Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

+50
Dimsie
fred
Roasted Arizona
lynn
AnnaEsse
Alpine Aster
Justiceforallkids
MaryB
quickfingers
tanszi
FSoares
Eve
Patchouli
kitti
littlepixie
Fudge
jassi
fishie
wjk
devonmum
dazedandconfused
tabs
MissGivings
Christine
Lillyofthevalley
Bridgieboo
magicslipper
Susan
the one and only big_l
T4two
maebee
wantthetruth
Colonel Fabien
welshy
Sprite
Carolina
bootsy
Gobsmacked
ann_chovey
Jean-Luc
flubber
Angelina
Claudia79
ali1966
ProfMoriarty
stellarose
zodiac
halfamo
frankie stein
steve1295
54 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  Bridgieboo Mon 12 Oct - 20:34

Ambersuz wrote:RIP Little Aisling Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 36898

I dont understand how her mother realised immediately she was missing and Aisling was found only 20 metres away. Surely if the mother was shouting out then her child would have heard her being so nearby.

....Unless she was placed there after the police got there and searched.

Or perhaps the mother never heard Aisling's crys or realised how long her daughter had been gone as she was busy doing the vacuuming, - sorry I meant checking the tap on the washing machine. (cough, cue bulging eyes!)
Bridgieboo
Bridgieboo

Female
Number of posts : 22
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 Empty Re: Aisling Symes - found dead near her home

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 20:34

magicslipper wrote:RIP Aisling may you dance with angels xxxxxx

I like that. Dance and sing with them, little Aisling.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Mon 12 Oct - 20:36

RIP little Aisling.

I wonder if her parents searched the storm drain after the Police had finished?
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 20:36

Bridgieboo wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:RIP Little Aisling Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 36898

I dont understand how her mother realised immediately she was missing and Aisling was found only 20 metres away. Surely if the mother was shouting out then her child would have heard her being so nearby.

....Unless she was placed there after the police got there and searched.

Or perhaps the mother never heard Aisling's crys or realised how long her daughter had been gone as she was busy doing the vacuuming, - sorry I meant checking the tap on the washing machine. (cough, cue bulging eyes!)

Just what my cynical mind came up with, following the slip...vac..instead of washing machine.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 20:37

quickfingers wrote:RIP little Aisling.

Oh dear. Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 20:39

quickfingers wrote:RIP little Aisling.

And the McCanns with that anonymous letter from the Netherlands. I wonder if they visited the area after the search!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 20:42

R.I.P.Aisling ,wrapped in the arms of the angels xx
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 20:43

RIP Aisling you are now amongst the Angels Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 20:45

"Waitakere Mayor Bob Harvey said the only way Aisling could have got into the drain was through a manhole cover.

The cover was somehow put back over the hole after the toddler went through it, he told TVNZ's Breakfast programme.

"The drain goes down into a very narrow pipe – about 15 inches across – and it's full of weeds and roots of a massive, massive willow and that's where her body came to rest before it keeps going and connecting with other pipes."

He said questions may be asked later on the police investigation into Aisling's disappearance.

The manhole cover was prised open after police had decided to take another look around the property in drains in an effort to double check Aisling was not trapped nearby, Mr Harvey said.

"And down went the camera (used by council staff to check pipes) and by 8pm they knew they had found her."

He said it would have been impossible for Aisling to prise the manhole cover open by herself."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2957294/Aislings-parents-distraught-after-body-found
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 12 Oct - 20:48

He told reporters he thought the body had been in the drain the whole time and suspects misadventure though he said he was unable to rule out foul play at this stage."

I bet the police have a good idea what has happened!!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 20:51

Lillyofthevalley wrote:He told reporters he thought the body had been in the drain the whole time and suspects misadventure though he said he was unable to rule out foul play at this stage."

I bet the police have a good idea what has happened!!!!

The cover must have been put back in place after Aisling went into the drain. Someone noticed it had been left off? Someone placed it back knowing?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Mon 12 Oct - 21:02

I wonder why the police all off a sudden checked this drain again, when they had done it before. Didn't they shelter the area before they found her?
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 21:09

Christine wrote:I wonder why the police all off a sudden checked this drain again, when they had done it before. Didn't they shelter the area before they found her?

There is a contradiction between the two news reports I posted. One seems to be saying that Aisling was found as a result of the cameras. The other says that the cameras found nothing, but the police were determined and after five hours of digging they found her. Now, yes, a good question. Why did they check again and why did they seem so sure they would find her?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MissGivings Mon 12 Oct - 21:11

If the police checked the drain and the parents, why did they suddenly decide to go in with cutters etc. I does seem a little puzzling. How did the cover get replaced?? Lots of questions.
MissGivings
MissGivings
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 345
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 12 Oct - 21:21

I surfed to google maps, searched "Longburn Rd 5, Auckland 0610, Neuseeland". Then I choosed the option "Street View".
I klicked on Street View and then stood in front of house number 5. And there is a "gully" in front of the house.
Maybe that is where the little girl has been found?!
Horrible thought!
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1149
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  tabs Mon 12 Oct - 21:39

god bless you little one

at peace now xxx
tabs
tabs
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Patchouli Mon 12 Oct - 21:45

Does anyone know how to set up the site where you can light a candle and just have a few moments of contemplation or prayer? Just for a day or two. Thankyou if someone can help.
Patchouli
Patchouli
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 165
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 12 Oct - 21:50

Oh Aisling oh Aisling, how did you get down in that dirty wet pipe???
Time will hopefully tell.
It is sooooooooo sad... Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741

Such a young girl.

She looked like a little barock-angel (cherub) and now she is one Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 377521 .
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 12 Oct - 21:53

Lilemor wrote:Oh Aisling oh Aisling, how did you get down in that dirty wet pipe???
Time will hopefully tell.
It is sooooooooo sad... Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741 Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 389741

Such a young girl.

She looked like a little barock-angel (cherub) and now she is one Aisling Symes - found dead near her home - Page 14 377521 .

She did. I thought the same when I saw the photo of her in the green dress: a timeless quality about her. Good night little Aisling and may God hold you in his hand until you meet with your loved ones again.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 12 Oct - 21:56

God bless. So sad.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilemor Mon 12 Oct - 21:57

http://www.skynews.com.au/world/article.aspx?id=382298

Aisling Symes found dead in drain
Updated: 07:40, Tuesday October 13, 2009

Police in New Zealand have confirmed the body of a toddler found in a drain is missing toddler Aisling Symes.
The body was discovered 36 metres from a manhole, and 1.5m underground.
Police had searched the area thoroughly including the drain where she was found at least four times prior to the find. A policeman climbed down the drain with a torch and called Aisling's name, with no response.
Alan Symes, Aisling's father also searched the drain earlier that night, as well as rescue staff.
Inquiry head inspector Gary Davey says investigations are continuing into the cause of her death.
'I believe it's more likely than not she was there from the start and it is a case of misadventure,' he said.
He said it had been raining that night with water pouring down the drain.
'It would have been impossible for her to turn around if she was crawling.'
Mr Davey said a manhole into the drain was seen to be 8 to 10 centimetres ajar on the night Aisling went missing.
But police aren't ruling out foul play.

Oh my god, sheer impossibility to turn around...
Lilemor
Lilemor
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 22:28

AnnaEsse wrote:"Waitakere Mayor Bob Harvey said the only way Aisling could have got into the drain was through a manhole cover.

The cover was somehow put back over the hole after the toddler went through it, he told TVNZ's Breakfast programme.

"The drain goes down into a very narrow pipe – about 15 inches across – and it's full of weeds and roots of a massive, massive willow and that's where her body came to rest before it keeps going and connecting with other pipes."

He said questions may be asked later on the police investigation into Aisling's disappearance.

The manhole cover was prised open after police had decided to take another look around the property in drains in an effort to double check Aisling was not trapped nearby, Mr Harvey said.

"And down went the camera (used by council staff to check pipes) and by 8pm they knew they had found her."

He said it would have been impossible for Aisling to prise the manhole cover open by herself."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2957294/Aislings-parents-distraught-after-body-found

I find that quite hard to believe tbh; the little lass was two. And more important how did the cover get put back in place, unless of course she lifted just enough for her slip through and then it fell back down shut? But even that seems highly unlikely, her parents did say she was big for a two year old!!

Also, how likely is it that a little girl of two would show such interest in a manhole cover anyway when there would have been lots of other things around to distract her?

I would really like to know why the police felt it urgent to re-check that area so late during in the day (and i mean day - didn't they arrive at about 6pm?).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct - 22:32

Seems there are some answers regarding the manhole/drain

Knowing he faced criticism of the delay in finding Aisling and the focus on a potential abduction, Mr Davey provided a detailed review of the police search relating to the drain.

Aisling is understood to have gone missing within 10 minutes of the family last seeing her.

At 5.32pm on Monday night, police were called and arrived on the scene within five minutes. Two officers began an immediate search of the property.

One officer noticed a manhole cover slightly ajar and looked in He could not see Aisling and got no reply to his calls.

That officer then searched the nearby stream but within 15 minutes returned to the manhole with a borrowed torch. This time he climbed two metres into the drain, shining the torch and again called Aisling's name.

Later that night one of the search and rescue team also examined the drain and Alan Symes himself also looked in it.

"I'm confident police did everything they could that night to find her in the drain with the resources they had," Mr Davey said.

Police later contacted Watercare Services to further search the drain, this time with cameras. Both ends of the drain were searched. Even then, police were unable to locate Aisling.

He said police "always reviewed what we had done, when and whether it needed to be done again."

Mr Davey said when police were told by Watercare that this drain had a history of blockages and with no leads around a possible abduction, they decided they needed a further examination of the drain.

"For me personally it was the fact that all lines of inquiry were not leading us anywhere positive," he said of the decision to return to examining the drain.

"It was really coming up with nothing really solid that was causing us concerns and to go back and reassess."

A digger was needed and it took five hours to access the drain and fire services with concrete cutters. Only then, said Mr Davey "were we able to see Aisling."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  devonmum Mon 12 Oct - 22:33

RIP little one xx
devonmum
devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 12 Oct - 22:35

I'd like to know what position the Manhole cover was in before the first police check? Have we been told? Was it off and the cops put it on after their initial check?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next