Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No settlement

+28
cass
interested
Chris
jinvta
halfamo
Annabel
Angelina
dutchclogs
Panda
AnnaEsse
Palmeras16
Keela
jay2001
Carolina
frencheuropean
malena stool
kitti
margaret
chrissie
maebee
weissnicht
tanszi
SteveT
wjk
matthew
pennylane
mossman
Karen
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

No settlement - Page 4 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Tue 19 Feb - 16:20

Carolina wrote:For those who were afraid that Gonçalo was going to give in, here he is standing firm and ready to fight in the court room. Bravo!

And i and many more applaud him for his stance against this obnoxious pair , What is it they are so afraid of .Oh wait could it be the truth .!!!!.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
No settlement - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No settlement - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

No settlement - Page 4 Empty Re: No settlement

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 19 Feb - 18:30

[quote="Palmeras16"]
Claudia79 wrote:Wonder how our friend Palmeras is feeling...

I’m feeling happy and well, Claudia, thank you for asking. I suspect that the same cannot be said for GA, now that the McCanns have turned down his settlement offer and elected to move to a full trial. The notion that Amaral is “standing his ground” or “has an ace up his sleeve” is ludicrous, as I think you well know. I hate to be a party pooper but, as far as I can see, the clock is not ticking, the end isn’t nigh and the McCanns are not stocking up on Imodium. What I do foresee though, is Mr Amaral donating at least half of his seized assets to the Find Madeleine Fund.[/quote]

No settlement - Page 4 294124 No settlement - Page 4 294124

In their dreams!! No settlement - Page 4 929468

Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
No settlement - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No settlement - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 19 Feb - 18:33

Dream on.........

It does brighten up the day when P16 pops out of his or her cave to join us.

No settlement - Page 4 738116

I'll add a link to the report on the fund just in case anyone is tempted to donate to it!!

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Tue 19 Feb - 18:52

Why would the Algarve Daily News print the following:

"The ban of the book and the video, in which Gonçalo Amaral claims that Kate and Gerry McCann were involved in the disappearance of their daughter and in the concealment of her body, has been in place since September 9th 2009."

This is not a true statement, the ban of the book and the video was overturned in a court of appeals and upheld by a superior court with no further avenues of appeal. Why the misinformation?

Still don't see how the McCanns have a leg to stand on given that the book ban was overturned and the publishing of the book was deemed constitute free speech. The McCanns and their deep pockets of the fund and their expensive lawyers think they can bully everyone into submission. Well their tactics aren't working on Amaral and Bennett and will surely soon backfire in a court just as they have in public opinion.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 19 Feb - 18:57

jinvta wrote:Why would the Algarve Daily News print the following:

"The ban of the book and the video, in which Gonçalo Amaral claims that Kate and Gerry McCann were involved in the disappearance of their daughter and in the concealment of her body, has been in place since September 9th 2009."

This is not a true statement, the ban of the book and the video was overturned in a court of appeals and upheld by a superior court with no further avenues of appeal. Why the misinformation?

Still don't see how the McCanns have a leg to stand on given that the book ban was overturned and the publishing of the book was deemed constitute free speech. The McCanns and their deep pockets of the fund and their expensive lawyers think they can bully everyone into submission. Well their tactics aren't working on Amaral and Bennett and will surely soon backfire in a court just as they have in public opinion.

Ther article has been amended with

The ban on the book and the documentary was lifted on 18 October 2010 by the Tribunal de Relação de Lisboa as the deemed that his book only reflects the conclusions of the investigation up until he left the force.

added.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 19 Feb - 19:46

The biggest card that GA's defence will use in court will be one provided by the McCanns themselves. And that is truly ironic.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 19 Feb - 19:56

Claudia79 wrote:The biggest card that GA's defence will use in court will be one provided by the McCanns themselves. And that is truly ironic.

I will still be surprised if this actually gets to court. I have said before it seems inconceivable that a judge in a lower court could find in their favour when two higher courts have already effectively said they haven't got a leg to stand on. Pursuing it only racks up more costs. Their case isn't helped by showing their hand and trying to find a way out last month.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 23 Feb - 16:39

I do hope that Snr Amaral reminds the judge when IT GOES TO COURT

Dear Kate was happy to say she forgive the person/s who TOOK Madeleine!
Gerry and Kate seem more then happy to spend a small fortune on taking Goncalo Amaral to court, because he wants to get to the bottom of what happened to Madeleine Beth McCann, and bring the guilty person/s to account.

Forgiveness for the perpetrator of the crime.....but nothing but grieve and punishment for anyone that's wanting to help to catch the perpetrator........

STRANGE THAT ISN'T IT
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 23 Feb - 18:52

[quote="Lillyofthevalley"]I do hope that Snr Amaral reminds the judge when IT GOES TO COURT

Dear Kate was happy to say she forgive the person/s who TOOK Madeleine!
Gerry and Kate seem more then happy to spend a small fortune on taking Goncalo Amaral to court, because he wants to get to the bottom of what happened to Madeleine Beth McCann, and bring the guilty person/s to account.

Forgiveness for the perpetrator of the crime.....but nothing but grieve and punishment for anyone that's wanting to help to catch the perpetrator........

Forgiving ONESELF can soothe the conscience and lead to peace with what ONE has done. In this particular case there has been no compassion for others determined to solve the mystery of what happened to Madeleine.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 24 Feb - 8:36

Claudia79 wrote:The biggest card that GA's defence will use in court will be one provided by the McCanns themselves. And that is truly ironic.
claudia would the mcanns have to attend court -- or can they hide away like they did with tb ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 24 Feb - 12:03

cass wrote:
claudia would the mcanns have to attend court -- or can they hide away like they did with tb ?

Honestly, I don't know, Cass.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 24 Feb - 16:40

Claudia I'm a bit slow on picking things up sometimes No settlement - Page 4 25346

Can you explain please
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 24 Feb - 16:59

Lillyofthevalley wrote:

Claudia I'm a bit slow on picking things up sometimes No settlement - Page 4 25346

Can you explain please

I meant the court decision which reinstated the sale of GA's book. I'm sure GA's defence will use that decision as a strong card. There was already a court which spoke about the contents of the book. And that decision exists because the McCanns tried to suppress freedom of speech.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 24 Feb - 19:00

Thoughtful of them to hand it all to him on a plate, isn't it? No settlement - Page 4 294124

How are they going to live that one down in the Four Ale Bar at Ye Olde Jemmied Shutter?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Mon 25 Feb - 12:31

In relation to Palmeras' assertion that this is an open and shut case for the Mccann's may i draw her attention to this section from Blacksmith relating to the libel claim.

I'd love her to hear his/her rebuttal and counter arguments to it:

Turning now to the libel case itself. The simply crazed suggestion that GA has asked for terms, and the even crazier idea that Kate McCann would take her fingernails out of GA's eyeballs unless she was dragged off by male nurses, implies that he sees no possible hope of winning the case. Dear oh dear, oh dear. No hope?

The libel writ has only been released to the two papers with most to lose from Amaral's vengeance who've been in the pockets of the parents since 2007, never to the millions of suckers who believe in the pair and contributed to the fund – the Mirror and the People. From what they have published there were three main grounds in the writ.

That Amaral's claims were false.
That, in addition, the claims had caused enormous psychological and behavioural damage to the couple which deserved financial compensation.
And that the "search for Madeleine" had been, and was continuing to be, damaged by the inference from GA's "thesis" that the child was dead.

Forget the propaganda war and forget the spin. Just going on judicial processes and Kate McCann's own words they no longer have a claim under any of these three heads.

1. Amaral's claims were false

A complete defence to Claim One is that "the defendant had good reason to believe his allegations were true and were made in good faith." The Lisbon injunction hearing in 2010 heard evidence from officers in the case that, based on their investigation, they were all of the same opinion as Amaral that the McCanns had presented "a fairy tale" of abduction. The archiving summary "on the reconstruction" detailed the evidence against the nine which still existed at the time of archiving. Clearly he had, and has, good reason.

The final appeal hearing put on judicial record that the Amaral interpretation of the case up to its archiving was of the same level of validity and good faith as the interpretation which the prosecutor had made in authorising shelving on the grounds of innocence of the arguidos. Therefore there was no evidence of "bad faith". As the Bureau pointed out last year the judgement in the Amaral v Marcos Aragão Correia libel case found for the latter on exactly those grounds.

Amaral has a 100% defence.

2. Psychological and behavioural damage to the couple.

Whatever Duarte claimed in 2009 Kate McCann's words in Madeleine, as well as the couple's actions since, demonstrate the falsity of this claim. In the final chapter of the book Kate McCann describes the various severe difficulties she and Gerry McCann have suffered since 2007. None of these are attributed to the statements or actions of Amaral or match the list of symptoms given by their lawyer in the writ. The only conclusive effect that Kate McCann claims Amaral had on her was to make her psychopathically furious with him: if everyone who makes Kate McCann insanely angry was sued for libel the justice system would grind to a halt.Either she is lying now or she was lying in the statement of claim.

In that same chapter she refers to events which demonstrate that she was undamaged by Amaral in the way she claimed. She refers to going onto the Oprah Winfrey show, in which her state can be seen in recordings, to dancing and going to social functions. Photographic evidence confirms this.

The claims have not a shred of evidence so far to support them and appear to be contradicted in detail by her book.

3. "Damaging or preventing the search."

This was always going to be near-impossible to prove given that the onus in Portugal lies on the claimant, not the defendant. In 2013 the situation for the claimants is much worse. The only "evidence" that Kate McCann has revealed publicly is either hearsay or her "belief". The matter is so subjective that there would have to be very convincing quantitative, not qualitative, evidence to make a judge even consider the claim. There is none that we know of.

Secondly the "search" to which the claimants were referring no longer exists, having been stopped in March 2012. The McCann website states that it was stopped because the Scotland Yard review is now doing the "searching". No claim that Amaral's thesis could affect the Yard search has been made by the McCanns nor, obviously, could it be made bearing in mind the statements of Redwood on behalf of the inquiry. So the claim is not just wrong but a non-sequiter.

No evidence for the claim. Written evidence to the contrary.

Does anyone seriously believe that Amaral or his lawyer would be pleading with the McCanns to drop their case given these facts? We'd love to know the evidence that anyone can produce on the net to refute the three statements we've made above. Sooner or later the parents are going to have to face the reality of the situation. The longer they pretend the more crushing the defeat.
Me
Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4