Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

"Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  marxman on Tue 26 Jun - 8:50

An article, which I believe is right on the mark!
http://www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com/2012/06/26/why-the-left-simply-love-the-mccanns/

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Karen on Tue 26 Jun - 8:53

Interesting read - Thank you

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  margaret on Tue 26 Jun - 9:24

Thoroughly agreed. It's all me, me, me and l want it all without any effort - and if it goes belly up well it's not my fault attitude!

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  mara thon on Tue 26 Jun - 11:10

A good article and spot on too.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  kathybelle on Tue 26 Jun - 11:23

Marxman and thanks for the link. I agree with all the other comments about this article.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  whatsupdoc on Tue 26 Jun - 15:07

Thanks for an interesting read, Marxman.

I think the observations are spot on. It brings together things we have noticed.


whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 774
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

The other reason the left love the McCanns...

Post  comperedna on Tue 26 Jun - 17:34

is that they are very obviously working class/lower middle class people made good. For our American cousins logged on here the McCanns are decidedly NOT middle class people. In the UK class has little to do with money per se. In fact I have admiration for the effort they must have put in, coming from not very advantaged backgrounds, to get exams and such, and become accepted on highly sought after medical courses. It also means they had much more than many people to lose! I suppose the nearest the US has to this is talk of 'the American Dream' which may allow those who work hard to make it.

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  jinvta on Wed 27 Jun - 1:39

No wonder I don't love the McCanns, I am a righty! LOL! Those on the right believe in personal responsibility and independence. We are not waiting for our next governement handout, nor do we expect the government to solve all of our problems. The lefties, on the other hand, believe that all laws can be interpreted differently in ways that will benefit them. For example, most lefties probably believe that the McCanns leaving the children unattended was perfectlly fine as long as the act benefitted them in some way (saving a few bucks). However, there are varying degreee of lefties (Democrats) vs righties (Republicans), with most people falling somewhere in the middle (Moderates). Righties also tend to be more harsh regarding the punishment of criminals, wheras, the lefties can sympathise and see wiggle room in the criminal's defense.

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Claudia79 on Wed 27 Jun - 1:57

That's just ridiculous. It has nothing whatsoever to do with politics. Anyone who is a decent person cannot like the McCanns and their behaviour. And there are decent people from both the left and the right (I'm excluding fundamentalists because those cannot, by definition, be decent!).

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Wed 27 Jun - 8:51

Thanks marxman...good find! and every word printed is so true

Imo the McCanns fancy themselves as "righties" but are "lefties" through and through....

You can take the person out of the gutter, but you can't take the gutter our of the person

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Jun - 11:48

Beg to differ, people. The McCanns are neither "righties" nor "lefties", but chavs with good jobs. In fact I wouldn't even call them working class. I came from a working class home and my mother took good care of each and every one of us, our home was spotless , we were all turned out well and if any of this had happened to our family, she would have died from shame. The McCanns have no class. None at all.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Jun - 11:50

comperedna wrote:is that they are very obviously working class/lower middle class people made good. For our American cousins logged on here the McCanns are decidedly NOT middle class people. In the UK class has little to do with money per se. In fact I have admiration for the effort they must have put in, coming from not very advantaged backgrounds, to get exams and such, and become accepted on highly sought after medical courses. It also means they had much more than many people to lose! I suppose the nearest the US has to this is talk of 'the American Dream' which may allow those who work hard to make it.

Where did you get the idea that they came from "not very advantaged" backgrounds? This is a myth that has been put out to make us endear to them. Not all of Glasgow is a slum.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Oldartform on Wed 27 Jun - 13:09

I believe its useless to make sweeping statements about any specific creed, race, political party, class, sexual orientation etc. because there are good and bad in all groups.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  cherry1 on Wed 27 Jun - 13:33

Claudia79 wrote:That's just ridiculous. It has nothing whatsoever to do with politics. Anyone who is a decent person cannot like the McCanns and their behaviour. And there are decent people from both the left and the right (I'm excluding fundamentalists because those cannot, by definition, be decent!).


Anyone who is a decent person cannot like the McCanns and their behaviour.


Very true, which is why it is very sad that there are some of the Mccann supporters who never seem to question their behaviour. That tells us imo a great deal about some of the people who are supporting the Mccanns and makes it even more obvious to all that they are not interested at all in what really happened to Madeleine, but more interested in making excuses for the Mccann behaviour as well as trying their best to prevent information being known to the public at large which isnt being reported in UK.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  T4two on Wed 27 Jun - 14:26

If the events since May 3 2007 have told us anything at all, it is that the so-called support for the McCanns in the UK extends across the whole of the political spectrum from left to right. As far as Britain is concerned then, nothing to do with politics but, everything to do with the sad state of British society resultant from the breakdown of traditional moral and ethical values with the rise of a pre-eminently celebrity culture. Any attempt to politicize the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, that is, to use it to put over a political viewpoint, such as Blacksmith's recent anti EU rant, is abhorrent and serves no useful purpose for anyone other than perhaps satisfy the ego of the person engaged in that activity. Indeed such behaviour only serves to confuse the issue and detract from the objective. As far as I am concerned, the issue is the disappearance of 4-year old Madeleine McCann and the apparently successful attempt thus far to pervert the course of justice and the objective is to continue to protest until such time as serious efforts to uncover the truth are made and the perpetrators of whatever crimes have been committed against this child have been brought to justice.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Claudia79 on Wed 27 Jun - 14:30

Oldartform wrote:I believe its useless to make sweeping statements about any specific creed, race, political party, class, sexual orientation etc. because there are good and bad in all groups.


Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Claudia79 on Wed 27 Jun - 14:31

cherry1 wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:That's just ridiculous. It has nothing whatsoever to do with politics. Anyone who is a decent person cannot like the McCanns and their behaviour. And there are decent people from both the left and the right (I'm excluding fundamentalists because those cannot, by definition, be decent!).


Anyone who is a decent person cannot like the McCanns and their behaviour.


Very true, which is why it is very sad that there are some of the Mccann supporters who never seem to question their behaviour. That tells us imo a great deal about some of the people who are supporting the Mccanns and makes it even more obvious to all that they are not interested at all in what really happened to Madeleine, but more interested in making excuses for the Mccann behaviour as well as trying their best to prevent information being known to the public at large which isnt being reported in UK.


Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Wed 27 Jun - 15:24

Iris wrote:
comperedna wrote:is that they are very obviously working class/lower middle class people made good. For our American cousins logged on here the McCanns are decidedly NOT middle class people. In the UK class has little to do with money per se. In fact I have admiration for the effort they must have put in, coming from not very advantaged backgrounds, to get exams and such, and become accepted on highly sought after medical courses. It also means they had much more than many people to lose! I suppose the nearest the US has to this is talk of 'the American Dream' which may allow those who work hard to make it.

Where did you get the idea that they came from "not very advantaged" backgrounds? This is a myth that has been put out to make us endear to them. Not all of Glasgow is a slum.

If I am wrong please correct me but I thought that Kate says in her novel that Gerry's family of seven (plus occasional lodgers) lived in a one-bedroom tenement flat in Glasgow. That certainly does not sound very advantaged to me!

I admit that I have not read the novel myself as my stomach is too delicate and the information comes from someone else.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Lioned on Wed 27 Jun - 15:42

Its a ridiculous article a million miles away from reality.The mccanns idiosyncrisy's are far more in tune with the selfish traits of the far right or maybe the very much aloof aristocracy.
Not that neglecting children is a class thing anyway.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Guest on Wed 27 Jun - 20:03

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
Iris wrote:
comperedna wrote:is that they are very obviously working class/lower middle class people made good. For our American cousins logged on here the McCanns are decidedly NOT middle class people. In the UK class has little to do with money per se. In fact I have admiration for the effort they must have put in, coming from not very advantaged backgrounds, to get exams and such, and become accepted on highly sought after medical courses. It also means they had much more than many people to lose! I suppose the nearest the US has to this is talk of 'the American Dream' which may allow those who work hard to make it.

Where did you get the idea that they came from "not very advantaged" backgrounds? This is a myth that has been put out to make us endear to them. Not all of Glasgow is a slum.

If I am wrong please correct me but I thought that Kate says in her novel that Gerry's family of seven (plus occasional lodgers) lived in a one-bedroom tenement flat in Glasgow. That certainly does not sound very advantaged to me!

I admit that I have not read the novel myself as my stomach is too delicate and the information comes from someone else.

You said it yourself, NBY - a novel. A work of pure fiction from start to finish.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  tigger on Wed 27 Jun - 20:10

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
Iris wrote:
comperedna wrote:is that they are very obviously working class/lower middle class people made good. For our American cousins logged on here the McCanns are decidedly NOT middle class people. In the UK class has little to do with money per se. In fact I have admiration for the effort they must have put in, coming from not very advantaged backgrounds, to get exams and such, and become accepted on highly sought after medical courses. It also means they had much more than many people to lose! I suppose the nearest the US has to this is talk of 'the American Dream' which may allow those who work hard to make it.

Where did you get the idea that they came from "not very advantaged" backgrounds? This is a myth that has been put out to make us endear to them. Not all of Glasgow is a slum.

If I am wrong please correct me but I thought that Kate says in her novel that Gerry's family of seven (plus occasional lodgers) lived in a one-bedroom tenement flat in Glasgow. That certainly does not sound very advantaged to me!

I admit that I have not read the novel myself as my stomach is too delicate and the information comes from someone else.


The Gorbals I heard and don't really believe despite Gerry's natural inclination to behave like a small time Glaswegian crook. That rumour above of 7 in a one bedroom flat is too delicious to pass up. Very much the three Yorkshiremen sketch - bet they had to get up before they went to bed and worked 48 hours a day too, tea with no tea ......luxury....!

I don't buy it, maybe Eileen's family in the past but what of the happy family running a pub in Donegal?

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Age : 50
Location : The Hague
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  cherry1 on Wed 27 Jun - 21:50

T4two - As far as I am concerned, the issue is the disappearance of 4-year old Madeleine McCann and the apparently successful attempt thus far to pervert the course of justice and the objective is to continue to protest until such time as serious efforts to uncover the truth are made and the perpetrators of whatever crimes have been committed against this child have been brought to justice.


Brilliantly put!

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Wed 27 Jun - 22:23

Regarding the McCann family history, I think it is definite that they moved to Glasgow from Ireland in 1967, the year before Gerry was born. Gerry's father was supposedly a pub manger in Donegal before then and there are reports that his mother still owns it but leases it to somebody else. It could all be a load of hokum to appeal to the good nature of Irish people (Madeleine is one of their own, don't you know?) and they did indeed respond to the appeal for funds very generously. A relative of mine in Dublin said that Philomena gave many interviews in the early days.

On another forum someone researched Irish birth records to see if the story that Gerry's father was born in the pub could be confirmed. Unsurprisingly, it couldn't - no record of his birth was found at all.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Oh dear...

Post  comperedna on Thu 28 Jun - 14:22

On this type of topic I have been much understood before. No-one believes there are good and bad from all backgrounds and from left of centre and from right of centre more than I do, and for the record (and it's irrelevant, really) my family of origin would be counted very much 'less advantaged' too. No-one can surely be confused about my opinion of the behaviour of the McCanns towards all three of their small children. I did know neither KM and GM grew up poor, that's not the point. Neither was I being snobby. But I really do think certain left of centre persons who have written about the McCanns make them into plaster saints because they are the reverse of 'posh', as in definitely not middle class, and have made good, in becoming GP and cardiologist by means of education and academic effort. I do believe that is at least partly why. Someone on earlier on in this thread called them chavvy, which is now considered very rude, but I know what s/he meant.

It is practically impossible to put this in US terms because middle class here means something totally different than in the US. In the US it seems to mean something like 'hard working ordinary people of moderate means.' Obama said he was working to make sure 'middle class' people prospered. In England it would be unimaginable for a politician right, left, or centre to say such a thing! Similarly, liberal with a small 'l' here tends to mean something positive: decent, tolerant, etc, but from past experience, in the US it is a negative word ,and seems to mean something to be condemned: wishy-washy, extremely left wing etc

Oh how easy it is to be misunderstood, especially when playing Devil's advocate.

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Oh my... I'm replying to myself!

Post  comperedna on Thu 28 Jun - 14:30

T4two - As far as I am concerned, the issue is the disappearance of 4-year old Madeleine McCann and the apparently successful attempt thus far to pervert the course of justice and the objective is to continue to protest until such time as serious efforts to uncover the truth are made and the perpetrators of whatever crimes have been committed against this child have been brought to justice.

Brilliantly put![i]

SURELY NO-ONE ON HERE COULD DISAGREE!

The title of this thread is merely tangential to the main issue, but it is none the less it is interesting...

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: "Why the left love the Mccanns to bits"

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:29


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum