Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open letter to Crimewatch

+14
cass
wjk
fred
chrissie
SteveT
dazedandconfused
Krisy22
jeanmonroe
pennylane
almostgothic
MaryB
margaret
James
kitti
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Open letter to Crimewatch Empty Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  fred Tue 8 Oct - 7:01

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Open letter to Crimewatch Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Open letter to Crimewatch Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Open letter to Crimewatch Empty Re: Open letter to Crimewatch

Post  cass Tue 8 Oct - 9:31

it says page does not exist fred
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
Open letter to Crimewatch Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Open letter to Crimewatch Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 Oct - 9:35

http://whathappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/open-letter-re-proposed-crimewatch.html?spref=tw

This is the correct address.

Let's hope that this and all the other letters from concerned people are actually read, rather than being assigned immediately to the bin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 8 Oct - 9:41

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://whathappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/open-letter-re-proposed-crimewatch.html?spref=tw

This is the correct address.

Let's hope that this and all the other letters from concerned people are actually read, rather than being assigned immediately to the bin.
I'm getting 'does not exist' on that address too, NBY.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 8 Oct - 9:43

Me too
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 Oct - 9:45

It's disappeared since I posted the link. I'll get on to the person whose blog it is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 8 Oct - 10:06

Wonder if the person has got their 'automated' reply yet?

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 Oct - 10:08

The link is now working again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 8 Oct - 10:18

It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it? And if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 8 Oct - 10:31

kitti wrote:Wonder if the person has got their 'automated' reply yet?

When I complained to the BBc about kate being on Aled Jones radio show on Mothers day, I got the generic automated one, then a few days later a dear fred one explaining why they had chosen her to be on the show...Roman catholic faith blah blah, so perhaps he might get a reply (but most probably not!)
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 Oct - 10:36

A friend complained about the Jeremy Vine radio show when he and his charmless guest Nina Myscow abused callers who did not believe the McCanns.

The reply was words to the effect that anyone who attacks these grieving parents deserves what they get.

So I'm not too optimistic but I haven't given up hope entirely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 8 Oct - 10:43

margaret wrote:It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it?  And if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.
Indeed.
First of all I must state that it's a very well written piece, which is why I hate to quibble over anything.
But as you say, the length ......

The Crimewatch team will be getting huge amounts of mail over this, and also on other projects they're working on. I doubt if anyone there would have the will or the concentration span to go through such a comprehensive piece. It's a crying shame, but it's the way of the modern world.
And given that the prog is to be broadcast on Monday, I doubt whether they would be in any position to change any of it, save for the 'live in the studio' elements.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue 8 Oct - 11:00

I agree, it would be hard for the Crimewatch programme to change the reconstruction film a lot now. But they could make relevant edits and amend voiceovers - give a health warning at the beginning/end of the fil about some facts being in dispute.

the live studio interview can be completely changed providing crimewatch haven't agreed to provide the questions in advance.

however, the important thing is that the public express their concerns BEFORE the programme - this makes it more serious for the BBC if the programme is biased and complaints are made.

I urge members to write to crimewatch. i shall be doing so but will shorten the letter.

James
James
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 155
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 8 Oct - 11:17

almostgothic wrote:
margaret wrote:It's good but what always puts me off is the length of letters like this, would the presenters themselves actually read all of it?  And if they agreed with our stance have they any say in not presenting the piece, they are after all only doing their job of presenting.
Indeed.
First of all I must state that it's a very well written piece, which is why I hate to quibble over anything.

The Crimewatch team will be getting huge amounts of mail over this, and also on other projects they're working on. I doubt if anyone there would have the will or the concentration span to go through such a comprehensive piece. It's a crying shame, but it's the way of the modern world.
And given that the prog is to be broadcast on Monday, I doubt whether they would be in any position to change any of it, save for the 'live in the studio' elements.
However, l have noticed it's written by PeterMac from Jills site... Open letter to Crimewatch 307691 

Peter MacLeod
BSc LLB MA
Retired Police Superintendent
Nottinghamshire 1972 - 2000

So it really ought to carry some weight....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 8 Oct - 11:23

margaret wrote:
almostgothic wrote:
Indeed.

However, l have noticed it's written by PeterMac from Jills site... Open letter to Crimewatch 307691 just read it there thanks margaret - peter mc is a good poster

Peter MacLeod
BSc LLB MA
Retired Police Superintendent
Nottinghamshire 1972 - 2000

So it really ought to carry some weight....
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 8 Oct - 11:27

@ margaret
Yes, and I applaud him for his writing skills, his illuminating forum posts and all the hard work he has put in re this case.

Of course, one good thing about this letter and all the others - the BBC will never be able to say that they weren't warned in advance.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 8 Oct - 11:37

I wonder if people will call in if there are blatant inaccuracies on the reconstruction.  I remember the channel 4 one had the abductor wearing a light jacket and light trousers supposed to be the man Jane Tanner saw.  But the man Jane Tanner saw we are told was wearing a very dark jacket and light trousers.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 8 Oct - 11:41

suppose mr grimes could ring in and tell them what eddie and keela sniffed - wonder if cuddle cat will be making a crime watch debute
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 8 Oct - 11:44

cass wrote:suppose mr grimes could ring in and tell them what eddie and keela sniffed - wonder if cuddle cat will be making a crime watch debute
I think Cadaver cat has served his purpose, but no doubt the good quality wristbands will be on full view!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 8 Oct - 11:51

well yes wonder if the begging bowls will be out - nah they cant have such brass necks can they Open letter to Crimewatch 23324 Open letter to Crimewatch 23324 
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 8 Oct - 12:14

fred wrote:
cass wrote:suppose mr grimes could ring in and tell them what eddie and keela sniffed - wonder if cuddle cat will be making a crime watch debute
I think Cadaver cat has served his purpose, but no doubt the good quality wristbands will be on full view!
If I can actually steel my (hypertensive) self to watch this programme, I will be imagining an animated Cuddle Cat (like a cartoon Pink Panther) walking up and down the bottom of the screen for the duration - and if any inaccuracies occur he will point upwards at the incident or the offending person and shake his head very slowly.
Of course, it will be down to me to do the accompanying Family Fortunes 'wrong answer' sound effect ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 8 Oct - 12:20

I'll be there too with my QI klaxon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gIi7b6JMms

This is whenever a predictable wrong answer is given.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 8 Oct - 12:57

almostgothic wrote:
Indeed.

PeterMac's letter is extremely well detailed, and that's a good thing! Now we can send a short, direct letter ourselves, in the knowledge that they have been well-informed.

The following is from the BBC Home Page: 
------------------------------------------------------------

From BBC Crimewatch's Home Page today:

Help us solve some of the UK's biggest cases. Join the team for dramatic reconstructions, CCTV footage and our wanted faces. Your call could be all it takes to put an offender behind bars.

Twitter: #Crimewatch to reveal significant new info from @metpoliceuk investigation into Madeleine McCann disappearance. Mon Oct 14th 9pm @BBCOne
14/10/2013

DURATION: 1 HOUR

In a world exclusive, Scotland Yard detectives reveal their latest findings in the search for Madeleine McCann. The then three-year-old was abducted from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal in May 2007.

Crimewatch, for the first time, reconstructs what the new British investigation tells us about that night, and Kirsty Young speaks to Kate and Gerry McCann about their renewed hopes of finding their daughter.

With unprecedented access to the Metropolitan Police investigation, Crimewatch hears from the lead officers who believe the crucial new leads could help finally uncover the truth of who took Madeleine.

[ Also featuring crimes caught on camera in Martin Bayfield's CCTV round-up and a new collection of wanted faces. Plus, all the latest news on arrests and convictions on previous cases resulting from your calls. ]

r
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 8 Oct - 13:28

Why oh why, when a retired Police Superintendent can see and point out the glaring misinformation/lies that the McC's have spouted, are they still walking around free. Hope they don't know where he lives, or he might find himself having a mysterious, if not fatal, accident.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 8 Oct - 13:30

I emailed Crimewatch 3 or 4 days ago asking how they could use a different Country for the reconstruction and why they couldn't have used Panoramas and saved a lot of money....no reply Open letter to Crimewatch 294124 

I didn't know it was petermac ,but it is an excellent letter and since he knows what he is talking to and sent copies to all the relevant participants I do think it will carry weight. I think it should be published in one of the more respected Papers .

Last edited by Panda on Tue 8 Oct - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next