Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED

+16
Panda
SteveT
matthew
cass
Loopdaloop
Palmeras16
malena stool
Lillyofthevalley
hobnob
Karen
T4two
margaret
Annabel
fred
jd16
kitti
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Empty Re: McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED

Post  Guest Sat 19 Jan - 15:40

E
Not Born Yesterday wrote:It would be the stuff of my nightmares - definitely not my dreams - if anyone ever decided that the McCanns should be awarded even more compensation!
the McCanns won't be getting ANY of the siezed money. The ban was overturned by a higher court, remember? Therefore any money from the sale of the book is legitimately earned and will be returned to GA.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Empty Re: McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED

Post  margaret Sat 19 Jan - 16:42

Palmeras16 wrote:
I wonder whether 'his terms' will include a large donation to the Find Madeleine Fund?

Ooh a hat-trick of them in 24 hours.

Don't feed the trolls people! McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 613255
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 19 Jan - 16:47

margaret wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:
I wonder whether 'his terms' will include a large donation to the Find Madeleine Fund?

Don't feed the trolls people! McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 613255

Yes, it's really interesting to see what activates them from time to time McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 23324
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 19 Jan - 18:35

Hiya Marxman, yes i see like many trying to fathom out what had produced this change. its all lets wait and see again, but very intersting all the same.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat 19 Jan - 18:36

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 19 Jan - 18:38

marxman wrote:It must be remembered that it was the Mccanns
that had instigated legal action for libel against
GA. Therefore, as plaintiffs they would have had
to show that GA's comments constituted an intent
to spread false testimony, based on inaccurate and
malicious information extracted from a bogus and
erronious investigation. This I believe, was an uphill
and unrealistic attempt to pin all their claims for
libel upon the shoulders of one man, and not the PJ
as the investigating authority.Therefore, it maybe
the case, that since GA didn't buckle under the vast
pressures directed solely at him as an individual, they
maybe considering directing their wrath towards the
PJ, with which they may find GA in agreement.
Of course this maybe not the case, but it maybe worth
thinking about as route that suspends the court case
and with both sides saving face.

Why in hell would GA would be in agreement with the McCanns and go after the PJ!!! GA has fought this battle not just for himself but also for freedom of speech and information and for the truth. In no way would he do anything in cohoots with the dubious duo against the PJ for which worked for 25 years and he still has many friends in the force. I find it difficult to understand how anyone could come up with this wild possibility
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 19 Jan - 19:45

i hope that ga is ok and hes not ill or anything --6 years of your life trying to get justice for madeleine is a very long time
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hobnob Sat 19 Jan - 20:29

margaret wrote:
Palmeras16 wrote:

awwwwwww i wanna feed the trolls ~ stamps feets~ McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 530160

can i feed the McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 498776 then?

Ok spoilsports

Can i feed the trolls preferably to the big McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 463762 that is hiding under the bridge.

They sued for equal rights in fairytales and so we now have the three mealy mouthed trolls drip dripping over the bridge whilst the big McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 463762 leaps out and has them for McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 183280 cos he knows nobody likes them or wants them around.

The neighboring villagers heard all about this and being ever such nice people helpfully McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 48510 the trolls to the shortcut bridge leading to rothley towers McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 554636 McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 391499 McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 463742
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 19 Jan - 21:01

Carolina wrote:The McCanns asked for the suspension of the trial and want to negotiate which obviously means that they are not in a position of power anymore. Gonçalo holds all the cards and if the couple want to negotiate they will have to do it on his terms.

It's about the money, Carolina. They must have finally understood that even if they won (and the chances weren't great especially because of the acordão re the book banning) the money would probably not be enough to pay for their expenses. This case only got this far because they always thought GA would eventually back down because I'm sure Isabel Duarte must have told them about the ridiculous compensations around here...

