Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

+53
interested
jeanmonroe
Wintabells
maebee
tanszi
frencheuropean
Lioned
cass
wjk
dazedandconfused
fuzeta
the slave
MaryB
wantthetruth
Claudia79
jassi
Karen
LJC
Justiceforallkids
Chris
Krisy22
saloongirl
dutchclogs
Annabel
margaret
James
quickfingers
pennylane
Panda
mara thon
Keela
comperedna
T4two
Angelina
Carolina
jinvta
mumbles
weissnicht
chrissie1
devonmum
AnneGuedes
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
HiDeHo
bill516
JOHNFRANCIS
Freja53
Loopdaloop
matthew
kathybelle
chrissie
Palmeras16
SteveT
57 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  James Sun 29 Sep - 15:03

where's the medical evidence?

well they will say ( or say through their lawyer/PR person/rented expert - take your pick) that they are both DOCTORS and they know that their health suffered; they don't need another doctor to tell them what they as experts already know....!

Would anybody know are doctors allowed to prescribe for themselves or are they supposed to get their medication prescribed by another doctor? their might be very few medical records on the Mccanns general health if they have looked after themselves.
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Empty Re: Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 29 Sep - 15:06

James wrote:where's the medical evidence?

well they will say ( or say through their lawyer/PR person/rented expert - take your pick) that they are both DOCTORS and they know that their health suffered; they don't need another doctor to tell them what they as experts already know....!

Would anybody know are doctors allowed to prescribe for themselves or are they supposed to get their medication prescribed by another doctor? their might be very few medical records on the Mccanns general health if they have looked after themselves.
I believe doctors are not supposed to prescribe for themselves. I can only speak for what a friend who is a GP has told me.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 29 Sep - 15:11

I would not have thought that they could prescribe for themselves James. That could really be open to abuse. I suppose they need a GP just like everybody else.

I think that if they had medical evidence in their GP's files they would have used them.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 29 Sep - 15:13

MaryB wrote:I wonder when he decided he would apply to speak.  If it was intended from the start or a last minute decision.  But I don't expect we'll ever know.
This is from Isabel Duarte on 1st September 2013. The start of this month and yet now.........

Isabel Duarte, the McCanns' lawyer in Lisbon, said: "Kate and Gerry do not have to give evidence so they do not need to be here. I am confident of winning." She is seeking damages for Kate, Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, plus further damages for the harm caused to the search for Madeleine

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id426.html
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 29 Sep - 15:15

fuzeta wrote:

I would not have thought that they could prescribe for themselves James.  That could really be open to abuse.  I suppose they need a GP just like everybody else.  

I think that if they had medical evidence in their GP's files they would have used them.
The problem could be that if they were producing medical evidence from a GP, the court, like UK courts, might request records from before Madeleine disappeared or at least from before Amaral's book was published so that they could see if there had been a pre-existing condition.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 29 Sep - 15:15

AnnaEsse wrote:

I believe doctors are not supposed to prescribe for themselves. I can only speak for what a friend who is a GP has told me.
That's correct Anna, doctors are not supposed to prescribe for themselves.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 29 Sep - 15:18

AnnaEsse wrote:
fuzeta wrote:

I would not have thought that they could prescribe for themselves James.  That could really be open to abuse.  I suppose they need a GP just like everybody else.  

The problem could be that if they were producing medical evidence from a GP, the court, like UK courts, might request records from before Madeleine disappeared or at least from before Amaral's book was published so that they could see if there had been a pre-existing condition.
Exactly Anna. I don't believe they have any medical evidence whatsoever. It would have been used by now, I'm sure, instead of all these family and friends they have sent over.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sun 29 Sep - 15:23

Didn't they refuse to hand over madeleine's medical records and also Kate's records to the portuguese police. if there was nothing that could have harmed their story why would they have refused?

if they do get into court and produce no independent medical evidence by a qualified person I hope the judge tells them they are wasting her time.

Posters are confirming my suspicion that doctors are not meant to prescribe for themselves. however, i suspect it happens though. i recall years ago the doctor mother of a friend of my daughters saying that she prescribed for herself on occasion when it wasn't convenient to see a doctor and it was a minor thing like an antibiotic for a sore throat.
James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 29 Sep - 15:28

Maybe they could not get a doctor to testify, maybe did not want to get involved?
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sun 29 Sep - 19:28

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 1 Oct - 10:26

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2m
Gerry #McCann flying to Portugal hoping to give evidence at £1m libel trial of ex-cop who alleged he covered up daughter Madeleine's death

Also set to give evidence at Lisbon libel trial tomorrow is Kate #McCann mum Susan and Gerry's sister Trish
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 1 Oct - 12:42

OMG! Is it bad that I'm SO looking forward to this tomorrow?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Oct - 12:45

It is certainly looking as if this will be the day when the sh*t hits the fan big time.

Let's hope that protective clothing is given to everyone in court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 1 Oct - 12:47

Kate aswell?!

Nah, methinks they've already been told they won't be slotted in.... Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 192282

Cynical old me!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 1 Oct - 13:16

wjk wrote:OMG! Is it bad that I'm SO looking forward to this tomorrow?
Yes Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 294124 
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 1 Oct - 13:29

jassi wrote:
Yes  Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 294124 
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 294124 Oops, oh well!! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 272645 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 1 Oct - 13:41

I think I'm right in saying it's Goncalo Amaral's birthday tomorrow so let's hope he'll have a double reason to celebrate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 1 Oct - 14:36

wjk wrote:
jassi wrote:
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 294124 Oops, oh well!! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 272645 
Can't wait!!!!!!! Must of course be a coincidence, but every time Gezza flies to Lisbon, then the weather is horrendous, we are on Amber alert at the moment with rain and wind (and we all know Gerry is full of wind and piss!) Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 25346 
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 1 Oct - 14:40

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I think I'm right in saying it's Goncalo Amaral's birthday tomorrow so let's hope he'll have a double reason to celebrate.
I've just checked and yes, tomorrow is his birthday and it was on his birthday that he heard he had been removed from the case. Let's hope this birthday will be one of the best ever for him!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 1 Oct - 14:42

fred wrote:
wjk wrote:
jassi wrote:
Can't wait!!!!!!!  Must of course be a coincidence, but every time Gezza flies to Lisbon, then the weather is horrendous, we are on Amber alert at the moment with rain and wind (and we all know Gerry is full of wind and piss!) Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 25346 
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 23324 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 1 Oct - 14:43

AnnaEsse wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I think I'm right in saying it's Goncalo Amaral's birthday tomorrow so let's hope he'll have a double reason to celebrate.
I've just checked and yes, tomorrow is his birthday and it was on his birthday that he heard he had been removed from the case. Let's hope this birthday will be one of the best ever for him!
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 410594  for tomorrow, Snr Amaral! xx
I hope it's the best yet!!! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 83453 
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 929468 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 873702 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 929468 
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 1 Oct - 18:09

wjk wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 410594  for tomorrow, Snr Amaral! xx
I hope it's the best yet!!! Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 83453 
Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 929468 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 873702 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 929468 
yes wjk, that go's for me too Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 83453 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 83453 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 873702 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 849426 Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Icon_flower Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Icon_flower Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 Icon_flower
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 1 Oct - 20:32

happy birthday ga - true gentleman - and good luck
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 1 Oct - 20:58

almostgothic wrote:Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 2m
Gerry #McCann flying to Portugal hoping to give evidence at £1m libel trial of ex-cop who alleged he covered up daughter Madeleine's death

Also set to give evidence at Lisbon libel trial tomorrow is Kate #McCann mum Susan and Gerry's sister Trish

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541872_1423448621207852_1391421683_n.jpg
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 1 Oct - 21:03

Oh that is so funny Kitti Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 23324  Lisbon Libel Trial McCanns v Amaral - Page 35 23324 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next