Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Karen on Mon 8 Sep - 21:07

avatar
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  wjk on Mon 8 Sep - 21:53

Who is she? Do we know her from forums or Twitter etc?
avatar
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7813
Age : 52
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  whatsupdoc on Mon 8 Sep - 21:55

Just watched it in full and although she struggled at times she got all the points over.

Well done

avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Guest on Mon 8 Sep - 22:49

Sorry, but I didn't even make it halfway through. I shut it off at "Stephen Birch". She starts by spelling "Gerry" wrongly, which implies that she hasn't a clue what she's talking about, she misquotes him, and there's no such place as "Praia de Loos". Plus she could maybe use a bottle of Headrin, why does she keep scratching her scalp? Some clothes wouldn't go amiss, either. She's making all of us McCann doubters look like a bunch of manky, ignorant nutters.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  whatsupdoc on Mon 8 Sep - 23:11

I must strongly disagree with your comments , Iris.
1) Gerry was spelt correctly at the top but incorectly on the second occurance.
2) Just because a person makes a spelling mistake or two doesn't mean they know nothing about the subject. Most people accept spelling errors without getting in a tizzy about them. Take kitti, English may be her second language but I don't worry about spelling errors where it is not vital to the post , it's the content that matters. Thumbs up to kitti.
3)I thought it was very rude of you to comment about her scalp and her clothes. I think she had a white top on but it was a head and shoulders shot, anyway..
4)Commenting on the pronunciation of PDL was childish.
5) Your further comments warrant no further discussion.

I'm surprised at you, tonight.
avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Guest on Mon 8 Sep - 23:18

That's my opinion. First impressions are important, and she did not make a good one. Sorry if you can't handle that, but I have had enough now of uninformed people spouting rubbish. If she can't even get Gerry's name right from the off, it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the rest of it. Same reason as I can't stand people posting about "Madeline", if they can't even be bothered to get the poor child's name right then I'm not interested in anything else they have to say. And where have I ever criticised Kitti's spelling?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  whatsupdoc on Mon 8 Sep - 23:40

wjk wrote:Who is she? Do we know her from forums or Twitter etc?

Somebody on JH said she was on Facebook.
She has done a few more in a similar vein on YouTube but I've not watched those.
avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Mon 8 Sep - 23:57

Yes she is on Facebook as Danielle La Verite / Chloe George.
avatar
Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6715
Age : 104
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  interested on Mon 8 Sep - 23:59

The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.
avatar
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2711
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  whatsupdoc on Tue 9 Sep - 0:15

interested wrote:The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.

I remember that lady...said what she thought...good for her.
avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  interested on Tue 9 Sep - 0:25

whatsupdoc wrote:
interested wrote:The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.

I remember that lady...said what she thought...good for her.

Very courageous of her (being from Rothley) and she spoke her mind I recall in May of 2007.  I often wondered if she was run out of town afterwards; I don't remember ever hearing about her again.
avatar
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2711
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  jeanmonroe on Tue 9 Sep - 1:45

Just because a person makes a spelling mistake or two doesn't mean they know nothing
-----------------------------------------

I NEVER make a spelling mastike................  ()
avatar
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1039
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Guest on Tue 9 Sep - 7:22

There's a difference between making the odd spelling mistake,  and getting the name of the main participant completely wrong.   It implies that they have done no research.   How many journalists have we lambasted on here for the same thing.

I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling mistakes, and I am bloody angry that I have been accused of doing that to kitti. Come back here when you have proof of that, and then we'll discuss it. I'm pulling someone up for not even being arsed to get the main players names right; or the name of the place; or even the number of unanswered questions. All basic stuff, and yes, I DID find the constant head scratching a complete distraction. She might have had some good points but they were completely lost on me. And if I feel like that then so must others.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  whatsupdoc on Tue 9 Sep - 9:16

Iris wrote:There's a difference between making the odd spelling mistake,  and getting the name of the main participant completely wrong.   It implies that they have done no research.   How many journalists have we lambasted on here for the same thing.

I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling mistakes, and I am bloody angry that I have been accused of doing that to kitti.  Come back here when you have proof of that, and then we'll discuss it.  I'm pulling someone up for not even being arsed to get the main players names right; or the name of the place; or even the number of unanswered questions.  All basic stuff, and yes, I DID find the constant head scratching a complete distraction.  She might have had some good points but they were completely lost on me.  And if I feel like that then so must others.


I didn't accuse you of pulling up kitti for spelling mistakes . I said Take kitti, as an example. Please read more carefully.

My main concentration of the video was the questions she asked not that she scratched her head etc. She looked nervous making the video but she got through it and well done to her. Many people have said how well she did.

I think kitti does very good posts.

Talking about first impressions, here is a true story. A smartly dress woman, wearing office type black skirt, jacket and carrying a case, went into a local shop and bought £25 of drinks...quite a lot of money at that time. Paid by cheque with a card. The cheque bounced and the shop owner didn't recover the money.
avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  kathybelle on Tue 9 Sep - 9:31

interested wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:
interested wrote:The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.

I remember that lady...said what she thought...good for her.

Very courageous of her (being from Rothley) and she spoke her mind I recall in May of 2007.  I often wondered if she was run out of town afterwards; I don't remember ever hearing about her again.

Here is that lady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnqSdgwxH0

After she was slaughtered on You Tube, she made a follow up video in a bit to silence her critics. Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1y3lvlVH8Q

avatar
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 71
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Guest on Tue 9 Sep - 10:01

whatsupdoc wrote:
Iris wrote:There's a difference between making the odd spelling mistake,  and getting the name of the main participant completely wrong.   It implies that they have done no research.   How many journalists have we lambasted on here for the same thing.

I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling mistakes, and I am bloody angry that I have been accused of doing that to kitti.  Come back here when you have proof of that, and then we'll discuss it.  I'm pulling someone up for not even being arsed to get the main players names right; or the name of the place; or even the number of unanswered questions.  All basic stuff, and yes, I DID find the constant head scratching a complete distraction.  She might have had some good points but they were completely lost on me.  And if I feel like that then so must others.


I didn't accuse you of pulling up kitti for spelling mistakes . I said Take kitti, as an example. Please read more carefully.

My main concentration of the video was the questions she asked not that she scratched her head etc. She looked nervous making the video but she got through it and well done to her. Many people have said how well she did.

I think kitti does very good posts.  

Talking about first impressions, here is a true story. A smartly dress woman, wearing office type black skirt, jacket and carrying a case,  went into a local shop and bought £25 of drinks...quite a lot of money at that time. Paid by cheque with a card. The cheque bounced and the shop owner didn't recover the money.

Why use kitti as an example at all?  As far as I am aware she has NEVER got a name wrong. Just as I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling. Maybe YOU should get your facts right before lecturing about examples.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Guest on Tue 9 Sep - 10:13

Iris wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:
Iris wrote:There's a difference between making the odd spelling mistake,  and getting the name of the main participant completely wrong.   It implies that they have done no research.   How many journalists have we lambasted on here for the same thing.

I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling mistakes, and I am bloody angry that I have been accused of doing that to kitti.  Come back here when you have proof of that, and then we'll discuss it.  I'm pulling someone up for not even being arsed to get the main players names right; or the name of the place; or even the number of unanswered questions.  All basic stuff, and yes, I DID find the constant head scratching a complete distraction.  She might have had some good points but they were completely lost on me.  And if I feel like that then so must others.


I didn't accuse you of pulling up kitti for spelling mistakes . I said Take kitti, as an example. Please read more carefully.

My main concentration of the video was the questions she asked not that she scratched her head etc. She looked nervous making the video but she got through it and well done to her. Many people have said how well she did.

I think kitti does very good posts.  

Talking about first impressions, here is a true story. A smartly dress woman, wearing office type black skirt, jacket and carrying a case,  went into a local shop and bought £25 of drinks...quite a lot of money at that time. Paid by cheque with a card. The cheque bounced and the shop owner didn't recover the money.

Why use kitti as an example at all?  As far as I am aware she has NEVER got a name wrong.  Just as I have NEVER pulled anyone up for spelling.  Maybe YOU should get your facts right before lecturing about examples.

blimey, this referendum vote must be closer than i thought.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 9 Sep - 10:23

Sorry to continue off topic but, if that card was a cheque guarantee card, the cheque would have cleared.

Maybe both it and the cheque were stolen.

It's not that long ago when paying by cheque would involve the manager being called to supervise the transaction.
avatar
Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6715
Age : 104
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  mossman on Tue 9 Sep - 10:26

Remember the sticker book timeline done by the Tapas ? Gerry was spelt "jerry" on that, and that was written by a friend, so good a friend he was deemed safe to check their children.

I think it's a common enough mistake with that name, if you don't know the person, although most of the world have seen Gerry McCann written in print more times than their own name.
avatar
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 9 Sep - 10:45

I think that the timeline was written by Russell O'Brien - if I recall correctly. He did not know the McCanns particularly well (and was not apparently one of the "checkers") so it's possible that he was not familiar with the correct spelling of the name.
avatar
Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6715
Age : 104
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  whatsupdoc on Tue 9 Sep - 11:19

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Sorry to continue off topic but, if that card was a cheque guarantee card, the cheque would have cleared.

Maybe both it and the cheque were stolen.

It's not that long ago when paying by cheque would involve the manager being called to supervise the transaction.  

The shopkeeper told us both the cheque & card were stolen. I would have thought the bank would have stood the loss.
My point was that first impressions don't count for everything with me. I thought the girl in the video did very well.
How many Pros know about Gerry's CAT? This should be investigated. Who deleted and why were the files deleted?

Is it possible to check the Court records 2002/3 to see if Gerry was placed on the Sex Offenders Register and what offence it was for?
It would tie in the Gasper testimony and bathing other people's children. I think it would explain why there is all the effort being put in to show the McCanns in a good light.
avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  interested on Tue 9 Sep - 16:11

kathybelle wrote:
interested wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:
interested wrote:The video somewhat reminds me of the one done very early on by a woman who lives in Rothley.  Was she ever heard from again?  If I remember correctly, she was very vocal about the McCanns and insisted they should at least be charged with neglect.

I remember that lady...said what she thought...good for her.

Very courageous of her (being from Rothley) and she spoke her mind I recall in May of 2007.  I often wondered if she was run out of town afterwards; I don't remember ever hearing about her again.

Here is that lady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnqSdgwxH0

After she was slaughtered on You Tube, she made a follow up video in a bit to silence her critics. Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1y3lvlVH8Q




Thanks to "kathybelle" for the links to the videos.  Yes, that's the brave woman I was reminded of.  Despite the flack she received for her original remarks, she made her own video defending her opinion.
avatar
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2711
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Kate & Gerry (YouTube)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum