Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 27 Apr - 17:35


Mc3Minute: Cost to Taxpayers - £2m+ / McCanns - Stamp on a letter!


For Twitter and Facebook:

Mc3Minute: Cost to Taxpayers - £2m+ / McCanns - Stamp on a letter!
http://youtu.be/UONwza4iYD8

@HiDeHo3
https://twitter.com/#!/HiDeHo3

HiDeHo Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002389988016&sk=wall


HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Fern on Fri 27 Apr - 17:49

Is it really that simple to reopen the case by the McCanns just writing a letter ?

I'm curious because I've not heard anyone else mention this ie its not contained within the Portuguese Repulblic Prosecutors final conclusion.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 27 Apr - 18:15

Fern wrote:Is it really that simple to reopen the case by the McCanns just writing a letter ?

I'm curious because I've not heard anyone else mention this ie its not contained within the Portuguese Repulblic Prosecutors final conclusion.

It was easier than that. They could have prevented the case from getting shelved. They chose not to.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  matthew on Fri 27 Apr - 18:19

Did the Mccanns have a timeframe after the case was shelved & their arguido status was lifted where they could of requested a reopening?
Instead they unleashed Metodo 3, Halligen & pinky & the brain
Even if they could reopen the case with a stamp...would they ?

matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 44
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Fern on Fri 27 Apr - 18:23

Claudia79 wrote:
Fern wrote:Is it really that simple to reopen the case by the McCanns just writing a letter ?

I'm curious because I've not heard anyone else mention this ie its not contained within the Portuguese Repulblic Prosecutors final conclusion.

It was easier than that. They could have prevented the case from getting shelved. They chose not to.

This doesn't answer my query though Claudia with regards to the claim that the McCanns could request the case be reopened by simply writing a letter.

Is this true do you know ?

If so, why have we only heard that the case will only be reopened should new evidence arise ?

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Fern on Fri 27 Apr - 18:24

matthew wrote:Did the Mccanns have a timeframe after the case was shelved & their arguido status was lifted where they could of requested a reopening?
Instead they unleashed Metodo 3, Halligen & pinky & the brain
Even if they could reopen the case with a stamp...would they ?

Its more of a case of COULD they Matthew ?

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 27 Apr - 18:27

Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Fern wrote:Is it really that simple to reopen the case by the McCanns just writing a letter ?

I'm curious because I've not heard anyone else mention this ie its not contained within the Portuguese Repulblic Prosecutors final conclusion.

It was easier than that. They could have prevented the case from getting shelved. They chose not to.

This doesn't answer my query though Claudia with regards to the claim that the McCanns could request the case be reopened by simply writing a letter.

Is this true do you know ?

If so, why have we only heard that the case will only be reopened should new evidence arise ?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id408.html

EXCLUSIVE: Gonçalo Amaral issues plea for Kate McCann to "tell the truth", 10 May 2011

"To ask for the process to be reopened, all it would take is a letter to the Prosecutor, as it has already happened in so many other cases. It costs them nothing, just the stamp on the letter."

I did also add 'agree to a reconstruction'..just to clarify

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 27 Apr - 18:28

Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Fern wrote:Is it really that simple to reopen the case by the McCanns just writing a letter ?

I'm curious because I've not heard anyone else mention this ie its not contained within the Portuguese Repulblic Prosecutors final conclusion.

It was easier than that. They could have prevented the case from getting shelved. They chose not to.

This doesn't answer my query though Claudia with regards to the claim that the McCanns could request the case be reopened by simply writing a letter.

Is this true do you know ?

If so, why have we only heard that the case will only be reopened should new evidence arise ?

