Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Panda on Thu 29 Dec - 12:25

Read the blurb at the end.!!!!


Item condition:Time left:Bid history:Starting bid:Your max bid:
Shipping:Delivery:Returns:
MADELEINE by Kate McCann-Daughter's Disappearance & Continuing Search for Her



Brand New

5d 02h (Jan 03, 201206:48:00 PST)

0 bids


US $15.00

US $
Place bidPlace bid
(Enter US $15.00 or more)

Add to Wish list

Add to Watch list















$13.95 USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope




| See all shipping details

Estimated Delivery within 12-16 business days Seller ships within 1 day after receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.






No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection- opens in a new window or tab.

Learn moreabout eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab





















Seller info

Member id bookcracker ( Feedback Score Of 22019)

99.5% Positive feedback
Save this seller
See other items from this seller






Other item info


Item number:110799459691
Item location:Garland, Texas, United States
Ships to:Worldwide See shipping location exclusions
Payments:[color:ac53=#000]PayPal See payment details







Print this item - opens in a new window or tab|Report item

Description

Shipping and payments

Share: this item

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Item specifics - Nonfiction Books

Condition: Author: Publisher: ISBN-10: Subject: ISBN-13: Topic: Format: Language: Publication Year: Special Attributes:
Brand New: A new, unread, unused book in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller’s ... Read moreabout the condition
Kate Mccann
Transworld Pub0593067916
Biography & Autobiography9780593067918
Law & CrimeHardcover
English2011
1st Edition


Detailed item info

Key Details
Author:Kate Mccann
Language:English
Format:Hardcover
ISBN-10:0593067916
ISBN-13:9780593067918
Size
Length:392 pages
Thickness:1 in
Weight:24 oz
Publisher's Note
"The
decision to publish this book has been very difficult, and taken with
heavy hearts. My reason for writing it is simple: to give an account of
the truth. Writing this memoir has entailed recording some very
personal, intimate and emotional aspects of our lives. Sharing these
with strangers does not come easily to me, but if I hadn't done so I
would not have felt the book gave as full a picture as it is possible
for me to give. As with every action we have taken over the last four
years, it ultimately boils down to whether what we are doing could help
us to find Madeleine. When the answer to that question is yes, or even
possibly, our family can cope with anything. What follows is an
intensely personal account, and I make no apology for that. Nothing is
more important to us than finding our little girl." ?Kate McCann, May
2011 "It is a sad fact that not a single police force anywhere is
proactively looking for Madeleine (as is the case for many other missing
children). I am sure this book will reenergize the search for our
daughter and the public will get behind the Find Madeleine campaign once
again. It is simply not acceptable that the authorities have given up
on Madeleine?especially when no comprehensive review of the case has
been undertaken. Our daughter, and whoever took her, are out there. We
need your help to find them." ?Gerry McCann, May 2011





















Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  pennylane on Thu 29 Dec - 12:43

As far as ascertaining Maddie's fate goes, a reconstruction would have been light years more useful than your self-obsessed bewk, Kate!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Panda on Thu 29 Dec - 12:49

pennylane wrote:As far as ascertaining Maddie's fate, a reconstruction would have been far more useful than your self-obsessed bewk, Kate!


HI Pennylane, well at $30 dollars there haven"t been any bids so far..

Apart from Kate baring her Soul for the sake of trying to find Madeleine, Gerry has to get his twopennyworth by slagging off the Portugese!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Katey's Bewk 18th in 2011 Best Sellers list

Post  gillyspot on Thu 29 Dec - 12:55

Have you seen this in the Guardian?

Kate's book is 18th in 2011 bestsellers and has had sales of 246,939 valued at £2,504,671.44

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/dec/29/books-best-sellers-2011-nielsen

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  pennylane on Thu 29 Dec - 12:56

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:As far as ascertaining Maddie's fate goes, a reconstruction would have been light years more useful than your self-obsessed bewk, Kate!


