Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman

+28
cherry1
Claudia79
jd16
pennylane
duncanmac
AnnaEsse
dazedandconfused
widowan
mummy45
Bobsy
Wallflower
Justiceforallkids
tigger
Angelique
T4two
whatsupdoc
jozi
Angelina
wjk
susible
comperedna
cass
Lillyofthevalley
mossman
meg
Karen
tanszi
quickfingers
32 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman - Page 10 Empty Re: McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman

Post  cherry1 Mon 16 Jul - 18:54

I think it is more about what the Mccanns know and who else is being protected so
Mccanns being given what they want to keep quiet.

heartbreaking to see how much money being used on the review when that money could be
put to use helping victims of abuse, other missing children etc.

all people should be treated equally, no one person should be more important than the next
person, if my child had gone missing and I saw another parent getting help and I was refused
I would be devastated and very angry.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :
McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman - Page 10 Empty Re: McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jul - 20:38

duncanmac wrote:What problem was that ?
The fact she got the name of Mr Amarals successor wrong ?
or
The fact she said the Macs spoke with Gordon Brown the day after Madeleine disappeared,when he wasnt even Prime Minister, it was Tony Blair ?

Duncanmac, if you put your brain in gear, before you wrote this post, you would have re-read my post and you would have seen that I wrote in my post, if I am not mistaken Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida was Goncalo Amaral's successor, I didn't swear he was.

I've never said Gordon Brown was the Prime Minister at the time of Gerry McCann's phone call to him. I said he was Prime Minister, when he spoke to the Portuguese Prime Minister, Jose Socrates.

What is wrong with you? You seem to have a problem reading posts. Today you misquoted a post that Claudia made and you've misquoted mine on more than one occasion.

I don't get what you are about. The other day you were slagging off the PJ and Goncalo Amaral, then a few minutes later, you stated that Goncalo Amaral was a fine man and you even praised the PJ.

This morning in a reply to Claudia, where you misquoted her post, you were ridiculing the PJ.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns Lawyer says police must take position on the lead provided by S.A Businessman - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 16 Jul - 21:18

I think the mccanns would love the garden to be dug and to prove that Madeleine wasn't there and hey ho, told you so, she was abducted.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Mon 16 Jul - 22:06

kathybelle wrote:
LJC wrote:Gordon Brown, apart from being the Chancellor at the time, was also an MP for his constituency. And if someone has a problem it is common to go to the local MP. Who would Gordon Brown be local MP to? If it was a Scottish constituency he held then it figures he may have been contacted for help in this regard by a member of Gerry's family. I have contacted my MP on a couple of occasions because their voice is heard above all others sometimes, that's all. In fact if my child went missing (it would not be because I had left him/her alone) I more than likely would contact my local MP to see what help was available to me and whether he could push my pressing need for help to the top of the list somehow. Political help does not necessarily mean you are trying to upset a police investigation, but you just may want to be kept in the loop a bit more especially when there is a language barrier.

If your child was missing, I would hope you would phone the police straight away and then look for her/him, before you contacted your MP. The McCanns never contacted the police and they never looked for Madeleine. There was no excuse for the McCanns not to contact the police, because Gerry McCann and his mates were all holed up in the Tapas Bar when Kate "informed" them that Madeleine had been taken.

I'm sure one of the Tapas Bar staff, would have phone the police if they were asked. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that the McCanns never looked for Madeleine either. When they should have been looking for Madeleine and would have been looking for her if she had disappeared without their knowledge, they were making their important phone calls to their family and friends. Their friends included their high profile media friend, John Corner, who arranged for the story of Madeleine's disappearance to be put in the newspapers and read out. by newsreaders on the radio and television.

Another of their friends was Gordon Brown and we all know what happened there, at least those of us who have followed the case from day one know what happened. The McCanns were treated as if they were Royalty, by Brown and Blair and it is no good saying they weren't because they were.

I find it absolutely appalling that the McCanns can admit to doing something, that would put a Portuguese citizen in jail, for doing the same thing and walk free thanks to the British Government. I also find it absolutely appalling that Ben Needham's mum Kerry, who along with her partner was at work when Ben disappeared, asked the British Government for help and they refused to help her.

When Kerry saw how much help the McCanns were getting, after Madeleine disappeared, she asked the Government again for help and again they refused to help her. She is now getting help although how much help she is getting I don't know. All I know is there was a campaign made by the public and celebrities such as Tom Cruise, to get Kerry help from the British Government.

What is the difference between Madeleine and Ben? They are/were both British citizens. Why should the McCanns who were 100% to blame for whatever happened to Madeleine, get treated with kid gloves, by the British Government? When Kerry and her partner, who were 100% innocent, were hung out to dry by the British Government.

Hang on, hold on to your knickers. I am just saying I would enlist the help of my local MP if I had a problem. Of course I would be phoning the police first - as a matter of fact I had to do just that when my lad, then aged 11, walked away from me in a supermarket and it was all over in less than 10 minutes, with him coming back to the shop in the back of a police car.

I am simply saying what I would do. If I feared my child had been abducted I would, at some stage, after much searching and if I felt out of the loop with regards to what the police were doing or telling me (and language barriers if it happened abroad), I would be trying to enlist the help of my local MP. And you know what, yes I would expect to be treated like Royalty, or at least in a very civil and appropriate manner, because I would be beside myself with worry and the last thing I would need would be for my MP to say sorry, can't help you.

I am not comparing myself with the McCanns. If such a dreadful thing happened to me I would have no trouble remembering the details because telling the truth is easy to remember.

I cannot tell you why Ben Needham's case did not get the coverage. And I agree with you that it seems the McCanns had more than enough coverage and I would not be surprised if they had not got friends in very important jobs. But I certainly would be contacting my Member of Parliament if I became so unstuck abroad or at home that I felt it was a last resort I had no choice but to go to.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jul - 22:20

When Ben Needham disappeared in Greece for starters no Ambassador appeared to offer help, Mrs Needham said her local Police station said they could
not interfere with Greek procedure, but surprise surprise when it was announced that a review would take place the local Police offered help to Mrs
Needham and the Greek Police were going to dig up an area in the Farmhouse where Ben had been with his Grandad, no news so I presume nothing was
found.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 16 Jul - 22:35

Panda wrote:

When Ben Needham disappeared in Greece for starters no Ambassador appeared to offer help, Mrs Needham said her local Police station said they could
not interfere with Greek procedure, but surprise surprise when it was announced that a review would take place the local Police offered help to Mrs
Needham and the Greek Police were going to dig up an area in the Farmhouse where Ben had been with his Grandad, no news so I presume nothing was
found.

Hi Panda

The information in the link below, shows how shabbily Kerry was treated by the British Government.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-mum-tells-of-new-845618

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jul - 23:12

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:

found.

Hi Panda

The information in the link below, shows how shabbily Kerry was treated by the British Government.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-mum-tells-of-new-845618

Hi kathybelle, I saw the interview with Mrs Needham and admired her quiet dignity and utter belief that Ben was alive. Apparently he has a birthmark which would still be visible and she was hoping he might be reading about his disappearance and check for the birthmark., faint hope indeed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10