Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear

+12
cass
T4two
matthew
margaret
quickfingers
jd16
AnnaEsse
tanszi
frencheuropean
Chris
Carolina
hobnob
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Empty The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear

Post  matthew Mon 21 Jan - 18:25

The Blacksmith Bureau

Monday, 21 January 2013
Oh Dear

There's no need for the Bureau to try and convince anyone further about the correctness of its story: as we said the reaction of both parties will make it clear which is the correct version of events.

Before that, however, we have the truly extraordinary claim made by some of the pair's less knowledgeable supporters that Goncalo Amaral had asked for a suspension of proceedings. We say "less knowledgeable" because, of course, nobody with any connection with the McCann camp has even hinted at such a possibility. Not one. That is despite one of the UK national editors pressing them for a confirmation or denial of the original rumour so that he could either run the story or kill it. Nope. No reply; no contact. Not even a "pal" of the McCanns, or even a "family friend", would give any sort of a steer, confidential or otherwise, as to how the paper should act.

Now it's quite possible that in these affairs, as in nearly all others, the labyrinthine Portuguese civil code enjoins all parties to silence. That is a matter of some significance to GA since he is within grabbing distance of the court if he breaches the rules. Not for the first time, however, the McCann camp in the UK (the country the leak derives from) are beyond the reach of the Portuguese justice system; given the proof of repeated and unpunished breaches of secrecy rules by Kate McCann and her proxies, such as Lori Campbell and David James Smith, the couple have absolutely nothing to lose by a leak or steer now. But not a sound.

Well, my lud

Turning now to the libel case itself. The simply crazed suggestion that GA has asked for terms, and the even crazier idea that Kate McCann would take her fingernails out of GA's eyeballs unless she was dragged off by male nurses, implies that he sees no possible hope of winning the case. Dear oh dear, oh dear. No hope?

The libel writ has only been released to the two papers with most to lose from Amaral's vengeance who've been in the pockets of the parents since 2007, never to the millions of suckers who believe in the pair and contributed to the fund – the Mirror and the People. From what they have published there were three main grounds in the writ.

That Amaral's claims were false.
That, in addition, the claims had caused enormous psychological and behavioural damage to the couple which deserved financial compensation.
And that the "search for Madeleine" had been, and was continuing to be, damaged by the inference from GA's "thesis" that the child was dead.

Forget the propaganda war and forget the spin. Just going on judicial processes and Kate McCann's own words they no longer have a claim under any of these three heads.

Amaral's claims were false

A complete defence to Claim One is that "the defendant had good reason to believe his allegations were true and were made in good faith." The Lisbon injunction hearing in 2010 heard evidence from officers in the case that, based on their investigation, they were all of the same opinion as Amaral that the McCanns had presented "a fairy tale" of abduction. The archiving summary "on the reconstruction" detailed the evidence against the nine which still existed at the time of archiving. Clearly he had, and has, good reason.

The final appeal hearing put on judicial record that the Amaral interpretation of the case up to its archiving was of the same level of validity and good faith as the interpretation which the prosecutor had made in authorising shelving on the grounds of innocence of the arguidos. Therefore there was no evidence of "bad faith". As the Bureau pointed out last year the judgement in the Amaral v Marcos Aragão Correia libel case found for the latter on exactly those grounds.

Amaral has a 100% defence.

2. Psychological and behavioural damage to the couple.

Whatever Duarte claimed in 2009 Kate McCann's words in Madeleine, as well as the couple's actions since, demonstrate the falsity of this claim. In the final chapter of the book Kate McCann describes the various severe difficulties she and Gerry McCann have suffered since 2007. None of these are attributed to the statements or actions of Amaral or match the list of symptoms given by their lawyer in the writ. The only conclusive effect that Kate McCann claims Amaral had on her was to make her psychopathically furious with him: if everyone who makes Kate McCann insanely angry was sued for libel the justice system would grind to a halt.Either she is lying now or she was lying in the statement of claim.

In that same chapter she refers to events which demonstrate that she was undamaged by Amaral in the way she claimed. She refers to going onto the Oprah Winfrey show, in which her state can be seen in recordings, to dancing and going to social functions. Photographic evidence confirms this.

The claims have not a shred of evidence so far to support them and appear to be contradicted in detail by her book.

3. "Damaging or preventing the search."

This was always going to be near-impossible to prove given that the onus in Portugal lies on the claimant, not the defendant. In 2013 the situation for the claimants is much worse. The only "evidence" that Kate McCann has revealed publicly is either hearsay or her "belief". The matter is so subjective that there would have to be very convincing quantitative, not qualitative, evidence to make a judge even consider the claim. There is none that we know of.

Secondly the "search" to which the claimants were referring no longer exists, having been stopped in March 2012. The McCann website states that it was stopped because the Scotland Yard review is now doing the "searching". No claim that Amaral's thesis could affect the Yard search has been made by the McCanns nor, obviously, could it be made bearing in mind the statements of Redwood on behalf of the inquiry. So the claim is not just wrong but a non-sequiter.

No evidence for the claim. Written evidence to the contrary.

Does anyone seriously believe that Amaral or his lawyer would be pleading with the McCanns to drop their case given these facts? We'd love to know the evidence that anyone can produce on the net to refute the three statements we've made above. Sooner or later the parents are going to have to face the reality of the situation. The longer they pretend the more crushing the defeat.

The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 307691
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
 The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Empty Re: The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear

Post  hobnob Mon 21 Jan - 18:48

Don't forget also the oopsie by kate when answering those bothersome 48 questions.

When asked if she knew by not answering the previous questions she was hindering the search her reply was * yes if that is what the investigation thinks"

Kate from her own mouth admits she herself was hindering the search.

can we know expect her to sue herself of gerry to sue her or vice versa?  The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 23324
hobnob
hobnob
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :
 The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 21 Jan - 18:56

The Mccanns aren't shy of publicity when it suits them, if mr.amaral had backed down they'd be shouting from the rooftops. Their silence speaks volumes.

Any pros who try and spin this against amaral are frankly embarrassing themselves. Poor paid chimps.  The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 23324
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 21 Jan - 18:59

"Back of the net ................ !"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 21 Jan - 19:35

"Sooner or later the parents are going to have to face the reality of the situation. The longer they pretend the more crushing the defeat".

In life there are people who do things for themselves and there are those who have other people do things for them.
With the 'big story', the 'great humiliation' and all its repercussions, the guys they've had on speed dial all these years (who've nannied them and dug them out of numerous holes) are not able to help them. Hence the floundering, the procrastination, the eerie silence.

Face reality? Look up at the staircase.
"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Mon 21 Jan - 19:44

I doubt very much that the McCanns or Gonçalo Amaral are not allowed to speak about the suspension as all court decisions are made public in the name of transparency of justice. Normally "segredo de justiça" (justice secrecy) only applies to police investigations. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 21 Jan - 20:07

Carolina wrote:I doubt very much that the McCanns or Gonçalo Amaral are not allowed to speak about the suspension as all court decisions are made public in the name of transparency of justice. Normally "segredo de justiça" (justice secrecy) only applies to police investigations. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

There could have been an undertaking in the agreement for suspension to keep matters quiet during negotiations.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 22 Jan - 14:44

New article today:

The Blacksmith Bureau

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.fr/

Tuesday, 22 January 2013Send for Jane!
You'd think that someone within Team McCann might have called for a steady hand on the tiller by now, wouldn't you?

Of course Kate & Gerry McCann, as Kir "Royale" Simmons would remind us, never bother themselves with trashy internet rumours from mad haters. Much too busy, you know. But when the internet noise level about the libel case is up on the red line, when the Express's special Samba Brasil supplement is the talk of the town and the Yard are spotted back in Oporto…well, you might suppose that Gerry & Kate would want something said. So when is Clarence Hairspray going to break cover?

Save the ozone layer!

Spokesman demonstrating hairspray damage

A far away country of which we know nothing

He's here! Talking to the media at last. He'll tell us the score.

'Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCanns, said: “This is a matter for Scotland Yard and I am sure they will get to the bottom of it. Kate and Gerry have confidence in Operation Grange.”' (The Express)

The flames are licking at Fort Rothley, the parents are hysterical and in hiding, Murray has made them a laughing stock, the Facebook page is in lockdown but the Meisterspinner has nothing to say about libel.

No, no, of course James Murray, having discussed Samba steps with him for ten minutes didn't, absolutely didn't, finish by asking,"since you're on the phone, Clarence, can you tell us anything about the libel case settlement rumours?" No, of course he didn't. Why would he do that?

Fifty Shades of Screech

Then Duarte will tell us! Last seen with mask, thigh-length boots and bamboo cane lashing the crouched and sobbing Amaral around her office to the sound of "Stuck in the middle with you", she's now emerged into the daylight – and she's talking to UK journalists as well, including Mr Murray.

“I communicated with him by e-mail because I wanted to know where the picture was taken and who took it and who the men are," she said about Brasil 2013. And James Murray, naturally, quite naturally, didn't say, "Thanks M/S Duarte, by the way is the libel case going ahead as planned?" And Duarte didn't put down her cane and launch into one of her screeches to tell us how justice had finally caught up with Amaral etc. Or even, more quietly, that the case had been suspended three days before but she couldn't say why.

New Spokesperson Required

But where will they find one? Would you take the job now? Brian Leveson might, he's a Scouser and he isn't proud. He's in court. Then what about Max Clifford? He's on bail. Rebekah? She's been nicked. Lori Campbell then. Boyfriend's been nicked. Wait a minute, do you remember Jane Tanner singing to Leicester police about the surveillance van episode? "She didn't say yes, she didn't say no, she couldn't say yes, she couldn't say no. Boom-boom."

That's the position Kate and Gerry McCann have got themselves into now. Call Jane. Has she been nicked? Not yet. That's it! Jane Tanner can do it!

First press conference for new McCanns' spokesperson.

New Spokesperson Appointed

A pal of the McCanns said "Given the situation Gerry and Kate are in we think Jane's special talents make her perfect for the role." Asked what Gerry and Kate thought, a family friend said "They are in hiding." Asked if his hair was real the friend replied, "That's an operational matter."

First Tanner Media Conference

Hack: Jane, what can you tell us about the libel case?

Jane T: Erm, phew, I mean, I don't know.

Hack: How far away are they from a settlement?

Jane T: Phew, as, I mean, it’s hard to, sort of thing, but I think I was sort of halfway –

Hack: As far as you can say at the moment, that is what you think? Halfway?

Jane T: Look, they’re not involved and the thing is, there’s somebody out there you know, Madeleine if she’s dead or alive whatever you know, maybe it is too late to find her but there’s somebody out there that’s done this and it’s not Kate and Gerry, it’s not us, you know they can do it again and that is the, you know they’re laughing their socks off, they’ve just got away with this scot free and you know, and I think it’s, the thing is, they are there, then it’s not us and that person is out there and you know, could do it again and as I say it might be, we obviously hope not but it could be too late for Madeleine…

Hack: Is the f****** case suspended or not?

Jane T: I mean, I don’t, phew, I don’t, I don’t think it, no, there doesn’t, there’s no,erm, and then, erm, then went, I think because it has gone a bit wrong.

Hack: So in your heart of hearts?

Jane T: I don't think -

Hack 1: Where's Hairspray?

Hack 2: Come on lads, let's go down the pub.

And…

Anyone want to try twitter again for a comment from Clarence? Or the Facebook page?

at 14:35
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Jan - 15:11

Another good one - shame the overall tenor is spoilt by some of his personas' efforts at times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 22 Jan - 19:05

The flames are licking at Fort Rothley, the parents are hysterical and in hiding, Murray has made them a laughing stock, the Facebook page is in lockdown but the Meisterspinner has nothing to say about libel.

C'mon Clarrie! Put down that lockjaw toffee!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Empty Well, well...

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 17:47

Hernani Carvalho on Querida Julia today, talked about trial GA vs #McCann Confirmed it was McCanns who asked for an out of court settlement.

Picked up from Twitter about 5 mins ago, don't know whether it is true.

ETA - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4515088/Maddie-McCann-parents-1m-bid-over-lies.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Wed 23 Jan - 17:55

Iris wrote:
Hernani Carvalho on Querida Julia today, talked about trial GA vs #McCann Confirmed it was McCanns who asked for an out of court settlement.

Picked up from Twitter about 5 mins ago, don't know whether it is true.

ETA - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4515088/Maddie-McCann-parents-1m-bid-over-lies.html

Where is ANTONELLA LAZZERI now?!!  The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 25346 ....shouldn't she be reporting latest developments? cuddle cat got her tongue or something?
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 23 Jan - 18:05

why dont the McC update the public with the news that they have suspended the libel action
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 23 Jan - 18:20

Clarrie - doing a rather good ostrich impression
 The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Head-in-the-sand
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Empty New Blod Uncovered

Post  matthew Wed 23 Jan - 18:36

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.de/2013/01/new-blog-uncovered.html

The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear Kgx_thumb%25255B2%25255D

January

Wednesday: It has been a relatively quiet week for us. We did hear that the New Zealand police have officially ruled out the reported sighting of Madeleine over there. It is disappointing that they took so long. As usual there are rumours but Kate and I have learned to handle them. We were gratified to see that people in Brazil have been attempting to help our search.

Thursday: My brother left early this morning. It was great having him here for a few days, particularly for the twins to be able to play with their ‘big’ cousins. As well as the huge number of messages of support we have had a lot of inquiries about events in Portugal. As we understand it the Attorney-General has stressed that there are no new developments in the case.

Friday: Today we had an informal meeting at the Brazilian embassy.Apparently there is a lot of interest in Madeleine there and we spent several hours talking to the ambassador and his staff. He asked us about progress in our libel case against Goncalo Amaral. All we have ever wanted is for the truth to emerge.

Saturday: We gave a statement to sixteen UK and European editors via conference call. All of them wanted to know how things were going. It's good to see that they still care for us! As far as Portugal is concerned we told the editors that the course of justice should take place unhindered and we are standing by that.

Sunday: Meeting with one of our lawyers to discuss recent events in Brazil. We have been let down too many times for our hopes to rise unduly. But the photograph is very encouraging. Unfortunately there are difficulties about extraditing people from there to the UK, according to the Brazilian ambassador. Kate had a slight cold.

Monday: A meeting with another of our lawyers – we are becoming more expert in the law than some of them! He is recommending that Kate and I fly to Rio to see for ourselves what is going on there. More questions about our libel trial but we were unable to add anything to what we've already told people.

Tuesday: A friendly meeting with an international estate agent who wishes to contribute to the fund. He is based in Brazil and showed us some wonderful pictures of family houses deep in the matto grosso region available for rent. Today we spent all afternoon opening letters of support.

Wednesday: Today we had a meeting with our lawyer Isobel who gave us the latest news from Portugal.We are sure that justice is being done. Today we were told that parts of Brazil are potentially dangerous to youngsters so we may leave the twins with in-laws until December. By then we hope to discover the truth about the photo which detectives have been so interested in.

Thursday: There is lots of excitement about Scotland Yard detectives going to Portugal. We hope that this time they will finally convince the Portuguese to re-open the case based on the information we have given them.

Friday: Kate and I were very woozy from all the vaccinations we've had. Apparently the house we have rented can only be reached by small boats on the Amazon so Kate and I will have to take our seasickness pills as well!

Saturday: We talked to a delightful supporter of ours called Katie Price Jordan. We have arranged to meet one of her medical friends in Harley Street tomorrow who can advise on a little blemish on Kate's cheek. No news from Portugal.

Sunday: Clarence, our great support through difficult times, has apparently had to rest on doctor's orders, We wish him luck.

Wednesday: A quiet day. Unfortunately we both have to travel to a friend's funeral so we won't be blogging for a few days. Also, due to an accident in the kitchen Kate and I have had to have our faces bandaged up and won't be able to open the Croxteth Academy sports day! The news from Portugal continues to be good.
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Jan - 19:02

Brilliant!

Why can't they he be like this all the time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 23 Jan - 19:06

yes! he they have been on form of late...plastic surgery the only way of evading the inevitable?
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 23 Jan - 19:29

Great to see Gerry blogging again after all this time!  The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 23324

Hope they remember to pack plenty of hair dye!
Oh, and don't forget the elocution lessons - 'twould be unfortunate to have David Attenborough and a BBC film crew pitch up at their jetty to be confronted by the screech and the camp whine. What a giveaway missus!
Never mind twins - they'll be home for Christmas!

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 Jan - 22:27

almostgothic wrote:Great to see Gerry blogging again after all this time!  The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 23324

Oh, and don't forget the elocution lessons - 'twould be unfortunate to have David Attenborough and a BBC film crew pitch up at their jetty to be confronted by the screech and the camp whine. What a giveaway missus!

Well, after McTurdo 3 said that they knew where Maddie was and she'd be home for Christmas, did they ever get round to saying where it was?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 23 Jan - 22:33

AnnaEsse wrote:
almostgothic wrote:Great to see Gerry blogging again after all this time!  The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 23324

Well, after McTurdo 3 said that they knew where Maddie was and she'd be home for Christmas, did they ever get round to saying where it was?

And which Christmas they were bothering to rescue her?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 24 Jan - 8:59

Excellent.!!  The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 23324 The Blacksmith Bureau:Oh Dear 23324

Clarence found another job a few months ago ....rats deserting the sinking ship???

I think the McCanns are trying to do a deal with Amaral but 6 months seems a long time to suspend the Trial.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 24 Jan - 10:01

mitchell does has previous experience representing sinking ships......Costa Concordia
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 24 Jan - 11:45

http://activa.sapo.pt/tv/casosdepolicia/2013/01/24/mccann-pedem-negociacao-extrajudicial

Seems quite clear from this that it is the McCanns who are asking for the out-of-court settlement. Also I think it says that a meeting will take place within 20 days?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 24 Jan - 12:23

Yes indeed - further confirmation.

And yet their followers on the Official Facebook Find Madeleine Campaign are being told:

Brian and Pam, it's a rumour and totally untrue. Let's not discuss that horrid man on this page. Ta. ~FM Webmaster

The webmaster is the official representative of the campaign on Facebook.
One assumes that he/she contacted HQ before making that statement?
Very irresponsible - do they not anticipate a backlash when the truth cannot be denied any longer?
Do they think the sheeple will still follow even when they've been lied to?

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Thu 24 Jan - 12:38

almostgothic wrote:Yes indeed - further confirmation.

And yet their followers on the Official Facebook Find Madeleine Campaign are being told:

Brian and Pam, it's a rumour and totally untrue. Let's not discuss that horrid man on this page. Ta. ~FM Webmaster

The webmaster is the official representative of the campaign on Facebook.
One assumes that he/she contacted HQ before making that statement?
Very irresponsible - do they not anticipate a backlash when the truth cannot be denied any longer?
Do they think the sheeple will still follow even when they've been lied to?

I saw that too but couldn't see the message from Brian and Pam it refers to! Guess that was removed.

Last edited by quickfingers on Thu 24 Jan - 12:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next