Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

+3
jeanmonroe
wjk
Karen
7 posters

Go down

Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) Empty Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Karen Mon 8 Sep - 21:07

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) Empty Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  wjk Mon 8 Sep - 21:53

Who is she? Do we know her from forums or Twitter etc?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 8 Sep - 21:55

Just watched it in full and although she struggled at times she got all the points over.

Well done Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 307691 Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 307691 Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 307691

whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Sep - 22:49

Sorry, but I didn't even make it halfway through. I shut it off at "Stephen Birch". She starts by spelling "Gerry" wrongly, which implies that she hasn't a clue what she's talking about, she misquotes him, and there's no such place as "Praia de Loos". Plus she could maybe use a bottle of Headrin, why does she keep scratching her scalp? Some clothes wouldn't go amiss, either. She's making all of us McCann doubters look like a bunch of manky, ignorant nutters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 8 Sep - 23:11

I must strongly disagree with your comments , Iris.
1) Gerry was spelt correctly at the top but incorectly on the second occurance.
2) Just because a person makes a spelling mistake or two doesn't mean they know nothing about the subject. Most people accept spelling errors without getting in a tizzy about them. Take kitti, English may be her second language but I don't worry about spelling errors where it is not vital to the post , it's the content that matters. Thumbs up to kitti.
3)I thought it was very rude of you to comment about her scalp and her clothes. I think she had a white top on but it was a head and shoulders shot, anyway..
4)Commenting on the pronunciation of PDL was childish.
5) Your further comments warrant no further discussion.

I'm surprised at you, tonight.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Sep - 23:18

That's my opinion. First impressions are important, and she did not make a good one. Sorry if you can't handle that, but I have had enough now of uninformed people spouting rubbish. If she can't even get Gerry's name right from the off, it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the rest of it. Same reason as I can't stand people posting about "Madeline", if they can't even be bothered to get the poor child's name right then I'm not interested in anything else they have to say. And where have I ever criticised Kitti's spelling?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Mon 8 Sep - 23:40

wjk wrote:Who is she? Do we know her from forums or Twitter etc?

Somebody on JH said she was on Facebook.
She has done a few more in a similar vein on YouTube but I've not watched those.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 8 Sep - 23:57

Yes she is on Facebook as Danielle La Verite / Chloe George.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 8 Sep - 23:59

The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Tue 9 Sep - 0:15

interested wrote:The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.

I remember that lady...said what she thought...good for her.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 9 Sep - 0:25

whatsupdoc wrote:
interested wrote:The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.

Very courageous of her (being from Rothley) and she spoke her mind I recall in May of 2007.  I often wondered if she was run out of town afterwards; I don't remember ever hearing about her again.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Tue 9 Sep - 1:45

Just because a person makes a spelling mistake or two doesn't mean they know nothing
-----------------------------------------

I NEVER make a spelling mastike................Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 541656  (Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 554636)
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 9 Sep - 7:22

There's a difference between making the odd spelling mistake,  and getting the name of the main participant completely wrong.   It implies that they have done no research.   How many journalists have we lambasted on here for the same thing.

I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling mistakes, and I am bloody angry that I have been accused of doing that to kitti. Come back here when you have proof of that, and then we'll discuss it. I'm pulling someone up for not even being arsed to get the main players names right; or the name of the place; or even the number of unanswered questions. All basic stuff, and yes, I DID find the constant head scratching a complete distraction. She might have had some good points but they were completely lost on me. And if I feel like that then so must others.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Tue 9 Sep - 9:16

Iris wrote:There's a difference between making the odd spelling mistake,  and getting the name of the main participant completely wrong.   It implies that they have done no research.   How many journalists have we lambasted on here for the same thing.

I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling mistakes, and I am bloody angry that I have been accused of doing that to kitti.  Come back here when you have proof of that, and then we'll discuss it.  I'm pulling someone up for not even being arsed to get the main players names right; or the name of the place; or even the number of unanswered questions.  All basic stuff, and yes, I DID find the constant head scratching a complete distraction.  She might have had some good points but they were completely lost on me.  And if I feel like that then so must others.

I didn't accuse you of pulling up kitti for spelling mistakes . I said Take kitti, as an example. Please read more carefully.

My main concentration of the video was the questions she asked not that she scratched her head etc. She looked nervous making the video but she got through it and well done to her. Many people have said how well she did.

I think kitti does very good posts. Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 944533

Talking about first impressions, here is a true story. A smartly dress woman, wearing office type black skirt, jacket and carrying a case, went into a local shop and bought £25 of drinks...quite a lot of money at that time. Paid by cheque with a card. The cheque bounced and the shop owner didn't recover the money.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 9 Sep - 9:31

interested wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:

Very courageous of her (being from Rothley) and she spoke her mind I recall in May of 2007.  I often wondered if she was run out of town afterwards; I don't remember ever hearing about her again.

Here is that lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnqSdgwxH0

After she was slaughtered on You Tube, she made a follow up video in a bit to silence her critics. Here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1y3lvlVH8Q

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 9 Sep - 10:01

whatsupdoc wrote:
Iris wrote:There's a difference between making the odd spelling mistake,  and getting the name of the main participant completely wrong.   It implies that they have done no research.   How many journalists have we lambasted on here for the same thing.

I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling mistakes, and I am bloody angry that I have been accused of doing that to kitti.  Come back here when you have proof of that, and then we'll discuss it.  I'm pulling someone up for not even being arsed to get the main players names right; or the name of the place; or even the number of unanswered questions.  All basic stuff, and yes, I DID find the constant head scratching a complete distraction.  She might have had some good points but they were completely lost on me.  And if I feel like that then so must others.

I didn't accuse you of pulling up kitti for spelling mistakes . I said Take kitti, as an example. Please read more carefully.

My main concentration of the video was the questions she asked not that she scratched her head etc. She looked nervous making the video but she got through it and well done to her. Many people have said how well she did.

I think kitti does very good posts.  Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 944533

Talking about first impressions, here is a true story. A smartly dress woman, wearing office type black skirt, jacket and carrying a case,  went into a local shop and bought £25 of drinks...quite a lot of money at that time. Paid by cheque with a card. The cheque bounced and the shop owner didn't recover the money.

Why use kitti as an example at all?  As far as I am aware she has NEVER got a name wrong. Just as I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling. Maybe YOU should get your facts right before lecturing about examples.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 9 Sep - 10:13

Iris wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:

I think kitti does very good posts.  Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 944533

Talking about first impressions, here is a true story. A smartly dress woman, wearing office type black skirt, jacket and carrying a case,  went into a local shop and bought £25 of drinks...quite a lot of money at that time. Paid by cheque with a card. The cheque bounced and the shop owner didn't recover the money.

Why use kitti as an example at all?  As far as I am aware she has NEVER got a name wrong.  Just as I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling.  Maybe YOU should get your facts right before lecturing about examples.

blimey, this referendum vote must be closer than i thought. Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube) 294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 9 Sep - 10:23

Sorry to continue off topic but, if that card was a cheque guarantee card, the cheque would have cleared.

Maybe both it and the cheque were stolen.

It's not that long ago when paying by cheque would involve the manager being called to supervise the transaction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 9 Sep - 10:26

Remember the sticker book timeline done by the Tapas ? Gerry was spelt "jerry" on that, and that was written by a friend, so good a friend he was deemed safe to check their children.

I think it's a common enough mistake with that name, if you don't know the person, although most of the world have seen Gerry McCann written in print more times than their own name.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 9 Sep - 10:45

I think that the timeline was written by Russell O'Brien - if I recall correctly. He did not know the McCanns particularly well (and was not apparently one of the "checkers") so it's possible that he was not familiar with the correct spelling of the name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Tue 9 Sep - 11:19

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Sorry to continue off topic but, if that card was a cheque guarantee card, the cheque would have cleared.

Maybe both it and the cheque were stolen.

It's not that long ago when paying by cheque would involve the manager being called to supervise the transaction.  

The shopkeeper told us both the cheque & card were stolen. I would have thought the bank would have stood the loss.
My point was that first impressions don't count for everything with me. I thought the girl in the video did very well.
How many Pros know about Gerry's CAT? This should be investigated. Who deleted and why were the files deleted?

Is it possible to check the Court records 2002/3 to see if Gerry was placed on the Sex Offenders Register and what offence it was for?
It would tie in the Gasper testimony and bathing other people's children. I think it would explain why there is all the effort being put in to show the McCanns in a good light.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 9 Sep - 16:11

kathybelle wrote:
interested wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:

Here is that lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnqSdgwxH0

After she was slaughtered on You Tube, she made a follow up video in a bit to silence her critics. Here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1y3lvlVH8Q

Thanks to "kathybelle" for the links to the videos.  Yes, that's the brave woman I was reminded of.  Despite the flack she received for her original remarks, she made her own video defending her opinion.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down