Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns link to Government

+2
tigger
Karen
6 posters

Go down

McCanns link to Government Empty McCanns link to Government

Post  Karen Wed 16 Oct - 20:08

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/10/mccanns-links-to-government-as-origin.html

Here is the article - I am struggling to copy paste the pics

McCanns links to government as the origin for the heightened media coverage of the case

16 October 2013 | Posted by Joana Morais  Leave a Comment  

Video

CMTV, October 14, 2013

Transcript

News Anchor Andreia Vale - The connections of the McCann family to the British government have always been viewed as one of the reasons for the heightened media coverage given to the case. Maddie's father worked for the government and would have aspirations of integrating the executive.

Voice over - From the news of the alleged abduction until the English police landed in Portugal was a matter of few hours. The proximity of the girl's father with the English government made it easier to give priority to the case and mobilize the necessary means. Gerry McCann worked in a committee* for the Government which analysed the impact of Nuclear plants in the environment, at a time when Tony Blair was the prime minister. As a doctor, a cardiologist by profession, the "McCann father" wished to go further and everything suggested that he aspired to have a political office in the government, namely as health minister. The way in which he asked for help when Maddie disappeared also indicates the proximity with the British government. Gerry McCann would have called one of Tony Blair's aides, at the time an university professor. It is this man who takes the first steps in order to help the McCann family. Another name that appears is Clarence Mitchell, he came to Portugal to advise the McCann couple and to liaise with the media. In his CV was his role as the director of a department that monitored the press and all the news for the British government. He was also the head of the Comms Cabinet Office of Gordon Brown. Connections that succeed in sending to the Algarve dogs, experts, police, and various resources from the United Kingdom.

ongoing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clip from Anatomy of a Mystery, broadcast by RTP in November 2007

Formers British Ambassador John Buck and Algarve Consul Bill Henderson media conference May 4 2007, Sky News
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
McCanns link to Government Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns link to Government Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

McCanns link to Government Empty Re: McCanns link to Government

Post  tigger Thu 17 Oct - 6:43

Such an early assessment! I had Gordon Brown in mind all the time despite his obvious reluctance. (He never met them, had no photo opportunities with them to please voters and phoned Gerry back on demand. Would not sit well with him imo) lately it's looked more as if he'd inherited the duty to protect the McCanns from Blair and that makes a lot more sense. Blair with his ambition to be President of Europe, EU trying to get the DNA database off the ground, Gerry with ambitions to become the European representative for Amber Alert - it was all playing out before our eyes.

Blair the closet catholic - nothing against catholic faith here just sleazy Blair.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
McCanns link to Government Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns link to Government Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 18 Oct - 9:55

I think it is very obvious the McCanns had Government help .....but just how far would any Prime Minister stick his neck out to help the McCanns ?????

This is far deeper than that, look how Ministers are allowed to go to the Wall if they are accused of anything and Gerry wasn't a Minister.!!! The first indication came when John Buck advised the Foreign Office not to get involved because the McCanns timelines were suspect, he was ignored and moved elsewhare not long after. Maybe it is reasonable to suppose Gerry was "useful" to the Labour Party so everything was done to protect him, but what reason did Cameron have to not only allow a review, but an investigation ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Fri 18 Oct - 10:18

morning panda - imo the sun ran the story for a full week - we had kate mcann saying she wanted help - on and onthis it went - but last straw imo was when dc son got brought into it - then it was decided enough was enough give them what they want - also joe public knows now that there is no need to send money to the mcanns - fund stopped - and i dont think starting this our goverment believed how much it would cost - this is the end imo - if we are lead to believe that uk and portugal are workng together on this - i dont believe anyone will go to trial unless a confession - but i think uk will agree with portugal to not just shelve the case but close it and say everything was done and we were up against it as was portugal
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 18 Oct - 10:22

Panda wrote:
I think it is very obvious the McCanns had Government help .....but just how far would any Prime Minister stick his neck out to help the McCanns ?????

This is far deeper than that, look how Ministers are allowed to go to the Wall if they are accused of anything and Gerry wasn't a Minister.!!! The first indication came when John Buck advised the Foreign Office not to get involved because the McCanns timelines were suspect, he was ignored and moved elsewhare not long after. Maybe it is reasonable to suppose Gerry was "useful" to the Labour Party so everything was done to protect him, but what reason did Cameron have to not only allow a review, but an investigation ?

Mornin' Panda McCanns link to Government Icon_flower 

I believe Cameron's acceptance of the McCann's demands for a review, was pushed by others from within the Home Office, with the ulterior motive of going into a full investigation to exonerate the fragrant pair.  I do not believe the open letter from the McCanns to Cameron played any part whatsoever in the (imo) corrupt Operation Grange review.  It was merely a means to an end.

If we've learned anything over these years, it's not to believe anything we see or hear regarding the Gruesome Twosome and the British Establishment.   Just saying............
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 18 Oct - 10:22

Panda wrote:

Mornin' Panda McCanns link to Government Icon_flower 

I believe Cameron's acceptance of the McCann's demands for a review, was pushed by others from within the Home Office, with the ulterior motive of going into a full investigation to exonerate the fragrant pair.  I do not believe the open letter from the McCanns to Cameron played any part whatsoever in the (imo) corrupt Operation Grange review.  It was merely a means to an end.

If we've learned anything over these years, it's not to believe anything we see or hear regarding the Gruesome Twosome and the British Establishment.   Just saying............
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 18 Oct - 10:38

I think that DC had already decided on a review long before the "open letter". But of course the McCanns had to make it look like it was their own idea, to preserve their own image of being in control. If they had really wanted a proper review, why write an "open" letter, why not a confidential one? As usual, they were playing to an audience, who largely fell for it. I can imagine that DC is far from enamoured or impressed, both by their dragging his own little son into it, or their running to the press, bleating aboiut how hard done by they were.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 18 Oct - 10:50

Iris wrote:I think that DC had already decided on a review long before the "open letter".  But of course the McCanns had to make it look like it was their own idea, to preserve their own image of being in control.  If they had really wanted a proper review, why write an "open" letter, why not a confidential one?  As usual, they were playing to an audience, who largely fell for it.  I can imagine that DC is far from enamoured or impressed, both by their dragging his own little son into it, or their running to the press, bleating aboiut how hard done by they were.
Yes, even when the pair had their highly touted meeting with Theresa May 'to request a review,' it was all in the works.

The gruesome twosome were doing what they do best...... creating a facade!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Fri 18 Oct - 10:55

At least now the fund is defiantly at an end. No one will give a penny now they know how much has and is being spent on the case upto date. Plus 2 Countries police forces No more begging bowls and " no one is looking " .
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 18 Oct - 16:34

I was with a couple of Friends lunchtime and one remarked on what facebook was like after the Crimewatch programme. Apparently all of the responses castigated Kate for leaving the children alone after Madeleine told her the night before she had been crying.......the Public will have lost all respect for the McCanns , they must be seething , no wonder they looked so miserable .

I think Cameron's friendship with Rebekah Brooks clinched the Investigation , Teresa May only wanted a scope and RB dreamt up that tasteless appeal
which would have made him look heartless had he refused. Now we come to the $64,000 question, who decided there was enough evidence in the Review to warrant a full investigation??? Is my opinion of Redwood that he is an idiot unfounded? Does he know something we dont and ignoring the timelines is the first step to drawing the McCanns into his Web??
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down