Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Open letter to Crimewatch

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  fred on Tue 8 Oct - 7:01

Saw this on Twitter, wonder if they will get a reply???

http://whathappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.pt/2013/10/open-letter-re-proposed-crimewatch.html?spref=tw

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  cass on Tue 8 Oct - 9:31

it says page does not exist fred

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 8 Oct - 9:35

http://whathappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/open-letter-re-proposed-crimewatch.html?spref=tw

This is the correct address.

Let's hope that this and all the other letters from concerned people are actually read, rather than being assigned immediately to the bin.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Oct - 9:41

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://whathappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/open-letter-re-proposed-crimewatch.html?spref=tw

This is the correct address.

Let's hope that this and all the other letters from concerned people are actually read, rather than being assigned immediately to the bin.
I'm getting 'does not exist' on that address too, NBY.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  margaret on Tue 8 Oct - 9:43

Me too

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 8 Oct - 9:45

It's disappeared since I posted the link. I'll get on to the person whose blog it is.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  kitti on Tue 8 Oct - 10:06

Wonder if the person has got their 'automated' reply yet?



kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 8 Oct - 10:08

The link is now working again.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  margaret on Tue 8 Oct - 10:18

It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it? And if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  fred on Tue 8 Oct - 10:31

kitti wrote:Wonder if the person has got their 'automated' reply yet?


When I complained to the BBc about kate being on Aled Jones radio show on Mothers day, I got the generic automated one, then a few days later a dear fred one explaining why they had chosen her to be on the show...Roman catholic faith blah blah, so perhaps he might get a reply (but most probably not!)

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 8 Oct - 10:36

A friend complained about the Jeremy Vine radio show when he and his charmless guest Nina Myscow abused callers who did not believe the McCanns.

The reply was words to the effect that anyone who attacks these grieving parents deserves what they get.

So I'm not too optimistic but I haven't given up hope entirely.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Oct - 10:43

margaret wrote:It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it? áAnd if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.
Indeed.
First of all I must state that it's a very well written piece, which is why I hate to quibble over anything.
But as you say, the length ......

The Crimewatch team will be getting huge amounts of mail over this, and also on other projects they're working on. I doubt if anyone there would have the will or the concentration span to go through such a comprehensive piece. It's a crying shame, but it's the way of the modern world.
And given that the prog is to be broadcast on Monday, I doubt whether they would be in any position to change any of it, save for the 'live in the studio' elements.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  James on Tue 8 Oct - 11:00

I agree, it would be hard for the Crimewatch programme to change the reconstruction film a lot now. But they could make relevant edits and amend voiceovers - give a health warning at the beginning/end of the fil about some facts being in dispute.

the live studio interview can be completely changed providing crimewatch haven't agreed to provide the questions in advance.

however, the important thing is that the public express their concerns BEFORE the programme - this makes it more serious for the BBC if the programme is biased and complaints are made.

I urge members to write to crimewatch. i shall be doing so but will shorten the letter.


James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  margaret on Tue 8 Oct - 11:17

almostgothic wrote:
margaret wrote:It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it? áAnd if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.
Indeed.
First of all I must state that it's a very well written piece, which is why I hate to quibble over anything.
But as you say, the length ......

The Crimewatch team will be getting huge amounts of mail over this, and also on other projects they're working on. I doubt if anyone there would have the will or the concentration span to go through such a comprehensive piece. It's a crying shame, but it's the way of the modern world.
And given that the prog is to be broadcast on Monday, I doubt whether they would be in any position to change any of it, save for the 'live in the studio' elements.
However, l have noticed it's written by PeterMac from Jills site... á


Peter MacLeod
BSc LLB MA
Retired Police Superintendent
Nottinghamshire 1972 - 2000

So it really ought to carry some weight....

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  cass on Tue 8 Oct - 11:23

margaret wrote:
almostgothic wrote:
margaret wrote:It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it? áAnd if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.
Indeed.
First of all I must state that it's a very well written piece, which is why I hate to quibble over anything.
But as you say, the length ......

The Crimewatch team will be getting huge amounts of mail over this, and also on other projects they're working on. I doubt if anyone there would have the will or the concentration span to go through such a comprehensive piece. It's a crying shame, but it's the way of the modern world.
And given that the prog is to be broadcast on Monday, I doubt whether they would be in any position to change any of it, save for the 'live in the studio' elements.
However, l have noticed it's written by PeterMac from Jills site... ájust read it there thanks margaret - peter mc is a good poster


Peter MacLeod
BSc LLB MA
Retired Police Superintendent
Nottinghamshire 1972 - 2000

So it really ought to carry some weight....

