Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashya King

+7
katertaif
Badboy
wjk
kitti
tanszi
Angelina
malena stool
11 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ashya King Empty Ashya King

Post  Claudia79 Sun 31 Aug - 1:05

I have no idea who is wrong or who is right but every story has two sides so here is the dad's version:

There was a similar case here in Portugal in 2010. It was very talked about. It was a four year old girl named Safira who had kidney cancer. After surgery and one round of chemo, I think, mother and stepdad started researching for alternative therapies as the doctors in the oncology hospital suggested more chemo. They found dendritic cell treatment and vaccines in Germany (immunotherapy) and wanted to try them but the doctors disagreed and they called child protective services. They had to leave their house as they were being looked for and I think the case almost went to trial. The parents were heard by a judge but later the case was dismissed, they did the treatment in Germany and fortunately Safira has been cancer free since then. They now have a site and a project named Safira to help others parents and children in the same circumstances: http://blog.projetosafira.org/

Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Ashya King Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ashya King Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Ashya King Empty Re: Ashya King

Post  Panda Sun 31 Aug - 8:02

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29001388

Claudia, I was just going to post on this topic , but will post anyway because this is the update. Apparently the Parents went o Spain to sell a property to pay for the treatment in another Country.

The Father is obviously an intelligent Man and had every right to take his Son out of the Hospital if he thought he was not getting the right treatment. British Police are on their way to Spain with a Medical Team.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 31 Aug - 9:27

I see they've now been arrested in Spain, not quite sure why because they don't seem to have broken any laws.

The thing is, are they now being kept away from their little boy who obviously badly needs them just at this moment? The priority should be this little boy's health and deal with the parents later.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 31 Aug - 9:33

So once again the press lied.

They lied to get what they wanted....

They wanted us to feel anger against the father and said his feeding tube would be empty soon....it was a lie.

They also neglected to tell us that the hospital has said there was nothing else they could do for him.

What would you do?

I would do the same as this man.

How dare they give up on him.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 31 Aug - 10:15

Kitti, it was the police that stood there and said his feeding tube would be empty etc.
AFAIA this time, the press only repeated what the police said?
I'm no fan of the press but I don't think it was them this time, it was the police, on the say so of the hospital.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 31 Aug - 10:19

wjk wrote:Kitti, it was the police that stood there and said his feeding tube would be empty etc.
AFAIA this time, the press only repeated what the police said?
I'm no fan of the press but I don't think it was them this time, it was the police, on the say so of the hospital.

Seems to me the police are being far too liberal with their press reports these days and the press are out for any sensational headlines they can get/make up/twist to sound more sensational.

Only this morning I was reading reports of how many raids there are soon going to be on child abusers....why are they publicising it and not just doing it quietly?

Sorry, if I've gone off topic but it's really making me cross.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 31 Aug - 10:48

Yes, the Police have given interviews and I think have in this instance acted as though the Parents have committed a crime!!!! I'm glad the Father has had a chance to tell his side of the story, his Brother was the Cameraman and made sure it would be published in the U.K..
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 31 Aug - 10:56

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 31 Aug - 11:30

Panda wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29001388

Claudia, I was just going to post on this topic , but will post anyway because this is the update.  Apparently the Parents went o Spain to sell a property to pay for the treatment in another Country.

The Father is obviously an intelligent Man and had every right to take his Son out of the Hospital if he thought he was not getting the right treatment. British Police are on their way to Spain with a Medical Team.

I know, Panda. The father mentions it on the video.
It's a very complicated story but the impression I get is that sometimes doctors like to play God and cannot tolerate parents or other loved ones to research and ask questions. Very sad especially because, as you said, the father seems to have the best interest of his son at heart. I just hope Ashya can be treated the most appropriate way and can find a cure like Safira who is, 4 years later, cancer free.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 31 Aug - 12:39

I once did, when I was 15, job experience at a local paper for one week as I was interested in being a journalist.

I watched these people running around with pencils behind there ears and permanently on the phone or rushing out to get a story....I decided it was too much like hard work and changed my mind after that.

If I had known that all you had to do today is sit on your arse and never leave the office as all you need was a wad off notes to get your story ,I may off changed my outlook.

How the hell do the journos know that what they either pay for or get second hand is actually the truth.

Perhaps if the journos had looked into this story for themselves then people wouldn't off been so steadfast in trying to get this father because it's only now we know the truth and people prob regret going after him.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 31 Aug - 12:44

Claudia79 wrote:

Claudia, I was just going to post on this topic , but will post anyway because this is the update.  Apparently the Parents went o Spain to sell a property to pay for the treatment in another Country.

