Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Film?

+9
jinvta
interested
widowan
malena stool
kitti
pennylane
weissnicht
frencheuropean
almostgothic
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Film? Empty Film?

Post  fred Tue 21 Jan - 16:40

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Film? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Film? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Film? Empty Re: Film?

Post  Guest Tue 21 Jan - 18:10

A FOI request has just been sent. I want to know whether that pair of twisters are getting paid from my licence fee.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 21 Jan - 18:16

oh I didn't read it properly first time round.  So the BBC?HBO are making a film series on the disappearance of Maddie and he is playing I think Goncalo Amaral.  think they had better be careful here!

Last edited by tanszi on Tue 21 Jan - 20:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amend spelling)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 21 Jan - 18:19

tanszi wrote:oh I didn't read it properly first time round.  So the BBC?HBO are making a film serious on the disappearance of Maddie and he is playing I think Goncalo Amaral.  think they had better be careful here!

interesting that the filming starts in February after the judgement of the libel trial. They probably have two script endings.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 21 Jan - 18:47

I think the Trial could be delayed again. I thought it was delayed until the 7th February?

The Guy is Moroccan, if he was involved with American Hustle , he must be very good.

First comment "I hope the McCanns are not getting paid for this" I expect there will be several more like that . . That's all they think about is making money, not to search for Madeleine but to keep for themselves. They know the donations have dried up as has interest, what a miserable greedy couple. .!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 21 Jan - 18:48

It says the series is going to be based on the Madeleine story, and it may well be very loosely based indeed.
Production companies sometimes take an idea and by the time they've changed it around, it's barely recognisable.
Are the McCanns involved? I guess we'll know if they react to this (so far) one and only mention of it, and if so how they react. If they haven't been made 'consultants', I can't see them letting a controversial interpretation go to air without Carter Ruck threatening all sorts of mayhem - but I wonder if  foreign money (and foreign collaboration) would muddy those waters.
With the glossy production values that HBO money will allow, it'll no doubt take a heck of a long time to film a TV series such as this (and with post-production work you can probably double that time).  But even if they got it done fairly smartish, where's their denouement? They can't just leave it as a Sherlock-style cliffhanger, not this one ...
We do need more information, and time will tell how closely they stick to the plot, but as Iris points out, they may have a waiting agenda with different endings up their sleeves and the libel trial may indeed play a part.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 21 Jan - 20:35

"It's very mysterious; all is not as it seems." Hmmmmmm!
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 21 Jan - 20:40

I feel SURE that any movie that is based on or uses the MM brand will need to be vetted, spun and controlled by Team McCann! After all Clarrie had said long ago that it would be "fun" to think of who would play the various people, etc if they did a movie.

Yes, imagine the glee of getting to pick the little actress who will be your missing child and the pedophile who abducts her - what is wrong with these people.

I hope Amaral has his lawyer's eye on this as I doubt anything form the BBC would be inclined to be fair to him. And I am sure the McCanns will want to use this to generate Funds for the Search - since 3 yaers and £10M later they are still claiming on their website that no one is searching for her but them.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 21 Jan - 20:50

Looks like they got the right man for the job, he's already been in four episodes of "Lost"  Film? 294124

err... and all 8 episodes of "Secrets" Film? 29204

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032842/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_18
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Tue 21 Jan - 21:23

And who will play Tannerman and Fatherman?

Apparently, the McCanns are not convinced it's the same man. Here the text recently added ( merci to TMCF for the link):

http://www.findmadeleine.com/campaigns/unidentified_people.html

Contact Us

Have you seen these men? Do you know who they might be?

These two pictures show a man carrying a child away from the family's apartment. This sighting was seen by a witness at 21:15 on the evening of Thursday, May 3rd, 2007.

Based or more recent information, the Metropolitan Police now believe this man may represent a guest at the Ocean Club who was carrying his daughter back to their apartment. However as it is not possible to be certain that these two men are actually the same person, if you have seen this man in the pictures or suspect who it may be, please contact the Metropolitan Police's OPERATION GRANGE on 0207 321 9251 (0044 207 321 9251 from outside the UK) or Operation.Grange@met.pnn.police."

Not nice for Redwood! But they have probably good reasons to suspect it's not the same man, especially if Tannerman never existed!

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 21 Jan - 21:42

frencheuropean wrote:And who will play Tannerman and Fatherman?

Apparently, the McCanns are not convinced it's the same man. Here the text recently added ( merci to TMCF for the link):

http://www.findmadeleine.com/campaigns/unidentified_people.html

Contact Us

Have you seen these men? Do you know who they might be?

These two pictures show a man carrying a child away from the family's apartment. This sighting was seen by a witness at 21:15 on the evening of Thursday, May 3rd, 2007.

Based or more recent information, the Metropolitan Police now believe this man may represent a guest at the Ocean Club who was carrying his daughter back to their apartment. However as it is not possible to be certain that these two men are actually the same person, if you have seen this man in the pictures or suspect who it may be, please contact the Metropolitan Police's OPERATION GRANGE on 0207 321 9251 (0044 207 321 9251 from outside the UK) or Operation.Grange@met.pnn.police."

Not nice for Redwood! But they have probably good reasons to suspect it's not the same man, especially if Tannerman never existed!

Very true, Frenchie. I don't believe Tannerman/Bundleman ever did exist. It must have been one hell of a surprise for dear Jane when NSY managed to "produce" him. Now the McCanns are trying to separate out Tannerman and Crécheman, and they've still not removed him from the website. In fact they are actually trying to justify his still being there! That tells me that they do not, under any circumstances, want anyone looking elsewhere. At Smithman, for example.

It remains to be seen, however, what the Tortoise will make of the McCanns actively interfering with an ongoing NSY investigation. Especially as the webmaster was told to leave the site intact, not go adding extra bits to it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 2:36

What with the Met being so unhelpful, ruling out the guy who offers Gerry's alibi- and the only evidence of an abduction - it's good to see McCanns informing people that they can't be sure that SY detectives are right -  and folks should still keep looking for Tannerman! With a face that no one actually saw... spotty awful man.

This is what you get when you bend over for the suspects - they are going to disrespect you, SY,  just as they did the PJ. Contact US -because you can't trust these fool detectives! Still have CONTACT US doing to their OWN "investigation" -

Welcome to McKarma, Redwood...

Even worse than the treatment of the PJ - which at least cannot be accused of being their lackeys.

Wonder what the guys and gals of SY are saying about this. I would be LIVID.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 3:29

I think this knocks on the head the idea that SY is running everything they do past the McCanns - or if they are, TM did not realize at first how detrimental to their case, was the presence of Tannerman being ruled out as a possible kidnapper.

I would have thought that SY would tell McCanns not to be interfering and continuing an investigation but they never took off their statement that NO ONE has been searching apart from them - and now they are saying that people should call them and tell them if they want the information to be shared, it's like they are giving the finger to SY and telling people to keep coming to themselves with information as SY can't be trusted to stay on message.

The arrogance of these people is astounding. They have gotten away with this for so long they don't seem to have any fear or any respect for the Met.

- I wonder if SY shared with TM who this guy was and where he was seen. Perhaps he wasn't walking away from 5A at 915 - if they told K&G who he was they will have their own "investigating team" check out his story. I am guessing that SY would not divulge this and that has pissed off McCanns.

things are about to get heavy, I suspect
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 4:48

I checked mcannfiles and the Trial is scheduled to commence on 7th February.....will the McCanns comment ? will the U.K. Press ? Unusual for them not to have reported this .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 22 Jan - 5:46

widowan wrote:I feel SURE that any movie that is based on or uses the MM brand will need to be vetted, spun and controlled by Team McCann! After all Clarrie had said long ago that it would be "fun" to think of who would play the various people, etc if they did a movie.

Yes, imagine the glee of getting to pick the little actress who will be your missing child and the pedophile who abducts her - what is wrong with these people.

I hope Amaral has his lawyer's eye on this as I doubt anything form the BBC would be inclined to be fair to him. And I am sure the McCanns will want to use this to generate Funds for the Search - since 3 yaers and £10M later they are still claiming on their website that no one is searching for her but them.
Of course, it's BBC after all. They are doing as mcs tell them.
We have seen it in the past, and nothing will change in the future.
Poor UK. You will be fed mc propaganda for ever. Year after year. You will never be free of them.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 5:57

weissnicht wrote:
widowan wrote:I feel SURE that any movie that is based on or uses the MM brand will need to be vetted, spun and controlled by Team McCann! After all Clarrie had said long ago that it would be "fun" to think of who would play the various people, etc if they did a movie.

Poor UK. You will be fed mc propaganda for ever. Year after year. You will never be free of them.

Everything is riding on the Trial result. If Amaral wins, the McCanns won't be so confident and will have to pay a lot of money in Court Fees and damages to Amaral . If the McCanns win I don't think I can take any more . Film? 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 22 Jan - 8:47

Panda wrote:
weissnicht wrote:

Everything is riding on the Trial result. If Amaral wins, the McCanns won't be so confident and will have to pay a lot of money in Court Fees and damages to Amaral . If the McCanns win I don't think I can take any more . Film? 294124 

Sadly I believe weissi is absolutely right, and in the not too distant future, Lord and Lady McCann will (with much ado) be given the royal seal of approval by the Queen of England.  There will be no stopping the giddy heights the two child neglecters will aspire to then.  Film? Mega_shok
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 10:36

Morning pennylane,the BBC are looking for ratings so are quite happy to get involved in this "series", but they may have jumped the Gun.Crimestoppers wasn't a success and if the McCanns lose the case their credibility will be questioned.
Obviously the McCanns have known about this for a while, it really is incredible how they manage to persuade people in high places to help them all the time.

I wouldn't mind betting they approached the BBC regarding this , remembering that Ben Affleck had just made A FILM ABOUT A MISSING CHILD WHEN MADELEINE WENT MISSING. He postponed release out of sympathy for the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 22 Jan - 12:10

Now let me see....BBC...Mccanns = Bungling Cop.

How can you portray a person when don't know them.

Poor poor suffering mccanns...bungling pj plod....

I can see it all now.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Jan - 14:33

So why have the McCanns not been trumpeting this all over their website and facebook page then? Why so secretive about it all?

I have since had an acknowledgement from the BBC that they have received my FOI request and will be replying within 20 days. I asked whether they had paid, or had plans to pay, the McCanns, Emma Loach or Jon Corner or any companies of which they are directors. It will be interesting to see the response.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Jan - 14:38

Panda wrote:

Morning pennylane,the BBC are looking for ratings so are quite happy to get involved in this "series", but they may have jumped the Gun.Crimestoppers wasn't a success and if the McCanns lose the case their credibility will be questioned.
Obviously the McCanns have known about this for a while, it really is incredible how they manage to persuade people in high places to help them all the time.

I wouldn't mind betting they approached the BBC regarding this , remembering that Ben Affleck had just made A FILM ABOUT A MISSING CHILD WHEN MADELEINE WENT MISSING. He postponed release out of sympathy for the McCanns.

That's right, and the only similarity was that the child actress' real name was Madeleine. (The character she played was called Amanda IIRC). The child was "abducted" when her mother left her alone to go to a bar. She makes a heart felt TV plea clutching the child's dolly. Then she tried to blame it on a paedophile abductor. Erm.... hang on a wee minute...  Film? 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 17:07

I have been out all day and playing catch-up. Can someone explain why it is thought that the McCanns are not too happy with Redwood??? I can't see it myself because the McCanns know they have to rely on Redwood to keep them informed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 17:10

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:

That's right, and the only similarity was that the child actress' real name was Madeleine.  (The character she played was called Amanda IIRC).  The child was "abducted" when her mother left her alone to go to a bar.  She makes a heart felt TV plea clutching the child's dolly.  Then she tried to blame it on a paedophile abductor.  Erm.... hang on a wee minute...  Film? 23324   

If memory serves me right the child was found and brought up by a couple, I think Morgan Freeman was the "Dad"
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Jan - 17:18

Panda wrote:I have been out all day and playing catch-up. Can someone explain why it is thought that the McCanns are not too happy with Redwood??? I can't see it myself because the McCanns know they have to rely on Redwood to keep them informed.

In short, Redwood discounted Tannerman. The Macs have since updated their website saying that they think it still is Tannerman. The Tortoise has yet to respond to this latest development.  Film? 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 17:47

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:I have been out all day and playing catch-up. Can someone explain why it is thought that the McCanns are not too happy with Redwood??? I can't see it myself because the McCanns know they have to rely on Redwood to keep them informed.

In short, Redwood discounted Tannerman.  The Macs have since updated their website saying that they think it still is Tannerman.  The Tortoise has yet to respond to this latest development.   Film? 23324 

Thanks Iris, the reason the McCanns are not happy about Tanners' "sighting" is because it shows that no one checked on Madeleine for an hour between 9 and 10 pm , not good for their image is it.

Out of topic , but an example. SY have been reviewing and investigating this case for about 3 years and come up with nothing. Operation Grange, another SY unit, have been investigating the Childrens Homes in North Wales only a few months and are charging somebody, both have worked from information provided from previous investigations.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content