ETA: they might now try to get some. if I were GA I'd given them 5 Euros and tell them it's to pay for Aragão's contribution! McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 294124
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 19 Jan - 21:07

It's always a great sign when certain characters visit us. It's just said they they don't do it more often because it would mean there was good news more regularly.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 19 Jan - 21:24

Claudia79 wrote:
Carolina wrote:The McCanns asked for the suspension of the trial and want to negotiate which obviously means that they are not in a position of power anymore. Gonçalo holds all the cards and if the couple want to negotiate they will have to do it on his terms.

It's about the money, Carolina. They must have finally understood that even if they won (and the chances weren't great especially because of the acordão re the book banning) the money would probably not be enough to pay for their expenses. This case only got this far because they always thought GA would eventually back down because I'm sure Isabel Duarte must have told them about the ridiculous compensations around here...

ETA: they might now try to get some. if I were GA I'd given them 5 Euros and tell them it's to pay for Aragão's contribution! McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 294124

If I were GA I wouldn't even give them the 5 Euros because that would be like saying he was wrong. All GA has to do is watch them squirm because they don't want to go to the inside of a courtroom.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 19 Jan - 22:01

Wonder how this case will reflect McCann v Bennett case next month??

Will they be trying to stop that one as well, seems to me the docs don't want to see the inside of a court all of a sudden, what's happened to all they're threats McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 19 Jan - 22:52

Carolina wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

If I were GA I wouldn't even give them the 5 Euros because that would be like saying he was wrong. All GA has to do is watch them squirm because they don't want to go to the inside of a courtroom.

McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 192282
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 20 Jan - 11:32

fred wrote:This is the link to the Portuguese paper where it was reported.
http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/503/sociedade/julgamento-maddie-goncalo-amaral-mccann--algarve-desaparecimento/1411299-4071.html

It is saying they will try and settle and have 6 months to do so.

No doubt it will be spun in the British press that Amaral has backed down etc.

This really annoys me. I want them to have to go to court.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 20 Jan - 11:50

[quote="Claudia79]ETA: if I were GA I'd given them 5 Euros and tell them it's to pay for Aragão's contribution! McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 294124 [/quote]

I think it will be considerably more than 5 euros, don't you agree Claudia? I'll be interested to see how you spin GA's capitulation into a victory then.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sun 20 Jan - 13:18

Palmeras16 wrote:[quote="Claudia79]ETA: if I were GA I'd given them 5 Euros and tell them it's to pay for Aragão's contribution! McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 294124

I think it will be considerably more than 5 euros, don't you agree Claudia? I'll be interested to see how you spin GA's capitulation into a victory then.[/quote]

What capitulation are you talking about? This is a joke by Claudia and nothing more. I'm sure that GA would never even consider this possibility. He has waited this long and not given in so why now when the McCanns are the ones throwing in the towel and asking for a suspension and negotiation. If it had been the other way around, we would have been bombarded with press releases and probably a press conference.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 20 Jan - 13:25

Dr Amaral will no doubt do as he is advised, but I think after 6 years of the kinds of grief, worry and insults he has endured, I would demand my day in court.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 20 Jan - 13:36

Carolina wrote:
marxman wrote:It must be remembered that it was the Mccanns
that had instigated legal action for libel against
GA. Therefore, as plaintiffs they would have had
to show that GA's comments constituted an intent
to spread false testimony, based on inaccurate and
malicious information extracted from a bogus and
erronious investigation. This I believe, was an uphill
and unrealistic attempt to pin all their claims for
libel upon the shoulders of one man, and not the PJ
as the investigating authority.Therefore, it maybe
the case, that since GA didn't buckle under the vast
pressures directed solely at him as an individual, they
maybe considering directing their wrath towards the
PJ, with which they may find GA in agreement.
Of course this maybe not the case, but it maybe worth
thinking about as route that suspends the court case
and with both sides saving face.

Why in hell would GA would be in agreement with the McCanns and go after the PJ!!! GA has fought this battle not just for himself but also for freedom of speech and information and for the truth. In no way would he do anything in cohoots with the dubious duo against the PJ for which worked for 25 years and he still has many friends in the force. I find it difficult to understand how anyone could come up with this wild possibility

I did say 'may' be in agreement. Do you not agree
that GA's assertions that make the basis for his
book, and his right to express his opinion, is derived
from the PJ's overall analyses and investigation of
the case? Then it may follow that GA would feel
and agree that the PJ with its vast amount of assets
and dedicated personel maybe better placed to take
on the mccann machine.
GA had to leave the PJ in order to freely express his
opinion. Its now about time that he got the fullest
backing in economic, moral and legal support
from the organisation that created his views in the
first place.
I believe I am entitled to express my 'wild' possibilites,
without the need for your wild angry shouting down
of points that you don't agree or consider.

marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmeras16 Sun 20 Jan - 14:22

Carolina wrote:
What capitulation are you talking about? This is a joke by Claudia and nothing more. I'm sure that GA would never even consider this possibility. He has waited this long and not given in so why now when the McCanns are the ones throwing in the towel and asking for a suspension and negotiation. If it had been the other way around, we would have been bombarded with press releases and probably a press conference.

Yes I agree Caroline, the five euros is a small joke by Claudia, it had slipped my mind that she could be such a bundle of fun on occasion. However the fact that GA is going to have to pay the McCanns compensation is not a joke. He has six months to agree settlement and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have to hand over at least half of his assets, which are currently frozen.
Palmeras16
Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue66 / 10066 / 100McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 20 Jan - 14:27

Palmeras16 wrote:[quote="Claudia79]ETA: if I were GA I'd given them 5 Euros and tell them it's to pay for Aragão's contribution! McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 294124

I think it will be considerably more than 5 euros, don't you agree Claudia? I'll be interested to see how you spin GA's capitulation into a victory then.

McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 23324
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 20 Jan - 14:36

Claudia79 wrote:

If it were GA who was capitulating, it would have been all over the papers by now. Instead, we get more "sightings" that get more and more ridiculous with every telling. It's perfectly obvious to anyone who hasn't been living on Betelgeuse for the past five years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 20 Jan - 14:59

Iris wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

If it were GA who was capitulating, it would have been all over the papers by now. Instead, we get more "sightings" that get more and more ridiculous with every telling. It's perfectly obvious to anyone who hasn't been living on Betelgeuse for the past five years.

The question, Iris, and the the couple's supporters have been screaming from the roof tops all these years that Isabel Duarte was going to 'murder' GA in court and nothing would stop that fact. No apology, no mercy plea, nothing. There was no chance in hell they would ever ever 'negotiate', they said. And now, what do we have? A 'silent' suspension which the McCann apologists found outrageous and a lie when it was mentioned by BS and which they now have had to justify the best way they could because it became true. McCann judgment that opposes the Gonçalo Amaral SUSPENDED - Page 2 25346
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sun 20 Jan - 16:43

Palmeras16 wrote:
Carolina wrote:

Yes I agree Caroline, the five euros is a small joke by Claudia, it had slipped my mind that she could be such a bundle of fun on occasion. However the fact that GA is going to have to pay the McCanns compensation is not a joke. He has six months to agree settlement and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have to hand over at least half of his assets, which are currently frozen.

Where did you get that strange idea that GA is going to have to pay the McCanns compensation? The McCanns can make proposals but GA has no obligation to accept them and if he says no to all of them the case goes to court or the McCanns can withdraw their suit. I don't understand how you can interpret the couple asking for the suspension of the trial and negotiation as meaning that they are in a position of force to make demands on Gonçalo Amaral because it is in fact a sign of weakness. A strange way of seeing things.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 20 Jan - 16:59

Well now, Carolina: I've been puzzling over this today and you've neatly clarified and encapsulated it. Thankyou.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next