Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts

+11
T4two
AnnaEsse
marxman
snowflake
Chris
Lioned
interested
Lillyofthevalley
cherry1
malena stool
Annabel
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Empty Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts

Post  Annabel Sat 16 Jun - 10:40

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Book-Maddie-tops-paperback-charts/story-16386243-detail/story.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Saturday, June 16, 2012Leicester MercuryFollow

The paperback version of Kate McCann's book Madeleine has topped the charts, selling 39,000 copies since it was released five weeks ago.

Her book about the abduction and continuing search for her daughter entered the paperback non-fiction chart at number two, climbing to number one for the second and third week of sale.

It is currently fourth in the league table, surprising industry experts.

Philip Stone, charts editor at The Bookseller magazine, said: "I was quite impressed.

"It was one of those books that I thought, if you wanted to read it, you would have wanted to read it when everyone was talking about it and when it was serialised in the paper – when the hardback came out.

"I thought that might mean the paperback would struggle. Shows what I know.

"It is one of the best-selling non-fiction paperback books of the last month."

At its peak, the paperback reached 13th place in the top 50 list of all books on sale, and sits at the 33rd position in that league table.

The book was released on May 11 – a year after the hardback version became one of the fastest-selling non-fiction books since records began in 1998.

It sold about 73,000 copies in the week of its release. Only five other non-fiction books have registered stronger sales in their first week – two cookery books by Delia Smith, the autobiographies of David Beckham and Tony Blair and a book by Princess Diana's former butler, Paul Burrell.

The 496-page paperback book has been published by Corgi, and is on sale for £7.99.

All the proceeds from sales will go towards the search for Madeleine, who went missing, aged three, during a family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia de Luz in May 2007.

The official Find Madeline Campaign took part in The Big Tweet, run by the Missing Children charity, last month.

For a whole day, on May 25, the charity tweeted messages dedicated to each missing child in the UK – including Maddie – and via the campaign website Kate McCann encouraged Twitter users to repost the messages to their followers.

On Wednesday, the campaign's Facebook page also urged holidaymakers to print off special translated posters about Maddie, in the language of their destination country, to distribute while on holiday.

A message on the campaign website said: "Going on holiday? Please take a holiday pack to raise awareness and to keep people looking for Madeleine.

"The vital piece of information that leads to a happy and longed-for reunion is usually thanks to a caring and vigilant member of the general public, often recognising a face from a poster. It is for this reason that we must continue to remind people of Madeleine and the fact that she is still missing."

http://findmadeleine. com/home.html
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Empty Re: Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts

Post  Guest Sat 16 Jun - 10:45

The Search For Madeleine?

Only by Proxy, it seems.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Empty Re: Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts

Post  T4two Sat 16 Jun - 11:44

A message on the campaign website should have said: "Going on holiday?.... be sure to count the number of kids you take with you and bring them all back".
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 Jun - 12:04

It would be useful to have a couple of appraisals of the book from those who have bought it - to include their reason for doing so, their original opinion of what happened to Madeleine and any part Healy/McCann may have played in it, and whether the book caused them to alter their view.

I certainly agree with T4two that a "before and after" headcount of children is a good idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 Jun - 12:36

What charts?

Where can we verify this information?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 16 Jun - 16:27

I couldn't find any validation Iris, but these reviews appeared on Amazon... (If they are to be believed). Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts 25346

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madeleine-Kate-McCann/dp/0593067916

Review
"You won’t find a more moving and powerful account of love and loss"--Douglas Wight, News of the World

"Madeleine is not only an impressive and well-written chronicle of a terrible crime, it is a must-read because someone out there knows something"--James Murray, The Sunday Express

"Powerful … Kate’s book blazes with the sheer, visceral force of her love for her daughter"--Sandra Parsons, Daily Mail

"Mrs McCann writes honestly about her torment"-- Robert Mendick, The Sunday Telegraph

"It’s hard to read these words without wanting to weep"--Christina Patterson, Independent

"This haunting account makes me rue the day I doubted them"--David Jones, Daily Mail

"It is high time the McCann haters pushed off... It seems clear that, far from self-justifying, or attention-seeking, this book is what it has always been about for the McCanns – a practical solution to fundraising."--Barbara Ellen, The Observer
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 Jun - 16:32

I can get any amount of Eggs in stock ready for those really rather poor Journalists to wear facially in due course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 16 Jun - 17:34

I mentioned on one of the threads a couple of weeks ago that Amazon has reduced the price to £3.88, a couple of Members said their Supermarkets
had plenty on their shelves . It is also untrue that all proceeds go towards the search for Madeleine, it's only the Royalties.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 16 Jun - 17:36

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts 477442 Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts 477442 after refreshing my memory of those journalistic quotes. I think that they first appeared when the hardback was published last year and aren't specifically about the paperback. The comments from the Mail and Observer "journalists" - using the word loosely - are quite definitely from last year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 16 Jun - 17:44

Not Born Yesterday wrote: Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts 477442 Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts 477442 after refreshing my memory of those journalistic quotes. I think that they first appeared when the hardback was published last year and aren't specifically about the paperback. The comments from the Mail and Observer "journalists" - using the word loosely - are quite definitely from last year.

It's gone very quiet in the McCann Camp, no more "sightings" of Madeleine to keep them in the spotlight . I think the fact that the price was halved on Amazon after only two weeks says it all.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 16 Jun - 17:54

How can she have written honestly about her torment when she goes into detail about
searching for Madeleine forgetting she had already admitted in her TV interview that she said
she hadnt searched!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 16 Jun - 18:32

cherry1 wrote:How can she have written honestly about her torment when she goes into detail about
searching for Madeleine forgetting she had already admitted in her TV interview that she said
she hadnt searched!

I remember that cherry1 and thought at the time the "we were busy" was quite a crass remark to make. any other Parents would have been out searching with the Residents of PDL until they were completely exhausted.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 16 Jun - 19:12

Well if the Leicester (McCann supporters) Mercury says Katies bewk sold 39,000 copies then it must be true Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts 192282
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 16 Jun - 21:24

Why is the book described as "non-fiction"? I take exception to THAT description.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 16 Jun - 22:11

Another 'Sheds are Us' lorry was seen leaving Rothley towers last week.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 17 Jun - 7:46

I wonder which outlets are making the sales. Tesco had the book at 43rd in their "bestsellers" last time I looked.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 17 Jun - 10:43

I think proibably Gerry drafted the Article and sent it to the local Paper.

"On Wednesday, the campaign's Facebook page also urged holidaymakers to print off special translated posters about Maddie, in the language of their destination country, to distribute while on holiday".........The McCanns just don't stop trying to get the Public help do they.!!!! On their Book Promotion
Tour, why didn't they post them themselves????? Another waste of money having posters translated.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Sun 17 Jun - 20:14

Annabel wrote:http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Book-Maddie-tops-paperback-charts/story-16386243-detail/story.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Saturday, June 16, 2012Leicester MercuryFollow

The paperback version of Kate McCann's book Madeleine has topped the charts, selling 39,000 copies since it was released five weeks ago.

Her book about the abduction and continuing search for her daughter entered the paperback non-fiction chart at number two, climbing to number one for the second and third week of sale.

It is currently fourth in the league table, surprising industry experts.

Philip Stone, charts editor at The Bookseller magazine, said: "I was quite impressed.

"It was one of those books that I thought, if you wanted to read it, you would have wanted to read it when everyone was talking about it and when it was serialised in the paper – when the hardback came out.

"I thought that might mean the paperback would struggle. Shows what I know.

"It is one of the best-selling non-fiction paperback books of the last month."

At its peak, the paperback reached 13th place in the top 50 list of all books on sale, and sits at the 33rd position in that league table.

The book was released on May 11 – a year after the hardback version became one of the fastest-selling non-fiction books since records began in 1998.

It sold about 73,000 copies in the week of its release. Only five other non-fiction books have registered stronger sales in their first week – two cookery books by Delia Smith, the autobiographies of David Beckham and Tony Blair and a book by Princess Diana's former butler, Paul Burrell.

The 496-page paperback book has been published by Corgi, and is on sale for £7.99.

All the proceeds from sales will go towards the search for Madeleine, who went missing, aged three, during a family holiday to the Portuguese resort of Praia de Luz in May 2007.

The official Find Madeline Campaign took part in The Big Tweet, run by the Missing Children charity, last month.

For a whole day, on May 25, the charity tweeted messages dedicated to each missing child in the UK – including Maddie – and via the campaign website Kate McCann encouraged Twitter users to repost the messages to their followers.

On Wednesday, the campaign's Facebook page also urged holidaymakers to print off special translated posters about Maddie, in the language of their destination country, to distribute while on holiday.

A message on the campaign website said: "Going on holiday? Please take a holiday pack to raise awareness and to keep people looking for Madeleine.

"The vital piece of information that leads to a happy and longed-for reunion is usually thanks to a caring and vigilant member of the general public, often recognising a face from a poster. It is for this reason that we must continue to remind people of Madeleine and the fact that she is still missing."

http://findmadeleine. com/home.html

Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts 307691 Book on Maddie tops the paperback charts Icon_flower
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 22:24

What on earth do you find to applaud about the gullibility of people who have chosen to believe a work of fiction over and above the vast pantheon of evidence, intelligence and circumstance that suggests a rather different story?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 22:28

I don't think that you can have read Snowflake's previous postings, The End is Nigh! At least she's polite unlike most totally blinkered McCann supporters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 17 Jun - 22:28

I think you will find that 'Snowflake' is
every bit a WUM.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 22:29

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't think that you can have read Snowflake's previous postings, The End is Nigh! At least she's polite unlike most totally blinkered McCann supporters.

Certainly have. Every word.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 22:36

Brave man! Marxman, I don't know about Snowflake being a wind-up merchant, I'm not sure that she'd carry on a joke for this long. I really don't know why she's here rather than on the Facebook McCann page - a much more suitable site for trusting delicate souls!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 22:39

I very much hope that nobody, nobody at all, whatever their opinion about how things came to pass, considers the disappearance of an innocent child to be "a joke".

That would be repulsive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  snowflake Sun 17 Jun - 22:45

marxman wrote:I think you will find that 'Snowflake' is
every bit a WUM.

What is a "wum"?
snowflake
snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 825
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next