Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

+55
fedrules
margaret
almostgothic
tanszi
ELI
marxman
welshy
steve1295
Loopdaloop
Alpine Aster
interested
keepingmum
Wintabells
Claudia79
dazedandconfused
comperedna
kitti
Annabel
Panda
pennylane
mahlersghost
Oldartform
chrissie
frencheuropean
devonmum
Justiceforallkids
Chris
HiDeHo
mumbles
duncanmac
quickfingers
tigger
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
Angelique
jd16
matthew
ann_chovey
Bobsy
nospinnaker
mara thon
Fern
cherry1
jeanmonroe
pamalam
the slave
gillyspot
fred
NoStone
tabs
jay2001
SteveT
flower
MaryB
ShabbyTiger
59 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  maive Tue 24 Apr - 19:41

In this clip, at the beginning, he says «closure for the case» and at the end «closure for the family.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17833729
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Empty Re: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 24 Apr - 19:50

maive wrote:In this clip, at the beginning, he says «closure for the case» and at the end «closure for the family.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17833729

Thanks for the link maive. Not looking good is it? Evil Portuguese who still think the sainted parents are guilty, botched investigations. I don't think I'll be watching this programme and shall rely on coming here for any relevant points.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 24 Apr - 20:10

Well this time tomorrow we shall have a clearer knowledge of the way it will go, justice or cover up. The closure for family could mean just that Madeleine's family which includes cousins, aunts uncles and grandparents, and though some of them have made me cringe, I would want them to have closure even though it isn't what they would wish for, closure as in the truth. That is the fair side of me, sadly I am swaying towards the first coat of many of a certain old fashioned liquid, and from personal knowledge that needs annual coats to maintain the cover.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Tue 24 Apr - 20:14

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 389741 imo, The clip of Mr Amaral on the bbc news was again insulting to him as they were asking how he feels about making money on the back of a missing child. I'm pretty sure that Mr Amaral recorded the interview ages ago with the bbc, when his book first came out. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436 Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436 Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Apr - 20:18

I wish that the same question was asked of the McCanns!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Tue 24 Apr - 20:22

welshy wrote: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 389741 imo, The clip of Mr Amaral on the bbc news was again insulting to him as they were asking how he feels about making money on the back of a missing child. I'm pretty sure that Mr Amaral recorded the interview ages ago with the bbc, when his book first came out. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436 Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436 Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436

Good point welshy. When was that clip filmed and will they say the ruling was overturned and that GA should have had his books returned to him? For the public who only know this case through the television and newspapers they will not be as clued up as we are, and for myself I use that term very loosely, but I have read all the files. So the majority of viewers will be swayed by what they see and hear tomorrow night and next monday.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 24 Apr - 20:24

Bobsy wrote:Well this time tomorrow we shall have a clearer knowledge of the way it will go, justice or cover up. The closure for family could mean just that Madeleine's family which includes cousins, aunts uncles and grandparents, and though some of them have made me cringe, I would want them to have closure even though it isn't what they would wish for, closure as in the truth. That is the fair side of me, sadly I am swaying towards the first coat of many of a certain old fashioned liquid, and from personal knowledge that needs annual coats to maintain the cover.

I have watched the report a few times now.

I don't know how important "the family" thing is. It is a fairly standard police one liner to be honest. Had he said closure for Kate and Gerry it would be another matter entirely. It would be too much for me to handle.

What was interesting in the written report was the reference to solving the case and the existing documents. New leads in order to solve the case did not seem to play a big part.

Most of what he said was from a different script to what we are used to hearing, the buzz words were missing. No mention of keys, abduction, etc. It did not reek of Clarrie.

I think it odd the programme airing date was moved. I think it odd it is being so well publicised, are Panorama documentaires usually given a slot on the evening news ? Interesting it was Durate and Mr Amaral on the report. No sign of Kate and Gerry speaking, no comment from Clarrie.

So a definate deviation from what we are used to. Good news or bad ? Time will tell.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 20:24

welshy wrote: Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 389741 imo, The clip of Mr Amaral on the bbc news was again insulting to him as they were asking how he feels about making money on the back of a missing child. I'm pretty sure that Mr Amaral recorded the interview ages ago with the bbc, when his book first came out. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436 Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436 Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 371436

Exactly right. The also referred to his book hardening peoples views.... in other words hurting the search.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 20:28

mossman wrote:
Bobsy wrote:Well this time tomorrow we shall have a clearer knowledge of the way it will go, justice or cover up. The closure for family could mean just that Madeleine's family which includes cousins, aunts uncles and grandparents, and though some of them have made me cringe, I would want them to have closure even though it isn't what they would wish for, closure as in the truth. That is the fair side of me, sadly I am swaying towards the first coat of many of a certain old fashioned liquid, and from personal knowledge that needs annual coats to maintain the cover.

I don't know how important "the family" thing is. It is a fairly standard police one liner to be honest. Had he said closure for Kate and Gerry it would be another matter entirely. It would be too much for me to handle.

What was interesting in the written report was the reference to solving the case and the existing documents. New leads in order to solve the case did not seem to play a big part.

Most of what he said was from a different script to what we are used to hearing, the buzz words were missing. No mention of keys, abduction, etc. It did not reek of Clarrie.

I think it odd the programme airing date was moved. I think it odd it is being so well publicised, are Panorama documentaires usually given a slot on the evening news ? Interesting it was Durate and Mr Amaral on the report. No sign of Kate and Gerry speaking, no comment from Clarrie.

So a definate deviation from what we are used to. Good news or bad ? Time will tell.

Hi mossman, Kate and Gerry did speak in that clip.

Operation Grange ..... pfffft!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Apr - 20:30

Off course they would off edited mr amaral in the program I.e. The ....'we made mistakes' making it look like the reason she has not been found it because HE was in charge and made too many mistakes..

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 24 Apr - 20:34

pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:

Hi Pennylane, that was an old clip though wasn't it ? I heard them say that before about the pressure being off them with the review being started. Nothing we hadn't seen before was there but obviously it may well be tomorrow.

Keep your chin up, you never know. Miracles do happen. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 25346
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Apr - 20:36

How could mr amarals book off hardened people's opinions when he hasn't been allowed to promote it outside portugal and he hasn't been allowed to get it translated into English.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 24 Apr - 20:36

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I wish that the same question was asked of the McCanns!

Exactly. Why does no one ever question the amount of money they've raked in since almost day one? I can't see this being a fair and balanced Panorama and there won't be any subliminal background music this time either.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 24 Apr - 20:37

kitti wrote:How could mr amarals book off hardened people's opinions when he hasn't been allowed to promote it outside portugal and he hasn't been allowed to get it translated into English.....
Good point kitti.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 20:45

mossman wrote:
pennylane wrote:
mossman wrote:

Hi Pennylane, that was an old clip though wasn't it ? I heard them say that before about the pressure being off them with the review being started. Nothing we hadn't seen before was there but obviously it may well be tomorrow.

Keep your chin up, you never know. Miracles do happen. Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 25346

Sorry, I thought you missed it... yes it was an old clip, aimed to make the gruesome twosome look good with their selfless charity endeavours no doubt. The entire shows going to be like that I'll wager. As for DCI Andy Redwood.... in spite of his best efforts, I don't feel any sincerity shining through whatsoever.

I am longing for a miracle where this abomination of justice is concerned. Poor Madeleine!

Last edited by pennylane on Tue 24 Apr - 20:57; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Tue 24 Apr - 20:51

I hope I'm wrong about DCI Andy Redwood but he didn't inspire me with confidence. We need a Gene Hunt.......
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 24 Apr - 21:18

It doesn't matter what redwood spouts, it's a Portuguese case not a British case so whatever his conclusion is....it won't change a thing as a conclusion has already been made by the PJ that Madeleine died in apt 3a and the parents hid the cadaver....so a conclusion was made in 2008 and nothing he says will change that even if he says it was an abduction it won't change anything and it won't mean anything, it may do to the mccanns as that is what they want to hear and if that is what happens then god help us all as the criminals will be walking the streets and profiting whilst the rest off us will be suffering like Madeleine.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  maive Tue 24 Apr - 21:28

mossman wrote:

Totally agree! They DO happen sometimes!!

I don't know for tomorrow though, but I stay positive.. IMO, the speech is a bit different than usual.. They show (a little bit!) BOTH sides of the case.

The speech from the portuguese lawyer is odd.. it doesn't sound in favor of the McCanns (saying on BBC that she is alone in Portugal thinking TM are innocent is weird.. imo).

Anyway, I wish I could see the show but I don't think so.. I have only BBC world and I can't see any Panorama on the schedule :(

Please, keep me updated Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Icon_flower
maive
maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 24 Apr - 21:39

maive wrote:
mossman wrote:

I don't know for tomorrow though, but I stay positive.. IMO, the speech is a bit different than usual.. They show (a little bit!) BOTH sides of the case.

The speech from the portuguese lawyer is odd.. it doesn't sound in favor of the McCanns (saying on BBC that she is alone in Portugal thinking TM are innocent is weird.. imo).

Anyway, I wish I could see the show but I don't think so.. I have only BBC world and I can't see any Panorama on the schedule :(

Please, keep me updated Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 Icon_flower

Well Fernando Torres just scored a goal so you see, miracles do happen Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 25346

No doubt you will have a running comentary here tomorrow so you won't need a tv.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Tue 24 Apr - 21:48

mossman wrote:
maive wrote:
mossman wrote:

Well Fernando Torres just scored a goal so you see, miracles do happen
Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 25346

No doubt you will have a running comentary here tomorrow so you won't need a tv.

I'd have said the Torres goal was 'staged' like the abduction but it wasn't . (he didn't have to dribble round Wilkins) Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 294124

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 24 Apr - 22:17

That News Clip looks totally McCann favourable - welcoming the SY review to take the pressure off them, showing how hard they`re campaigning etc, but really showing Goncalo in a bad light - typically BBC stance and I doubt the Panorama programme will be any different. I won`t be watching it.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 24 Apr - 22:24

pennylane wrote:

Morning Panda,

Remind them of Jeffrey Archer and Siôn Jenkins Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 294124

Lots of criminals push for the limelight - because they hope naive people, the likes of which you met on holiday, will take that as a sign of innocence. Anybody with a grain of street sense knows otherwise!

Sion Jenkins was cleared after six years imprisonment and is currently calling for the case to be re-opened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 24 Apr - 23:06

Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 16215482
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 24 Apr - 23:10

The End Is Nigh wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Morning Panda,

Remind them of Jeffrey Archer and Siôn Jenkins Panorama:Madeleine:The Last Hope...Thur 3rd May - Page 15 294124

Lots of criminals push for the limelight - because they hope naive people, the likes of which you met on holiday, will take that as a sign of innocence. Anybody with a grain of street sense knows otherwise!

Sion Jenkins was cleared after six years imprisonment and is currently calling for the case to be re-opened.

I knew Sion Jenkins was cleared, and I also saw him on the news yesterday. I did follow the case closely at the time of the murder, and I'm not sure I believe he's innocent.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 24 Apr - 23:21

The Express headline is interesting as it says they have "evidence" that may solve the mystery. Evidence is something that exists and must have been found in the files and/or info collected by TM as this is just a review.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next