Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 29 Dec - 20:48

Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
cherry1 wrote:Mr. Gaspar said this:

At the time I did not feel the gesture was referring to Madeleine.

It is my wish that the police are aware of my preoccupation with the gesture made by David Payne.


so it seems although at the time he did not feel it was referring to Madeleine (although he did feel it was in bad taste) - since Madeleine's disappearance he obviously had thought about it some more as he wanted the Police to be aware of -  my preoccupation with the gesture made by David Payne.



It is therefore not correct to say he saw or heard nothing at all. And no reason to discard the statements at all. The statements are very important - hence that could account for the delay in sending them to the Portuguese Police.

cherry, we been over this before. the statements were originally in english, translated into portuguese and then back again for public release. the line you highlight has in the past been interpreted as some kind of written nod nod wink wink when it's more logical to consider it just a bad translation. if memory serves it's the only part of his statement statement that was seized upon. one statement does not support the other although both were at the same table. he did not see or hear what she heard or saw or if you prefer, he did not interpret it the same way. either way it's all the same. and that's enough to disregard them.


Marky, it would appear that he did see the gesture, but interpreted it differently. Even if he had not seen the gesture, it is worth bearing in mind that whatever David Payne did may not have been noticed by everyone sitting at the table. He did say that he had seen it though. Enough now. It is not up to any of us to decided what statements should be disregarded. Gonçalo Amaral felt that the statement by Katarina Gasper was significant and that's good enough for me.

hi anna. it's me who is disregarding them. if amaral felt it significant then fine but as they stand and we have not seen the originals, my view, however unpopular, is that once investigated they'd be filed away. anyways long time no post. been busy?


May not have posted very much, Marky, but I'm usually here for at least part of the day.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  cherry1 on Mon 29 Dec - 20:49


cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Dec - 20:55

cherry1 wrote:We will have to agree to disagree Marky, he may have dismissed it at the time but had a rethink and anxious that the Police knew of that concern, I certainly wouldn't dismiss it at all.


well, you interpret that in whatever way is convenient but anxious and concerned is not an impression you can take from a statement the translation of which is in doubt.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest on Mon 29 Dec - 20:56

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
cherry1 wrote:Mr. Gaspar said this:

At the time I did not feel the gesture was referring to Madeleine.

It is my wish that the police are aware of my preoccupation with the gesture made by David Payne.


so it seems although at the time he did not feel it was referring to Madeleine (although he did feel it was in bad taste) - since Madeleine's disappearance he obviously had thought about it some more as he wanted the Police to be aware of -  my preoccupation with the gesture made by David Payne.



It is therefore not correct to say he saw or heard nothing at all. And no reason to discard the statements at all. The statements are very important - hence that could account for the delay in sending them to the Portuguese Police.

cherry, we been over this before. the statements were originally in english, translated into portuguese and then back again for public release. the line you highlight has in the past been interpreted as some kind of written nod nod wink wink when it's more logical to consider it just a bad translation. if memory serves it's the only part of his statement statement that was seized upon. one statement does not support the other although both were at the same table. he did not see or hear what she heard or saw or if you prefer, he did not interpret it the same way. either way it's all the same. and that's enough to disregard them.


Marky, it would appear that he did see the gesture, but interpreted it differently. Even if he had not seen the gesture, it is worth bearing in mind that whatever David Payne did may not have been noticed by everyone sitting at the table. He did say that he had seen it though. Enough now. It is not up to any of us to decided what statements should be disregarded. Gonçalo Amaral felt that the statement by Katarina Gasper was significant and that's good enough for me.

hi anna. it's me who is disregarding them. if amaral felt it significant then fine but as they stand and we have not seen the originals, my view, however unpopular, is that once investigated they'd be filed away. anyways long time no post. been busy?


May not have posted very much, Marky, but I'm usually here for at least part of the day.

ah righty. well, it's pretty quite here these days.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Krisy22 on Mon 29 Dec - 21:31

Maybe I am being naïve here...but we are talking about a very professional couple.

I don't believe for one minute this was not discussed up and down and around, by this pair... before going to the police.

I would imagine if there was the slightest doubt in their minds ..it would not have been brought to police attention at all ...bearing in mind the long term friendship.. that must have suffered.



Better add.. all in my opinion of course. lol

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Judge Dread on Mon 29 Dec - 21:37

Krisy22 wrote:Maybe I am being naïve here...but we are talking about a very professional couple.

I don't believe for one minute this was not discussed up and down and around, by this pair... before going to the police.

I would imagine if there was the slightest doubt in their minds ..it would not have been brought to police attention at all ...bearing in mind the long term friendship.. that must have suffered.



Better add.. all in my opinion of course. lol

Couldn't agree more...

Judge Dread
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 594
Location : Planet Earth
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  interested on Mon 29 Dec - 23:36

Krisy22 wrote:Maybe I am being naïve here...but we are talking about a very professional couple.

I don't believe for one minute this was not discussed up and down and around, by this pair... before going to the police.

I would imagine if there was the slightest doubt in their minds ..it would not have been brought to police attention at all ...bearing in mind the long term friendship.. that must have suffered.



Better add.. all in my opinion of course. lol



You are not being naive at all "Krisy22". We all know Doctors are reluctant to be critical of one another (at least "on the record" anyway) so it is reasonable to assume a great deal of thought went into deciding to go to the police.

I keep hoping at least one of the tapas friends of the McCanns will crack and do the right thing as well.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  comperedna on Tue 30 Dec - 15:21

I am just delighted that Marky, higher up the thead, has seen fit to print some of his his own opinions for once, like that there was no cover up and so on... a perfectly reasonable viewpoint to take, even if many would disagree with it. Why don't you do that more often, Marky? Defend your viewpoint, so much more constructive than sneering. I did not know for sure what you thought. How could I if you do not say. If you believe others on here are not worth the bother of discussing, arguing, or disputing with, why come on here at all?

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest on Tue 30 Dec - 19:07

comperedna wrote:I am just delighted that Marky, higher up the thead, has seen fit to print some of his his own opinions for once, like that there was no cover up and so on... a perfectly reasonable viewpoint to take, even if many would disagree with it. Why don't you do that more often, Marky? Defend your viewpoint, so much more constructive than sneering. I did not know for sure what you thought. How could I if you do not say. If you believe others on here are not worth the bother of discussing, arguing, or disputing with, why come on here at all?

been around a while. said it all before. taken the hits. and that's all folks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest on Tue 30 Dec - 19:11

jassi wrote:There was also the involvement of Special Branch who acted as chauffeurs to the McCanns when they made their final return to UK.
What conversation were they perhaps having in the privacy of a car?

probably something along the lines of 'good vacation?'

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest on Tue 30 Dec - 19:27

come on jassie or are you waiting for winjoy, maybe judge dread. hunting with the hounds?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 30 Dec - 19:37

Marky wrote:come on jassie or are you waiting for winjoy, maybe judge dread. hunting with the hounds?

Marky, you have reduced a serious discussion to sarcasm, gibes and snide remarks. Any more of this and I start deleting.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest on Tue 30 Dec - 19:59

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:come on jassie or are you waiting for winjoy, maybe judge dread. hunting with the hounds?

Marky, you have reduced a serious discussion to sarcasm, gibes and snide remarks. Any more of this and I start deleting.

COMMENT REMOVED.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 30 Dec - 20:39

I'm getting a weird déjà vu feeling.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest on Tue 30 Dec - 20:43

Claudia79 wrote:I'm getting a weird déjà vu feeling.

only this time i'll beat you to it. please delete my account. thanks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Krisy22 on Tue 30 Dec - 21:22

To be honest, I really cant think of much that could shock me now after all that's transpired over the years.

Always hopeful of a new breakthrough though. Think this can only come from someone at the scene.
2015 must bring something new or final to the table. Surely it cannot go on indefinitely.. can it?

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  jassi on Tue 30 Dec - 21:31

Krisy22 wrote:To be honest, I really cant think of much that could shock me now after all that's  transpired over the years.

Always hopeful of a new breakthrough though. Think this can only come from someone at the scene.  
2015 must bring something new or final to the table. Surely it cannot go on indefinitely.. can it?


Unless Ms Wall can nail it, why not ? The McCanns can't afford to give up.

jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Krisy22 on Tue 30 Dec - 21:52

jassi wrote:
Krisy22 wrote:To be honest, I really cant think of much that could shock me now after all that's  transpired over the years.

Always hopeful of a new breakthrough though. Think this can only come from someone at the scene.  
2015 must bring something new or final to the table. Surely it cannot go on indefinitely.. can it?


Unless Ms Wall can nail it, why not ?  The McCanns can't afford to give up.


Over 10 mil already spent ... do you think it can go on indefinitely. There doesn't seem much to show for that amount.

Not sure what happens in these kind of cases and whether there is a limit to expenditure.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  margaret on Tue 30 Dec - 22:46

comperedna wrote:I am just delighted that Marky, higher up the thead, has seen fit to print some of his his own opinions for once, like that there was no cover up and so on... a perfectly reasonable viewpoint to take, even if many would disagree with it. Why don't you do that more often, Marky? Defend your viewpoint, so much more constructive than sneering. I did not know for sure what you thought. How could I if you do not say. If you believe others on here are not worth the bother of discussing, arguing, or disputing with, why come on here at all?

I agree, I struggle to think sometimes marky you are not just here to cause trouble. Talking to people is better than sneering at them.

ETA, we spoke too late.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Lioned on Tue 30 Dec - 23:11

Blacksmith has promised a resolution to this case on or around the 25th Jan 2015. So not long to wait now according to him !

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Claudia79 on Wed 31 Dec - 0:11

Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I'm getting a weird déjà vu feeling.

only this time i'll beat you to it. please delete my account. thanks.

Since with you we never know, can you just confirm that you are indeed not making another one of your jokes and that is your true desire? We are here to please you, evidently: you want to join, you get in. You want to leave, your wish is our command. You want to come back, we open the door for you. You want to go again, and here we are to fulfil your wishes. I just need to be sure they are, in fact your wishes.

ETA: I never banned you so the 'this time I'll beat you to it' thing doesn't make any sense.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  winjoy on Wed 31 Dec - 0:35

Lioned wrote:Blacksmith has promised a resolution to this case on or around the 25th Jan 2015. So not long to wait now according to him !

That is going to be my 'New Year Wish' tomorrow night when the clock strikes midnight!! In any event, I do know that I cannot stomach this case for very much longer!

Let us all pray that Blacksmith knows something the rest of us don't.....

winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Location : The Garden of England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  winjoy on Wed 31 Dec - 0:41

Claudia79 wrote:
Marky wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:I'm getting a weird déjà vu feeling.

only this time i'll beat you to it. please delete my account. thanks.

Since with you we never know, can you just confirm that you are indeed not making another one of your jokes and that is your true desire? We are here to please you, evidently: you want to join, you get in. You want to leave, your wish is our command. You want to come back, we open the door for you. You want to go again, and here we are to fulfil your wishes. I just need to be sure they are, in fact your wishes.

ETA: I never banned you so the 'this time I'll beat you to it' thing doesn't make any sense.

Dear Claudia79 - your task must sometimes be a really difficult one - a fine line to balance to try to please everyone. On this occasion may I please suggest that you take Marky at his word - for the greater enjoyment of most?

Thank you for this site which is a nice mix of serious discussion along with more frivolous enjoyment. Happy New Year to all truthseekers.

winjoy
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 130
Location : The Garden of England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2013-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  interested on Wed 31 Dec - 1:13

winjoy wrote:
Lioned wrote:Blacksmith has promised a resolution to this case on or around the 25th Jan 2015. So not long to wait now according to him !

That is going to be my 'New Year Wish' tomorrow night when the clock strikes midnight!!  In any event, I do know that I cannot stomach this case for very much longer!

Let us all pray that Blacksmith knows something the rest of us don't.....


Let's hope the "resolution" is not a declaration that the results of the inquiry will be sealed, not to be open for 100 years, due to national security.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  weissnicht on Wed 31 Dec - 8:17

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:come on jassie or are you waiting for winjoy, maybe judge dread. hunting with the hounds?

Marky, you have reduced a serious discussion to sarcasm, gibes and snide remarks. Any more of this and I start deleting.
I just thought that this is not about Sonja's new film. This is all about Marky. No much point to take part. He/she/it doesn't interest me.

weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 810
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:47


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum