Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Film?

+9
jinvta
interested
widowan
malena stool
kitti
pennylane
weissnicht
frencheuropean
almostgothic
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Film? - Page 2 Empty Re: Film?

Post  malena stool Wed 22 Jan - 21:16

I wonder which scene of the film the burglars will make their appearance in and what are the odds they'll all be dressed in black and white striped shirts with a 'swag bag' and mask....

Will the 'Star' playing Deadwood wear a jesters hat or be true to life and appear in a keystone cops uniform?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Film? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Film? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 21:57

Hi malena, this is a comment from the Actor who portrays Amaral:

“I play the policeman who investigates,” he revealed. “It’s very mysterious; all is not as it seems.”

Do we know who HBO is ? The BBC will want a strict review of the series to ensure there is nothing libellous. I wonder who the scriptwriter is? Surely they wouldn,t use Kate's Book???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 22:21

SY dismissing Jane's sighting as the abductor does not prove no one checked from 9 to 10, on the face of it.

Opening the timeline to 9-10 PM would seem to do that, (which would also piss them off!) but what Redwood said was that the person Jane SAW was a tourist taking his own child home.

Therefore, SY corroborates Jane's sighting - but what it also does is remove this guy as an abductor - which was Gerry's alibi, and the sole "evidence" that an abduction occurred at all.

It also makes them (G&K) look very foolish in highlighting that person for 6 years, and wasting everyone's TIME looking for someone who was an innocent bystander.

Obviously they don't want this to be the case - so they are saying that they can't be certain that this person is, as SY uncovered, a mere tourist - or rather than the person SY ruled out is the same one they saw - and to KEEP Looking for him.

What tells me that they are irritated is that they put this dismissal of SY's investigation on their website - and then also told people to contact THEMSELVES and not SY with any leads. They think they are in charge of the investigation and refer to their investigative team - the phone and email etc is all of the No Stone Unturned contact info - not tip line for SY.

They clearly state that if people want them to pass the info on to anyone else, they should say so. So they seem to be calling SY out saying, we will continue with our own investigation and we don't believe you.

Clearly it's taken them since October to come up with a strategy to deal with the puncturing of Tannerman as the abductor, and this is the result of that and it doesn't bode well for the SY/McCann relationship.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Wed 22 Jan - 22:23

Panda wrote:Hi malena, this is a comment from the Actor who portrays Amaral:

“I play the policeman who investigates,” he revealed. “It’s very mysterious; all is not as it seems.”

Do we know who HBO is ?   The BBC will want a strict review of the series to ensure there is nothing libellous. I wonder who the scriptwriter is? Surely they wouldn,t use Kate's Book???
This is all I'm aware of, Panda.

HBO (Home Box Office) is an American premium cable and satellite television network that is owned by Home Box Office Inc., an operating subsidiary of Time Warner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HBO

I wouldn't have thought they'd use such garbage as the bewk, unless they rewrote it from the ground up. Not forgetting they'd have to cut out certain rather graphic pieces of, 'Too much information' regarding anatomical descriptions..
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 22:28

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:Hi malena, this is a comment from the Actor who portrays Amaral:

Do we know who HBO is ?   The BBC will want a strict review of the series to ensure there is nothing libellous. I wonder who the scriptwriter is? Surely they wouldn,t use Kate's Book???
This is all I'm aware of, Panda.

HBO (Home Box Office) is an American premium cable and satellite television network that is owned by Home Box Office Inc., an operating subsidiary of Time Warner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HBO

I wouldn't have thought they'd use such garbage as the bewk, unless they rewrote it from the ground up. Not forgetting they'd have to cut out certain rather graphic pieces of, 'Too much information' regarding anatomical descriptions..

HBO is like Showtime, a premium cable channel - if you get the $50 a month cable which gives you 800 channels + it doesn't give you HBO or Showtime, you have to pay extra for those - I don't, there's enough on regular network and all the basic cable, without that and now with Netflix being so easy to stream videos there is little need for HBO, which used to and probably still does, play regular movies on it that they repeat - but they also have made for HBO specials.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 22:42

widowan wrote:SY dismissing Jane's sighting as the abductor does not prove no one checked from 9 to 10, on the face of it.

Opening the timeline to 9-10 PM would seem to do that, (which would also piss them off!) but what Redwood said was that the person Jane SAW was a tourist taking his own child home.

Therefore, SY corroborates Jane's sighting - but what it also does is remove this guy as an abductor - which was Gerry's alibi, and the sole "evidence" that an abduction occurred at all.

It also makes them (G&K) look very foolish in highlighting that person for 6 years, and wasting everyone's TIME looking for someone who was an innocent bystander.

Obviously they don't want this to be the case - so they are saying that they can't be certain that this person is, as SY uncovered, a mere tourist - or rather than the person SY ruled out is the same one they saw - and to KEEP Looking for him.

What tells me that they are irritated is that they put this dismissal of SY's investigation on their website -  and then also told people to contact THEMSELVES and not SY with any leads. They think they are in charge of the investigation and refer to their investigative team - the phone and email etc is all of the No Stone Unturned contact info - not tip line for SY.

They clearly state that if people want them to pass the info on to anyone else, they should say so. So they seem to be calling SY out saying, we will continue with our own investigation and we don't believe you.

Clearly it's taken them since October to come up with a strategy to deal with the puncturing of Tannerman as the abductor, and this is the result of that and it doesn't bode well for the SY/McCann relationship.

widowan, it is all a big mess and some blame must ly with the PJ for not insisting on a recon. They were dealing with daily hordes of Photoigraphers, a daily bulletin by the McCanns, Tapas 0 statements that don't add up, Parents of the missing child deliberately employing their own Detectives, a supposed missing child who is not Portugese , the cost to the Portugese over E 1 million , IMO the Portugese should have been firm and banned Foreign Reporters on the grounds that they were hampering the search.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 22 Jan - 22:58

Well, but supposedly there was interference from on high.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Wed 22 Jan - 23:00

Panda wrote:
Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning pennylane,the BBC are looking for ratings so are quite happy to get involved in this "series", but they may have jumped the Gun.Crimestoppers wasn't a success and if the McCanns lose the case their credibility will be questioned.
Obviously the McCanns have known about this for a while, it really is incredible how they manage to persuade people in high places to help them all the time.

I wouldn't mind betting they approached the BBC regarding this , remembering that Ben Affleck had just made A FILM ABOUT A MISSING CHILD WHEN MADELEINE WENT MISSING. He postponed release out of sympathy for the McCanns.

That's right, and the only similarity was that the child actress' real name was Madeleine.  (The character she played was called Amanda IIRC).  The child was "abducted" when her mother left her alone to go to a bar.  She makes a heart felt TV plea clutching the child's dolly.  Then she tried to blame it on a paedophile abductor.  Erm.... hang on a wee minute...  Film? - Page 2 23324   

If memory serves me right the child was found and brought up by a couple, I think Morgan Freeman was the "Dad"

I am not sure that I have the details of the movie correct either, but from what I remember the movie was called "Gone, Baby Gone" and starred Morgan Freeman as a cop who "abducted" the child himself because she was being habitually neglected (sound familiar?). Social Services wasn't doing anything about it and family members feared for the child's life, so they organized the fake "abduction."

They also staged a fake return of the child by the "abductor" in which the child was thought (by the mother) to have died, but was in fact whisked away by Morgan Freeman to be looked after by relatives.

It is a good movie, I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 22 Jan - 23:12

Youv'e got it in one jinvta, I saw it and remember Morgan Freeman (very good Actor ) , I wonder if the McCanns saw it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 24 Jan - 0:30

The Express is reporting: "Shannon Matthews kidnapping is to be made into TV drama by Bafta award winning team".

"The kidnapping of Shannon Matthews - which was planned by her mother in a plot to make thousands of pounds - will be made into a TV drama by a Bafta award winning team." (ITV Studios)
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Fri 24 Jan - 5:41

interested wrote:The Express is reporting: "Shannon Matthews kidnapping is to be made into TV drama by Bafta award winning team".

"The kidnapping of Shannon Matthews - which was planned by her mother in a plot to make thousands of pounds - will be made into a TV drama by a Bafta award winning team." (ITV Studios)

Hopefully the movie will have a revelation about where Shannon's mother got her idea from! One can only guess!
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 24 Jan - 7:21

jinvta wrote:
interested wrote:The Express is reporting: "Shannon Matthews kidnapping is to be made into TV drama by Bafta award winning team".

"The kidnapping of Shannon Matthews - which was planned by her mother in a plot to make thousands of pounds - will be made into a TV drama by a Bafta award winning team."  (ITV Studios)

Hopefully the movie will have a revelation about where Shannon's mother got her idea from! One can only guess!

It was said at the time that Shannon's Mother got the idea of setting up a Fund from the McCanns. Also, when April Jones went missing the Council agreed to start a Fund with April's Parents being Beneficiaries. I did write to the Council pointing out that Madeliene's Fund which totalled millions of pounds from a generous public has been used more for the Parents than the search. To their credit the Council made themselves administrators and took out the Parents names.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 24 Jan - 8:39

"The kidnapping of Shannon Matthews - which was planned by her mother in a plot to make thousands of pounds - will be made into a TV drama by a Bafta award winning team."  (ITV Studios)

The media seem to glamourise these criminals and make them into celebrities
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Fri 24 Jan - 12:21

fred wrote:

The media seem to glamourise these criminals and make them into celebrities

Indeed Fred and to my mind it´s all so wrong. Why should anyone, including film companies, make money out of these criminal acts?
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Feb - 17:19

BBC Drama have just replied to me. They have stated quite clearly, and I quote, "there are no dramas currently in production based on the Madeline (sic) McCann case." Signed by one Ethan Kennedy, Editorial Standards Manager. So there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 19 Feb - 17:26

Wasn't there some suggestion that the McCanns were going to allow a Film to be made about Madeleine's disappearance? I think Clarence mentioned this a long time ago..
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 19 Feb - 18:32

maybe so but not with BBC Drama.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 19 Feb - 19:26

Panda wrote:Wasn't there some suggestion that the McCanns were going to allow a Film to be made about Madeleine's disappearance? I think Clarence mentioned this a long time ago..

Yes, Clarrie was interviewed on the radio by John Gaunt, he did his usual prick talk!! The Mccanns have been approached by one film company, blah blah. I'll ty and find it Panda.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 19 Feb - 21:45

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:Wasn't there some suggestion that the McCanns were going to allow a Film to be made about Madeleine's disappearance? I think Clarence mentioned this a long time ago..

Yes, Clarrie was interviewed on the radio by John Gaunt, he did his usual prick talk!!  The Mccanns have been approached by one film company, blah blah.  I'll ty and find it Panda.

Thanks fred......it may have been about the time that Ben Affleck held back the distribution of his film 'Gone Baby Gone'out of consideration for Madeleine. Have you noticed he has been quiet of late, could it be he is a rat deserting the sinking ship?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content