It's a very complicated story but the impression I get is that sometimes doctors like to play God and cannot tolerate parents or other loved ones to research and ask questions. Very sad especially because, as you said, the father seems to have the best interest of his son at heart. I just hope Ashya can be treated the most appropriate way and can find a cure like Safira who is, 4 years later, cancer free.

Apparently this Proton treatment is far superior to the treatment offered by the Hospital and the Doctors at the Southampton Hospital did not agree and were a bit scathing towards the Father. There has been criticism of the way the Police have handled this and when the video was made you can see the Boy is stable. the father was gong to take his Son to Chechloslovakia but if the Parents are arrested and the child ends up in a U.K Hospital and doesn't survive.......what happens then?????
British Hospital and doesn't survive, who will be culpable?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 31 Aug - 13:03

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

Apparently this Proton treatment is far superior to the treatment offered by the Hospital and the Doctors at the Southampton Hospital did not  agree and were a bit scathing towards the Father. There has been criticism of the way the Police have handled this and when the video was made you can see the Boy is stable.  the father was gong to take his Son to Chechloslovakia but if the Parents are arrested and the child ends up in a U.K Hospital and doesn't survive.......what happens then?????
British Hospital and doesn't survive, who will be culpable?

The situation is very similar to that of Safira. Fortunately things went great with her and her parents were able to make their choices.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 31 Aug - 13:35

The Parents are being treated as if they are criminals and it would be good to know who fed the Press . Just announced, Ashya will not be tansferred to another hospital and Spanish authorities say he is stable.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 31 Aug - 13:40

It said on the news at One that a European Arrest Warrant had been issued.

The parents take their child out of hospital, to a different place, and sell their property to fund treatment in another country. And a EAW is issued.

The McCanns leave their child alone, in a strange place, she disappears and they leg it back to the UK. And NO EAW is issued, in fact quite the opposite!

None of it makes any sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 31 Aug - 19:35

THEY ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 31 Aug - 20:20

Iris wrote:It said on the news at One that a European Arrest Warrant had been issued.  

The parents take their child out of hospital, to a different place, and sell their property to fund treatment in another country.  And a EAW is issued.

The McCanns leave their child alone, in a strange place, she disappears and they leg it back to the UK.  And NO EAW is issued, in fact quite the opposite!

None of it makes any sense.
They are Jehovah's Witnesses Iris, not Masons.....
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 31 Aug - 20:27

Badboy wrote:THEY ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

I'm not sure Badboy, but I believe Jehovah's Witnesses only refuse blood transfusions and blood products. I think they now allow bloodless surgical procedures.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 31 Aug - 22:08

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 31 Aug - 23:30

malena stool wrote:

I'm not sure Badboy, but I believe Jehovah's Witnesses only refuse blood transfusions and blood products. I think they now allow bloodless surgical procedures.
THERE WAS A STATEMENT FROM THE PUBLIC OFFICE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES CONFIRMING THE KINGS WERE JWS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 1 Sep - 6:33

The Parents appear in a Spanish Court today, Ashya has been moved from Intensive Care to General Ward, Police deny being high handed, they say the Hospital Doctors told them Ashya's life was in danger by being taken from the Hospital , but a video of an older brother of Ashya shows medical evidence that the Parents had provided all that was needed until he could be treated in Chechoslovakia.
The NHS has said in cases like this they would pay the cost of providing treatment abroad, but the Parents say the Doctors did not mention this.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Mon 1 Sep - 10:07

Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:

THERE WAS A STATEMENT FROM THE PUBLIC OFFICE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES CONFIRMING THE KINGS WERE JWS.
I know Badboy, I was just saying that I believe those who follow the Jehovah's Witness faith have nothing against bloodless medical/surgical procedures.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Ashya King Empty Aysha's parents fight extradition from Spain

Post  Panda Mon 1 Sep - 14:45

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29009883

The Police are behaving monstrously...did they think the Parents would consent to return to the U.K. while Aysha is in Hospital in Spain. ???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 1 Sep - 14:54

Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 1 Sep - 15:11

I presume the Petition would be sent to Cameron. Latest News is the parents will be held in custody by the Spanish Police for couple of days until the U.K. Police decide what to do.It will be the Doctors v the Parents to establish who said what, I think that Policeman ought to be sacked , again Doctors v Police , Police are saying that the Doctors told them Ashya's life was in danger which is why they acted so quickly.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 1 Sep - 18:33

Its not the UK police who will decide, its the Spanish judge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29009883

On what grounds can the policeman (I presume you mean the one who spoke to the press?) be sacked?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content