Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gonçalo Amaral's books

+30
cass
comperedna
Oldartform
wjk
tanszi
pennylane
matthew
margaret
almostgothic
Carolina
marxman
AnnaEsse
MaryB
gillyspot
jay2001
Lillyofthevalley
fred
dazedandconfused
rainbow-fairy
cherry1
Claudia79
kitti
ELI
NoStone
Chris
Angelique
SteveT
jeanmonroe
LJC
Karen
34 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral's books

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 22 Mar - 21:50

Krisy22 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Chris wrote:I thought it was 10 working days from an order dated 14 March. That deadline would run until next Wednesday or possibly Thursday.

Yes, I count 10 working days as ending on Wednesday next week.

Oh Anna ... I am all geared up for Saturday now. Something to happen at last. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 294124

Oh dear! 10 working days does take it to Wednesday 28th! Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 868596
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 22 Mar - 22:10

AnnaEsse wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Chris wrote:I thought it was 10 working days from an order dated 14 March. That deadline would run until next Wednesday or possibly Thursday.

Oh Anna ... I am all geared up for Saturday now. Something to happen at last. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 294124

Oh dear! 10 working days does take it to Wednesday 28th! Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 868596

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 23324 Well I suppose we just have to wait a bit longer ... whats a few days compared with the last 5 years of waiting.. for one thing or another to happen. Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 956518
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 22 Mar - 22:15

AnnaEsse wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Joana Morais said... 105
Isabel Duarte, the McCann couple mandatary and book trustee(appointed by the Civil Court as such) has until the 24th of this month to deliver the 7.500 copies of Gonçalo Amaral's book to the rightful owners,
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Thu 22 Mar - 22:25

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Joana Morais said... 105
Isabel Duarte, the McCann couple mandatary and book trustee(appointed by the Civil Court as such) has until the 24th of this month to deliver the 7.500 copies of Gonçalo Amaral's book to the rightful owners,

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 23324 Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 23324 Soooo when do we start counting down then. I am very confused although it doesnt take a lot to get me in that state these days.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 Empty Update from Joana

Post  Oldartform Fri 23 Mar - 13:04

Update on the books restitution:

Update on March 23, 2012
The mandatary and lawyer of the McCann couple, Isabel Duarte, has until the 29th of this month to return the books; the 10 days deadline are not consecutive and are measured as working days. Meanwhile, the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by the First Instance Civil Court of Lisbon, has been trying to delay the restitution of the books to its rightful owners as ordered by the Supreme Court of Justice alleging that the Court of Appeals judgement did not transit in rem judicatam [unappealable decision/final ruling].

23/03/2012 12:37
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 23 Mar - 13:08

Right, so it's the 29th March, next Thursday.
At least we have the actual date to look forward to now.
Thank you, Oldartform xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 23 Mar - 13:15

Oldartform wrote:Update on the books restitution:

Update on March 23, 2012
The mandatary and lawyer of the McCann couple, Isabel Duarte, has until the 29th of this month to return the books; the 10 days deadline are not consecutive and are measured as working days. Meanwhile, the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by the First Instance Civil Court of Lisbon, has been trying to delay the restitution of the books to its rightful owners as ordered by the Supreme Court of Justice alleging that the Court of Appeals judgement did not transit in rem judicatam [unappealable decision/final ruling].

Who is that lawyer, anyone know? Or is it Duarte herself, 'the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by a court' doesn't sound like it is.....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 23 Mar - 13:23

margaret wrote:

Update on March 23, 2012

Who is that lawyer, anyone know? Or is it Duarte herself, 'the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by a court' doesn't sound like it is.....

I think it must be Duarte. Sounds like she thinks she can drag it out even longer because the Appeal decision in favour of Goncalo wasn`t a final ruling.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 23 Mar - 13:27

Looks like she`s trying to drag it out until after the main court case next month in the hopes that, if they win that, they will then have more leverage to stop the books being freed up.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 23 Mar - 13:42

Oldartform wrote:Looks like she`s trying to drag it out until after the main court case next month in the hopes that, if they win that, they will then have more leverage to stop the books being freed up.

Surely you are not suggesting thar Ms Duarte is a 'drag artist'? LOL.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 23 Mar - 13:52

For as long as she and they refuse to hand over the books as ordered by a judge, then those books should be regarded as stolen. And she and they should be regarded as common thieves and punished as such.

As usual, the McCanns and their hired hands think the law does not apply to them.
Another desperate move by the Scared Sh*tless Squad.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Fri 23 Mar - 14:13

almostgothic wrote:For as long as she and they refuse to hand over the books as ordered by a judge, then those books should be regarded as stolen. And she and they should be regarded as common thieves and punished as such.
As usual, the McCanns and their hired hands think the law does not apply to them.
Another desperate move by the Scared Sh*tless Squad.

That would be lovely, but I shan't hold my breath.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Mar - 14:15

Update on March 23, 2012

I don't believe that they have them anymore. She's probably trying to drag it out until they can find 7500 copies on Ebay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Fri 23 Mar - 16:28

Can't wait until Thursday! I wonder what excuse they will have for not having the books. Did a burgler take them out of the warehouse window?
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Fri 23 Mar - 16:35

Update on March 23, 2012

Thank you for that Oldartform Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 Icon_flower We can now count down the days.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 23 Mar - 18:00

Oldartform wrote:
margaret wrote:

Update on March 23, 2012

I think it must be Duarte. Sounds like she thinks she can drag it out even longer because the Appeal decision in favour of Goncalo wasn`t a final ruling.

Once you are on the fee gravy train why get off if you can stuff the fund for a little bit more.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Fri 23 Mar - 18:27

Unbelievable arrogance! Wasn't the original ruling overturning the ban in October 2010 and now we're here a few days short of the 10 days allowed and the legal team are bleating in latin.

This blatant and unethical action imo is what's wrong with the legal system nowadays. Clever lawyers can use the system. To win at any cost is their only aim. Bugger justice.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Mar - 18:58

rem judicatam >>>> "Sh*t, we burnt 'em, didn't we?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 23 Mar - 21:19

I never thought those books would be returned.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 23 Mar - 21:24

jay2001 wrote:Unbelievable arrogance! Wasn't the original ruling overturning the ban in October 2010 and now we're here a few days short of the 10 days allowed and the legal team are bleating in latin.

This blatant and unethical action imo is what's wrong with the legal system nowadays. Clever lawyers can use the system. To win at any cost is their only aim. Bugger justice.

If Duarte is stating that the decision was not unappealable, she should never have been able to take possession of the books in the first place because the decision to ban was appealable.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 23 Mar - 21:29

I thought that the mccanns wanted to take this further by appealing to a higher court but it couldn't be.....it was final....end off.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 24 Mar - 1:56

I have just picked this up from Joana Morais site:

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/xklamation

Joana Morais
@xklamation
@justice4maddie Precisely, #McCann lost all actions and now they don't have any grounds to base their "libel claim" for 1,2 million euros.

Does this mean Goncalo Amaral is finally vindicated ?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 24 Mar - 7:54

Why did the Court give 10 days, working or not for the books to be returned.? I think it is over a Year since Duarte has held them illegally so why didn't
the Judge order their immediate return? Why did it take so long for this case to get to Court.?Have the Publishers made a claim for compensation for lost income from the books being unavailable for sale.

The more we read, the more ridiculous this seems.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 24 Mar - 9:46

I wonder if both the MET and the PJ are waiting for the books to be released again and for the outcome of the libel trial (possibbly even PB's action?). If both (all) go against the Mc's then both policeforces (and press corps) will find it difficult to keep the lid on the emerging onslaught that will ensue.

As much as they might like otherwise - political support or not - they will not be able to keep the lid from blowing off the alternative 'thesis'. There will be too much public interest will there not? Just a thought Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 857143
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 24 Mar - 10:22

NoStone wrote:I wonder if both the MET and the PJ are waiting for the books to be released again and for the outcome of the libel trial (possibbly even PB's action?). If both (all) go against the Mc's then both policeforces (and press corps) will find it difficult to keep the lid on the emerging onslaught that will ensue.

As much as they might like otherwise - political support or not - they will not be able to keep the lid from blowing off the alternative 'thesis'. There will be too much public interest will there not? Just a thought Gonçalo Amaral's books  - Page 2 857143
Morning NoStone, to be honest, so much of this case is a mess I don't think hazarding a guess on the outcome of the Amaral Trial will alter matters.
Just think for a minute,everything is out of sync.

1. The injunction was lifted over a year ago, I'm sure someone will come up with the exact date.

2. The Book Publisher does not demand the immediate return of the books.

3. Ten months ago Cameron agreed to a Review and 37 Police Officers have been engaged in this with the PJ

4. As far as I know a date still hasn't been set for Amaral's Trial, the outcome of this is very important. If Amaral wins the McCanns will be dealt a
severe blow.

5. uestion:- The U.K. Government must have known about the injunction so why not wait for the result of the Trial before committing British Taxpayers
to this enormous expense. Why not a uiet word between the Portugese and British Ambassadors asking for a Trial date for Amaral. Why did the
Publishers not demand the return of the Books and Amaral's Lawyer ask for a Trial date when he knew a Review was to be made by the British Police

Can you see what I'm getting at? Why a new Portugese Team from Oporto, is there evidence of poor investigation by the original Team ? After 10 months there must be a reason for this.

Last edited by Panda on Sat 24 Mar - 10:28; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next