Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013

+28
nospinnaker
cass
fred
tanszi
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Claudia79
Chris
jd16
devonmum
Lioned
cherry1
chrissie
saloongirl
wjk
Angelina
matthew
duncanmac
Loopdaloop
fuzeta
snowflake
Krisy22
margaret
marxman
SteveT
AnnaEsse
Me
Wintabells
32 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Empty Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013

Post  Wintabells Wed 16 Jan - 21:33

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013

Post  Chris Wed 16 Jan - 22:30

IMO He is implying the McC's intend backing down next week. I would be surprised.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013

Post  Guest Wed 16 Jan - 22:40

I have given up trying to understand Blacksmith myself but I really do hope that Chris is right with his (?) interpretation and that this is what happens.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 16 Jan - 23:41

I wonder if Amaral and Bennett have been in contact.
We know that Pat Browns been helping.

I hope there is a group of people backstage all helping each other out.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 17 Jan - 10:27

Chris wrote:IMO He is implying the McC's intend backing down next week. I would be surprised.

That's my take on it too. And it would be surprising, given the McCanns' relentless pursuit of their perceived 'enemies'.

We're days away from the beginning of the trial. So I'm intrigued - on two counts.
WHY?
And WHY NOW?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Thu 17 Jan - 12:19

But that's exactly what he has just said in his libel diary piece this morning:

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/libel-diarythursday-morning-january-17.html

Thursday, 17 January 2013
Libel diary–Thursday morning January 17

John Blacksmith writes: I've experienced plenty of shocking events in my time and survived encounters with a number of monsters but I'm willing to confess that I read Kate McCann's Madeleine with something approaching horror.

The stormy and unpredictable violence of her personality, her inability to conceive of anyone's needs beyond her own, her failure ever to write about, or confront the memory of, her oldest child as a real human being, confining herself instead to recalling and describing photographs and images of her daughter in a pattern of clinical aberration, were troubling enough. Then there was the extraordinary risk she was taking in setting out a version of events that people close to her, particularly her Portuguese lawyer and his assistant, knew to be untrue. What, I wondered, was she thinking as she sat alone at her desktop, somehow constructing a narrative on several different levels at once, addressing simultaneously the police who she knew would be reading her book, her seven friends and her family who had seen a very different Kate McCann, the journalists who she had used to subvert the investigation so successfully and, finally, the "public" itself? Perhaps she'd convinced herself that the latter, whose support in the UK had carried her through so many dangerous passages, was the only one that mattered and would continue to keep her impregnable and wrote accordingly. Even creepier was the sense that one gets from certain Nabokov books, including Lolita – the feeling that at times you can hear a ghostly voice hidden somewhere behind the narrative, laughing at the challenge of deceiving the audience.

For the book reveals that Kate McCann is quite mad. That was why I softened the end of the review I wrote for the McCann Files: the exposure of her madness was so raw and discomfiting that it made me pause at the impact my own writings might have on what passes publicly for her personality if she read them.

Sympathy for a sick person might be in order then. Except.

Except for her ruthlessness in her own interests illustrated by the psychotic pursuit of Goncalo Amaral in which she used everything she had, the wealth her public fans had provided, the support and sympathy of people who believed in her, the dirty newspapers like the Mirror willing to collude in the plot and the unrelenting viciousness at her core, to destroy him. "Destroy", for once, means what it says. As does "Kafkaesque". The assault that she and her tight-mouthed accomplice sprang on Amaral, the nightmare in which they trapped him and the relentless way they upped the pursuit month by month could easily have driven a lesser man to suicide.

While Kate McCann was whining to the UK media at the unfair fate she had suffered, I was hearing how her campaign had claimed its first victim – Amaral's wife having a complete breakdown and telling her beleaguered husband that even if he was right she simply couldn't stand the terror of it any more: both the pain and the odds against them were too great, he had to seek out the McCanns and settle. She was an innocent victim in the way the whiner never was but that cut no ice with Kate McCann: she was just an object to be trodden on and squashed in her pursuit of her enemy.

That pursuit has failed. The McCanns are going to settle on Amaral's terms and that means it's the beginning of the end of six years of lies and deception. No, I can't evoke even a touch of sympathy for them: they have acted wickedly and now they are going to pay.
Me
Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 17 Jan - 12:46

Thanks Me.

The real Blacksmith appears to be back! The coherant one who gets straight to the point. Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 25346
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 17 Jan - 12:54

Thanks, Me!

And what can I say?
Wow ...... just wow ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 17 Jan - 13:26

margaret wrote:Thanks Me.

The real Blacksmith appears to be back! The coherant one who gets straight to the point. Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 25346

almostgothic wrote:Thanks, Me!

And what can I say?

I really hope this is true!!
And he seems pretty confident in what he is saying. Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 782309
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 17 Jan - 13:33

wjk wrote:
margaret wrote:Thanks Me.

almostgothic wrote:Thanks, Me!

And what can I say?

I really hope this is true!!
And he seems pretty confident in what he is saying. Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 782309

I haven't seen any rumours, but I don't think Blacksmith would publish that without having good reason to believe it.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 17 Jan - 14:01

AnnaEsse wrote:
I haven't seen any rumours, but I don't think Blacksmith would publish that without having good reason to believe it.

This depends on who he really is. He is more than likely an observer without any real inside knowledge, and with a past record of aggressively attacking people who questioned the mccanns 'story' and lets not forget how disgusting he was to SteelMagnolia wishing her death before she passed away...time will tell his true colours
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 17 Jan - 15:25

And another one ... (my bold)

Thursday, 17 January 2013
Libel Diary, afternoon January 17

The reason for the rumours we alluded to yesterday is, of course, the desperate straits that good old Team McCann is in. They have no choice but to settle but they believe they can minimise the damage if only they can spin it and muffle it enough to leave them a shred of credibility, though events in Algeria came a little too soon to bury the settlement in the sand. The trouble is that, just as in Lisbon in January 2010, so many people have been enlisted in the salvage effort that it's been impossible to plug the leaks.

The spin you will receive, unless the McCanns decide to change it in the light of what they're reading here, is that funds being low and the needs of the search so great – once it resumes – they are no longer willing to waste money and will let bygones be bygones in order to preserve the fund's assets.

Bullshit.

Duarte has told them that they cannot possibly win.
Not only are they not dropping the case to save money but they are even now in negotiations to try and reduce the financial demands being made by Goncalo Amaral's defence team. Every national editor in England is aware of these negotiations but true to their performance since 2008 they aren't saying a word – yet. Not even Kier Simmons, bless him. Anyone want to tweet him for his views about the dreadful rumours from the dreadful ignoramuses of the internet?

And while they have their phones in their hands perhaps they'll tweet Clarence Mitchell to ask if he still believes he has a future in the Tory party and how he feels about Amaral's intended pursuit – of him. Go on, ask him.

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/libel-diary-afternoon-january-17.html
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 17 Jan - 15:40

And while they have their phones in their hands perhaps they'll tweet Clarence Mitchell to ask if he still believes he has a future in the Tory party and how he feels about Amaral's intended pursuit – of him. Go on, ask him.

Without trying to be a killjoy, we don't have any other source for Blacksmiths information. How does his know GA's intentions? I do hope Blacksmith is correct but waiting for more proof of what he says
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 17 Jan - 15:51

Someone has tweeted Clarrie. Let's see if he replies!

@mitch_1uk ClarenceMitchell you still believe you have a future in t Tory party&how do you feel about Amarals intended pursuit of U
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jan - 16:06

Kier Bawheid Simmons spent an entire morning trying to tell me on twitter that "Reabrir" didn't mean "reopen". I suggested he invest in a Pt-English dictionary from The Works at a mere £1.99, where anyone could look it up and see for themselves. Then he called me a troll and said I was deliberately trying to start an argument. Eejit. Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 371436
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 17 Jan - 16:10

I hope Blacksmith is right but am keeping an open mind.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 17 Jan - 16:19

Just remember Coldwater !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Thu 17 Jan - 16:28

I think that the Mccanns have eventually arrived
at the end of their brinkmanship. A tactic they
have used successfully to date, but will, I hope
illustrate how dangerous such a tactic is when
faced with a more determined and couragous
opposition such as GM and TB. The brink has
now appeared and I think the laws of gravity
will hopefully do the rest. Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jan - 16:39

Lioned wrote:Just remember Coldwater !

AFAIK none of what Coldwater posted has been actually disproved. He just stopped posting after he was outed and got into trouble with his employers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jan - 17:02

jd16 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

This depends on who he really is. He is more than likely an observer without any real inside knowledge, and with a past record of aggressively attacking people who questioned the mccanns 'story' and lets not forget how disgusting he was to SteelMagnolia wishing her death before she passed away...time will tell his true colours

Yes indeed: Two almost diametrically opposite and self-contradictory characters in one body.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jan - 17:05

The End Is Nigh wrote:
jd16 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Yes indeed: Two almost diametrically opposite and self-contradictory characters in one body.

If, indeed, it is only one person. Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 49091
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jan - 17:07

Quite.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 17 Jan - 17:08

jd16 wrote:

Without trying to be a killjoy, we don't have any other source for Blacksmiths information. How does his know GA's intentions? I do hope Blacksmith is correct but waiting for more proof of what he says

Believe me, Blacksmith knows what he is talking about.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 17 Jan - 17:10

That's encouraging, Carolina.

A shame Blacksmith dents his own credibility at times, though: It's hard to know which of his offerings to have faith in these days.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 17 Jan - 17:25

Carolina wrote:
jd16 wrote:

Believe me, Blacksmith knows what he is talking about.

Carolina, thank you Blacksmith - Rumours, what rumours? 16th Jan 2013 Icon_flower
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next