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Oct - 11:27

@ margaret
Yes, and I applaud him for his writing skills, his illuminating forum posts and all the hard work he has put in re this case.

Of course, one good thing about this letter and all the others - the BBC will never be able to say that they weren't warned in advance.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  MaryB on Tue 8 Oct - 11:37

I wonder if people will call in if there are blatant inaccuracies on the reconstruction.á I remember the channel 4 one had the abductor wearing a light jacket and light trousers supposed to be the man Jane Tanner saw.á But the man Jane Tanner saw we are told was wearing a veryádark jacket and light trousers.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  cass on Tue 8 Oct - 11:41

suppose mr grimes could ring in and tell them what eddie and keela sniffed - wonder if cuddle cat will be making a crime watch debute

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  fred on Tue 8 Oct - 11:44

cass wrote:suppose mr grimes could ring in and tell them what eddie and keela sniffed - wonder if cuddle cat will be making a crime watch debute
I think Cadaver cat has served his purpose, but no doubt the good quality wristbands will be on full view!

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  cass on Tue 8 Oct - 11:51

well yes wonder if the begging bowls will be out - nah they cant have such brass necks can they áá

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  almostgothic on Tue 8 Oct - 12:14

fred wrote:
cass wrote:suppose mr grimes could ring in and tell them what eddie and keela sniffed - wonder if cuddle cat will be making a crime watch debute
I think Cadaver cat has served his purpose, but no doubt the good quality wristbands will be on full view!
If I can actually steel my (hypertensive) self to watch this programme, I will be imagining an animated Cuddle Cat (like a cartoon Pink Panther) walking up and down the bottom of the screen for the duration - and if any inaccuracies occur he will point upwards at the incident or the offending person and shake his head very slowly.
Of course, it will be down to me to do the accompanying Family Fortunes 'wrong answer' sound effect ...

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 8 Oct - 12:20

I'll be there too with my QI klaxon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gIi7b6JMms

This is whenever a predictable wrong answer is given.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  pennylane on Tue 8 Oct - 12:57

almostgothic wrote:
margaret wrote:It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it? áAnd if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.
Indeed.
First of all I must state that it's a very well written piece, which is why I hate to quibble over anything.
But as you say, the length ......

The Crimewatch team will be getting huge amounts of mail over this, and also on other projects they're working on. I doubt if anyone there would have the will or the concentration span to go through such a comprehensive piece. It's a crying shame, but it's the way of the modern world.
And given that the prog is to be broadcast on Monday, I doubt whether they would be in any position to change any of it, save for the 'live in the studio' elements.
PeterMac's letter is extremely well detailed, and that's a good thing! Now we can send a short, direct letter ourselves, in the knowledge that they have been well-informed.


The following is from the BBC Home Page:á
------------------------------------------------------------

From BBC Crimewatch's Home Page today:

Help us solve some of the UK's biggest cases. Join the team for dramatic reconstructions, CCTV footage and our wanted faces. Your call could be all it takes to put an offender behind bars.

Twitter: #Crimewatch to reveal significant new info from @metpoliceuk investigation into Madeleine McCann disappearance. Mon Oct 14th 9pm @BBCOne
14/10/2013

DURATION: 1 HOUR

In a world exclusive, Scotland Yard detectives reveal their latest findings in the search for Madeleine McCann. The then three-year-old was abducted from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in May 2007.

Crimewatch, for the first time, reconstructs what the new British investigation tells us about that night, and Kirsty Young speaks to Kate and Gerry McCann about their renewed hopes of finding their daughter.

With unprecedented access to the Metropolitan Police investigation, Crimewatch hears from the lead officers who believe the crucial new leads could help finally uncover the truth of who took Madeleine.

[ Also featuring crimes caught on camera in Martin Bayfield's CCTV round-up and a new collection of wanted faces. Plus, all the latest news on arrests and convictions on previous cases resulting from your calls. ]

r

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  dazedandconfused on Tue 8 Oct - 13:28

Why oh why, when a retired Police Superintendent can see and point out the glaring misinformation/lies that the McC's have spouted, are they still walking around free. Hope they don't know where he lives, or he might find himself having a mysterious, if not fatal, accident.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  Panda on Tue 8 Oct - 13:30

I emailed Crimewatch 3 or 4 days ago asking how they could use a different Country for the reconstruction and why they couldn't have used Panoramas and saved a lot of money....no reply á

I didn't know it was petermac ,but it is an excellent letter and since he knows what he is talking to and sent copies to all the relevant participants I do think it will carry weight. I think it should be published in one of the more respected Papers .


Last edited by Panda on Tue 8 Oct - 13:51; edited 1 time in total

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:07


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum