Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

+40
fred
DavidA
jassi
Wintabells
LJC
cass
almostgothic
Karen
frencheuropean
jeanmonroe
fuzeta
Roasted Arizona
kathybelle
mossman
quickfingers
Panda
wjk
chrissie
Angelina
Chris
MaryB
Keela
duncanmac
tanszi
weissnicht
mara thon
wantthetruth
princess_leia
Ireland
pennylane
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
chrissie1
dazedandconfused
Freja53
dutchclogs
Christine
Lioned
T4two
Carolina
44 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Empty Re: Digging to start NEXT WEEK!

Post  jassi Tue 3 Jun - 16:19

Marky wrote:is this the hill they used to run up often? Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 25346 

I wondered about that as well. Anybody know if they ran over this area?
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 3 Jun - 16:20

Sky are reporting that digging has been started in a small area that has been identified as being of interest.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :
Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 16:24

jassi wrote:
Marky wrote:is this the hill they used to run up often? Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 25346 

I wondered about that as well.  Anybody know if they ran over this area?

I don't think they would run in shrubbery , they ran along the cliff path above the Beach .....this is for me a reason to search the caves along the Beach first.The Portugese think Madeleine's dead body was thrown from the cliffs.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jun - 16:28

The more this goes on, the more I think somebody's cracked and grassed.
I don't know how I will feel if they actually do find something.
It suddenly all feels very close and real Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 424625
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 16:29

quickfingers wrote:Sky are reporting that digging has been started in a small area that has been identified as being of interest.

Hi quickfingers, I would have thought the Portugesee would have searched areas where there was evidence of a recent digging when they were first investigating.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 16:32

Panda wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Sky are reporting that digging has been started in a small area that has been identified as being of interest.

Hi quickfingers, I would have thought the Portugesee would have searched areas where there was evidence of a recent digging when they were first investigating.

No Panda, this is new digging by the police today.

ETA. Sorry Panda, I misread the post. Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Icon_flower 

Last edited by mossman on Tue 3 Jun - 16:39; edited 1 time in total
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Tue 3 Jun - 16:35

Panda wrote:

They might have searched these areas before a body was placed there. It does not have to have been concealed there that night.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 3 Jun - 16:43

Final resting place ...remember .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 16:45

mossman wrote:
Panda wrote:

ETA. Sorry Panda, I misread the post. Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Icon_flower 

Your'e excused, we are not used to postiing so long on one topic are we LOL

I still am not sure why, after 4 yrs SY considered digging up the equivalent of 3 Football pitches, not a whim surely??? Either like Iris suggests , an informer , or something the OPORTO team found in their investigation.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 3 Jun - 16:46

Panda wrote:
jassi wrote:

I don't think they would run in shrubbery , they ran along the cliff path above the Beach .....this is for me a reason to search the caves along the Beach first.The Portugese think Madeleine's dead body was thrown from the cliffs.

Why do you say that? There is nothing in th police files to suggest it!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 16:53

fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
jassi wrote:

Why do you say that?  There is nothing in th police files to suggest it!

No fred it wasn't in the Police files , it was the opinion of a Lady I sat next to on a Coach to the Airport. She is English but lives in Portugal and a friend of hers was also a friend of Mrs Fenn ....small World eh??? It was she who said that the Portugese people thought Madeleine's body was thrown from the cliffs into the sea.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 17:09

As I sit watching Sky and checking in here, I have to ask how on earth can her parents not be there ? I find the whole reporting thing upsetting in a way. I cannot understand them being so far away. I'm sure people will say they can do nothing by being there but on the other hand it would surely be the lesser of two evils to be close by ?

Are we sure they are not in Portugal ? It would be just terrible if they did find her and they were not close by.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 3 Jun - 17:10

and good vids too. Thanks almostgothic.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 Empty Well it looks as if there have been a few yellow flags

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jun - 17:12

http://news.sky.com/story/1274634/madeleine-mccann-digging-begins-in-scrubland

A thorough search and clearing of the bushes etc is taking place, Redwood is present, looking on at the clearing up of the area forensic archeologists are also there . A local shopowner standing outside watching the search says they will never find a body because there isn't one there, it is all another waste of time and money he said.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 3 Jun - 17:21

frencheuropean wrote:Au coeur de l'action:

http://vimeo.com/user8318689/review/97216913/71ead40fa0

thanks Frencheuropean. Looks tres intense.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 3 Jun - 17:23

This is what I'm also wondering.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 3 Jun - 17:27

Panda wrote:
fred wrote:
Panda wrote:
jassi wrote:

Why do you say that?  There is nothing in th police files to suggest it!

No fred it wasn't in the Police files , it was the opinion of a Lady I sat next to on a Coach to the Airport. She is English but lives in Portugal and a friend of hers was also a friend of Mrs Fenn ....small World eh??? It was she who said that the Portugese people thought Madeleine's body was thrown from the cliffs into the sea.

Yes, I remember that now Panda. I for one believe she is in Huelva, I
think throwing her off the cliffs would be a bit too dodgy, but we all have our own opinions about this of course
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 3 Jun - 17:30

mossman wrote:As I sit watching Sky and checking in here, I have to ask how on earth can her parents not be there ?  I find the whole reporting thing upsetting in a way.  I cannot understand them being so far away.  I'm sure people will say they can do nothing by being there but on the other hand it would surely be the lesser of two evils to be close by ?

Are we sure they are not in Portugal ?  It would be just terrible if they did find her and they were not close by.  

In my opinion, the McCanns are not in the vicinity, because they know Madeleine's body is not findable. However if I am wrong, judging by the McCanns past behaviour, I don't think they give a stuff, that Madeleine may have been dumped in that scrubland.

All the McCanns have ever done, since the news of Madeleine's disappearance broke, is to find ways and means of saving their own skins. Or raising money, which was never going to be used for the purpose they said it would be used for.

The last thing Kerry Needham wanted the police to find, was Ben's body, but along with Ben's father, she still went over to Greece, to watch the digging. They both wanted to be there in case Ben was found, then they could say a proper goodbye to him.

I still can't get my head round the fact that some people, still make excuses for the vile McCanns.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 17:40

kathybelle wrote:
mossman wrote:

Are we sure they are not in Portugal ?  It would be just terrible if they did find her and they were not close by.  

I still can't get my head round the fact that some people, still make excuses for the vile McCanns.

Kathybelle, is that me you mean ? I'm making no excuses for her parents. I would not put into print what I think about them.

However Madeleine was a three year old child and they were all she knew, loved and trusted. Her parents would have been her world. If she is found in scrubland in PDL, my heart breaks to think there is nobody there for her, she will again be tended to by strangers.

Regardless of who or what the McCanns are, they should be there for Madeleine, they should put her first for once.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Tue 3 Jun - 17:44

Panda wrote:
mossman wrote:
Panda wrote:

Your'e excused, we are not used to postiing so long on one topic are we LOL

I still am not sure why, after 4 yrs SY considered digging up the equivalent of 3 Football pitches, not a whim surely??? Either like Iris suggests , an informer , or something the OPORTO team found in their investigation.

They aren't digging up the equivalent of 3 football pitches though. They have ground penetrating radar equipment which means they don't have to dig up the whole area but can be specific. They are analysing the area and then using the victim recovery dogs and then checking out anything they alert to.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 3 Jun - 17:50

Mossman they are too busy preparing for their visit to Lisbon in the hope off getting their grubby dirty hands on 1m.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 3 Jun - 17:50

Kate is a keen runner and in the last few days has tried to include a run in the daily routine. Yesterday (Sat) at 7am we ran to the monument at the top of the steep cliff overlooking Praia de Luz. We reached it in 19 minutes. http://www.mccannfiles.com/id13.html

This area they're currently searching - it's a hill right? regarded as a landmark by the locals apparently.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 3 Jun - 17:54

kitti wrote:Mossman they are too busy preparing for their visit to Lisbon in the hope off getting their grubby dirty hands on 1m.

Of if they know what might be found, they could be in Rothley putting their affairs in order, before being forced to take a very very long holiday in Portugal.

mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 3 Jun - 17:55

I wonder if Rothley Towers is being bugged by SY
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 3 Jun - 17:58

Tony Stewart @TellyTone  ·  27m

Police and forensic archaeologist peer into hide found on scrubland #praiadaluz. #huntformaddie

Digging to start NEXT WEEK! - Page 10 BpOAN7rIYAEdreo
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next