Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inquest starts at midday

+12
chrissie
AnnaEsse
fuzeta
mossman
fred
interested
jinvta
jeanmonroe
tanszi
frencheuropean
LJC
almostgothic
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Inquest starts at midday Empty Inquest starts at midday

Post  fred Wed 8 Oct - 9:09

fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Inquest starts at midday Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Inquest starts at midday Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Inquest starts at midday Empty Re: Inquest starts at midday

Post  Guest Wed 8 Oct - 9:29

I would think that this is a preliminary hearing with just confirmation of when and where the death occurred.

The full inquest with witnesses will come at a later date.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 8 Oct - 10:08

that's my understanding too.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
Inquest starts at midday Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Inquest starts at midday Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Oct - 10:50

maybe only if he could offer any insight into her state of mind during their chat both on and off camera that may prove useful.

Inquest starts at midday 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 8 Oct - 10:56

The police are investigating the events leading up to her death.
As Brunt was present in the last days of her life, he will be investigated also and a report will be made and given to the coroner.
On the strength of that alone, he will surely have to attend.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 8 Oct - 11:13

maybe he could provide an insight into who requested and why he was asked to undertake this particular form of interview, and the reasons he accepted it.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Oct - 11:23

tanszi wrote:maybe he could provide an insight into who requested and why he was asked to undertake this particular form of interview, and the reasons he accepted it.

it's his job. Inquest starts at midday 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 8 Oct - 13:00

in your opinion, not in mine
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Oct - 13:19

tanszi wrote:in your opinion, not in mine

your opinion doesn't change the fact that he was doing his job. Inquest starts at midday 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 8 Oct - 13:27

my opinion on what his job is is as valid as yours. you can say all day it wont change his job, im not entering into a futile argument on opinion of what his job is.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Oct - 13:39

tanszi wrote:my opinion on what his job is is as valid as yours.  you can say all day it wont change his job, im not entering into a futile argument on opinion of what his job is.

you already have. Inquest starts at midday 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 8 Oct - 14:26

@LHLNews: Coroner: "The cause of Brenda Leyland's death is still not known and police inquiries are still, rightly, ongoing."

#sweepyface #mccann
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 8 Oct - 15:10

We are assuming suicide here but it could be that she went to a  hotel to get away from the proper trolls who were targeting her directly with threats and, once inside her room, the stress may have brought on a heart attack?

If it is suicide there is usually a note left, or evidence by way of tablets (if by overdose) or some other evidence to pinpoint cause of death.

She seemed the type, from just the brief viewing we all had of her; well to me she seemed the type to think things though. Even though she had obviously been taken by surprise by Martin Brunt, she thought quickly and said no I'm going out to him, and whilst out she would have thought things through which prompted her decision to invite him in once she had returned home.

Much is not clear.  How long was she out for when we saw her drive away?  Who was the driver?  How long did Martin Brunt hang around outside her cottage?  Did they communicate via twitter whilst she was out and about?  What was her emotional state when she was out with her friend?  And so on. The hotel staff would have encountered her. What sort of state did they find her in?

I am sure the person she drove off with will form part of the inquest.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Oct - 16:11

There were reports elsewhere that she'd hanged herself so that cannot be true in view of the coroner's report today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Wed 8 Oct - 16:26

frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 8 Oct - 16:28

that would seem so NBY I hope her children are finding a way to get through this and have practical and emotional support. Ive only attended two family related inquests, perhaps things are different in different parts of the country. One cause of death was not known so there were delays whilst other investigations were carried out to try and establish it. My understanding is that once that is known formal arrangements can be made for release and funerals, with the inquest in full taking place some months later. things can change though I agree.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 8 Oct - 17:25

I don't understand, they followed Benda everywhere, did they know she was in that hotel ?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Wed 8 Oct - 21:36

Marky wrote:
tanszi wrote:maybe he could provide an insight into who requested and why he was asked to undertake this particular form of interview, and the reasons he accepted it.

it's his job. Inquest starts at midday 25346

I thought he is a Crime Correspondent.  That to me suggests he reports on crime investigations.  I don't know that Brenda Leyland was guilty of or even under investigation for a crime.

I would like very much to hear though how he came to know that tracking her down for an interview would be of interest to the general public.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 8 Oct - 21:55

I just hope he does apologise and doesnt think that this will blow over because it won't.

He knew exactly what he was doing that day, he just didn't turn up in the hope off Brenda being in and he also recognised her too so obviously they had been watching the house for a while, I mean, the women coming out off that house could off been a friend or family, he knew exactly what age she was, build, hair colour etc so they knew the target .

I do feel sad for him because he's not a horrible man as he could not off foreseen what would off happened but saying that, she was 63, she could off had a heart attack, she wasn't 23.

The thought off her being in strange surroundings upsets me the most, not being able to spend her last hours in her own home amongst the things she loved most ...she went to that hotel knowing that she was going to die..that cuts me up inside.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Wed 8 Oct - 22:16

kitti wrote:I don't understand, they followed Benda everywhere, did they know she was in that hotel ?

Did they offer her a 'safe house'?  What else was on offer??
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 9 Oct - 0:33

mossman wrote:@LHLNews: Coroner: "The cause of Brenda Leyland's death is still not known and police inquiries are still, rightly, ongoing."

#sweepyface #mccann

Since the post-mortem failed to identify the cause of death, perhaps the initial report of suicide was premature.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Thu 9 Oct - 0:38

No doubt they will be looking at the hotel video footage and will likely see Brunt stalking her. Brunt cared more for his paycheck than this woman's well-being, much the same as the McCanns have always cared more about their reputations and the blood money they could rake in off of Madeleine's demise, than they ever cared about Madeleine herself.

If Brunt had any decency he would have apologized by now. That he hasn't speaks volumes.

If it were a suicide, I suspect that she would have left a suicide note - one that the McCanns, Brunty, and the McCann sympathizers would not want to be leaked.

jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 9 Oct - 1:45

I think she prob would off left the note in the house too, she wouldnt off left it in the hotel for anyone but family to read....we will see.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 9 Oct - 2:09

Perhaps Brenda wrote/left a letter/note about MB possibly 'threatening' her (to lay off his friends, the McCanns) 'off camera' when he went inside her home?

Perhaps Brenda had another twitter account and tweeted to her son in USA all 'about' her 'conversation' with MB.

About how 'scared' she was about Cindy Martin's vile, disgusting tweets and threats to her life.

And he's 'keeping that particular powder dry' for when the 'establishment' come out with their BS.

Perhaps Brenda's 'legacy' will be to bring down the 'lot' of 'them' from beyond the grave?

R.I.P. Brenda Leyland.

xx.

The pro McCann supporter 'trolls' can't threaten to 'get you' anymore. You've left them 'fuming'. Good girl!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Thu 9 Oct - 6:47

Trolls is too nice of a name for the sympathizers of the greedy, hedonistic, child-neglecting McCanns.

I don't mind being called a troll, as it is just that name-calling, which in itself is just an immature defence mechanism for those who do not have the facts and logic on their side. Even the media have picked up on this name calling, falling right in line with the McCanns and their worshippers.

Support of the McCanns is support of child neglect, plain and simple. I think what bothers alot of people (Brenda included) is that the McCanns have escaped justice for their gross neglect of 3 very young children, causing harm to at least one of them. Not only have they escaped justice, but they have been treated like saints and celebrities by the media and their kool-aid drinking followers, which further condones the neglect.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next