Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimewatch

+19
Alfiefinn
AnnaEsse
mumbles
margaret
pennylane
kitti
Chris
mossman
NoStone
cass
Loopdaloop
frencheuropean
MaryB
wjk
Lioned
mara thon
matthew
cherry1
Wolfgang
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Crimewatch Empty Crimewatch

Post  Lioned Tue 1 May - 21:44

Just been on BBC1 and 'Andy' says his Portuguese collegues agree She was taken,so thats job done then,asked us to take a good look at the '9 year old' Maddie and phone in with info so now expect a shedload of sightings.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Crimewatch Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Crimewatch Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Crimewatch Empty Re: Crimewatch

Post  Guest Tue 1 May - 21:46

Lioned wrote:Just been on BBC1 and 'Andy' says his Portuguese collegues agree She was taken,so thats job done then,asked us to take a good look at the '9 year old' Maddie and phone in with info so now expect a shedload of sightings.

If that's "taken" as in "dead" he's probably not wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 1 May - 21:48

Andy Deadwood Redwood showed the progression picture of Madeleine and was urging anyone who may have seen her to phone in; and he said (as plain as day) that the Review team and their Portuguese counterparts believe Madeleine was taken by a criminal gang! You can't get any clearer than that... and he has said this enough times now that there is no mistaking what he is up to.

There's not a doubt in my mind that this is a whitewash Crimewatch 36898
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang Tue 1 May - 21:53

It's as if all the discrepancies in the McCanns' version(s) of events have been simply disregarded.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Male
Number of posts : 11
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 1 May - 21:54

Its basic policing, if the interviews and statements dont add up, the person is not telling
the truth, if they do a whitewash they will be the laughing stock of the world.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 May - 21:57

They probably are already. If a bunch of amateurs like us can see right throiugh it, what must other Police forces be thinking? It's cringeworthy, it really is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 1 May - 22:08

just watched it Crimewatch 371436 Crimewatch 371436 Crimewatch 371436 also the bit where a john sweeney had killed two girls and they went on to say that its not normal for a case ouside uk to be passed on bla bla . anyone think that was a small hint for things to come - did anyone make a connection ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Tue 1 May - 22:08

Madeleine McCann
Case details
Crime date 3 May 2007
Nature of crime Child abduction / disappearance
Where Praia da Luz, Portugal
Contact Metropolitan Police Service
Incident Room Number 0800 0961011 (within the UK)
0044 20 7158 0126 (outside the UK)
What happened?

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Service conducting the investigative review into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have released an age-progression image of her as her ninth birthday approaches on 12 May 2012.
Age progession image of Madeleine McCann, aged 9

Age-progression image of Madeleine McCann

The image has been created in close collaboration with the family and is being released ahead of the fifth anniversary of her disappearance on 3 May. It shows how it is believed Madeleine would look today.

The release comes as detectives announce that as a result of evidence uncovered during the review they now believe there is a possibility Madeleine is still alive and are appealing for anyone who is able to provide direct information as to her whereabouts to contact the team.

The investigative review commenced in May 2011 under the leadership of the then commissioner, Sir Paul Stephenson. A murder team within the Homicide and Serious Crime Command was tasked to conduct the review and is led by DCI Andy Redwood acting to Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell and Commander Simon Foy.

Work of the team involves close collaboration with a senior investigating officer from the Policia Judaria and detectives have been to Portugal several times.

The review team are in a unique position in that their task is to compile and review material from three separate strands - the Portuguese investigation, inquiries by UK law enforcement agencies, and the work of private investigators/agencies.

Officers are now methodically going through that material which they believe amounts to around 40,000 pieces of information equating to approximately 100,000 pages.
Madeleine McCann
Madeleine McCann

The intention is to identify from that material investigative opportunities which we will then present to the Portuguese authorities who retain primacy for the investigation. Officers have so far identified around 195 such opportunities within the historic material, and are also developing what they believe to be genuinely new material.

The objective of the review team is to work with the Portuguese authorities with a view to having the case, which has remained closed since 2008, re-opened in due course.
Appeal points

Police are working on the basis of two possibilities here. One is that Madeleine is still alive; and the second that she is sadly dead.

Based on the former they are releasing the age progression image with a specific appeal.

They are appealing to anyone who might know where Madeleine McCann is now or has new direct information/evidence about what has happened to her to get in touch.

The second point of appeal is in relation to people who were at the resort of Praia da Luz between 28 April and 3 May 2007.

Anyone who was on holiday or in residence in the resort during this period, particularly in the vicinity of the Ocean Club, and you have not been spoken to by police either here or in Portugal is urged to speak to the investigation team on 0800 0961011 if you are within the UK. The number for non-UK residents is +44 2071580 126. Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Think you can help?

Please use the form below to contact us about this appeal (items marked * are required).
Name *
Email *
Phone
Your Comments

* I have read and agreed the BBC's Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer

Please note all emails will be read, but due to the high volume of mail we cannot guarantee to answer every individual message. Please see our FAQ for answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Tue 1 May - 22:11

Nature of crime:abduction/disappearance

They mentioned a law where a uk national could be tried in the uk for a crime abroad Crimewatch 29204

This was mentioned on another case...

Last edited by matthew on Tue 1 May - 22:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : confusion)
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 1 May - 22:11

Never was it any clearer that this is a massive cover up.Redwood looked like another one on strings.Who is the puppet master ? Only a powerfull organisation could have the confidence to pull off such a scam.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 1 May - 22:13

matthew wrote:Nature of crime:abduction/disappearance

They mentioned a law where a uk national could be tried in the uk for a crime abroad Crimewatch 29204

mathew mmm hope theres not gonna be a pasty
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Tue 1 May - 22:21

pennylane wrote:Andy Deadwood Redwood showed the progression picture of Madeleine and was urging anyone who may have seen her to phone in; and he said (as plain as day) that the Review team and their Portuguese counterparts believe Madeleine was taken by a criminal gang! You can't get any clearer than that... and he has said this enough times now that there is no mistaking what he is up to.

There's never been any doubt in my mind that it has been a cover up/whitewash, call it what you will, from the very beginning.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 1 May - 22:22

Yes that was the axe murderer some ancient law involving murder but i dont think i'll be reading any subliminal messages into that.I think we better get used to the idea that if they wanted to nail the mccans they would have done by now.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 1 May - 22:26

im beginning to think that way myself too after tonight sorry to say . i have to say this week is gonna be more of portugal bashing . ok ive always been possative that they are holding their cards close to their chests . but come on how much more bashing are they going to take until they make their own statement ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 1 May - 22:28

Lioned wrote:

Yes that was the axe murderer some ancient law involving murder but i dont think i'll be reading any subliminal messages into that.I think we better get used to the idea that if they wanted to nail the mccans they would have done by now.

Sadly, I think you're right, Lioned.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 1 May - 22:29

There's a few things I don't understand. Sorry if this is repetitive. But quarter of the way through the evidence they have 195 leads. Still three quarters to plough through for more leads. Then an appeal goes out on Crimewatch (5 YEARS after the crime) still better late than never. So more leads will come in. How many leads do they need. If there was 195 good leads why would they be appealing. Surely there are only appeals when there is deadlock or the case isn't going anywhere. It will be interesting to see if anything of significance will be said in the update at 11.30. Still I expected silence for a couple of years and then the police to say she was abducted by person or pesons unknown. I am a bit surprised at all this publicity when the review is only a quarter of the way through.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 1 May - 22:31

pennylane wrote:Andy Deadwood Redwood showed the progression picture of Madeleine and was urging anyone who may have seen her to phone in; and he said (as plain as day) that the Review team and their Portuguese counterparts believe Madeleine was taken by a criminal gang! You can't get any clearer than that... and he has said this enough times now that there is no mistaking what he is up to.

Are you sure it's "gang" pennylane? On the TMCF someone understood that:

"Andy Redwood said that they are currently compiling information from three sources, the Portugeuse, the UK and the private investigators. 'the Portuguese are collaborating and agree that Madeleine was taken as a criminal act'".Which is not the same and rather correct. How could they speak about a gang without new evidences?

Last edited by frencheuropean on Tue 1 May - 22:39; edited 1 time in total
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 May - 22:31

That is a very good point Mary. Why are they telling us this now?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 1 May - 22:33

I still think they're exhausting every other option so at the end of this the Mccann's can't say that Redwood et al wasn't supportive.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 1 May - 22:37

frencheuropean wrote:

"Andy Redwood said that they are currently compiling information from three sources, the Portugeuse, the UK and the private investigators. 'the Portuguese are collaborating and agree that Madeleine was taken as a criminal act'.Which is not the same and rather correct. How could they speak about a gang without new evidences?

Whoops, yes I agree AR could well have said 'criminal act.' I was decidedly flustered at the time and rushed here to report. Thanks frencheuropean xx
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 1 May - 22:48

im on 3 face book pages at min and some are thinking of phoning crimewatch . how much more are portugal gonna take from dead wood Crimewatch 371436
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 1 May - 22:57

crime watch update

hundereds of calls about mr swathy man - tapas on redial
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 1 May - 23:06

Loopdaloop wrote:

I still think they're exhausting every other option so at the end of this the Mccann's can't say that Redwood et al wasn't supportive.

I wish I could share your optimism. Sadly I have zilch trust or faith in this review.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 1 May - 23:18

The jurisdiction of the English (and Welsh) courts only applies to crimes committed in England and Wales unless there is specific legislation extending jurisdiction beyond their borders. The main areas where that exists are murder or manslaughter, sexual offences against children, terrorism and some financial crimes
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 2 May - 6:24

pennylane wrote:
frencheuropean wrote:

"Andy Redwood said that they are currently compiling information from three sources, the Portugeuse, the UK and the private investigators. 'the Portuguese are collaborating and agree that Madeleine was taken as a criminal act'.Which is not the same and rather correct. How could they speak about a gang without new evidences?

Whoops, yes I agree AR could well have said 'criminal act.' I was decidedly flustered at the time and rushed here to report. Thanks frencheuropean xx

Sorry I did not see Crimewatch - are we any clearer what AR actually said?

If he did refer to a criminal gang - would the Tapaas crew qualify if some or all had been complicit in some way?
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content