Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's the Book selling, Kate?

+14
jd16
dazedandconfused
wjk
Lillyofthevalley
mara thon
malena stool
snowflake
The evidence
Claudia79
gillyspot
susible
matthew
kitti
Badboy
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How's the Book selling, Kate? Empty How's the Book selling, Kate?

Post  Keela Mon 4 Jun - 15:49

Just been onto the Asda online, having a nosy around. The paperback version is on sale with Asda for £3.85 each, 2 for £7 or 3 for £10. Seems like there is not the rush demand they thought they would have!!!!!!! Even at these prices I am not tempted. How's the Book selling, Kate? 294124
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
How's the Book selling, Kate? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How's the Book selling, Kate? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

How's the Book selling, Kate? Empty Re: How's the Book selling, Kate?

Post  snowflake Mon 4 Jun - 16:12

In W H Smith Kate's book is priced at £3.99
It is presently at number three in the top one hundred best selling Non Fiction paperback chart.
So doing quite well. How's the Book selling, Kate? Icon_flower
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Warning :
How's the Book selling, Kate? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How's the Book selling, Kate? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Jun - 16:29

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ChartResults.aspx?chart=PaperbackNonFictionChart

I'd love to know how many books sold this actually represents.

I suppose that £3.99 isn't a bad price for something to prop up a wonky table or for use as a door stop!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Jun - 16:30

Sounds like they've classified it in the wrong category: Surely it should be in the Fiction list?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Jun - 16:33

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ChartResults.aspx?chart=PaperbackNonFictionChart

I suppose that £3.99 isn't a bad price for something to prop up a wonky table or for use as a door stop!

You spelled "table" wrong .................... It's a l i b i
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Mon 4 Jun - 16:43

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ChartResults.aspx?chart=PaperbackNonFictionChart

No good for propping up table legs as you would need something a little more substantial. Expensive as a door stop but equally as good as any around. Lightweight and an excellent fly swat!!!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 4 Jun - 16:48

it has disappeared off the shelves of my local ASDA and Tesco. As for WH Smith's, I doubt they do a lot of business these days because my local one is always practically empty, especially upstairs in the book department. So, number three for them probably doesn't mean very much.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Mon 4 Jun - 16:58

My local W H Smith is always busy, as is Waterstone's where Kate's book is number nineteen in the top one hundred books.
So selling quite well there too.
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Jun - 17:11

snowflake wrote:My local W H Smith is always busy, as is Waterstone's where Kate's book is number nineteen in the top one hundred books.
So selling quite well there too.

I an frankly amazed at how many otherwise intelligent people appear to maintain an unswerving belief in what two people who have by no means been cleared of involvement in the disappearance of their own eldest child have to say - especially in the face of the freely available findings and conclusions of the PJ, along with the depositions of witnesses.

Bewildering, really.

"Don't confuse me with the facts - my mind is made up"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 4 Jun - 18:45

AnnaEsse wrote:it has disappeared off the shelves of my local ASDA and Tesco. As for WH Smith's, I doubt they do a lot of business these days because my local one is always practically empty, especially upstairs in the book department. So, number three for them probably doesn't mean very much.
SAME THING WITH MY LOCAL WHSMITHS,PRACTICALLY ONLY PERSON UPSTAIRS WHEN I GO THERE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Jun - 18:56

I was hoping that the sickening remarks from the hardback which no normal person would say about their child had been removed from the paperback but I gather from another forum that they are still there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 4 Jun - 22:34

It's enough to put you off sex knowing the book is propping up your bed!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Mon 4 Jun - 22:36

In answer to the original opening post Kate's book is selling fairly well in paperback, after selling very well in hardback.
Whether to be used as a door stopper or swatting flies or to balance uneven table legs?
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 4 Jun - 22:37

snowflake wrote:In answer to the original opening post Kate's book is selling fairly well in paperback, after selling very well in hardback.
Whether to be used as a door stopper or swatting flies or to balance uneven table legs?

I haven't seen any figures for sales. Maybe you have if you know it's selling fairly well.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Mon 4 Jun - 22:43

In Waterstones and W H Smith it seems to be doing well in their book ranking charts.

snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Mon 4 Jun - 22:44

kitti wrote:It's enough to put you off sex knowing the book is propping up your bed!
How's the Book selling, Kate? 23324 How's the Book selling, Kate? 23324 How's the Book selling, Kate? Icon_flower

Last edited by snowflake on Mon 4 Jun - 23:17; edited 1 time in total
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 4 Jun - 22:45

snowflake wrote:In Waterstones and W H Smith it seems to be doing well in their book ranking charts.

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to find the overall sales figures?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Jun - 22:46

That in itself doesn't give an indication of the number of books sold. We might be talking of a few dozen, a couple of hundred - who knows? There has very little publicity about the paperback all together which is unusual.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 4 Jun - 22:50

Not Born Yesterday wrote:That in itself doesn't give an indication of the number of books sold. We might be talking of a few dozen, a couple of hundred - who knows? There has very little publicity about the paperback all together which is unusual.

Sales at particular bookshops don't mean much. Waterstone's is going down the Swanee and I suspect that WH Smith's isn't faring too well either. Someone found the gross sales for the hardback.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Mon 4 Jun - 22:59

As Jim Royle would say...truth my ar$e

im sure Fred West could of ghost written a best seller...he would not of been able to profit from crime though

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Mon 4 Jun - 23:04

Found a link here that seems to be a comprehensive list of the bestsellers of 2011...Kate's book sold 246,939 copies and is ranked overall at No 19, the book grossed £2,504,671.44p. this does not include the paperback though..will have a look for that.

Here's the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AonYZs4MzlZbdEt2cEFFXzZ1RFgydXVXcVYyd1RYSFE#gid=0
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Mon 4 Jun - 23:21

Nope can't find anything unbiased will probably have to wait until next year for the full official tally...though it was notable that it did not feature in the current Amazon top 100 paperbacks, so even if it was selling it isn't selling now!
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 4 Jun - 23:28

Thanks for that information Susible. I wonder what the income from the hardback went on - the "transparent" accounts of the fund make no mention of it.

Yes of course it will be too early to get final sales figures for the paperback which is still in the shops.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Mon 4 Jun - 23:33

I also wonder how much of that gross figure the Mc's actually received, considering the advance etc...still of course that leaves the advance that went into the fund (or not) so the question still remains what happened to it?
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 5 Jun - 8:33

snowflake wrote:In Waterstones and W H Smith it seems to be doing well in their book ranking charts.

snowflake, if I was going to find out how well a book is doing, Waterstones and Smiths would be the last shops I would use, I wouldn't dream of going there to buy my books, if these two together sell a couple of thousand books they would be doing well imo, these shops are on the skids. if I was checking I would check out the supermarkets or Amazon, who imo will sell the majority of sort after (in demand) books nowadays, Ive looked on Amazon and can't see Kates Bewk in there top 100..........that tells me all I need to know really.

I remember a poster who knew all about royalties from book sales and they said £1.50-£2 per book max if your lucky.
If the hard back sold that well, why did we have a paper back out so soon after the hardback was hardly off the shelves, yes paperbacks do come out after hardbacks but not at this speed. How's the Book selling, Kate? 182123
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next