Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Peters Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences.

2 posters

Go down

Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Empty Baby Peters Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences.

Post  Guest Sat 12 Sep - 12:52

I read on the BBC UK online news this morning that Baby Peters abusers/killers have been denied Leave To Appeal against their sentences. There has been very little about this case that has had a positive aspect for obvious reasons, but this news of their leave to appeal being denied is something positive at last in this very sad and traumatic case. If this has already been posted/discussed on here I will remove it later. R. I.P. Baby Peter. You are always in my thoughts & prayers. May God Bless You & Keep You Safe in his loving arms. xxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Empty Re: Baby Peters Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences.

Post  Susan Sat 12 Sep - 18:58

The three people jailed over Baby Peter Connelly's death have been denied leave to appeal against their sentences.

The 17-month-old boy died in Haringey, north London, in August 2007.

His mother Tracey, 28, and her partner Steven Barker, 33, were given minimum terms of five and 12 years for causing or allowing the baby's death.

Barker's brother Jason Owen, 37, was jailed for three years. He has asked for a court hearing to renew his appeal application, the Court of Appeal said.

The option is also open to Barker and Connelly.

Lynne Featherstone, the MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, said: "Everyone will breathe a collective sigh of relief that they were refused leave to appeal and that no more public money and no more time needs to be spent on this.

New identities

"These three people have been found guilty and now need to serve their punishment."

Peter had more than 50 injuries, including fractured ribs and a broken back, when he was found dead in a property in Penshurst Road, Tottenham.

Barker and Connelly's names were made public in August following the expiry of an anonymity order.

A judge had ordered none of the defendants could be named because the other children were still being placed with alternative carers.

Due to publicity surrounding the case, it is thought all three individuals convicted are likely to be given new identities upon release to protect them from vigilante attacks.

Critics have suggested there would be public anger if taxpayers' money was used to protect these individuals.

In a separate court case, Barker was also given a life sentence for raping a two-year-old girl.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8250982.stm
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Empty Re: Baby Peters Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences.

Post  Guest Sun 13 Sep - 12:04

Hello Amber Thankyou for the link. I just hope and pray that life will mean life in this case. There was a mention on a media news site that Baby Peters main abuser will never be released and that he was a very dangerous individual. In my opinion they are all highly dangerous people and should never be released because of the terrible,terrible injuries they inflicted on Baby Peter and also the danger they will pose to other children if they are set free in the future. When I read of the terrible nature of his injuries and the way they had treated him in his short life I felt like my heart had been crushed, I have shed many tears because of the inhumanity in this very tragic case. I have signed the petition/s calling for justice and to keep his killers behind bars, and I know that many others have as well. I feel that we must all try in whatever small way we can to let the authorities know that what happened to Baby Peter must not be allowed to happen again and his case should not be forgotten. Rose xxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Empty as above

Post  halfamo Tue 27 Oct - 14:01

I hear that piece of human detrius Jason Owen has won his appeal.How reasuring for the children of England .Its ok folks you can torture and murder children to your hearts content ,safe in the knowledge you'll walk away scot free.Bloody bloody digrace.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Baby Peters  Three Abusers/ Killers Have Been Denied Leave To Appeal Their Sentences. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down