HI Pennylane, well at $30 dollars there haven"t been any bids so far..

Apart from Kate baring her Soul for the sake of trying to find Madeleine, Gerry has to get his twopennyworth by slagging off the Portugese!!!

Howdy Panda,

Their narcissism runs so deep that the pair of them haven't a clue how dodgy they appear with their endless blame game, and shocking lack of remorse!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  NoStone on Thu 29 Dec - 13:01

I bet Pat Brown will be interested in this development.

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  pennylane on Thu 29 Dec - 13:05

NoStone wrote:I bet Pat Brown will be interested in this development.

Indeed she will!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  mara thon on Thu 29 Dec - 13:15

Not a single police force looking for Madeleine! How many obstacles and story changes did the Mccanns and friends put in the way? How often have we seen the Mccanns in the news, on the front pages? How many fund raising events have there been? How many private detectives have they employed? How often have the familes of other missing children received the kind of financial help and support that the Mccanns have received. How often has the Prime Minister reacted so quickly to give 3.5 million pounds of tax payers money to fund a "review"? How many other families have received so much money and so much assistance from high profile people? How many people have made millions from their missing children?

I truly don't understand why the Mccanns get preferential treatment from the powers that be and I will never understand why they are continually pushed into our faces as being hard done by. I guess other children are simply not important.

Spin it how they wish, the plain fact remains that had they been there taking care of their children instead of leaving them alone whilst they went out, she would probably still be with them. How anyone, and I don't care who they are, can turn what is plainly neglect, turn the parents into heros to be worshipped I will never understand.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Panda on Thu 29 Dec - 13:22

gillyspot wrote:Have you seen this in the Guardian?

Kate's book is 18th in 2011 bestsellers and has had sales of 246,939 valued at £2,504,671.44

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/dec/29/books-best-sellers-2011-nielsen

Thanks gillyspot.....the Book went paperback not long after the hardback and since the paperback sold at half the price ,£10 ,airports were selling at £7.00
and the advance from Transworld would have had to be repaid, how accurate is that figure. ? The McCanns have not announced how much has gone into the fund. My Brain is addled today, say the sales averaged £10 what would be the figure then?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Guest on Thu 29 Dec - 13:25

So each one "sold" for about £10.14. If they are on Royalties of even 10%, they have made £1`per book. That is after the "substantial advance" is paid back, of course.

Would you be willing to describe your childs "perfect genitals" in a book for £1 a shot?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Panda on Thu 29 Dec - 13:26

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:As far as ascertaining Maddie's fate goes, a reconstruction would have been light years more useful than your self-obsessed bewk, Kate!


HI Pennylane, well at $30 dollars there haven"t been any bids so far..

Apart from Kate baring her Soul for the sake of trying to find Madeleine, Gerry has to get his twopennyworth by slagging off the Portugese!!!

Howdy Panda,

Their narcissism runs so deep that the pair of them haven't a clue how dodgy they appear with their endless blame game, and shocking lack of remorse!

pennylane, Gerry has overstepped all boundaries writing that bit in the Publishers Note, I have no sympathy for either of them . How come they wrote in the Publishers Note, not the Authors.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Guest on Thu 29 Dec - 13:27

mara thon wrote:Not a single police force looking for Madeleine! How many obstacles and story changes did the Mccanns and friends put in the way? How often have we seen the Mccanns in the news, on the front pages? How many fund raising events have there been? How many private detectives have they employed? How often have the familes of other missing children received the kind of financial help and support that the Mccanns have received. How often has the Prime Minister reacted so quickly to give 3.5 million pounds of tax payers money to fund a "review"? How many other families have received so much money and so much assistance from high profile people? How many people have made millions from their missing children?

I truly don't understand why the Mccanns get preferential treatment from the powers that be and I will never understand why they are continually pushed into our faces as being hard done by. I guess other children are simply not important.

Spin it how they wish, the plain fact remains that had they been there taking care of their children instead of leaving them alone whilst they went out, she would probably still be with them. How anyone, and I don't care who they are, can turn what is plainly neglect, turn the parents into heros to be worshipped I will never understand.

What exactly are we paying the Met £3.5 million for, then?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  gillyspot on Thu 29 Dec - 13:29

The value is from the Guardian so I don't know if it is accurate or not. All I can say is Kate couldn't make her mind up where the money was going. In the book "every penny" was being spent on the "search for Madeleine" and on the cover there was a sticker saying all money to the "fund" and as the "fund" seems mainly for suing doubters & PR for Kate & Gerry then these statements clearly aren't the same.

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  gillyspot on Thu 29 Dec - 13:30

Iris wrote:
mara thon wrote:Not a single police force looking for Madeleine! How many obstacles and story changes did the Mccanns and friends put in the way? How often have we seen the Mccanns in the news, on the front pages? How many fund raising events have there been? How many private detectives have they employed? How often have the familes of other missing children received the kind of financial help and support that the Mccanns have received. How often has the Prime Minister reacted so quickly to give 3.5 million pounds of tax payers money to fund a "review"? How many other families have received so much money and so much assistance from high profile people? How many people have made millions from their missing children?

I truly don't understand why the Mccanns get preferential treatment from the powers that be and I will never understand why they are continually pushed into our faces as being hard done by. I guess other children are simply not important.

Spin it how they wish, the plain fact remains that had they been there taking care of their children instead of leaving them alone whilst they went out, she would probably still be with them. How anyone, and I don't care who they are, can turn what is plainly neglect, turn the parents into heros to be worshipped I will never understand.

What exactly are we paying the Met £3.5 million for, then?

Iris that "Sadly, there is still no law enforcement agency in the world proactively looking for our daughter." is still on the findmadeleine website along with a load of guff about Crack PI Dave Edgar.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_us/find-madeleine-team.html

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Panda on Thu 29 Dec - 13:31

Iris wrote:So each one "sold" for about £10.14. If they are on Royalties of even 10%, they have made £1`per book. That is after the "substantial advance" is paid back, of course.

Would you be willing to describe your childs "perfect genitals" in a book for £1 a shot?

Hi Iris....so your"s suggesting £246,000 plus the £200,000 from the Sun?.......IMO the McCanns will go to any lengths to make money please God , let justice prevail in 2012 .!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  NoStone on Thu 29 Dec - 13:34

Iris wrote:So each one "sold" for about £10.14. If they are on Royalties of even 10%, they have made £1`per book. That is after the "substantial advance" is paid back, of course.

Would you be willing to describe your childs "perfect genitals" in a book for £1 a shot?

Is this called - child sexual exploitation?????

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Guest on Thu 29 Dec - 13:38

[quote="Gerald McCann"]Our daughter, and whoever took her, are out there. We
need your help to find them.[/unqote]




At least this is true ........................




We're helping, in our own little way, by keeping alive the most sensible, realistic,apposite and likely hypotheses in the hope that the powers that be will act accordingly.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  pennylane on Thu 29 Dec - 13:41

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:As far as ascertaining Maddie's fate goes, a reconstruction would have been light years more useful than your self-obsessed bewk, Kate!


HI Pennylane, well at $30 dollars there haven"t been any bids so far..

Apart from Kate baring her Soul for the sake of trying to find Madeleine, Gerry has to get his twopennyworth by slagging off the Portugese!!!

Howdy Panda,

Their narcissism runs so deep that the pair of them haven't a clue how dodgy they appear with their endless blame game, and shocking lack of remorse!

pennylane, Gerry has overstepped all boundaries writing that bit in the Publishers Note, I have no sympathy for either of them . How come they wrote in the Publishers Note, not the Authors.?

I noticed that too, I assumed it was an error, but who knows.

"Confusion is good" .....sayeth Mr McLiar!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  chrissie1 on Thu 29 Dec - 14:14

My lovely granddaughters thought it would be funny to buy me this book for xmas, so we will see how funny it is when i highlight sections and put notes in the margins, then make them read it! After that i will donate it to the works book club

chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 29 Dec - 14:28

chrissie1 wrote:My lovely granddaughters thought it would be funny to buy me this book for xmas, so we will see how funny it is when i highlight sections and put notes in the margins, then make them read it! After that i will donate it to the works book club

I haven't seen it in any of the supermarkets for ages and couldn't find it in Waterstone's

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18467
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  chrissie1 on Thu 29 Dec - 14:38

I dont know how long they have had it, but its in hardback, i told the little horrors they had just given k&g their money, i dont think they found that funny

chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  tigger on Thu 29 Dec - 17:59

gillyspot wrote:Have you seen this in the Guardian?

Kate's book is 18th in 2011 bestsellers and has had sales of 246,939 valued at £2,504,671.44

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/dec/29/books-best-sellers-2011-nielsen

An author will be lucky to net one pound per hardcopy book. It's a large paperback mostly. Most of the money has gone to Transworld.
Over that very public amount of money the Fund or Kate herself (is this money going into the fund?) will have to pay tax.
Not a very big deal. I 've seen the damn thing her in the Netherlands only once.
So basically, the advance hasn't been covered yet. They need to sell many more millions of books before they get royalties. Doubt they ever will get royalties.
If she got more than half a million as an advance, Transworld are crying themselves to sleep.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Panda on Thu 29 Dec - 18:19

tigger wrote:
gillyspot wrote:Have you seen this in the Guardian?

Kate's book is 18th in 2011 bestsellers and has had sales of 246,939 valued at £2,504,671.44

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/dec/29/books-best-sellers-2011-nielsen

An author will be lucky to net one pound per hardcopy book. It's a large paperback mostly. Most of the money has gone to Transworld.
Over that very public amount of money the Fund or Kate herself (is this money going into the fund?) will have to pay tax.
Not a very big deal. I 've seen the damn thing her in the Netherlands only once.
So basically, the advance hasn't been covered yet. They need to sell many more millions of books before they get royalties. Doubt they ever will get royalties.
If she got more than half a million as an advance, Transworld are crying themselves to sleep.

Hi tigger......would Kate really get anything near half a million advance for a first Book? Clarence described it as a "substantial advance " and if Kate had
already done the deal for the Sun to serialise Transworld would be well upset. Since the Fund Accounts show very little information we will never know
how much has been paid into the Fund , even if Kate was generous enough to donate the £200,000 sky fee, there is Corporation Tax payable at 22.5%.
Clarence also mentioned "enhanced Royalties". Isn"t it strange that although the Public has been responsible for most of the donations, the McCanns
havn"t even bothered to announce on Findmadeleine how much the Fund has received. I doubt their European promotion will have generated more
Sales and the cost of Translation has probably not been recouped. Would the cost of this be taken into account before any Royalties are due?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Panda on Thu 29 Dec - 18:25

chrissie1 wrote:I dont know how long they have had it, but its in hardback, i told the little horrors they had just given k&g their money, i dont think they found that funny

Hi chrissie 1 , I think the Paperback came out about September, so Transworld realised pretty soon that it was not going to be a Bestseller for very long.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 29 Dec - 18:28

Panda wrote:
chrissie1 wrote:I dont know how long they have had it, but its in hardback, i told the little horrors they had just given k&g their money, i dont think they found that funny

Hi chrissie 1 , I think the Paperback came out about September, so Transworld realised pretty soon that it was not going to be a Bestseller for very long.

I haven't seen the paperback anywhere!

ETA: According to Amazon the paperback will be available on April 26th 2012.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18467
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sale of Kate"s Book in the U.S

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:57


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum