Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

+40
fred
DavidA
jassi
Wintabells
LJC
cass
almostgothic
Karen
frencheuropean
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
Roasted Arizona
kathybelle
mossman
quickfingers
Panda
wjk
chrissie
Angelina
Chris
MaryB
Keela
duncanmac
tanszi
weissnicht
mara thon
wantthetruth
princess_leia
Ireland
pennylane
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
chrissie1
dazedandconfused
Freja53
dutchclogs
Christine
Lioned
T4two
Carolina
44 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Empty Re: Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

Post  Christine Tue 3 Jun - 18:06

I think this is the monument Kate was talking about. It doesn't look like it's the area they are searching now.

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Praia_14
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 3 Jun - 18:13

Christine wrote:I think this is the monument Kate was talking about. It doesn't look like it's the area they are searching now.

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Praia_14

I agree. On Pamalam's site the 'jogging hill' seems to have an obelisk at the top and from what I've read, that's on the Eastern side, whereas the area being searched today is on the western side.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 3 Jun - 18:18

mossman wrote:As I sit watching Sky and checking in here, I have to ask how on earth can her parents not be there ?

mossman wrote:  I find the whole reporting thing upsetting in a way.  I cannot understand them being so far away.  I'm sure people will say they can do nothing by being there but on the other hand it would surely be the lesser of two evils to be close by ?

Are we sure they are not in Portugal ?  It would be just terrible if they did find her and they were not close by.  

Perhaps they don't have  a television in the lavatory
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Tue 3 Jun - 18:19

mossman wrote:

Regardless of who or what the McCanns are, they should be there for Madeleine, they should put her first for once.

Why change the habit of a lifetime, hey?.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 3 Jun - 18:28

Pat Brown has tweeted: "Just keeping it real. 'How Madeleine Died During a Burglary' Today's blog post at The Daily Profiler. #McCann" patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com

Well worth a read at this particular time, in my opinion.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 3 Jun - 18:36

mossman wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
mossman wrote:

Are we sure they are not in Portugal ?  It would be just terrible if they did find her and they were not close by.  

I still can't get my head round the fact that some people, still make excuses for the vile McCanns.

Kathybelle, is that me you mean ?  I'm making no excuses for her parents.  I would not put into print what I think about them.

However Madeleine was a three year old child and they were all she knew, loved and trusted.  Her parents would have been her world.  If she is found in scrubland in PDL, my heart breaks to think there is nobody there for her, she will again be tended to by strangers.

Regardless of who or what the McCanns are, they should be there for Madeleine, they should put her first for once.

Hi Mossman

Sorry if you thought my post was a hint that you were a McCann supporter.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Icon_flower 

I was referring to a lady who was speaking on the news last night, she was saying how sorry she felt for the McCanns and as is usual for a McCann supporter, she never mentioned poor Madeleine.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 18:40

kathybelle wrote:
mossman wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
mossman wrote:

I still can't get my head round the fact that some people, still make excuses for the vile McCanns.

Kathybelle, is that me you mean ?  I'm making no excuses for her parents.  I would not put into print what I think about them.

However Madeleine was a three year old child and they were all she knew, loved and trusted.  Her parents would have been her world.  If she is found in scrubland in PDL, my heart breaks to think there is nobody there for her, she will again be tended to by strangers.

Hi Mossman

Sorry if you thought my post was a hint that you were a McCann supporter.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Icon_flower 

I was referring to a lady who was speaking on the news last night, she was saying how sorry she felt for the McCanns and as is usual for a McCann supporter, she never mentioned poor Madeleine.

That's ok, sorry if I took you up wrong.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 83453 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 3 Jun - 18:58

Tony Stewart @TellyTone · 1h

At last, police lift corrugated metal cover on hide in scrubland #praiadaluz

Frencheuropean's post a few pages back has video footage showing the police scrutinising the earth and stones around this corrugated metal cover. One police officer had a black bucket and was slowly pouring the contents onto the ground for the other to sift through. Looks like they have to look at everything so carefully from the outside in, so to speak.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 3 Jun - 19:01

kitti wrote:Final resting place ...remember .

I'm wondering if the reason cadaver scent was only detected on KMcC's clothing was because she visited the resting place at some point, on her own.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 3 Jun - 19:02

mossman wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
mossman wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
mossman wrote:

Hi Mossman

That's ok, sorry if I took you up wrong.   Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 83453 

No problem Mossman  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Icon_flower 

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 3 Jun - 19:05

Wintabells wrote:

I'm wondering if the reason cadaver scent was only detected on KMcC's clothing was because she visited the resting place at some point, on her own.

More likely because she was the last one to hold the child and Gerry was cute enough to dispose of his clothes
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 3 Jun - 19:12

Wintabells wrote:

Thought her clothes came In direct contact with the body.

No other clothes she had were detected by the dogs even after being packed together so if she had visited the place I can't see how the clothes would off had scent on them.

Off course their is a slight probability off contamination as mr grimes has stated.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jun - 19:36

Iris wrote:The more this goes on, the more I think somebody's cracked and grassed.
I don't know how I will feel if they actually do find something.
It suddenly all feels very close and real Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 424625

kinda thinking that but think it's more a process of elimination. working from the outside in.  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 25346 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 3 Jun - 19:42

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
jassi wrote:

I wondered about that as well.  Anybody know if they ran over this area?

I don't think they would run in shrubbery , they ran along the cliff path above the Beach .....this is for me a reason to search the caves along the Beach first.The Portugese think Madeleine's dead body was thrown from the cliffs.

Why do you say that?  There is nothing in th police files to suggest it!

No fred it wasn't in the Police files , it was the opinion of a Lady I sat next to on a Coach to the Airport. She is English but lives in Portugal and a friend of hers was also a friend of Mrs Fenn ....small World eh??? It was she who said that the Portugese people thought Madeleine's body was thrown from the cliffs into the sea.

Yes, I remember that now Panda.  I for one believe she is in Huelva, I
think throwing her off the cliffs would be a bit too dodgy, but we all  have our own opinions about this of course

I think that she is in Huelva too Fred  Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 303636 
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 11 Empty Digging ...people off Interest..

Post  kitti Tue 3 Jun - 21:41

That IS a coincidence.

SY were not allowed to search the people off interest houses so what do they do...

Dig where the houses off the people off interest live..

Unbelievable .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 3 Jun - 21:50

That ground was searched exhaustively by the PJ in 2007....why SY searching it again .

And more to the point...WHY are the Portuguese letting them do this again.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 3 Jun - 22:20

steve1anderson @steve1anderson · 5m

@itvnews: Tomorrow, fibre-optic cameras will be used in drainpipes in Luz by police searching for Madeleine #mccann
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jun - 22:21

kitti wrote:That ground was searched exhaustively by the PJ in 2007....why SY searching it again .

And more to the point...WHY are the Portuguese letting them do this again.
Maybe someone moved something back to a place that had already been searched.
But in order to have this information, somebody must have squealed!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 3 Jun - 22:24

kitti wrote:That IS a coincidence.

SY were not allowed to search the people off interest houses so what do they do...

Dig where the houses off the people off interest live..

Unbelievable .

Digging in Rothley is definitely verboten, kitti.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue 3 Jun - 22:28

Just on facebook : 8 people of interest to be took in for questioning by police...they have today took buckets of stuff to be tested??? Itv news just confirmed
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 3 Jun - 22:32

Karen wrote:Just on facebook : 8 people of interest to be took in for questioning by police...they have today took buckets of stuff to be tested??? Itv news just confirmed
In the UK or Portugal, Karen?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jun - 22:37

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-03/still-a-chance-dogs-can-find-evidence-in-mccann-search/

Very interesting video with a police expert speaking about the dogs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue 3 Jun - 23:37

Maddie Case: Searching for evidence of death in Luz

3 June 2014 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment

Front Cover: English search for Maddie's body. Excavations in the Algarve - they search for evidence of the body of the child who disappeared in Praia da Luz. Investigators bet on the homicide thesis.

The English police believe the child died in Praia da Luz and search for the cadaver or hidden vestiges.

by Rui Pando Gomes and Tânia Laranjo

The English Police believe the body of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared seven years ago in the Algarve, is or has been buried in Praia da Luz, Lagos. This the focus of the British investigators who began yesterday the search for evidence of the death of the English child on the ground where excavations were authorized, searching for both the corpse or other hidden vestiges.

CM found out that sniffer dogs, that were brought from England to detect corpses or buried clues, will begin to be used today in the searches. Investigators from Scotland Yard are convinced that the English child, then with four and who was on holiday with her parents and twin siblings in the Ocean Club resort, died in Praia da Luz and that her body was buried in a vacant lot.

They admit, however, that the body could have been removed, at a later time, from the location where it was hidden and that it is now possible to detect any clues that were left on the ground.

The proceedings are being followed up to detail by members of the Judiciary Police of Faro and teams of GNR officers that are ensuring all the security around the site of the investigations. Yesterday, during the day, elements of the English police marked the places where the main investigation should focus, with the placement of more than a dozen stakes, with multiple priority levels. Topographic measurements were also made ​​and tents were assembled to provide support for the investigations.

The sniffer dogs who came from England for the searches will be on the ground today for the first time. They should search the most relevant sites and a georadar will be used afterwards. Before using the equipment to search for buried corpses, vegetation will have to be cut in defined locations.

The excavations should take place tomorrow if, in the meantime, any clue or tangible vestige is found.

Intruders monitored by GNR

The whole perimeter of the sites to be searched is around the size of two football fields together and is being controlled by the GNR [Guarda Nacional Republicana/Republican National Guard] officers twenty-four hours a day.

CM was able to establish that 40 military GNR officers will be involved in this operation daily. Among them are elements of the GNR Territorial Detachment of Portimão and dual patrolling teams [binómios] of men and dogs from the GNR Intervention Detachment of Faro.All movements of possible intruders who attempt to enter the terrain are followed in detail from the top of a hill, where the control post is located, with the help of long range binoculars.

Several teams, in rotation, ensure the security inside and outside the areas where the searches are taking place. The traffic, which at this time has been much more intense, is also being managed by the GNR.

During the night the entire place is also guarded by the military, to ensure the surveillance of equipment and materials placed on the ground. In the coming days the patrolling can be further strengthened.

in Correio da Manhã, June 3, 2014
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 4 Jun - 0:29

If these little sniffer dogs, don't find Madeleine's remains, but find evidence that she was buried in the scrubland, then removed to somewhere else, it will be interesting to hear and the McCanns have to say.

The evidence that Eddie and Keela found in the McCanns apartment, was dismissed by the McCanns, and certain members of the Portuguese Government, who were in collusion with certain members of the British Government.

In my opinion, if Madeleine was buried in that scrubland, she would have remained there. Whoever buried her had done the dirty deed and would be thankful they had got away with their crime.

Until I am proved wrong, I will always believe that wherever Madeleine was taken to, she was taken by the McCanns or someone known to them with their knowledge, to a place where she will never be found.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 4 Jun - 6:00

Later, at about 6am, the McCanns went out alone and walked around the scrubland on the outskirts of the village, holding hands and calling Madeleine’s name. There was nobody else around and they felt utterly alone.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id96.html
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next