Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

+50
Dimsie
fred
Roasted Arizona
lynn
AnnaEsse
Alpine Aster
Justiceforallkids
MaryB
quickfingers
tanszi
FSoares
Eve
Patchouli
kitti
littlepixie
Fudge
jassi
fishie
wjk
devonmum
dazedandconfused
tabs
MissGivings
Christine
Lillyofthevalley
Bridgieboo
magicslipper
Susan
the one and only big_l
T4two
maebee
wantthetruth
Colonel Fabien
welshy
Sprite
Carolina
bootsy
Gobsmacked
ann_chovey
Jean-Luc
flubber
Angelina
Claudia79
ali1966
ProfMoriarty
stellarose
zodiac
halfamo
frankie stein
steve1295
54 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 22:39

My own quote://
Could it be after seeing the rolling eyes of the mother and the new cuddlebear in the interview?//end of quote.

I want to take back this sentence, because I saw the brother of the mother in an interview with almost the same mimique. Maybe it is in the family such mimic in the face, I am sorry that I said it.
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 477442 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 36898 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 284844

Last edited by dinah on Tue 13 Oct - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  wjk Mon 12 Oct - 22:43

Pussycat wrote:Shoot me down, but I am still uncomfortable about this.........
Me too Pussycat, I really find the video of the parents very uncomfortable. Poor little girl.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Mon 12 Oct - 22:45

The fact that the person with the long black hair and a dog seen near the child is very worrying indeed. Could it have been someone in a wig. The police are thorough by the sounds of it and won't leave any stone unturned. Shades of doubt surround this case. Me too am uncomfortable with that video.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 12 Oct - 22:58

arachnidae wrote:These reports are just too conflicting, now we are hearing that she could not have lifted the lid

Davey says the manhole cover was about 600mm wide and weighed about 20kg, well beyond the capacity of a child to move.

I don't know, I just don't think a little 2 year old would attempt to lift it, either it was off and she fell down it or ..........it doesn't bare thinking about Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 389741
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 23:01

The NZ Police seem to know what they are doing, though. They knew to go back to the drain - which they had already searched - and exactly where to dig. I think they know a lot more than has been made public at this stage. And I think that if there is foul play involved, they will soon find it. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 23:11

I also felt uncomfortable when watching the parents' reactions.

However, maybe their strange actions are for another reason and maybe their elder daughter gave a little bit more information when questioned again by the police.

Maybe all just a tragic accident, two small children getting up to mischief with deadly consequences resulting in panic and lies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 23:14

Hopefully the autopsy will reveal how the little lass died.

Nite all

God bless you Aisling, sleep tight princess.
xxxxxxx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fishie Tue 13 Oct - 1:03

Last edited by fishie on Tue 13 Oct - 2:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp.)
fishie
fishie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1140
Warning :

http://thepjfiles.prophpbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 13 Oct - 1:43

Body in drain confirmed as missing toddler

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/10/13/2712490.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 3:09

on sky news australia it just had a man interviewed and he said a grown man would struggle to put the storm drain lid back on and thata 2 year old wouldnt be able to do it police are still investigating how she got there
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 3:12

New Zealand Police have confirmed that the body of a girl recovered from a drainpipe is that of missing two-year-old girl Aisling Symes.

The girl's body was found last night, and was removed from the drain early this morning. She was found 36 metres downstream from a manhole cover in a drain which was buried 1.4 metres underground.

Inspector Gary Davey said that the drain had been searched several times by police on the night the girl disappeared.

He says they had shifted the manhole cover, climbed into the drain, shone torches into it and called for Aisling without response.

Inspector Davey says a post-mortem is currently being conducted held.

"The cause of Aisling's tragic death will be determined at a post-mortem today in Auckland, and the circumstances canvassed by both our investigation team and the coroner," he said.

"We still have a lot of work to do to find out how Aisling came to be in the drainpipe, which runs at the back of several properties in Longburn Road, Henderson."
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fishie Tue 13 Oct - 3:20

carlymichelle wrote:on sky news australia it just had a man interviewed and he said a grown man would struggle to put the storm drain lid back on and thata 2 year old wouldnt be able to do it police are still investigating how she got there

I've read the report Schnuffel posted,there's no way that baby could have ended up where she did by herself.The NZ cops made a massive search they say,people must have witnessed them doing their stuff so they can't really lie.I think there's more to come with this tragic case.
fishie
fishie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 3:26

i agree fishie she was found in the drain which was buried deep underground and it sounded like the police had trouble identifying her at first so how long has she been there?you wouldnt decompoe that much in a week would you?
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fishie Tue 13 Oct - 3:35

If it was around the cesspit/septic tank area there would be lots more bacteria than in ordinary river water,that would speed up decomposition.I'm not surprised that ident. took a while.
By the way it's reported the poor baby was somewhere where her body could be disposed of fast
fishie
fishie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 3:39

seeing that cop on the press confrence is heartbreaking the cops are all upset i cant imagine how hard it was for them
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Tue 13 Oct - 3:45

Wouldn't at all be surprised if this was a case of foul play. The little child is up There out of this troublesome world now and at least it is known she as passed on and not somewhere else never to be found. So sad.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  fishie Tue 13 Oct - 3:51

I know,it must be so hard to keep going faced with such tragedy.I sometimes had 'bad' cases' when I was nursing,but it's so much harder for the cops and paramedics,and firemen,they risk their lives,we just put the survivors back together.

I've got to go now Carly.Heck I need to be awake at 8 am,it's 03;48 now Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 15 23324

Take care.xx
fishie
fishie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 13 Oct - 5:02

13 Oct 2009 4:44 p.m.

Autopsy Finds Aisling Symes Drowned

An autopsy has found that Aisling Symes, whose body was found in a drain after she went missing over a week ago, drowned.

Inspector Gary Davey says he can't comment on the specific details of the autopsy, but there is no evidence of injury.

Aisling's body has now been released to her family.

Meanwhile, members of Aisling's family say the loss of the toddler is unbearable, but there is some resolution in the sense she has been found.

Two family members have spoken to journalists at Henderson Police Station, on behalf of the dead toddler's grieving parents Allan and Angela Symes.

They expressed their thanks to the community and spoke of the immense grief Aisling's parents are feeling.

http://www.bigfm.co.nz/News/Autopsy-Finds-Aisling-Symes-Drowned/tabid/55/articleID/4929/cat/1/Default.aspx

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/autopsy-shows-toddler-drowned-3070653

Conclusion - An every day childhood tragic accident. No foul play and no ABDUCTION.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 5:13

it doesnt explain how she got in there though
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 5:18

Questions raised over search for Aisling (Source: NZPA)

NZPAAisling Symes

* WATCH the video (5:10)

Sadness at the discovery of a body believed to be missing toddler Aisling Symes is giving way to criticism that police should have found her in their original search over a week ago.

Aisling's body was found at No. 5 Longburn Rd, just metres from the home of Aisling's deceased grandparents at No. 7, where her mother was working when the toddler disappeared.

Questions are now being asked as to why, after an extensive search, the body wasn't found more quickly.

Waitakere Mayor Bob Harvey says he thinks she may have got into the drain through an open manhole and he believes the manhole cover must have been replaced later.

He says that manhole cover is far too heavy for a man to lift, let alone a child, but it must have been removed at some stage as it's the only entrance to the pipe.

Two days after she disappeared, the officer in charge of the investigation, Inspector Gary Davey, said police were confident she was not in the area and were looking at a possible abduction, "given her age and the possibility of how far she would move under her own steam".

"We have searched and not found her, which makes it more likely we are looking at someone having picked up Aisling," he said.
Advertisement

"As far as we know, we believe Aisling hasn't wandered off."

At a press conference on Tuesday morning Davey says the drain where the body was found was repeatedly searched the night she disappeared, by police, search and rescue, and Aisling's father.

Later, Watercare cameras were put down the drain and they couldn't see her either. It took diggers sent in to check again, to reveal her body.

Davey says searchers didn't give up and kept an open mind on what had happened to Aisling.

He says he personally thinks Aisling has been in the drain since she went missing, and he believes her death was an accident.

More than 100 police and volunteers searched the area late on Monday and on Tuesday last week when Aisling disappeared, but could not find the toddler.
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 13 Oct - 5:45

carlymichelle wrote:it doesnt explain how she got in there though

HOW DID AISLING GET INTO DRAIN?

Inspector Davey said part of the police inquiry would be to establish how Aisling got into the drain.

She was found 36 metres away from a manhole into the drain and 1.5m underground. Concrete cutters and a digger were required to open the drain up and retrieve the body.

He said a manhole into the drain was seen to be 8 to 10 centimetres ajar on the night Aisling went missing.

However he said: "I'm sure we would not have been able to save her on the night."

He said it had been raining that night with water sluicing down the drain.

"It would have been impossible for her to turn around if she was crawling."

DRAIN COMPLAINTS

A family who lived next to the property where Aisling was found say they moved out due to concerns about a drain manhole.

Sonya Carrington said she lived on an adjoining property for two years, but moved across the road because of concerns about the drain.

The manhole would lift off and water would come pouring out in heavy rain, Ms Carrington said.

"We called the council and some councillors and it has been looked at, but it's never been fixed yet."

Ms Carrington said she had also wanted a fence between the properties repaired in case her children got over there.

One of the reasons she moved was due to fear of her young child falling down the manhole.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2958012/Aisling-drowned-autopsy-finds
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 13 Oct - 7:17

Good morning to all of you!

I hope that the pathologists have been able to establish the "sort of water" (water from a bathtub or water from the pipe) in the girls lungs.

Did the little girl lay under the water in the pipe?

I do not think so.

When you are pinned in a pipe and can not turn back you would surely not drown necessarily.
But I did read it rained the night the girl disappeared...

I do not want to think about how the girl met her demise in the pipe (or not the pipe). It is unbearable for me.

Last edited by Lilemor on Tue 13 Oct - 7:26; edited 1 time in total
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 7:23

Lilemor wrote:Good morning to all of you!

I hope that the pathologists have been able to establish the "sort of water" (water from a bathtub or water from the pipe).

Did the little girl lay under the water in the pipe?

I do not think so.

When you are pinned in a pipe and can not turn back you would surely not drown necessarily.
But I did read it rained the night the girl disappeared...

im pretty sure there was floodwater flowing into the pipe too it was really heavy rain
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Tue 13 Oct - 7:27

Poor poor poor Aisling!
Awful!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Tue 13 Oct - 7:27

our news just said police are still saying there isa chance it was foul play
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next