Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stating the obvious...

+15
pennylane
Claudia79
Lillyofthevalley
ELI
Oldartform
aqeleega
Panda
welshy
chrissie1
whatsupdoc
Bobsy
kitti
mara thon
MaryB
jd16
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stating the obvious... Empty Stating the obvious...

Post  whatsupdoc Sun 8 Jul - 11:26

Why can't someone in PdL just ask Jenny Murat if she minds if her path is checked to see if there is anything there. I'm sure it can be restored to her satisfaction. No big deal , is it?

This would avoid years of legal debate, NSY sitting on it for ever and a "I can lie more than you can Leveson Inquiry and your time starts now".
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
Stating the obvious... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Stating the obvious... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Stating the obvious... Empty Re: Stating the obvious...

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 8 Jul - 11:27

Stating the obvious... 307691

Why arn't the Mccanns demanding the Murats Drive be dug up, they complained nobody was doing anything last year, nows the chance, Birch is insistant that this is the place, if Murat and the McCanns are innocent of any wrong doings isn't this perfect to show the world what this guy is, what have the McCanns or murat got to lose, remember Birch has admitted on sky news he TRESPASSED 4 TIMES ON MURATS LAND, come Gerry and Kate, get intouch with Dave again and demand this 2nd driveway at Murats be dug up, I'm sure Dave will help you yet AGAIN!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
Stating the obvious... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Stating the obvious... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Jul - 11:38

Lillyofthevalley wrote: Stating the obvious... 307691

Why arn't the Mccanns demanding the Murats Drive be dug up, they complained nobody was doing anything last year, nows the chance, Birch is insistant that this is the place, if Murat and the McCanns are innocent of any wrong doings isn't this perfect to show the world what this guy is, what have the McCanns or murat got to lose, remember Birch has admitted on sky news he TRESPASSED 4 TIMES ON MURATS LAND, come Gerry and Kate, get intouch with Dave again and demand this 2nd driveway at Murats be dug up, I'm sure Dave will help you yet AGAIN!!!

This link shows stills of his visit. How did he, his machine and whoever took the video get onto the property. There are high walls and gate. He has also said he was watching the property to see when the occupant went out yet goes on to say he did the four visits at dawn. So what was the occupant/s doing going out at dawn? All very strange.
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/07/robert-murat-likely-to-sue-south.html
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 8 Jul - 11:40

Take this with a pinch of salt as it is quoted from The Daily Star....."A source close to the McCanns, of Rothley, Leics, said: “It appears this so-called investigator used scanning equipment during a visit to the resort in June. “Kate and Gerry do not believe there is anything credible in what he is saying. It seems to be complete lies. If there was any truth in it, police would be out there digging up the area looking for possible remains.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/260768/-Madeleine-McCann-grave-yards-from-her-hols-flat-/

When its 'source close' rather than the pink one, then this says to me it is made up
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Jul - 11:53

whatsupdoc wrote:Why can't someone in PdL just ask Jenny Murat if she minds if her path is checked to see if there is anything there. I'm sure it can be restored to her satisfaction. No big deal , is it?

This would avoid years of legal debate, NSY sitting on it for ever and a "I can lie more than you can Leveson Inquiry and your time starts now".

That would be too simple doc!

But if they erected a tarpaulin cover in Murat's yard, and some men in white CSI suits went in and started digging, and the results came back as 'nothing suspicious,'...... would we believe them?

I know I wouldn't.... not unless the digging was done openly. That is the sad state of affairs at this juncture I fear.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Jul - 12:00

pennylane wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:Why can't someone in PdL just ask Jenny Murat if she minds if her path is checked to see if there is anything there. I'm sure it can be restored to her satisfaction. No big deal , is it?

But if they erected a tarpaulin cover in Murat's yard, and some men in white CSI suits went in and started digging, and the results came back as 'nothing suspicious,'...... would we believe them?

I know I wouldn't.... not unless the digging was done openly. That is the sad state of affairs at this juncture I fear.

Hi Pennylane, it is a shocking state of affairs when all trust has gone, but we cannot go and do the dig so if there is to be one we have to hope the individuals doing it can be trusted to tell the truth, we have no option.
I find it unbelievable that there still has not been any news of a search, or does it take time for a warrant. Where are the dawn raids we hear about?
And the dawn arrests Stating the obvious... 424625 Stating the obvious... 782309
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Sun 8 Jul - 12:16

It's just so strange that none of the main players McCanns and Murat seem to want to follow this up, in as much that if I were in Murat's position, and was innocent, I'd be handing the PJ a spade and tell them to get digging...

And of course the McCanns themselves have not made any comment apart from the "source close to the family" saying in the Mirror (?) article that they thought it was nonsense...yet are quite happy to endorse "sightings" of Madeleine all over the world that are just so obtuse they would actually be funny if it wasn't for the fact a child is missing, probably dead! Who can forget the child singing in a choir in Canada...or the Sun's graphics of possible sightings including the half naked man holding a gun at a child's head on the roadside in France...you really couldn't make this stuff up...well obviously they did, but you know what I mean.

But now when someone comes along and says "this is where I believe Madeleine is buried" and it's within a few yards of where she went missing, if the parents were totally innocent, they should have been on the first plane over to Portugal and demand the police check it out...but nothing at all
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 8 Jul - 12:18

I get the feeling that this maybe about
'teasing' out reaction from some very
worried people in the know.
It really makes no sense because from
a practical and logical sense it would
be quite easy to rip up and repair the
drive-way with the minimum fuss.
Therefore, I beieve its more to do with
'mind games' rather than a dig up.
Very interesting that silence has taken
root within the mccann camp.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  susible Sun 8 Jul - 12:24

I would love to be a fly on the wall at Rothley Towers today...I wonder what they're saying and doing, I'm sure it would be very interesting...

And It's notable that the "Madeleine is alive and living with a nice family" bs from Horrocks, has been totally overshadowed by the latest news, as I think far more people will believe the latter rather than the former!
susible
susible
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 282
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Jul - 12:24

Bobsy wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Hi Pennylane, it is a shocking state of affairs when all trust has gone, but we cannot go and do the dig so if there is to be one we have to hope the individuals doing it can be trusted to tell the truth, we have no option.
I find it unbelievable that there still has not been any news of a search, or does it take time for a warrant. Where are the dawn raids we hear about?
And the dawn arrests Stating the obvious... 424625 Stating the obvious... 782309

Hi Bobsy,

Over the past years, when a person has disappeared off the face of the earth, dwellings of people under suspicion have been searched with great diligence without any success, only to find years down the road that a body was discovered buried in the garden or in the walls of the house. Baffling then that nobody in authority seems interested in following this up, particularly since RM was distinctly singled out by Jane Tanner and others in the group....
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Jul - 12:31

pennylane wrote:
Bobsy wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Hi Bobsy,

Over the past years, when a person has disappeared off the face of the earth, dwellings of people under suspicion have been searched with great diligence without any success, only to find years down the road that a body was discovered buried in the garden or in the walls of the house. Baffling then that nobody in authority seems interested in following this up, particularly since RM was distinctly singled out by Jane Tanner and others in the group....

Hmmm. It has to be forensically tested, just dismissing it is not investigation. And with all the money being thrown at this case what it would cost is chicken feed.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sun 8 Jul - 12:31

Do a reconstruction
re-interview witnesses
Dig up a site where there are allegations

Oh no. this is much too simple. It's a farce.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Jul - 12:45

I just had a look at the photos, even enlarging it is hard to tell whether this is genuine .......take a good look and tell me what you see.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Jul - 12:58

Panda wrote:I just had a look at the photos, even enlarging it is hard to tell whether this is genuine .......take a good look and tell me what you see.

I see a man with a machine in very much the same spot. I can see the high walls and the big gate, so how he got in beats me unless he was either let in or they had steps/ladders or there is a smaller gate elsewhere. Do these machines run on batteries?
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Jul - 13:06

Bobsy wrote:
Panda wrote:I just had a look at the photos, even enlarging it is hard to tell whether this is genuine .......take a good look and tell me what you see.

I see a man with a machine in very much the same spot. I can see the high walls and the big gate, so how he got in beats me unless he was either let in or they had steps/ladders or there is a smaller gate elsewhere. Do these machines run on batteries?

I see what looks like Murat's place?

Having listened to Birch being interviewed, I don't think he's a nutter at all, and he's being careful not to accuse anyone. He also said he doesn't want any contact with the McCanns as he wants to remain independent. I don't understand why he's getting bad rap. We aren't talking a vast area here, and I think he has far more to lose than gain by what he's claiming.

It's not as if the authorities are inundated with new lines of inquiry into Madeleine's fate. I wish Birch luck in getting his excavation objective met.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Jul - 13:09

Bobsy wrote:

Doesn't the white bit represent a Door? If so, it may have been unlocked and he could have got in that way.Also, all the photos are virtually the same ,
none close up , I don't trust this Bobsy.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Jul - 13:21

Perhaps Birch knows more than he is saying, and got a tip off when there was nobody at the Murat home for a week.

The McCanns aren't the only ones who can access dubious information on others and slide under the radar don't ya know! Stating the obvious... 25346
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Jul - 13:24

Why didn't Birch approach Mrs Murat and explain , I am sure she would have agreed to his search as long as he repaired any damage. Having already
had the PJ inspecting her Property and knowing there was no way a body would be buried there what did she have to lose.? Also, if the machine needs
electricity like a geiger counter how was it operated.? Maybe it's all a dastardly plot to frighten the McCanns because it is now assuming Madeleine is
dead.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Jul - 13:27

Panda wrote:
Why didn't Birch approach Mrs Murat and explain , I am sure she would have agreed to his search as long as he repaired any damage. Having already
had the PJ inspecting her Property and knowing there was no way a body would be buried there what did she have to lose.? Also, if the machine needs
electricity like a geiger counter how was it operated.? Maybe it's all a dastardly plot to frighten the McCanns because it is now assuming Madeleine is
dead.

Panda, Birch has stated he does not want any contact with the parties. Which (imo) is the correct thing to do.

Just because he says he doesn't suspect the McCanns or the Murats, doesn't meant that is the case. I think he is being very careful what he says on that score, for obvious reasons.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 8 Jul - 13:40

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
dead.

Panda, Birch has stated he does not want any contact with the parties. Which (imo) is the correct thing to do.

Just because he says he doesn't suspect the McCanns or the Murats, doesn't meant that is the case. I think he is being very careful on that score.

He has made a specific theory and should have gone to the PJ not crept uninvited into a stranger's house IMO, sorry, I don't buy this. It's like the Guy
from America who offered $1 million for information I seem to remember he put a sign up on a Football Pitch,? turned out he was a hoax.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 8 Jul - 13:48

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
dead.

Just because he says he doesn't suspect the McCanns or the Murats, doesn't meant that is the case. I think he is being very careful on that score.

He has made a specific theory and should have gone to the PJ not crept uninvited into a stranger's house IMO, sorry, I don't buy this. It's like the Guy
from America who offered $1 million for information I seem to remember he put a sign up on a Football Pitch,? turned out he was a hoax.

Didn't he say he did it this way to protect himself? All things considered, that makes sense to me, particularly if he's convinced he is right.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sun 8 Jul - 13:52

What can be lost by digging this area up? If nothing is found the only person looking silly is Mr Birch.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 8 Jul - 13:57

The digging can go ahead AFTER the libel trial, after all, the mccanns want there 1.2m.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Jul - 14:00

If somebody crept uninvited onto MY private property with a machine, surveyed it and then demanded that it be dug up, I would sue their sorry ar$es from here to Kingdom come. What right does Birch have to do this? More importantly, who's paying him?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Jul - 14:02

Panda wrote:
Bobsy wrote:

Doesn't the white bit represent a Door? If so, it may have been unlocked and he could have got in that way.Also, all the photos are virtually the same ,
none close up , I don't trust this Bobsy.

Yes all the photos are the same taken though from a video so we have a few stills only. I can see the gate and high wall and yes it could be a door, but my stumbling block at the moment is how he got in, he said he was trespassing so he had gone in without invitation, and he said he had been watching to ensure no one was in, but then said the visits were at dawn, so where was Mrs Murat at dawn, certainly not in bed. Might she have taken the two dogs out at this hour as they were dangerous dogs and couldn't be about when the tourists were around so this chap knew the coast was clear with regards dogs and Mrs Murat?
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next