It doesn't answer your question? It should. The case only needs to be re-opened because they didn't oppose the shelving.
As for this case in particular, I don't think that a letter would be enough simply because of everything that happened. The will to participate in a reconstruction or the will to answer those 48 questions would be more than enough, though, as it would constitute evidence. The Rui Pedro case, which was on trial very recently was opened for the last 14 years. It was once said it was going to be shelved. Rui Pedro's mother didn't let that happen. Which is what the common mother of a missing child does.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 27 Apr - 18:32

Claudia79 wrote:
It doesn't answer your question? It should. The case only needs to be re-opened because they didn't oppose the shelving.
As for this case in particular, I don't think that a letter would be enough simply because of everything that happened. The will to participate in a reconstruction or the will to answer those 48 questions would be more than enough, though, as it would constitute evidence. The Rui Pedro case, which was on trial very recently was opened for the last 14 years. It was once said it was going to be shelved. Rui Pedro's mother didn't let that happen. Which is what the common mother of a missing child does.

Darn....I forgot to mention the questions and that they didn't oppose the shelving...

Still...lots more videos to do.

BTW does anyone know of a good alternative to YouTube...just in case?

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Chris on Fri 27 Apr - 18:36

HiDeHo wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
It doesn't answer your question? It should. The case only needs to be re-opened because they didn't oppose the shelving.
As for this case in particular, I don't think that a letter would be enough simply because of everything that happened. The will to participate in a reconstruction or the will to answer those 48 questions would be more than enough, though, as it would constitute evidence. The Rui Pedro case, which was on trial very recently was opened for the last 14 years. It was once said it was going to be shelved. Rui Pedro's mother didn't let that happen. Which is what the common mother of a missing child does.

Darn....I forgot to mention the questions and that they didn't oppose the shelving...

Still...lots more videos to do.

BTW does anyone know of a good alternative to YouTube...just in case?

Vimeo might be a possibility.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  almostgothic on Fri 27 Apr - 18:57

Yep, Vimeo is a good shout, and here's a few more:

http://www.squidoo.com/videohosting

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 27 Apr - 19:03

Thanks appreciated...

I've checked a few but cant find confirmation on Vimeo that there is no time restriction..I can only find it on the $200 upgrade.

Does anyone know if the free version...which actually I cant use as it would only allow for one or two of my videos a week (500MB a week)....so how is Vimeo plus (5GB a week) at $60? Does that allow unlimted timing do you know?

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 27 Apr - 19:11

HiDeHo wrote:
Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Fern wrote:Is it really that simple to reopen the case by the McCanns just writing a letter ?

I'm curious because I've not heard anyone else mention this ie its not contained within the Portuguese Repulblic Prosecutors final conclusion.

It was easier than that. They could have prevented the case from getting shelved. They chose not to.

This doesn't answer my query though Claudia with regards to the claim that the McCanns could request the case be reopened by simply writing a letter.

Is this true do you know ?

If so, why have we only heard that the case will only be reopened should new evidence arise ?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id408.html

EXCLUSIVE: Gonçalo Amaral issues plea for Kate McCann to "tell the truth", 10 May 2011

"To ask for the process to be reopened, all it would take is a letter to the Prosecutor, as it has already happened in so many other cases. It costs them nothing, just the stamp on the letter."

I did also add 'agree to a reconstruction'..just to clarify

That's what Rui Pedro's mother did. And she was successful. The case was never shelved for 14 years and it went to court. Although the verdict wasn't the expected one by Rui Pedro's parents, they appealed and they will appeal as many times as possible.

This is Rui Pedro's mother, by the way. Filomena Teixeira:




Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  almostgothic on Fri 27 Apr - 19:22

Here's a bit about timing - hope this was what you were looking for:

http://vimeo.com/forums/topic:14981

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 27 Apr - 19:24

Thanks almost gothic.

So, I would need to upgrade as the free 500MB is not enough for me!

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  mumbles on Fri 27 Apr - 19:26

@ Claudia,

The grief written all over that poor mother's face is unbearable to witness.

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Fern on Fri 27 Apr - 19:39

HiDeHo wrote:
Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Fern wrote:Is it really that simple to reopen the case by the McCanns just writing a letter ?

I'm curious because I've not heard anyone else mention this ie its not contained within the Portuguese Repulblic Prosecutors final conclusion.

It was easier than that. They could have prevented the case from getting shelved. They chose not to.

This doesn't answer my query though Claudia with regards to the claim that the McCanns could request the case be reopened by simply writing a letter.

Is this true do you know ?

If so, why have we only heard that the case will only be reopened should new evidence arise ?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id408.html

EXCLUSIVE: Gonçalo Amaral issues plea for Kate McCann to "tell the truth", 10 May 2011

"To ask for the process to be reopened, all it would take is a letter to the Prosecutor, as it has already happened in so many other cases. It costs them nothing, just the stamp on the letter."

I did also add 'agree to a reconstruction'..just to clarify

I'm aware that he said this HdH although my query is, is it really that straightforward ?

So basically if this is the case, we have two foreign ex-arguidos calling the shots over the reopening of the case along with all the added costs to the PJ regardless of whether there is new evidence or not ?


Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Fern on Fri 27 Apr - 19:45

Claudia79 wrote:

As for this case in particular, I don't think that a letter would be enough simply because of everything that happened.


Thank you, this is what I was trying to ascertain.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 27 Apr - 19:48

Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

As for this case in particular, I don't think that a letter would be enough simply because of everything that happened.


Thank you, this is what I was trying to ascertain.

Selective quoting, Fern?
Re-read what I wrote, please. That is my opinion. But it worked in other cases. And it couldn't hurt, right? In that case, they could actually say they asked for the re-opening and it was denied. If they don't have enough money for the stamp, I'll pay for it.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 27 Apr - 19:49

mumbles wrote:@ Claudia,

The grief written all over that poor mother's face is unbearable to witness.

It certainly is, Mumbles.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Fern on Fri 27 Apr - 20:18

Claudia79 wrote:
Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

As for this case in particular, I don't think that a letter would be enough simply because of everything that happened.


Thank you, this is what I was trying to ascertain.

Selective quoting, Fern?
Re-read what I wrote, please. That is my opinion. But it worked in other cases. And it couldn't hurt, right? In that case, they could actually say they asked for the re-opening and it was denied. If they don't have enough money for the stamp, I'll pay for it.

Its the McCann case in particular I was referring to though Claudia which is why I replied to this specific sentance.

Perhaps they'll await the outcome of the NSY review and if its favourable, maybe then they'll place a request with the Portuguese RP. Who knows.

Given the costs the PJ would incur from reopening the case then surely they would only do this on the provision that there was NEW evidence rather than on the say so of two former arguidos ?

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 27 Apr - 20:21

Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Fern wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

As for this case in particular, I don't think that a letter would be enough simply because of everything that happened.


Thank you, this is what I was trying to ascertain.

Selective quoting, Fern?
Re-read what I wrote, please. That is my opinion. But it worked in other cases. And it couldn't hurt, right? In that case, they could actually say they asked for the re-opening and it was denied. If they don't have enough money for the stamp, I'll pay for it.

Its the McCann case in particular I was referring to though Claudia which is why I replied to this specific sentance.

Perhaps they'll await the outcome of the NSY review and if its favourable, maybe then they'll place a request with the Portuguese RP. Who knows.

Given the costs the PJ would incur from reopening the case then surely they would only do this on the provision that there was NEW evidence rather than on the say so of two former arguidos ?

Perhaps. Maybe. Who knows? They don't seem to be in a hurry. That's for sure.
Any excuses why they didn't avoid the shelving?

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 27 Apr - 20:32

Many businesses would love to see their sales figures show this kind of increase!

Me? I am happy more and more people are seeing the forensic photos and the dogs!


HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Apr - 20:34

I take it back, HiDeHo ...... No "Dame" for you:


Straight to "Your Majesty", methinks.

Truly magnificent work that is clearly hitting the spot.

Panorama has clearly pricked the curiosity of many more thinking people.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  matthew on Fri 27 Apr - 20:50

Just retweeted a dogs dont lie video & had a reply ...saying i do(lie)

matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Age : 44
Location : holywell
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: McMinute Videos New - Cost: Taxpayers - £2m+/McCanns - Stamp on a letter!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:03


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum