Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement!

+18
almostgothic
joyce1938
nospinnaker
Carolina
cass
susible
Karen
dutchclogs
quickfingers
Palmeras16
Keela
marxman
Angelique
hobnob
interested
matthew
T4two
HiDeHo
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement!

Post  devonmum Sat 26 Jan - 13:11

I feel so angry on his behalf. He was doing his job, they were not doing theirs as parents.

They have tried to destroy him, all because he did not believe them.

Now they are asking him to settle out of court? They still want things their own way, but i believe they have met their match, he is not going to bow down and be gagged by them.

There are also the others they are sueing in Portugal, are they trying to settle with them too?
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :
McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement!

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 26 Jan - 13:15

nospinnaker wrote:While the latest developments come as a bit of a surprise, what with the chappie running off to Brazil, the Fund's accounts being late, Kate donating her million quid, the Brazil/Ibiza sighting, and now learning that the McCanns want to do a deal, maybe we are being a little premature in celebrating the doctors' downfall.

It's been posted elsewhere that maybe the McLawyers want to offer Dr Amaral some sort of deal that would drop the claim for 1.2 million quid, pay his lawyers' fees and in return ask for his continued silence and the withdrawal of his book. That would free Dr Amaral of the uncertainty and stress that would accompany the hearing - while he seems to have a very good case to a layman like me one never knows with courts and lawyers. He could then, perhaps, get on with his life, they may think. Naturally that would achieve what the McCanns really want - removal of the threat of further adverse publicity from Dr Amaral - and it would undermine the cases of his co-defendants. It may well prejudice Mr Bennett's legal troubles, too. The McCanns' legal team have placed Dr Amaral under great pressure and just possibly they reckon it's enough to make him give way. It's not justice as I know it, but it's life in the harsh reality of the legal world.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not. Maybe the details are wrong but the outline will be something like that.

All the rest of it - Brazil, accounts, book etc., is just the usual smoke 'n mirrors trick so frequently wielded by TM.

I do think you will be wrong nospinnaker.....

I've been one of those posters who hope and pray that Maddy will get her justice, but Dr Amaral is more then the hope and pray brigade he is "Madeleine throw and throw" he will never give into TM (I for one Believe its GA that has and still is putting the Mcs and their lawyers under great pressure) he has seperated from his wife, he has never wavered from this once, even under ill health and the loss of his family, if he does there will be a good enough reason for it and it will be to do with the justice for Madeleine first and upmost imo......

The man is not for turning, especially when it comes to.......Madeleine Beth McCann McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 4 192282
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns ask for OUT OF COURT Settlement! - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 26 Jan - 13:47

nospinnaker wrote:While the latest developments come as a bit of a surprise, what with the chappie running off to Brazil, the Fund's accounts being late, Kate donating her million quid, the Brazil/Ibiza sighting, and now learning that the McCanns want to do a deal, maybe we are being a little premature in celebrating the doctors' downfall.

It's been posted elsewhere that maybe the McLawyers want to offer Dr Amaral some sort of deal that would drop the claim for 1.2 million quid, pay his lawyers' fees and in return ask for his continued silence and the withdrawal of his book. That would free Dr Amaral of the uncertainty and stress that would accompany the hearing - while he seems to have a very good case to a layman like me one never knows with courts and lawyers. He could then, perhaps, get on with his life, they may think. Naturally that would achieve what the McCanns really want - removal of the threat of further adverse publicity from Dr Amaral - and it would undermine the cases of his co-defendants. It may well prejudice Mr Bennett's legal troubles, too. The McCanns' legal team have placed Dr Amaral under great pressure and just possibly they reckon it's enough to make him give way. It's not justice as I know it, but it's life in the harsh reality of the legal world.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not. Maybe the details are wrong but the outline will be something like that.

All the rest of it - Brazil, accounts, book etc., is just the usual smoke 'n mirrors trick so frequently wielded by TM.

I am sure the move is an attempt to salvage something but they lost the whip hand when the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court ruled against them. It was the reason ID had to try and overturn the Court of Appeal ruling despite flimsy grounds for even trying. It was always unlikely that a judge in a lower court was going to go against those rulings and losing would open them to paying all costs and a potential counter claim for damages. I wouldn't be surprised if they were advised to try and do a deal to try and mitigate those costs. It seems quite clear Amaral & Co were prepared to go to court so it would be strange if they are now prepared to settle on any terms which would present the other side with a victory on the central issues or to forego their rights which the courts have already upheld.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 27 Jan - 9:09

devonmum wrote:I feel so angry on his behalf. He was doing his job, they were not doing theirs as parents.

They have tried to destroy him, all because he did not believe them.

Now they are asking him to settle out of court? They still want things their own way, but i believe they have met their match, he is not going to bow down and be gagged by them.

There are also the others they are sueing in Portugal, are they trying to settle with them too?

I think they are,,,,...the television station that produced and showed the video and wasn't it also to do with the 'timing' that it came out....the Mccanns didn't like his video coming out before theirs.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4