower wrote:

JMO

Many Thanks for that almostgothic............ That too is the ONLY reason I can see................ I'm not sure how anyone else feels - but I think if I was in their position my main thought would be keeping SY happy.......... they've spent the last five years trying to convince Joe Public and I think by now most have their own opinion on what happened that fateful holiday................... If they alienate SY then they have no hope of convincing the Public.............. I still can't quite get my head around why they would be doing this and flagging themselves up to SY...................

Maybe we should get back on topic...................... I feel there is something about this that snowflake is not too happy with................................ I could well be wrong of course!! What Hope Now - Page 3 Icon_flower
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 23:33

Yes, maybe Kate and Gerry are willing to take the risk of pissing off SY in the long run - the short term goal is to keep the public onside. Doesn't seem to be working, though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Sun 12 Feb - 23:34

flower wrote:
flower wrote:

JMO

Maybe we should get back on topic...................... I feel there is something about this that snowflake is not too happy with................................ I could well be wrong of course!! What Hope Now - Page 3 Icon_flower

no flower nothing that concerns me or worries me or not too happy with.
only picked up on the hope part of the thread and posted my hope
night.
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 12 Feb - 23:42

Iris wrote:Yes, maybe Kate and Gerry are willing to take the risk of pissing off SY in the long run - the short term goal is to keep the public onside. Doesn't seem to be working, though.

Sorry Iris - I don't buy that........... there is something more to it all than keeping the public onside..... they know that's a lost cause............. what I don't understand is why they would antgonise a professional body that will make or break them..................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Mon 13 Feb - 0:06

snowflake wrote:
no medal required.

Its funny how idiotic these PR agencies think members of this forum are. Its interesting that to appear legit they now use bad spelling as well as the boosting of post counts through 'game threads'. The 'there is no proof' or 'there is no evidence' is one of favourite lines which they use as that in itself is an admission of guilt as 'no evidence' does not equate 'innocence'.

Moreover; the dogs signalling, the fluid found in the car that was hired only after the reported 'disapearence' which matched the markers of Maddies DNA to a point where the UK or the USA would state it 'proof', as well as all the misdirection, lies and manipulation is 'proof' enough for me.

With regard to the thread topic; i think now is a difficult time for the Mccann's especially as the review is an investigative one by an empowered police force following the Stephen Lawrence convictions.

Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Mon 13 Feb - 2:28

Wow - what nastiness here. Such a shame. It discredits the forum.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 13 Feb - 7:37

My big hope is that the SY investigation isn't being carried out by those who use funny handshakes. So much corruption in high places, which has been shown in the past few weeks, makes me worry that if there are any Masons amongst the investigators, they might just be keeping the McCanns up to date on what is happening. As to the other points raised, I'm sure every single one of us would wish for a happy ending for Madeleine, but too much evidence to the contrary for there to be much likelihood that she will be found safe, well and unharmed.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 13 Feb - 7:53

How is it an investigation by SY when they haven't talked to the investigative officers in charge off the investigation?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next